|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The song sung by Dr. Madden and Diana in Act 2, Scene 7 is a reprise of what earlier song?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(c) "Hey #3".
(d) "It's Gonna Be Good".
2. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A job.
(b) A car.
(c) A son.
(d) A husband.
3. What song in Act 2, Scene 1 is sung by Diana and Natalie?
(a) "Seconds and Years".
(b) "Everything Else".
(c) "Superboy and the Invisible Girl".
(d) "Wish I Were Here".
4. What does Gabe hand to Diana in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A book.
(b) A newspaper clipping.
(c) The music box.
(d) A photograph.
5. Who pursues Dan in exiting Act 2, Scene 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What refers to a ballroom dance in triple time in which couples spin around as they progress around the room?
3. What refers to a bouncy, fast pace in music?
4. Where are Natalie and Henry when they first appear in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. In Act 2, Scene 6, an argument almost erupts between Henry and Natalie, but Henry defuses it by saying he'll come by when to take her to the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conclusion of Diana's and Dr. Madden's disagreement in Act 2, Scene 10?
2. What is symbolized in the song "Next to Normal" in the musical?
3. What question does Diana pose to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10? What is Madden's reply?
4. What song is sung together by Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 1? What does it reveal?
5. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
6. How do the scenes flow between Act 2 Scenes 7 and 8? What does this represent symbolically?
7. What song does Gabe sing in Act 2, Scene 5? What metaphor is used in the song?
8. What does Natalie confess in the song "Next to Normal" in Act 2, Scene 11?
9. What ironic comment does Natalie make about her mother's treatment in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What questions does Diana bombard Dan with in Act 2, Scene 8? What is his response?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)