|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stan get rid of Gerard?
(a) He dumps Gerard on the side of the road.
(b) He gives Gerard toa woman they hitch a ride with.
(c) He gives Gerard toa pet store owner.
(d) He gives Gerard to a diner owner.
2. What grade is Billy in?
3. How old is Georgia's daughter?
4. Vasco decides to head directly where to wait for Alex?
(a) The Kilgore house.
(b) The Kilcoyne House.
(c) The Kendall house.
(d) The Kenneth house.
5. Henry's wife's name is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's last name?
2. Mrs. Kendall decides to tell everyone that Dave, the hybrid, is actually a human who suffers from what?
3. Mrs. Kendall's son's name is what?
4. Gail Bond is currently where?
5. Rick Diehl's lawyers tell him that he owns the Burnet cell line, therefore he has a right to take it from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major problem regarding Burnet's cells does Rick have in this section and what could that mean later on?
2. Billy Cleever, the sixth grader Dave bit earlier in the day, is on his way home from school with his friends when they see Dave and Jamie up ahead. Billy's friends goad him into getting Dave back for the earlier incident. Billy jumps Jamie in the park, knocking him down. What are your opinions of that incident?
3. Who, it turns out, was actually responsible for destroying BioGen and contaminating the cell line and why? What is the outcome?
4. Explain Dr. Bennett's predicament in this section and how you feel about it.
5. Do you agree or disagree with Ellis Levine wanting to sue Josh for his mother's Alzheimer's symptoms?
6. Explain the incident with the turtle and what it implies.
7. With regard to his mother's New York cousin, how does Josh redeem himself a bit in this section of the book?
8. Rick Diehl's lawyers tell him that he owns the Burnet cell line, therefore he has a right to take it from any source. Since Frank Burnet's children and grandchildren have the same cells, they technically are in possession of stolen property. Do you agree with that assessment?
9. Dave fits in well with the Kendall family, but it does not take long before he realizes that he is different from everyone else. Lynn tries to make him feel better, but has difficulty knowing how to treat him. How might you deal with the situation in Lynn's place?
10. How and why do Henry and Lynn's attitudes about having Dave in their home seem to reverse in this section?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)