|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natalie confesses in Act 2, Scene 11 that she once wished what?
(a) Diana would die.
(b) Dan could leave Diana.
(c) She could leave Henry.
(d) Dan would die.
2. What refers to a conductor through which a current enters or leaves a nonmetallic medium, as an electrolytic cell, arc generator, vacuum tube, or gaseous discharge tube?
3. Who does Dr. Madden reference, stopping the conversation cold between him and Diana in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. When Henry says he'll be there for Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12, she protests, with increasing anger, that she might turn out to what?
(a) Ruin his life.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Betray him.
(d) Be a failure.
5. What is Henry worried about regarding Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Her drug use.
(b) Her sex drive.
(c) Her eating habits.
(d) Her mental condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What haunting ballad does Diana sing in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana musically asks Dr. Madden what urgent driving question?
3. In Act 2, Scene 11, Diana meets Natalie, telling her that she's going to take Natalie where?
4. What refers to an instruction written into the script of a play, indicating stage actions, movements of performers, or production requirements?
5. What does Gabe hand to Diana in Act 2, Scene 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives after Dan leaves in Act 2, Scene 5? What interaction takes place with Diana?
2. Why is Henry worried about Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3? Where does he ask her to go?
3. What songs are sung by the ensemble in Act 2, Scene 9? What are the songs about?
4. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
5. What does Natalie confess in the song "Next to Normal" in Act 2, Scene 11?
6. What do Henry and Natalie witness between Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
7. What song does Gabe sing in Act 2, Scene 5? What metaphor is used in the song?
8. What reaction does Diana have to returning home in Act 2, Scene 2? What song is sung?
9. What is revealed about the character of Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What questions does Diana bombard Dan with in Act 2, Scene 8? What is his response?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)