|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hard driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(c) "Didn't I See This Movie".
(d) "I Am the One".
2. Who played the character of Gabe in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) J. Robert Spencer.
(b) Aaron Tveit.
(c) Asa Somers.
(d) Louis Hobson.
3. What refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
4. When Natalie is informed of the controversial therapy being used on her mother in Act 1, Scene 11, she reacts with anger, accusing Dan of what?
(a) Wanting to rid himself of Diana.
(b) Betraying Diana's trust.
(c) Being selfish.
(d) Putting her through hell.
5. What emotional ballad does Dan sing to Diana in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) "I'm Alive".
(b) "A Light in the Dark".
(c) "Hey #2".
(d) "It's Gonna Be Good".
6. Who is the protagonist of Next to Normal?
7. What is Gabe wearing when he appears in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) Swim trunks.
(b) A dress.
(c) A green robe.
(d) A tuxedo.
8. Next to Normal closed on Broadway after how many regular performances?
9. Who claims that he sits behind Natalie in several classes and knows her schedule in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Fine.
(d) Dr. Madden.
10. From what mental illness does the protagonist of Next to Normal suffer?
(c) Multiple Personality Disorder.
(d) Bipolar Disorder.
11. What refers to a substance in its carbonate or citrate form used in the treatment or prophylaxis of bipolar disorder or mania?
12. What song does Gabe sing in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(b) "The Break".
(c) "I'm Alive".
(d) "I Miss the Mountains".
13. What word means to compose and perform or deliver without previous preparation; extemporize?
14. What hard-driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) "Didn't I See this Movie".
(b) "Why Stay".
(c) "A Light in the Dark".
(d) "How Could I Ever Forget".
15. In Act 1, Scene 11, Dr. Madden tries to convince Diana to try the controversial therapy while who attempts to convince her not to try it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
2. Who does Diana comment was as "high-spirited" as she is when speaking with her new doctor in Act 1, Scene 8?
3. Who appears and sings along with Dan using no words in Act 1, Scene 11?
4. What is Diana's last name in Next to Normal?
5. Who played the character of Natalie in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)