|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means to make (oneself or another) no longer opposed; cause to acquiesce in something unpleasant?
2. What song does Diana sing to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "I'm Alive".
(d) "The Break".
3. What happens to Natalie as Diana's body is taken into the treatment room in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She collapses.
(b) She has a siezure.
(c) She starts bleeding.
(d) She starts to cry.
4. When Henry says he'll be there for Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12, she protests, with increasing anger, that she might turn out to what?
(a) Ruin his life.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Betray him.
(d) Be a failure.
5. What reprise is sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 12?
(a) "There's a World".
(b) "Hey #3/Perfect for You".
(c) "I'm Alive".
(d) "Song of Forgetting".
Short Answer Questions
1. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What color dress does Natalie wear to the dance in Act 2, Scene 12?
3. In his song solo in Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe compares electroshock therapy to what?
4. What song is sung by Diana and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 9?
5. Where are Natalie and Henry when they first appear in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions does Diana bombard Dan with in Act 2, Scene 8? What is his response?
2. What interaction takes place between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What question does Diana pose to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10? What is Madden's reply?
4. How do the scenes flow between Act 2 Scenes 7 and 8? What does this represent symbolically?
5. What does Diana reveal to Natalie in their brief scene in Act 2, Scene 11?
6. What does Natalie confess in the song "Next to Normal" in Act 2, Scene 11?
7. What is symbolized in the song "Next to Normal" in the musical?
8. Why is Henry worried about Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3? Where does he ask her to go?
9. What is the conclusion of Diana's and Dr. Madden's disagreement in Act 2, Scene 10?
10. What song does Gabe sing in Act 2, Scene 5? What metaphor is used in the song?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)