|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Diana run out to search for in Act 2, Scene 9?
2. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
3. What color dress does Natalie wear to the dance in Act 2, Scene 12?
4. What reprise is sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 12?
5. What does Henry claim could potentially happen, which would be perfect, in Act 2, Scene 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reprise is sung by Diana in Act 2, Scene 7? What conversation takes place between Diana and Dr. Madden in this scene?
2. What ironic comment does Natalie make about her mother's treatment in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Natalie confess in the song "Next to Normal" in Act 2, Scene 11?
4. What reaction does Diana have to returning home in Act 2, Scene 2? What song is sung?
5. What object does Gabe give Diana in Act 2, Scene 8? What song is sung?
6. What question does Diana pose to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10? What is Madden's reply?
7. What does Dr. Madden relate about Diana's memory loss in Act 2, Scene 4?
8. What do Henry and Natalie witness between Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
9. Why is Henry worried about Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3? Where does he ask her to go?
10. What interaction takes place between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the musical elements, structure and terms in Act 1, Scene 1. How are the music and dialogue intercut and what effect does this have on the reader/audience?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of sibling rivalry in the narrative. How is this theme manifested in the relationship between Gabe and Natalie?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship and correlations between Diana and Natalie in the opening of Act 2. How does this intercut scene reflect their similarities?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)