|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabe hand to Diana in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A newspaper clipping.
(b) The music box.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A book.
2. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana musically asks Dr. Madden what urgent driving question?
(a) How will the new drugs affect her memory?
(b) What happened to Dr. Smith?
(c) How long will the therapy last?
(d) What happens when a treatment reveals a wound different from the one that had originally been treated?
3. In Act 2, Scene 11, Natalie sings that normal is too far away, but that she'd settle for something what?
(a) "I Am the One".
(b) "I Miss the Mountains".
(c) "Next to Normal".
(d) "You Don't Know".
4. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) A few months old.
5. In Act 2, Scene 11, Diana meets Natalie, telling her that she's going to take Natalie where?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To the park.
(c) To the dance.
(d) To the dentist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry claim could potentially happen, which would be perfect, in Act 2, Scene 12?
2. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
3. What refers to a conductor through which a current enters or leaves a nonmetallic medium, as an electrolytic cell, arc generator, vacuum tube, or gaseous discharge tube?
4. What reprise does Dr. Madden sing to Diana in Act 2, Scene 10?
5. What is defined as existing, occurring, or operating at the same time; concurrent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Henry and Natalie witness between Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What is revealed in the conversation between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12?
3. What object does Gabe give Diana in Act 2, Scene 8? What song is sung?
4. What ironic comment does Natalie make about her mother's treatment in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What song does Gabe sing in Act 2, Scene 5? What metaphor is used in the song?
6. What song is sung together by Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 1? What does it reveal?
7. What does Diana reveal to Natalie in their brief scene in Act 2, Scene 11?
8. What does Natalie confess in the song "Next to Normal" in Act 2, Scene 11?
9. What reaction does Diana have to returning home in Act 2, Scene 2? What song is sung?
10. Why is Henry worried about Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3? Where does he ask her to go?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)