|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the song sung by Natalie in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(b) "Just Another Day".
(c) "I'm Alive".
(d) "Everything Else".
2. What drug do Natalie and Henry use in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How old is the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
4. Who vents her anger at being the child always disregarded in favor of her parents' concern about her brother in Act 1, Scene 7?
5. Who played the character of Natalie in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Jennifer Damiano.
(b) Emma Hunton.
(c) Rebecca Hodges.
(d) Alice Ripley.
6. What song does Diana's doctor sing in Act 1, Scene 9?
(a) "Make up your Mind".
(b) "He's Not Here".
(c) "Better Than Before".
(d) "It's Gonna Be Good".
7. In the ending of Act 1, Scene 11, Gabe appears and watches as Diana gives what to Dr. Madden?
(a) A urine sample.
(b) Test results.
(c) Personal belongings.
(d) Consent forms.
8. Who played the character of Dr. Fine/Dr. Madden in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Aaron Tveit.
(b) Louis Hobson.
(c) Asa Somers.
(d) J. Robert Spencer.
9. In Act 1, Scene 5, Dan sings at work that things have been good at home for what period of time?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 5 days.
10. What refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
11. Who is the protagonist's husband in Next to Normal?
(d) Dr. Fine.
12. What word means to compose and perform or deliver without previous preparation; extemporize?
13. What refers to a type of affective disorder characterized by euphoric mood, excessive activity and talkativeness, impaired judgment, and sometimes psychotic symptoms, as grandiose delusions?
(a) Manic disorder.
(d) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
14. Who claims that he sits behind Natalie in several classes and knows her schedule in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Fine.
(c) Dr. Madden.
15. What hard driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) "I Am the One".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(d) "Didn't I See This Movie".
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Tony Awards did Next to Normal win the year it was nominated for eleven awards?
2. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
3. What song does Dan sing as he tidies up in Act 1, Scene 11?
4. What refers to the intentional taking of one's own life?
5. Who is Diana's pharmacologist in Act 1, Scene 6?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)