|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan take from Diana and break in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A vase.
(b) The music box.
(c) A toy.
(d) A watch.
2. What haunting ballad does Diana sing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "So Anyway".
(b) "He's Not Here".
(c) "Song of Forgetting".
(d) "You Don't Know".
3. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A job.
(b) A husband.
(c) A son.
(d) A car.
4. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
5. Where are Natalie and Henry when they first appear in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A police station.
(b) Outside a dance club.
(c) A boat show.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 11, Diana meets Natalie, telling her that she's going to take Natalie where?
2. As Diana goes out in Act 2, Scene 9, Henry says he'll wait for Natalie where?
3. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
4. What reprise is sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 12?
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe sings of the hole left in Diana's mind by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Madden relate about Diana's memory loss in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What reaction does Diana have to returning home in Act 2, Scene 2? What song is sung?
3. What is revealed in the conversation between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12?
4. What is symbolized in the song "Next to Normal" in the musical?
5. Where are Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1? Why is Natalie distraught?
6. Who arrives after Dan leaves in Act 2, Scene 5? What interaction takes place with Diana?
7. What do Henry and Natalie witness between Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
8. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
9. What questions does Diana bombard Dan with in Act 2, Scene 8? What is his response?
10. Why is Henry worried about Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3? Where does he ask her to go?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)