|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is sung by Gabe in reprise in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "Song of Forgetting".
(b) "Perfect for You".
(c) "I'm Alive".
(d) "The Break".
2. In Act 2, Scene 9, Natalie tells Henry she can't go to the dance because she has to do what?
(a) Write a paper.
(b) Take her mom to the hospital.
(c) Drive to another state.
(d) Watch the neighbors kids.
3. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana insists there should be no limit on the amount of time she can be allowed to do what?
(a) Watch television.
(b) Grieve for her child.
(c) Sit in silence.
(d) Be happy.
4. What song is sung by Henry and Dan in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "He's Not Here".
(b) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(c) "So Anyway".
(d) "A Promise".
5. What does Gabe hand to Diana in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A book.
(b) A newspaper clipping.
(c) A photograph.
(d) The music box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is sung by Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. What song is sung by Diana and Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. Who pursues Dan in exiting Act 2, Scene 9?
4. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
5. What song do Natalie and Henry sing in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What song is sung together by Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 1? What does it reveal?
2. Where are Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1? Why is Natalie distraught?
3. What does Diana reveal to Natalie in their brief scene in Act 2, Scene 11?
4. What does Natalie confess in the song "Next to Normal" in Act 2, Scene 11?
5. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
6. How do the scenes flow between Act 2 Scenes 7 and 8? What does this represent symbolically?
7. What is the conclusion of Diana's and Dr. Madden's disagreement in Act 2, Scene 10?
8. What do Henry and Natalie witness between Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
9. What does Dr. Madden relate about Diana's memory loss in Act 2, Scene 4?
10. What questions does Diana bombard Dan with in Act 2, Scene 8? What is his response?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)