|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is defined as a musical composition for two voices or instruments?
2. What does Gabe hand to Diana in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) The music box.
(b) A newspaper clipping.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A book.
3. Where are Natalie and Henry when they first appear in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A police station.
(b) Outside a dance club.
(c) A boat show.
(d) The library.
4. Who arrives after Dan goes upstairs to bed in Act 2, Scene 5?
(d) Dr. Fine.
5. What refers to a bouncy, fast pace in music?
6. In Act 2, Scene 11, Natalie sings that normal is too far away, but that she'd settle for something what?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "I Am the One".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "Next to Normal".
7. What song is sung by Gabe in reprise in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "The Break".
(b) "I'm Alive".
(c) "Perfect for You".
(d) "Song of Forgetting".
8. What does Henry claim could potentially happen, which would be perfect, in Act 2, Scene 12?
(a) They could both go crazy.
(b) The could become extremely wealthy.
(c) Natalie could become famous.
(d) They could have children.
9. What theatrical term refers to the shutting off of stage lights?
10. What does Dan take from Diana and break in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A toy.
(b) A vase.
(c) The music box.
(d) A watch.
11. The song sung by Dr. Madden and Diana in Act 2, Scene 7 is a reprise of what earlier song?
(a) "Hey #3".
(b) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(c) "You Don't Know".
(d) "It's Gonna Be Good".
12. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana musically asks Dr. Madden what urgent driving question?
(a) How will the new drugs affect her memory?
(b) How long will the therapy last?
(c) What happens when a treatment reveals a wound different from the one that had originally been treated?
(d) What happened to Dr. Smith?
13. When Diana is unable to remember Natalie in a photo, Natalie attempts to do what in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Call Henry.
(b) Kill herself.
(d) Slap her mother.
14. In Act 2, Scene 11, Diana meets Natalie, telling her that she's going to take Natalie where?
(a) To the dentist.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the park.
(d) To the dance.
15. What slow ballad is sung by Diana and Dan in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "Make Up Your Mind".
(c) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(d) "I Miss the Mountains".
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means to make (oneself or another) no longer opposed; cause to acquiesce in something unpleasant?
2. In Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe sings of the hole left in Diana's mind by what?
3. What refers to a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
4. What reprise is sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 12?
5. The song sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 6 is a reprise of what song?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)