|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gabe wearing when he appears in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) A dress.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) A green robe.
(d) Swim trunks.
2. What word refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
3. What doctor does Diana go to see in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Dr. Fine.
(b) Dr. Shwartz.
(c) Dr. Anderson.
(d) Dr. Thomas.
4. In Act 1, Scene 5, Dan sings at work that things have been good at home for what period of time?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. Who appears and sings along with Dan using no words in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) Dr. Fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diana reveals what to Dan in Act 1, Scene 6?
2. What is the name of the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
3. What song does Diana, Natalie and Gabe sing in Act 1, Scene 7?
4. Who vents her anger at being the child always disregarded in favor of her parents' concern about her brother in Act 1, Scene 7?
5. What hard-driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Diana reveal to Dan in Act 1, Scene 6? What song does she sing in this scene?
2. How is Gabe different as a character from the others in Act 1, Scenes 1-3?
3. What music opens Act 1, Scene 2? What does Natalie sing about in this song?
4. What does Dan sing about in the song "It's Gonna Be Good"? Where is he?
5. What is revealed about the character of Gabe in Act 1, Scenes 4 and 5?
6. What does the song "I'm Alive" relate to in Act 1, Scene 8?
7. What is sung about and by whom in the songs "Who's Crazy" / "My Psychopharmacologist and I"?
8. What new doctor does Diana see in Act 1, Scene 8? What is revealed about her medical history?
9. What are Henry and Natalie doing in Act 1, Scene 4? Who watches them?
10. What structurally takes place in Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11? What film is references in these scenes?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)