|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) A few months old.
2. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A son.
(b) A husband.
(c) A car.
(d) A job.
3. What song is sung by Doctor Madden, Dan, Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "Better than Before".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(d) "I Miss the Mountains".
4. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana insists there should be no limit on the amount of time she can be allowed to do what?
(a) Grieve for her child.
(b) Watch television.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Sit in silence.
5. Diana sings that she believes her real problem is not in her mind but in what, in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her lungs.
(d) Her heart.
6. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
7. What refers to a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
8. Who pursues Dan in exiting Act 2, Scene 9?
9. What is defined as existing, occurring, or operating at the same time; concurrent?
10. What haunting ballad does Diana sing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "So Anyway".
(b) "Song of Forgetting".
(c) "You Don't Know".
(d) "He's Not Here".
11. Who does Diana run out to search for in Act 2, Scene 9?
(d) Dr. Fine.
12. As Diana goes out in Act 2, Scene 9, Henry says he'll wait for Natalie where?
(a) At the dance.
(b) At the library.
(c) At a gas station.
(d) On the football field.
13. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
(a) "Catch Me I'm Falling".
(b) "Wish I Were Here".
(c) "Seconds and Years".
(d) "I Am the One".
14. What song is sung by Gabe in reprise in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "Perfect for You".
(b) "I'm Alive".
(c) "Song of Forgetting".
(d) "The Break".
15. The song sung by Dr. Madden and Diana in Act 2, Scene 7 is a reprise of what earlier song?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(c) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(d) "Hey #3".
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is sung by Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. In his song solo in Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe compares electroshock therapy to what?
3. In Act 2, Scene 6, an argument almost erupts between Henry and Natalie, but Henry defuses it by saying he'll come by when to take her to the dance?
4. What reprise is sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 12?
5. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)