|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Diana is unable to remember Natalie in a photo, Natalie attempts to do what in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What theatrical term refers to the shutting off of stage lights?
3. What refers to a comparatively non-aggressive, melodic style of rock music in which the arrangement and lyrics are emphasized more than the beat?
4. What song is sung by Doctor Madden, Dan, Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana insists there should be no limit on the amount of time she can be allowed to do what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss use of drug treatment for bipolar disorder and the role that the drugs play in the musical. How does Diana feel when she is medicated?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the structural elements of the play and its transitions. How are these transitions reflective of the themes of the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the song "Hey #2" and the role of reprise in the musical. What effect do reprises have on the reader/audience member?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)