|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diana reveals what to Dan in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) She's stopped taking her medications.
(b) She tried to overdose on her pills.
(c) She misses her son.
(d) She hates her doctor.
2. In the ending of Act 1, Scene 11, Gabe appears and watches as Diana gives what to Dr. Madden?
(a) Personal belongings.
(b) A urine sample.
(c) Consent forms.
(d) Test results.
3. What reflective ballad does Dan sing in Act 1, Scene 5 about his son?
(a) "Who's Crazy".
(b) "He's Not Here".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "Seconds and Years".
4. What tender ballad does Gabe sing in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) "I Am the One".
(c) "I've Been".
(d) "There's a World".
5. What object is a particular trigger for Diana of memories of Gabe in the narrative?
(a) His urn.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A fleece blanket.
(d) A music box.
6. Next to Normal closed on Broadway after how many regular performances?
7. Who suggests that what Diana is doing is a good idea and that she is brave in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Dr. Fine.
(d) Dr. Madden.
8. Who played the character of Natalie in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Rebecca Hodges.
(b) Jennifer Damiano.
(c) Emma Hunton.
(d) Alice Ripley.
9. Diana's doctor suggests that it is time for her to do what in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) Clean out Gabe's room.
(b) Spend time with her husband.
(c) Call her mother.
(d) Call her father.
10. Who comments that Dan doesn't truly care about what happened to him or about what is happening to Diana in Act 1, Scene 6?
11. What multi-voiced, rock-textured ensemble number is sung by Diana, Gabe and others in Act 1, Scene 9?
(a) "He's Not Here".
(b) "I'm Alive".
(c) "Catch Me I'm Falling".
(d) "Perfect for You".
12. In what year did Next to Normal win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
13. What does Diana do while stating "I miss my life" in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Overdoses on pills.
(b) Calls her daughter's cell phone.
(c) Attempts to hang herself.
(d) Flushes her medicine down the toilet.
14. What refers to the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs?
15. Who played the character of Henry in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Aaron Tveit.
(b) Preston K. Sadleir.
(c) J. Robert Spencer.
(d) Adam Chanler-Berat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Dan sing in reply to Diana's song in Act 1, Scene 6?
2. Dr. Madden appears in Act 1, Scene 10, commenting as he makes a report that Diana has done what?
3. What hard driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. Who is the protagonist of Next to Normal?
5. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)