|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overlapping ballad is sung by Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) "Just Another Day".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(d) "Maybe / Next to Normal".
2. What objects does Dan show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4 which she does not remember?
(a) Her teddy bear.
(b) Their wedding rings.
(c) Her birth certificate.
(d) Gabe's obituary.
3. Natalie claims in Act 2, Scene 1 that she deserves to party because her mother is being what?
4. What does Henry want to take Natalie to in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The circus.
(c) A dance.
(d) A movie.
5. What song do Natalie and Henry sing in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "Hey #3".
(b) "Hey #1".
(c) "Why Stay".
(d) "How Could I Ever Forget".
Short Answer Questions
1. What reprise does Dr. Madden sing to Diana in Act 2, Scene 10?
2. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana insists there should be no limit on the amount of time she can be allowed to do what?
3. What in musical theater refers to a musical number in which music, ideas and even some text are sung again some time after being sung the first time?
4. What refers to a bouncy, fast pace in music?
5. What word means to make (oneself or another) no longer opposed; cause to acquiesce in something unpleasant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Henry worried about Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3? Where does he ask her to go?
2. What reaction does Diana have to returning home in Act 2, Scene 2? What song is sung?
3. How do the scenes flow between Act 2 Scenes 7 and 8? What does this represent symbolically?
4. What does Diana reveal to Natalie in their brief scene in Act 2, Scene 11?
5. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
6. What is revealed about the character of Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What is the conclusion of Diana's and Dr. Madden's disagreement in Act 2, Scene 10?
8. What songs are sung by the ensemble in Act 2, Scene 9? What are the songs about?
9. What song does Gabe sing in Act 2, Scene 5? What metaphor is used in the song?
10. What is symbolized in the song "Next to Normal" in the musical?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)