|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
2. What does Dan take from Diana and break in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A toy.
(b) The music box.
(c) A vase.
(d) A watch.
3. In Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe sings of the hole left in Diana's mind by what?
(a) His desire to climb the mountain.
(b) His having been erased from her memory.
(c) His love for Dan.
(d) His need to be an engineer.
4. In Act 2, Scene 11, Natalie sings that normal is too far away, but that she'd settle for something what?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "I Miss the Mountains".
(c) "Next to Normal".
(d) "I Am the One".
5. What refers to a division of a play or of an act of a play, usually representing what passes between certain of the actors in one place?
6. What objects does Dan show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4 which she does not remember?
(a) Their wedding rings.
(b) Her birth certificate.
(c) Gabe's obituary.
(d) Her teddy bear.
7. Who runs off to pursue Diana in Act 2, Scene 9?
8. What theatrical term refers to the shutting off of stage lights?
9. What refers to the original form of rock music, basically dependent on a consistently loud and strong beat?
(a) Hard rock.
(d) Heavy metal.
10. Dan reassures both Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 2 that memories don't what?
11. What song is sung by Diana and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "Perfect for You".
(b) "Why Stay".
(c) "You Don't Know".
(d) "Who's Crazy".
12. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A husband.
(b) A job.
(c) A car.
(d) A son.
13. What is Henry worried about regarding Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Her eating habits.
(b) Her sex drive.
(c) Her mental condition.
(d) Her drug use.
14. In his song solo in Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe compares electroshock therapy to what?
(a) The electric chair.
(b) Sticking a fork in the wall outlet.
(c) Licking a car battery.
(d) Getting stung by bees.
15. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "Make Up Your Mind".
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner?
2. What song is sung by Doctor Madden, Dan, Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What reprise does Dr. Madden sing to Diana in Act 2, Scene 10?
4. In Act 2, Scene 9, Natalie tells Henry she can't go to the dance because she has to do what?
5. What object appears along with Gabe in the ending of Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)