|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) "Make Up Your Mind".
(b) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(c) "You Don't Know".
(d) "I Miss the Mountains".
2. What object appears along with Gabe in the ending of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The toaster.
(b) The music box.
(c) A watch.
(d) A photo album.
3. What song is sung by Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) "Hey #2".
(b) "I Am the One".
(c) "Perfect for You".
(d) "Hey #1".
4. What refers to the original form of rock music, basically dependent on a consistently loud and strong beat?
(b) Heavy metal.
(c) Hard rock.
5. What word means to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is defined as a musical composition for two voices or instruments?
2. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
3. By what name does Diana refer to her doctor in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What theatrical term refers to the shutting off of stage lights?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, Natalie comments ironically on how good the treatment is - her mother's mind is "so pure / that she doesn't _____."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Natalie confess in the song "Next to Normal" in Act 2, Scene 11?
2. What is revealed about the character of Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What interaction takes place between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What reaction does Diana have to returning home in Act 2, Scene 2? What song is sung?
5. What does Dan attempt to show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What makes Natalie almost leave?
6. What does Dr. Madden relate about Diana's memory loss in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. What song is sung together by Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 1? What does it reveal?
8. What is revealed in the conversation between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12?
9. Why is Henry worried about Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3? Where does he ask her to go?
10. What object does Gabe give Diana in Act 2, Scene 8? What song is sung?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)