|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
(a) "Wish I Were Here".
(b) "Catch Me I'm Falling".
(c) "I Am the One".
(d) "Seconds and Years".
2. Natalie confesses in Act 2, Scene 11 that she once wished what?
(a) Dan could leave Diana.
(b) Dan would die.
(c) She could leave Henry.
(d) Diana would die.
3. In Act 2, Scene 6, an argument almost erupts between Henry and Natalie, but Henry defuses it by saying he'll come by when to take her to the dance?
(a) The fifth of the month.
(b) On Wednesday morning.
(c) The next weekend.
(d) The following night.
4. What song does Dr. Madden sing, along with Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) "Song of Forgetting".
(c) "Seconds and Years".
(d) "I Am the One".
5. What word means to make (oneself or another) no longer opposed; cause to acquiesce in something unpleasant?
6. The song sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 6 is a reprise of what song?
(a) "I Am the One".
(b) "Hey #2".
(c) "Perfect for You".
(d) "Hey #1".
7. What refers to the original form of rock music, basically dependent on a consistently loud and strong beat?
(b) Heavy metal.
(d) Hard rock.
8. What does Henry claim could potentially happen, which would be perfect, in Act 2, Scene 12?
(a) Natalie could become famous.
(b) The could become extremely wealthy.
(c) They could have children.
(d) They could both go crazy.
9. What does Henry want to take Natalie to in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The circus.
(b) A movie.
(c) A dance.
10. What word means to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner?
11. What song is sung by Henry and Dan in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "A Promise".
(b) "He's Not Here".
(c) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(d) "So Anyway".
12. By what name does Diana refer to her doctor in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Cooper.
(b) Dr. Ford.
(c) Dr. Smith.
(d) Dr. Mitchell.
13. In Act 2, Scene 2, Natalie comments ironically on how good the treatment is - her mother's mind is "so pure / that she doesn't _____."
(c) "Know anything."
(d) "Have fear."
14. What is defined as a musical composition for two voices or instruments?
15. What song is sung by Diana and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "Why Stay".
(c) "Who's Crazy".
(d) "Perfect for You".
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a bouncy, fast pace in music?
2. What objects does Dan show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4 which she does not remember?
3. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
4. As Diana goes out in Act 2, Scene 9, Henry says he'll wait for Natalie where?
5. What reprise does Dr. Madden sing to Diana in Act 2, Scene 10?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)