|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in musical theater refers to a musical number in which music, ideas and even some text are sung again some time after being sung the first time?
2. What theatrical term refers to the shutting off of stage lights?
3. What object appears along with Gabe in the ending of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The toaster.
(b) A photo album.
(c) The music box.
(d) A watch.
4. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) A few months old.
5. Where are Natalie and Henry when they first appear in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A boat show.
(b) A police station.
(c) Outside a dance club.
(d) The library.
6. What is Henry worried about regarding Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Her eating habits.
(b) Her sex drive.
(c) Her drug use.
(d) Her mental condition.
7. What refers to a comparatively non-aggressive, melodic style of rock music in which the arrangement and lyrics are emphasized more than the beat?
(b) Punk rock.
(c) Soft rock.
(d) Death metal.
8. Dan reassures both Natalie and Diana in Act 2, Scene 2 that memories don't what?
9. Who does Dr. Madden reference, stopping the conversation cold between him and Diana in Act 2, Scene 7?
10. What song does Dr. Madden sing, along with Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "Song of Forgetting".
(c) "Seconds and Years".
(d) "I Am the One".
11. In Act 2, Scene 11, Diana meets Natalie, telling her that she's going to take Natalie where?
(a) To the park.
(b) To the dentist.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the dance.
12. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc., or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
(b) Fact checking.
13. By what name does Diana refer to her doctor in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Ford.
(b) Dr. Cooper.
(c) Dr. Mitchell.
(d) Dr. Smith.
14. What does Henry claim could potentially happen, which would be perfect, in Act 2, Scene 12?
(a) They could both go crazy.
(b) The could become extremely wealthy.
(c) Natalie could become famous.
(d) They could have children.
15. What refers to an instruction written into the script of a play, indicating stage actions, movements of performers, or production requirements?
(b) Physical script.
(c) Kinetic directions.
(d) Stage directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan take from Diana and break in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana insists there should be no limit on the amount of time she can be allowed to do what?
3. Who runs off to pursue Diana in Act 2, Scene 9?
4. What song does Diana sing to Dr. Madden in Act 2, Scene 10?
5. What happens to Natalie as Diana's body is taken into the treatment room in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)