Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects does Dan show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4 which she does not remember?
2. Dan reassures both Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 2 that memories don't what?
3. What song does Dr. Madden sing, along with Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, Natalie comments ironically on how good the treatment is - her mother's mind is "so pure / that she doesn't _____."
5. What refers to a conductor through which a current enters or leaves a nonmetallic medium, as an electrolytic cell, arc generator, vacuum tube, or gaseous discharge tube?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of sibling rivalry in the narrative. How is this theme manifested in the relationship between Gabe and Natalie?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of the choral ensemble in Next to Normal. How does the chorus relate to choruses of the Classical Greek theater?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of Act 1. What stylistic elements are in place in this climactic scene? What is pertinent about the reference to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)