|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is sung by Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) "Hey #2".
(b) "I Am the One".
(c) "Perfect for You".
(d) "Hey #1".
2. What word means to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner?
3. What in musical theater refers to a musical number in which music, ideas and even some text are sung again some time after being sung the first time?
4. What refers to a conductor through which a current enters or leaves a nonmetallic medium, as an electrolytic cell, arc generator, vacuum tube, or gaseous discharge tube?
5. What refers to a comparatively non-aggressive, melodic style of rock music in which the arrangement and lyrics are emphasized more than the beat?
(a) Death metal.
(b) Punk rock.
(d) Soft rock.
6. What quickly paced, urgent number is sung by Gabe in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "The Break".
(b) "Wish I Were Here".
(c) "I've Been".
7. What objects does Dan show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4 which she does not remember?
(a) Her teddy bear.
(b) Her birth certificate.
(c) Their wedding rings.
(d) Gabe's obituary.
8. What does Dan take from Diana and break in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A vase.
(b) A toy.
(c) The music box.
(d) A watch.
9. Who arrives after Dan goes upstairs to bed in Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) Dr. Fine.
10. What refers to a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
11. What refers to the original form of rock music, basically dependent on a consistently loud and strong beat?
(a) Heavy metal.
(b) Hard rock.
12. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
(a) "I Am the One".
(b) "Wish I Were Here".
(c) "Seconds and Years".
(d) "Catch Me I'm Falling".
13. What overlapping ballad is sung by Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) "Just Another Day".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(d) "Maybe / Next to Normal".
14. Natalie claims in Act 2, Scene 1 that she deserves to party because her mother is being what?
15. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object appears along with Gabe in the ending of Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What does Gabe hand to Diana in Act 2, Scene 8?
3. What is Henry worried about regarding Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. In Act 2, Scene 6, an argument almost erupts between Henry and Natalie, but Henry defuses it by saying he'll come by when to take her to the dance?
5. Who pursues Dan in exiting Act 2, Scene 9?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)