|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to an instruction written into the script of a play, indicating stage actions, movements of performers, or production requirements?
(a) Physical script.
(b) Kinetic directions.
(d) Stage directions.
2. What does Dan take from Diana and break in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A toy.
(b) A watch.
(c) The music box.
(d) A vase.
3. What does Diana reveal Gabe died from in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) An intestinal blockage.
(b) A cougar attack.
(c) Being hit by a car.
(d) Falling off a cliff.
4. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
(a) "Wish I Were Here".
(b) "I Am the One".
(c) "Seconds and Years".
(d) "Catch Me I'm Falling".
5. In Act 2, Scene 11, Diana meets Natalie, telling her that she's going to take Natalie where?
(a) To the park.
(b) To the dance.
(c) To the dentist.
(d) To the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Diana is unable to remember Natalie in a photo, Natalie attempts to do what in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Where are Natalie and Henry when they first appear in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Natalie claims in Act 2, Scene 1 that she deserves to party because her mother is being what?
4. What does Gabe hand to Diana in Act 2, Scene 8?
5. What song is sung by Diana and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Henry worried about Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3? Where does he ask her to go?
2. What is revealed in the conversation between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12?
3. What interaction takes place between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who arrives after Dan leaves in Act 2, Scene 5? What interaction takes place with Diana?
5. What reprise is sung by Diana in Act 2, Scene 7? What conversation takes place between Diana and Dr. Madden in this scene?
6. What do Henry and Natalie witness between Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
7. What question does Diana pose to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10? What is Madden's reply?
8. What is symbolized in the song "Next to Normal" in the musical?
9. What is the conclusion of Diana's and Dr. Madden's disagreement in Act 2, Scene 10?
10. What does Dan attempt to show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What makes Natalie almost leave?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)