|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means to make (oneself or another) no longer opposed; cause to acquiesce in something unpleasant?
2. Natalie claims in Act 2, Scene 1 that she deserves to party because her mother is being what?
3. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
(a) "I Am the One".
(b) "Seconds and Years".
(c) "Catch Me I'm Falling".
(d) "Wish I Were Here".
4. What object appears along with Gabe in the ending of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A photo album.
(b) The toaster.
(c) The music box.
(d) A watch.
5. As Diana goes out in Act 2, Scene 9, Henry says he'll wait for Natalie where?
(a) At the dance.
(b) At a gas station.
(c) On the football field.
(d) At the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Dr. Madden sing, along with Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What color dress does Natalie wear to the dance in Act 2, Scene 12?
3. How long is Diana's treatment set to last in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. What refers to a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conclusion of Diana's and Dr. Madden's disagreement in Act 2, Scene 10?
2. What do Henry and Natalie witness between Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
3. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
4. What reprise is sung by Diana in Act 2, Scene 7? What conversation takes place between Diana and Dr. Madden in this scene?
5. What does Dr. Madden relate about Diana's memory loss in Act 2, Scene 4?
6. What is revealed in the conversation between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12?
7. What does Diana reveal to Natalie in their brief scene in Act 2, Scene 11?
8. Who arrives after Dan leaves in Act 2, Scene 5? What interaction takes place with Diana?
9. What is revealed about the character of Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What questions does Diana bombard Dan with in Act 2, Scene 8? What is his response?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)