|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Diana sing to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "I'm Alive".
(d) "The Break".
2. What song is sung by Doctor Madden, Dan, Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "Better than Before".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "It's Gonna Be Good".
3. What refers to the original form of rock music, basically dependent on a consistently loud and strong beat?
(c) Hard rock.
(d) Heavy metal.
4. When Henry says he'll be there for Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12, she protests, with increasing anger, that she might turn out to what?
(a) Be a failure.
(b) Betray him.
(c) Ruin his life.
(d) Kill him.
5. Who does Diana run out to search for in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Dr. Fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his song solo in Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe compares electroshock therapy to what?
2. What song in Act 2, Scene 1 is sung by Diana and Natalie?
3. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
4. Who arrives after Dan goes upstairs to bed in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed in the conversation between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12?
2. What ironic comment does Natalie make about her mother's treatment in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is the conclusion of Diana's and Dr. Madden's disagreement in Act 2, Scene 10?
4. What questions does Diana bombard Dan with in Act 2, Scene 8? What is his response?
5. What is revealed about the character of Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What reprise is sung by Diana in Act 2, Scene 7? What conversation takes place between Diana and Dr. Madden in this scene?
7. How do the scenes flow between Act 2 Scenes 7 and 8? What does this represent symbolically?
8. Who arrives after Dan leaves in Act 2, Scene 5? What interaction takes place with Diana?
9. What is symbolized in the song "Next to Normal" in the musical?
10. What reaction does Diana have to returning home in Act 2, Scene 2? What song is sung?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)