|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A husband.
(b) A job.
(c) A son.
(d) A car.
2. By what name does Diana refer to her doctor in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Mitchell.
(b) Dr. Ford.
(c) Dr. Cooper.
(d) Dr. Smith.
3. What reprise does Dr. Madden sing to Diana in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) "Make Up Your Mind".
(b) "Perfect for You".
(c) "Better Than Before".
(d) "Hey #3".
4. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
(a) "Seconds and Years".
(b) "Wish I Were Here".
(c) "I Am the One".
(d) "Catch Me I'm Falling".
5. In Act 2, Scene 11, Natalie sings that normal is too far away, but that she'd settle for something what?
(a) "I Am the One".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "Next to Normal".
(d) "I Miss the Mountains".
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is sung by Diana and Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. What song is sung by Henry and Dan in Act 2, Scene 9?
3. What song is sung by Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What theatrical term refers to the shutting off of stage lights?
5. Dan reassures both Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 2 that memories don't what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions does Diana bombard Dan with in Act 2, Scene 8? What is his response?
2. What is the conclusion of Diana's and Dr. Madden's disagreement in Act 2, Scene 10?
3. What interaction takes place between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What question does Diana pose to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10? What is Madden's reply?
5. Why is Henry worried about Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3? Where does he ask her to go?
6. What is symbolized in the song "Next to Normal" in the musical?
7. What does Natalie confess in the song "Next to Normal" in Act 2, Scene 11?
8. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
9. What songs are sung by the ensemble in Act 2, Scene 9? What are the songs about?
10. Where are Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1? Why is Natalie distraught?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)