|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is a particular trigger for Diana of memories of Gabe in the narrative?
(a) A music box.
(b) His urn.
(c) A fleece blanket.
(d) A pillow.
2. Who played the character of Gabe in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Asa Somers.
(b) Louis Hobson.
(c) Aaron Tveit.
(d) J. Robert Spencer.
3. Where does Henry visit Natalie in Act 1, Scene 9?
(a) Backstage at a concert.
(b) At a shopping mall.
(c) At a park.
(d) In an internet cafe.
4. When did Next to Normal close on Broadway?
(a) January 16, 2011.
(b) September 4, 2008.
(c) June 11, 2010.
(d) March 24, 2009.
5. How many Tony Awards did Next to Normal win the year it was nominated for eleven awards?
6. Dan reminds Diana that Gabe has been dead for how long in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 3 years.
7. What refers to the intentional taking of one's own life?
8. Who comments that Dan doesn't truly care about what happened to him or about what is happening to Diana in Act 1, Scene 6?
9. What song does Gabe sing in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) "I'm Alive".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "The Break".
10. Who played the character of Dr. Fine/Dr. Madden in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) J. Robert Spencer.
(b) Asa Somers.
(c) Aaron Tveit.
(d) Louis Hobson.
11. Who wrote the music for Next to Normal?
(a) John Robbins.
(b) Edward Holmes.
(c) Matthew Johnson.
(d) Tom Kitt.
12. What song does Dan sing as he tidies up in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) "I Am the One".
(b) "I Miss the Mountains".
(c) "I've Been".
(d) "I Dreamed a Dance".
13. Diana reveals what to Dan in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) She hates her doctor.
(b) She tried to overdose on her pills.
(c) She's stopped taking her medications.
(d) She misses her son.
14. What hard driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "Didn't I See This Movie".
(d) "I Am the One".
15. What drug does Henry give to Natalie in Act 1, Scene 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the previous musical to win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama before Next to Normal?
2. What does Diana do while stating "I miss my life" in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What is the name of the song in Act 1, Scene 1 in which the main characters each sing about their morning?
4. When Natalie is informed of the controversial therapy being used on her mother in Act 1, Scene 11, she reacts with anger, accusing Dan of what?
5. What style of music does Henry play in Act 1, Scene 3, as Natalie listens?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)