|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc., or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
(c) Fact checking.
2. What song is sung by Diana and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "Why Stay".
(c) "Perfect for You".
(d) "Who's Crazy".
3. What object appears along with Gabe in the ending of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The music box.
(b) A watch.
(c) A photo album.
(d) The toaster.
4. What song does Diana sing to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) "The Break".
(c) "You Don't Know".
(d) "I'm Alive".
5. What refers to a comparatively non-aggressive, melodic style of rock music in which the arrangement and lyrics are emphasized more than the beat?
(a) Death metal.
(c) Soft rock.
(d) Punk rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does Diana refer to her doctor in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What word means to make (oneself or another) no longer opposed; cause to acquiesce in something unpleasant?
3. What does Henry claim could potentially happen, which would be perfect, in Act 2, Scene 12?
4. What refers to a bouncy, fast pace in music?
5. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana insists there should be no limit on the amount of time she can be allowed to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ironic comment does Natalie make about her mother's treatment in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Dr. Madden relate about Diana's memory loss in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What does Dan attempt to show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What makes Natalie almost leave?
4. What reaction does Diana have to returning home in Act 2, Scene 2? What song is sung?
5. How do the scenes flow between Act 2 Scenes 7 and 8? What does this represent symbolically?
6. What reprise is sung by Diana in Act 2, Scene 7? What conversation takes place between Diana and Dr. Madden in this scene?
7. What is symbolized in the song "Next to Normal" in the musical?
8. What songs are sung by the ensemble in Act 2, Scene 9? What are the songs about?
9. What question does Diana pose to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10? What is Madden's reply?
10. What does Natalie confess in the song "Next to Normal" in Act 2, Scene 11?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)