Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to instructions written into the script of a play, indicating stage actions, movements of performers, or production requirements?
(b) Dance numbers.
(d) Stage directions.
2. What is the name of the protagonist's son who died in the musical?
3. What word means to compose and perform or deliver without previous preparation; extemporize?
4. What is the name of the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
5. What was the name of the previous musical to win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama before Next to Normal?
(b) Dinner with Friends.
(c) Anna in the Tropics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Diana's doctor say Gabe would have been in Act 1, Scene 8?
2. Who vents her anger at being the child always disregarded in favor of her parents' concern about her brother in Act 1, Scene 7?
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, Dan sings at work that things have been good at home for what period of time?
4. Who appears to ask Dan why he didn't take her to the hospital in Act 1, Scene 11?
5. Who played the character of Natalie in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dan attempt to show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What makes Natalie almost leave?
2. What does Dr. Madden relate about Diana's memory loss in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What is symbolized in Gabe's comment "I own you," in Act 1, Scene 8? What is revealed in this scene regarding his character?
4. What does Natalie show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4? What effect does it have?
5. What is symbolized in the song "Next to Normal" in the musical?
6. What is the subject and style of the song "Superboy and the Invisible Girl"? Who sings it?
7. What is the conclusion of Diana's and Dr. Madden's disagreement in Act 2, Scene 10?
8. What does Dr. Madden suggest to Diana in Act 1, Scene 10? Where does she go after she leaves his office?
9. Why is Henry worried about Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3? Where does he ask her to go?
10. What ironic comment does Natalie make about her mother's treatment in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)