|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Diana is unable to remember Natalie in a photo, Natalie attempts to do what in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Kill herself.
(c) Slap her mother.
(d) Call Henry.
2. The song sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 6 is a reprise of what song?
(a) "I Am the One".
(b) "Perfect for You".
(c) "Hey #1".
(d) "Hey #2".
3. In Act 2, Scene 6, an argument almost erupts between Henry and Natalie, but Henry defuses it by saying he'll come by when to take her to the dance?
(a) On Wednesday morning.
(b) The next weekend.
(c) The following night.
(d) The fifth of the month.
4. What quickly paced, urgent number is sung by Gabe in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Wish I Were Here".
(b) "The Break".
(c) "I've Been".
5. As Diana goes out in Act 2, Scene 9, Henry says he'll wait for Natalie where?
(a) At a gas station.
(b) At the dance.
(c) On the football field.
(d) At the library.
6. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc., or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
(d) Fact checking.
7. What overlapping ballad is sung by Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) "Maybe / Next to Normal".
(c) "You Don't Know".
(d) "Just Another Day".
8. What word means to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner?
9. What does Henry want to take Natalie to in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The circus.
(c) A dance.
(d) A movie.
10. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
(a) "Seconds and Years".
(b) "Wish I Were Here".
(c) "I Am the One".
(d) "Catch Me I'm Falling".
11. When Henry says he'll be there for Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12, she protests, with increasing anger, that she might turn out to what?
(a) Ruin his life.
(b) Be a failure.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Betray him.
12. Diana sings that she believes her real problem is not in her mind but in what, in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Her lungs.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her heart.
13. How long is Diana's treatment set to last in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
14. What song do Natalie and Henry sing in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(b) "Hey #3".
(c) "Hey #1".
(d) "Why Stay".
15. What word means to make (oneself or another) no longer opposed; cause to acquiesce in something unpleasant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Diana run out to search for in Act 2, Scene 9?
2. What refers to an instruction written into the script of a play, indicating stage actions, movements of performers, or production requirements?
3. What song is sung by Doctor Madden, Dan, Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What color dress does Natalie wear to the dance in Act 2, Scene 12?
5. What song does Diana sing to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)