|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabe hand to Diana in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) The music box.
(b) A book.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
2. What refers to a comparatively non-aggressive, melodic style of rock music in which the arrangement and lyrics are emphasized more than the beat?
(b) Soft rock.
(c) Death metal.
(d) Punk rock.
3. Who does Dr. Madden reference, stopping the conversation cold between him and Diana in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A son.
(b) A car.
(c) A job.
(d) A husband.
5. What song is sung by Henry and Dan in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "So Anyway".
(b) "He's Not Here".
(c) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(d) "A Promise".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is defined as existing, occurring, or operating at the same time; concurrent?
2. The song sung by Dr. Madden and Diana in Act 2, Scene 7 is a reprise of what earlier song?
3. Who arrives after Dan goes upstairs to bed in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. In Act 2, Scene 11, Natalie sings that normal is too far away, but that she'd settle for something what?
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe sings of the hole left in Diana's mind by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Diana pose to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10? What is Madden's reply?
2. Where are Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1? Why is Natalie distraught?
3. What is revealed in the conversation between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12?
4. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
5. What object does Gabe give Diana in Act 2, Scene 8? What song is sung?
6. What interaction takes place between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
7. What is the conclusion of Diana's and Dr. Madden's disagreement in Act 2, Scene 10?
8. How do the scenes flow between Act 2 Scenes 7 and 8? What does this represent symbolically?
9. What song does Gabe sing in Act 2, Scene 5? What metaphor is used in the song?
10. What songs are sung by the ensemble in Act 2, Scene 9? What are the songs about?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)