|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Dan sing accompanied with the Voices in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) "There's a World".
(b) "So Anyway".
(c) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(d) "Better Than Before".
2. What does Diana enter with after dinner in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A birthday present.
(b) A birthday cake.
(c) A book.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
3. Next to Normal closed on Broadway after how many regular performances?
4. What song does Diana sing about her longing for feeling in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "Everything Else".
(b) "I've Been".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "The Break".
5. Dr. Madden appears in Act 1, Scene 10, commenting as he makes a report that Diana has done what?
(b) Attempted suicide.
(c) Killed herself.
(d) Killed someone else.
6. What reflective ballad does Dan sing in Act 1, Scene 5 about his son?
(a) "Seconds and Years".
(b) "I Miss the Mountains".
(c) "He's Not Here".
(d) "Who's Crazy".
7. How old does Diana's doctor say Gabe would have been in Act 1, Scene 8?
8. What does Gabe eventually influence Diana to say in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) "I will get better."
(b) "I'll die to dance with..."
(c) "I miss my son."
(d) "Death, release me."
9. What song does Henry sing to Natalie in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "I Miss the Mountains".
(b) "Perfect for You".
(c) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(d) "It's Gonna Be Good".
10. Approximately how old was Gabe when he died?
11. Who does Diana comment was as "high-spirited" as she is when speaking with her new doctor in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
12. What psychiatric term refers to an experience that produces psychological injury or pain?
13. In Act 1, Scene 2, music plays a classical sounding piano part with some light orchestral accompaniment in the style of what composer?
14. In Act 1, Scene 7, Gabe appears and sings with Natalie about "the son of steel and the daughter of" what?
15. Where does Henry visit Natalie in Act 1, Scene 9?
(a) At a shopping mall.
(b) At a park.
(c) Backstage at a concert.
(d) In an internet cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the music for Next to Normal?
2. Gabe's song in Act 1, Scene 8 is intercut with dialogue between Dan and whom?
3. What word means lying asleep or as if asleep; inactive, as in sleep; torpid?
4. Who suggests that what Diana is doing is a good idea and that she is brave in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who claims that he sits behind Natalie in several classes and knows her schedule in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)