|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Diana refer to her doctor in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Mitchell.
(b) Dr. Ford.
(c) Dr. Cooper.
(d) Dr. Smith.
2. What haunting ballad does Diana sing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "So Anyway".
(b) "He's Not Here".
(c) "Song of Forgetting".
(d) "You Don't Know".
3. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
4. What song is sung by Henry and Dan in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "A Promise".
(b) "So Anyway".
(c) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(d) "He's Not Here".
5. In Act 2, Scene 11, Natalie sings that normal is too far away, but that she'd settle for something what?
(a) "I Miss the Mountains".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "I Am the One".
(d) "Next to Normal".
6. What song is sung by Gabe in reprise in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "Perfect for You".
(b) "The Break".
(c) "I'm Alive".
(d) "Song of Forgetting".
7. What does Diana not remember having had in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A son.
(b) A car.
(c) A job.
(d) A husband.
8. Natalie confesses in Act 2, Scene 11 that she once wished what?
(a) Dan would die.
(b) She could leave Henry.
(c) Diana would die.
(d) Dan could leave Diana.
9. In his song solo in Act 2, Scene 5, Gabe compares electroshock therapy to what?
(a) Licking a car battery.
(b) Getting stung by bees.
(c) The electric chair.
(d) Sticking a fork in the wall outlet.
10. Where are Natalie and Henry when they first appear in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Outside a dance club.
(b) The library.
(c) A police station.
(d) A boat show.
11. When Henry says he'll be there for Natalie in Act 2, Scene 12, she protests, with increasing anger, that she might turn out to what?
(a) Betray him.
(b) Ruin his life.
(c) Be a failure.
(d) Kill him.
12. Who does Dr. Madden reference, stopping the conversation cold between him and Diana in Act 2, Scene 7?
13. What refers to a bouncy, fast pace in music?
14. How old was Gabe when Diana recalls having rushed him to the hospital in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A few months old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
15. What is Henry worried about regarding Natalie in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Her drug use.
(b) Her sex drive.
(c) Her eating habits.
(d) Her mental condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects does Dan show Diana in Act 2, Scene 4 which she does not remember?
2. Who runs off to pursue Diana in Act 2, Scene 9?
3. The song sung by Natalie and Henry in Act 2, Scene 6 is a reprise of what song?
4. As Diana goes out in Act 2, Scene 9, Henry says he'll wait for Natalie where?
5. What does Diana reveal Gabe died from in Act 2, Scene 11?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)