|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his song solo in Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe compares electroshock therapy to what?
(a) Getting stung by bees.
(b) The electric chair.
(c) Sticking a fork in the wall outlet.
(d) Licking a car battery.
2. What is defined as a musical composition for two voices or instruments?
3. What does Henry claim could potentially happen, which would be perfect, in Act 2, Scene 12?
(a) The could become extremely wealthy.
(b) They could have children.
(c) They could both go crazy.
(d) Natalie could become famous.
4. What refers to a ballroom dance in triple time in which couples spin around as they progress around the room?
5. What overlapping ballad is sung by Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 11?
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "Maybe / Next to Normal".
(d) "Just Another Day".
6. In Act 2, Scene 9, Natalie tells Henry she can't go to the dance because she has to do what?
(a) Drive to another state.
(b) Watch the neighbors kids.
(c) Write a paper.
(d) Take her mom to the hospital.
7. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A car.
(b) A job.
(c) A son.
(d) A husband.
8. As Diana goes out in Act 2, Scene 9, Henry says he'll wait for Natalie where?
(a) At a gas station.
(b) On the football field.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the dance.
9. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) "Make Up Your Mind".
(b) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "You Don't Know".
10. What refers to the original form of rock music, basically dependent on a consistently loud and strong beat?
(a) Hard rock.
(c) Heavy metal.
11. The song sung by Dr. Madden and Diana in Act 2, Scene 7 is a reprise of what earlier song?
(a) "Hey #3".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(d) "I Dreamed a Dance".
12. What song is sung by Henry and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) "Hey #1".
(b) "Perfect for You".
(c) "Hey #2".
(d) "I Am the One".
13. What object appears along with Gabe in the ending of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A photo album.
(b) The music box.
(c) The toaster.
(d) A watch.
14. What happens to Natalie as Diana's body is taken into the treatment room in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She starts bleeding.
(c) She has a siezure.
(d) She collapses.
15. Diana sings that she believes her real problem is not in her mind but in what, in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her lungs.
(d) Her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Diana's treatment set to last in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc., or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
3. What song is sung by Diana and Natalie in Act 2, Scene 9?
4. What does Gabe hand to Diana in Act 2, Scene 8?
5. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana musically asks Dr. Madden what urgent driving question?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)