|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry want to take Natalie to in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) A dance.
(c) The circus.
(d) A movie.
2. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana musically asks Dr. Madden what urgent driving question?
(a) What happened to Dr. Smith?
(b) How will the new drugs affect her memory?
(c) How long will the therapy last?
(d) What happens when a treatment reveals a wound different from the one that had originally been treated?
3. What refers to a comparatively non-aggressive, melodic style of rock music in which the arrangement and lyrics are emphasized more than the beat?
(a) Death metal.
(b) Punk rock.
(d) Soft rock.
4. Who runs off to pursue Diana in Act 2, Scene 9?
5. What does Diana reveal Gabe died from in Act 2, Scene 11?
(a) An intestinal blockage.
(b) Being hit by a car.
(c) A cougar attack.
(d) Falling off a cliff.
6. When Henry says he'll be there for Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12, she protests, with increasing anger, that she might turn out to what?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Ruin his life.
(c) Betray him.
(d) Be a failure.
7. What song is sung by Henry and Dan in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(b) "A Promise".
(c) "He's Not Here".
(d) "So Anyway".
8. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) A few months old.
(d) 5 years old.
9. What reprise does Dr. Madden sing to Diana in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) "Better Than Before".
(b) "Perfect for You".
(c) "Make Up Your Mind".
(d) "Hey #3".
10. The song sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 6 is a reprise of what song?
(a) "Perfect for You".
(b) "Hey #2".
(c) "Hey #1".
(d) "I Am the One".
11. What refers to an instruction written into the script of a play, indicating stage actions, movements of performers, or production requirements?
(a) Stage directions.
(b) Physical script.
(c) Kinetic directions.
12. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
13. What in musical theater refers to a musical number in which music, ideas and even some text are sung again some time after being sung the first time?
14. What haunting ballad does Diana sing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Song of Forgetting".
(b) "So Anyway".
(c) "He's Not Here".
(d) "You Don't Know".
15. What song in Act 2, Scene 1 is sung by Diana and Natalie?
(a) "Everything Else".
(b) "Wish I Were Here".
(c) "Superboy and the Invisible Girl".
(d) "Seconds and Years".
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Diana's treatment set to last in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What refers to a division of a play or of an act of a play, usually representing what passes between certain of the actors in one place?
3. What refers to a conductor through which a current enters or leaves a nonmetallic medium, as an electrolytic cell, arc generator, vacuum tube, or gaseous discharge tube?
4. What overlapping ballad is sung by Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 11?
5. What word means to make (oneself or another) no longer opposed; cause to acquiesce in something unpleasant?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)