|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Natalie and Henry when they first appear in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Outside a dance club.
(b) A boat show.
(c) A police station.
(d) The library.
2. What song is sung by Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) "Perfect for You".
(b) "Hey #2".
(c) "Hey #1".
(d) "I Am the One".
3. Diana sings that she believes her real problem is not in her mind but in what, in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her lungs.
4. What haunting ballad does Diana sing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Song of Forgetting".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "So Anyway".
(d) "He's Not Here".
5. The song sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 6 is a reprise of what song?
(a) "I Am the One".
(b) "Perfect for You".
(c) "Hey #1".
(d) "Hey #2".
6. What refers to a bouncy, fast pace in music?
7. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
8. What quickly paced, urgent number is sung by Gabe in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "The Break".
(b) "I've Been".
(c) "Wish I Were Here".
9. What is defined as a musical composition for two voices or instruments?
10. In Act 2, Scene 11, Diana meets Natalie, telling her that she's going to take Natalie where?
(a) To the dance.
(b) To the park.
(c) To the dentist.
(d) To the movies.
11. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) A few months old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
12. What refers to a comparatively non-aggressive, melodic style of rock music in which the arrangement and lyrics are emphasized more than the beat?
(a) Punk rock.
(b) Death metal.
(d) Soft rock.
13. What song is sung by Doctor Madden, Dan, Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(b) "Better than Before".
(c) "You Don't Know".
(d) "I Miss the Mountains".
14. What object appears along with Gabe in the ending of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A watch.
(b) A photo album.
(c) The toaster.
(d) The music box.
15. Who does Diana run out to search for in Act 2, Scene 9?
(c) Dr. Fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc., or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
2. What does Diana reveal Gabe died from in Act 2, Scene 11?
3. What word means to make (oneself or another) no longer opposed; cause to acquiesce in something unpleasant?
4. What overlapping ballad is sung by Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 11?
5. What does Dan take from Diana and break in Act 2, Scene 8?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)