|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a meeting, Frank has a discussion with a young man who delivered ________________.
(a) A Package.
2. The fugitive meets with a woman of what nationality in his room?
3. What is Borden's first name?
4. Josh's mother calls him and asks that he send a canister of the retrovirus to New York in order to help her ______________.
5. Frank makes an amazing recovery, much to the surprise of his what?
(c) Business partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fugitive and the woman leave the hotel room to go where?
2. What is Mr. Bellarmino's first name?
3. Roberts confronts who about the situation at the cemetery?
4. Where does Mr. Levine live?
5. What is Tom's mother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opinions does Robert Bellarmino express while giving his speech in this section and do you agree with him? Why or why not?
2. Explain how the Levines are further identified, in Chapter 23 and what that could mean later, as things develop.
3. Brad Gordon is visited by a beautiful woman who reminds him how helpful his uncle has always been to him. To pay him back, the woman instructs Brad to contaminate the Burnet cell line at BioGen. Brad agrees. What further insight does that give into Brad's character?
4. Why is Frank Burnet suing the Regents of the University of California?
5. Explain the results of the meeting between Alex, Frank and the university lawyers. Do you agree or disagree with the lawyers and why?
6. How does a previous incident with Brad come up in this section?
7. Brad Gordon is the inept security guard at BioGen. He only has the job because his uncle is Jack Watson, an investor in the company. Do you agree with Brad being given the job at BioGen or relatives being given jobs, in general, in real life?
8. Henry Kendall learns that the blood he took to Roberts is human and that the DNA matches his own. Henry goes to the NIH lab in Bethesda where he was working on a transgenic chimpanzee four years ago when an encephalitis outbreak interrupted. Henry spends time with the chimpanzee, who is, for all intents and purposes, Henry's son, before learning it is to be destroyed. Henry decides to steal the chimpanzee from the lab and take it home, though he is not sure what he will do with him then. Do you feel that it was right for Henry to steal the Chimpanzee?
9. Explain how Dr. Bellarmino shows conflicting attitude is this section of the book.
10. Although bio research can be useful, it can also cause problems. What are some of the potential problems that may be associated with bio research?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)