|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who played the character of Natalie in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Emma Hunton.
(b) Alice Ripley.
(c) Rebecca Hodges.
(d) Jennifer Damiano.
2. Who played the character of Henry in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Adam Chanler-Berat.
(b) J. Robert Spencer.
(c) Preston K. Sadleir.
(d) Aaron Tveit.
3. What new doctor does Diana see in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Dr. Madden.
(b) Dr. Ross.
(c) Dr. Fine.
(d) Dr. Kroeger.
4. Dan reminds Diana that Gabe has been dead for how long in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. Who played the character of Gabe in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Asa Somers.
(b) Aaron Tveit.
(c) J. Robert Spencer.
(d) Louis Hobson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
2. What form of treatment does Diana's doctor begin in the ending of Act 1, Scene 8?
3. Who invites Henry to dinner in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What is Diana's last name in Next to Normal?
5. Who wrote the music for Next to Normal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed in the conversation between Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12?
2. Where are Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 1? Why is Natalie distraught?
3. What does Gabe sing with Natalie about in Act 1, Scene 7?
4. What is sung about and by whom in the songs "Who's Crazy" / "My Psychopharmacologist and I"?
5. What songs are sung by the doctor and Gabe in Act 1, Scene 9? What do they describe?
6. Who arrives after Dan leaves in Act 2, Scene 5? What interaction takes place with Diana?
7. What is revealed about the character of Gabe in Act 1, Scenes 4 and 5?
8. What music opens Act 1, Scene 2? What does Natalie sing about in this song?
9. How is the music used in expressing the inner thoughts of the characters in Act 1?
10. How is Gabe different as a character from the others in Act 1, Scenes 1-3?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)