|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Diana's treatment set to last in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
2. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) "I Miss the Mountains".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(d) "Make Up Your Mind".
3. What refers to a conductor through which a current enters or leaves a nonmetallic medium, as an electrolytic cell, arc generator, vacuum tube, or gaseous discharge tube?
4. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
5. What quickly paced, urgent number is sung by Gabe in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "The Break".
(c) "Wish I Were Here".
(d) "I've Been".
Short Answer Questions
1. Dan reassures both Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 2 that memories don't what?
2. What haunting ballad does Diana sing in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. By what name does Diana refer to her doctor in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Diana sings that she believes her real problem is not in her mind but in what, in Act 2, Scene 10?
5. What song is sung by Gabe in reprise in Act 2, Scene 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about the character of Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What reprise is sung by Diana in Act 2, Scene 7? What conversation takes place between Diana and Dr. Madden in this scene?
3. What object does Gabe give Diana in Act 2, Scene 8? What song is sung?
4. Where are Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1? Why is Natalie distraught?
5. What do Henry and Natalie witness between Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
6. Who arrives after Dan leaves in Act 2, Scene 5? What interaction takes place with Diana?
7. How do the scenes flow between Act 2 Scenes 7 and 8? What does this represent symbolically?
8. What does Diana reveal to Natalie in their brief scene in Act 2, Scene 11?
9. What question does Diana pose to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10? What is Madden's reply?
10. What is symbolized in the song "Next to Normal" in the musical?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)