|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry claim could potentially happen, which would be perfect, in Act 2, Scene 12?
(a) They could have children.
(b) The could become extremely wealthy.
(c) Natalie could become famous.
(d) They could both go crazy.
2. What word means to make (oneself or another) no longer opposed; cause to acquiesce in something unpleasant?
3. Where are Natalie and Henry when they first appear in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A boat show.
(b) Outside a dance club.
(c) The library.
(d) A police station.
4. What song is sung by Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) "Perfect for You".
(b) "I Am the One".
(c) "Hey #2".
(d) "Hey #1".
5. What song does Dr. Madden sing, along with Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) "Seconds and Years".
(c) "Song of Forgetting".
(d) "I Am the One".
6. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A car.
(b) A husband.
(c) A job.
(d) A son.
7. What refers to a ballroom dance in triple time in which couples spin around as they progress around the room?
8. In Act 2, Scene 9, Natalie tells Henry she can't go to the dance because she has to do what?
(a) Write a paper.
(b) Take her mom to the hospital.
(c) Watch the neighbors kids.
(d) Drive to another state.
9. In Act 2, Scene 2, Natalie comments ironically on how good the treatment is - her mother's mind is "so pure / that she doesn't _____."
(b) "Know anything."
(c) "Have fear."
10. What object appears along with Gabe in the ending of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The music box.
(b) A watch.
(c) The toaster.
(d) A photo album.
11. In Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe sings of the hole left in Diana's mind by what?
(a) His desire to climb the mountain.
(b) His need to be an engineer.
(c) His having been erased from her memory.
(d) His love for Dan.
12. In his song solo in Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe compares electroshock therapy to what?
(a) Getting stung by bees.
(b) Licking a car battery.
(c) The electric chair.
(d) Sticking a fork in the wall outlet.
13. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana insists there should be no limit on the amount of time she can be allowed to do what?
(a) Be happy.
(b) Watch television.
(c) Sit in silence.
(d) Grieve for her child.
14. Who runs off to pursue Diana in Act 2, Scene 9?
15. Natalie claims in Act 2, Scene 1 that she deserves to party because her mother is being what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner?
2. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
3. When Diana is unable to remember Natalie in a photo, Natalie attempts to do what in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc., or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
5. What does Henry want to take Natalie to in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)