|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan take from Diana and break in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) The music box.
(b) A watch.
(c) A vase.
(d) A toy.
2. What refers to a ballroom dance in triple time in which couples spin around as they progress around the room?
3. What refers to a conductor through which a current enters or leaves a nonmetallic medium, as an electrolytic cell, arc generator, vacuum tube, or gaseous discharge tube?
4. What refers to a division of a play or of an act of a play, usually representing what passes between certain of the actors in one place?
5. By what name does Diana refer to her doctor in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Mitchell.
(b) Dr. Cooper.
(c) Dr. Smith.
(d) Dr. Ford.
6. In Act 2, Scene 3, it has been how long since Natalie and Henry have talked?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) Two days.
(d) Several months.
7. What song is sung by Diana and Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) "Song of Forgetting".
(b) "Everything Else".
(c) "I Don't Know".
(d) "Perfect for You".
8. In Act 2, Scene 2, Natalie comments ironically on how good the treatment is - her mother's mind is "so pure / that she doesn't _____."
(a) "Have fear."
(d) "Know anything."
9. What song is sung by Doctor Madden, Dan, Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "I Miss the Mountains".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(d) "Better than Before".
10. What song does Diana sing to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(c) "I'm Alive".
(d) "The Break".
11. When Henry says he'll be there for Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12, she protests, with increasing anger, that she might turn out to what?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Ruin his life.
(c) Be a failure.
(d) Betray him.
12. Natalie claims in Act 2, Scene 1 that she deserves to party because her mother is being what?
13. Who arrives after Dan goes upstairs to bed in Act 2, Scene 5?
(d) Dr. Fine.
14. What reprise does Dr. Madden sing to Diana in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) "Better Than Before".
(b) "Hey #3".
(c) "Perfect for You".
(d) "Make Up Your Mind".
15. In a reprise of what song in Act 2, Scene 10 do Diana and Gabe both resist the idea of more talk and electroshock therapy?
(a) "Wish I Were Here".
(b) "Catch Me I'm Falling".
(c) "Seconds and Years".
(d) "I Am the One".
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Diana's treatment set to last in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What refers to a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
3. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana insists there should be no limit on the amount of time she can be allowed to do what?
4. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. What song do Natalie and Henry sing in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)