|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of music does Henry play in Act 1, Scene 3, as Natalie listens?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, music plays a classical sounding piano part with some light orchestral accompaniment in the style of what composer?
3. What does Diana enter with after dinner in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A birthday cake.
(b) A book.
(c) A birthday present.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
4. What song does Diana sing about her longing for feeling in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "I've Been".
(b) "I Miss the Mountains".
(c) "Everything Else".
(d) "The Break".
5. How many Tony Awards did Next to Normal win the year it was nominated for eleven awards?
6. What word means lying asleep or as if asleep; inactive, as in sleep; torpid?
7. In what year did Next to Normal win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
8. What is the name of the song in Act 1, Scene 1 in which the main characters each sing about their morning?
(a) "Who's Crazy".
(b) "Just Another Day".
(c) "Perfect for You".
(d) "Everything Else".
9. Who played the character of Natalie in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Emma Hunton.
(b) Rebecca Hodges.
(c) Jennifer Damiano.
(d) Alice Ripley.
10. What song does Henry sing to Natalie in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(b) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(c) "Perfect for You".
(d) "I Miss the Mountains".
11. Who wrote the music for Next to Normal?
(a) Edward Holmes.
(b) Tom Kitt.
(c) Matthew Johnson.
(d) John Robbins.
12. What tender ballad does Gabe sing in Act 1, Scene 10?
(b) "I Am the One".
(c) "I've Been".
(d) "There's a World".
13. What word refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
14. Who claims that he sits behind Natalie in several classes and knows her schedule in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Fine.
(d) Dr. Madden.
15. Who takes some of Diana's medication in Act 1, Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 7, Gabe appears and sings with Natalie about "the son of steel and the daughter of" what?
2. What is Diana's last name in Next to Normal?
3. What refers to a type of affective disorder characterized by euphoric mood, excessive activity and talkativeness, impaired judgment, and sometimes psychotic symptoms, as grandiose delusions?
4. Dan reminds Diana that Gabe has been dead for how long in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. In Act 1, Scene 5, Dan sings at work that things have been good at home for what period of time?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)