|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 11, Natalie sings that normal is too far away, but that she'd settle for something what?
(a) "I Miss the Mountains".
(b) "Next to Normal".
(c) "You Don't Know".
(d) "I Am the One".
2. Who does Diana run out to search for in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Dr. Fine.
3. What song is sung by Diana and Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) "Everything Else".
(b) "I Don't Know".
(c) "Song of Forgetting".
(d) "Perfect for You".
4. What song do Natalie and Henry sing in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "Hey #1".
(b) "Why Stay".
(c) "Hey #3".
(d) "How Could I Ever Forget".
5. By what name does Diana refer to her doctor in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Mitchell.
(b) Dr. Cooper.
(c) Dr. Ford.
(d) Dr. Smith.
6. What object appears along with Gabe in the ending of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The music box.
(b) A photo album.
(c) The toaster.
(d) A watch.
7. As Diana goes out in Act 2, Scene 9, Henry says he'll wait for Natalie where?
(a) On the football field.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the dance.
(d) At a gas station.
8. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana insists there should be no limit on the amount of time she can be allowed to do what?
(a) Watch television.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Sit in silence.
(d) Grieve for her child.
9. What in musical theater refers to a musical number in which music, ideas and even some text are sung again some time after being sung the first time?
10. Who arrives after Dan goes upstairs to bed in Act 2, Scene 5?
(d) Dr. Fine.
11. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) A few months old.
(d) 7 years old.
12. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana musically asks Dr. Madden what urgent driving question?
(a) How will the new drugs affect her memory?
(b) What happened to Dr. Smith?
(c) What happens when a treatment reveals a wound different from the one that had originally been treated?
(d) How long will the therapy last?
13. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
(a) "Catch Me I'm Falling".
(b) "Seconds and Years".
(c) "Wish I Were Here".
(d) "I Am the One".
14. What theatrical term refers to the shutting off of stage lights?
15. What refers to a bouncy, fast pace in music?
Short Answer Questions
1. What quickly paced, urgent number is sung by Gabe in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What song is sung by Gabe in reprise in Act 2, Scene 9?
3. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
4. What refers to a comparatively non-aggressive, melodic style of rock music in which the arrangement and lyrics are emphasized more than the beat?
5. In Act 2, Scene 11, Diana meets Natalie, telling her that she's going to take Natalie where?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)