|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Levine starts to cry until Ellis agrees to do what?
(a) Take her to the doctor.
(b) Take her on a shopping spree.
(c) Take her home.
(d) Take her to lunch.
2. Henry infused his DNA with that of a what?
3. What is Roberts' assistant's name?
4. Frank's doctor eventually asked him to come in for tests every three months for how many years?
5. Roberts confronts who about the situation at the cemetery?
(a) Tom's sister.
(d) Mrs. Weller.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men are administering a retrovirus to what sort of animals?
2. It is against the law to do what in the cemetery?
3. The parrot repeats a discussion he heard between Bond and whom?
4. The girl Brad supposedly raped took forty-five minutes to drive to the hospital, a drive which should have taken about how many minutes?
5. Mrs. Bond discovers that someone has been helping her son with ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how greed motivates Josh and Rick in this section with regards to the maturity gene.
2. Why is Frank Burnet suing the Regents of the University of California?
3. How does a previous incident with Brad come up in this section?
4. Do you agree with Josh's attitude when Adam inhales the retrovirus? Why or why not?
5. Henry Kendall learns that the blood he took to Roberts is human and that the DNA matches his own. Henry goes to the NIH lab in Bethesda where he was working on a transgenic chimpanzee four years ago when an encephalitis outbreak interrupted. Henry spends time with the chimpanzee, who is, for all intents and purposes, Henry's son, before learning it is to be destroyed. Henry decides to steal the chimpanzee from the lab and take it home, though he is not sure what he will do with him then. Do you feel that it was right for Henry to steal the Chimpanzee?
6. What opinions does Robert Bellarmino express while giving his speech in this section and do you agree with him? Why or why not?
7. Explain how the Levines are further identified, in Chapter 23 and what that could mean later, as things develop.
8. In the prologue, the reader is introduced to a fugitive who stole embryos from his place of work, a research lab. What possible motives might the fugitive have had and do you agree with those motives?
9. Explain Henry Kendall's reaction to the news of a talking orangutan in Sumatra.
10. When Adam's behavior suddenly changes and he goes off drugs and gets a job, Josh tells their mother about the retrovirus Adam inhaled. Then, their mother asks Josh to send some of the retrovirus to a drug-addicted son of a friend. Do you agree with that request or Josh's reaction to it? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)