|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlie and Henry submitted a grant application to the NSF to take blood samples of people who repeatedly do what?
(a) Ride roller coasters.
(b) Parachute out of planes.
(c) Bungee jump.
(d) Go white water rafting.
2. Roberts confronts who about the situation at the cemetery?
(a) Mrs. Weller.
(d) Tom's sister.
3. A few days later, Roberts gets a call from Emily Weller letting him know she cannot have her husband cremated because the funeral parlor found __________ in his arms and legs.
(a) Unusual fluid.
(b) Wooden rods.
(c) Drug capsules.
(d) Metal pipes.
4. Brad Gordon has a habit of going to the girls' _____________ practices at the local middle school.
5. Several years ago, Frank was diagnosed with what illness?
6. Tom gets a call that what relative of his has died?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
7. The men are administering a retrovirus to what sort of animals?
8. Rick Diehl is playing _____________ with Jack Watson.
9. Across town, Rick learns that his wife left town when she was ____________________.
(a) Threatened on the phone.
(b) Served a court order.
(c) Threatened by Rick face to face.
(d) Warned that a court order might be coming.
10. Borden discovers that what is gone, upon opening the elevator?
(a) The woman.
(b) The gun.
(c) The embryos.
(d) The man.
11. Brad knows his ___________ will send an expensive lawyer.
12. Roberts calls Mrs. Weller and suggests that she do what?
(a) Have the body cremated.
(b) Lock all her doors, stop answering her phone and stay in for a few days.
(c) Come to Roberts' office immediately.
(d) Leave town.
13. Adam has what sort of problem?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) He has been evicted.
(c) He is a drug addict.
(d) He has lost his job.
14. The person looking for the patent doesn't want to be left out in the cold when Rick Diehl discovers that the maturity gene does what?
(a) Cures arthritis.
(b) Cures Alzheimer's Disease.
(c) Cures diabetes.
(d) Cures drug addiction.
15. The fugitive locks himself in what?
(d) Hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doesn't believe that the person in Tom's family is his/her father?
2. Mrs. Levine starts to cry until Ellis agrees to do what?
3. What is Frank's daughter's name?
4. Where does Mr. Levine live?
5. Where is Borden as the novel opens?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)