|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe sings of the hole left in Diana's mind by what?
(a) His desire to climb the mountain.
(b) His having been erased from her memory.
(c) His need to be an engineer.
(d) His love for Dan.
2. What song do Natalie and Henry sing in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "Why Stay".
(b) "Hey #3".
(c) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(d) "Hey #1".
3. What reprise does Dr. Madden sing to Diana in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) "Make Up Your Mind".
(b) "Perfect for You".
(c) "Hey #3".
(d) "Better Than Before".
4. Who does Diana run out to search for in Act 2, Scene 9?
(d) Dr. Fine.
5. What song is sung by Gabe in reprise in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "Perfect for You".
(b) "I'm Alive".
(c) "Song of Forgetting".
(d) "The Break".
6. What objects does Dan show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4 which she does not remember?
(a) Her teddy bear.
(b) Gabe's obituary.
(c) Their wedding rings.
(d) Her birth certificate.
7. What does Henry want to take Natalie to in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A movie.
(b) A dance.
(c) The circus.
8. What haunting ballad does Diana sing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Song of Forgetting".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "So Anyway".
(d) "He's Not Here".
9. What does Henry claim could potentially happen, which would be perfect, in Act 2, Scene 12?
(a) They could have children.
(b) The could become extremely wealthy.
(c) Natalie could become famous.
(d) They could both go crazy.
10. In Act 2, Scene 11, Diana meets Natalie, telling her that she's going to take Natalie where?
(a) To the dentist.
(b) To the park.
(c) To the dance.
(d) To the movies.
11. In Act 2, Scene 3, it has been how long since Natalie and Henry have talked?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Several months.
(d) A year.
12. What song is sung by Doctor Madden, Dan, Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(b) "Better than Before".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "You Don't Know".
13. What in musical theater refers to a musical number in which music, ideas and even some text are sung again some time after being sung the first time?
14. How long is Diana's treatment set to last in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 2 weeks.
15. In Act 2, Scene 9, Natalie tells Henry she can't go to the dance because she has to do what?
(a) Drive to another state.
(b) Write a paper.
(c) Take her mom to the hospital.
(d) Watch the neighbors kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Natalie as Diana's body is taken into the treatment room in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
3. What refers to a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
4. What song is sung by Diana and Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. By what name does Diana refer to her doctor in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)