|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc., or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
2. What song is sung by Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What happens to Natalie as Diana's body is taken into the treatment room in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Natalie claims in Act 2, Scene 1 that she deserves to party because her mother is being what?
5. What is Henry worried about regarding Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Diana pose to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10? What is Madden's reply?
2. What song does Gabe sing in Act 2, Scene 5? What metaphor is used in the song?
3. What reaction does Diana have to returning home in Act 2, Scene 2? What song is sung?
4. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
5. What does Dan attempt to show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What makes Natalie almost leave?
6. How do the scenes flow between Act 2 Scenes 7 and 8? What does this represent symbolically?
7. What reprise is sung by Diana in Act 2, Scene 7? What conversation takes place between Diana and Dr. Madden in this scene?
8. What does Dr. Madden relate about Diana's memory loss in Act 2, Scene 4?
9. What does Diana reveal to Natalie in their brief scene in Act 2, Scene 11?
10. What is revealed in the conversation between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the relationship of Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 2. What objective is each character seeking and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship and correlations between Diana and Natalie in the opening of Act 2. How does this intercut scene reflect their similarities?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the choices and motivations of Dan in the narrative. What decisions of Dan's have been questionable? Do you believe he has the best intentions for Diana? Why or why not?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)