|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Diana comment was as "high-spirited" as she is when speaking with her new doctor in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
2. Who appears to ask Dan why he didn't take her to the hospital in Act 1, Scene 11?
3. In what year was Next to Normal nominated for eleven Tony Awards?
4. What does Dan bring Diana a box of in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) Gabe's things.
(b) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
5. Who wrote the music for Next to Normal?
(a) John Robbins.
(b) Matthew Johnson.
(c) Tom Kitt.
(d) Edward Holmes.
6. What song does Henry sing to Natalie in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(b) "Perfect for You".
(c) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(d) "I Miss the Mountains".
7. What does Diana make a huge pile of before collapsing on the floor in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Dr. Madden appears in Act 1, Scene 10, commenting as he makes a report that Diana has done what?
(b) Attempted suicide.
(c) Killed someone else.
(d) Killed herself.
9. Act 1, Scene 4 flashes back to Dan's proposal, which was prompted by the news that Diana was what?
10. What is Diana's last name in Next to Normal?
11. What doctor does Diana go to see in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Dr. Fine.
(b) Dr. Thomas.
(c) Dr. Shwartz.
(d) Dr. Anderson.
12. Gabe's song in Act 1, Scene 8 is intercut with dialogue between Dan and whom?
(b) Dr. Fine.
13. What refers to a type of affective disorder characterized by euphoric mood, excessive activity and talkativeness, impaired judgment, and sometimes psychotic symptoms, as grandiose delusions?
(a) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
(c) Manic disorder.
14. What reflective ballad does Dan sing in Act 1, Scene 5 about his son?
(a) "I Miss the Mountains".
(b) "Who's Crazy".
(c) "He's Not Here".
(d) "Seconds and Years".
15. Where does Henry visit Natalie in Act 1, Scene 9?
(a) Backstage at a concert.
(b) At a shopping mall.
(c) At a park.
(d) In an internet cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabe eventually influence Diana to say in Act 1, Scene 10?
2. What form of treatment does Diana's doctor begin in the ending of Act 1, Scene 8?
3. What is the name of the song in Act 1, Scene 1 in which the main characters each sing about their morning?
4. What is the title of the song sung by Natalie in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What refers to instructions written into the script of a play, indicating stage actions, movements of performers, or production requirements?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)