|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects does Dan show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4 which she does not remember?
2. Dan reassures both Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 2 that memories don't what?
3. What song does Dr. Madden sing, along with Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, Natalie comments ironically on how good the treatment is - her mother's mind is "so pure / that she doesn't _____."
5. What refers to a conductor through which a current enters or leaves a nonmetallic medium, as an electrolytic cell, arc generator, vacuum tube, or gaseous discharge tube?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the song "Hey #2" and the role of reprise in the musical. What effect do reprises have on the reader/audience member?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of irony and symbolism in Act 1, Scene 8. How is reality explored through the character of Gabe?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the role of Gabe in Next to Normal. With what characters does Gabe interact and what is symbolized through Gabe's character?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)