|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is sung by Doctor Madden, Dan, Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(b) "I Miss the Mountains".
(c) "Better than Before".
(d) "You Don't Know".
2. Who does Dr. Madden reference, stopping the conversation cold between him and Diana in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
4. What refers to the original form of rock music, basically dependent on a consistently loud and strong beat?
(a) Heavy metal.
(b) Hard rock.
5. What word means to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabe hand to Diana in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. What is Henry worried about regarding Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. In Act 2, Scene 11, Diana meets Natalie, telling her that she's going to take Natalie where?
5. In Act 2, Scene 9, Natalie tells Henry she can't go to the dance because she has to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
2. What songs are sung by the ensemble in Act 2, Scene 9? What are the songs about?
3. What object does Gabe give Diana in Act 2, Scene 8? What song is sung?
4. What song does Gabe sing in Act 2, Scene 5? What metaphor is used in the song?
5. What reprise is sung by Diana in Act 2, Scene 7? What conversation takes place between Diana and Dr. Madden in this scene?
6. Who arrives after Dan leaves in Act 2, Scene 5? What interaction takes place with Diana?
7. What does Dan attempt to show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What makes Natalie almost leave?
8. What interaction takes place between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
9. What does Diana reveal to Natalie in their brief scene in Act 2, Scene 11?
10. What does Natalie confess in the song "Next to Normal" in Act 2, Scene 11?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)