|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Next to Normal close on Broadway?
(a) January 16, 2011.
(b) September 4, 2008.
(c) June 11, 2010.
(d) March 24, 2009.
2. Who played the character of Dr. Fine/Dr. Madden in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Asa Somers.
(b) Louis Hobson.
(c) Aaron Tveit.
(d) J. Robert Spencer.
3. Gabe's song in Act 1, Scene 8 is intercut with dialogue between Dan and whom?
(a) Dr. Fine.
4. Who appears to ask Dan why he didn't take her to the hospital in Act 1, Scene 11?
5. What controversial treatment does Dr. Madden suggest for Diana in Act 1, Scene 10?
(b) Electroshock therapy.
(c) Medical marijuana.
6. What new doctor does Diana see in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Dr. Ross.
(b) Dr. Fine.
(c) Dr. Madden.
(d) Dr. Kroeger.
7. What word means to compose and perform or deliver without previous preparation; extemporize?
8. What is the name of the song in Act 1, Scene 1 in which the main characters each sing about their morning?
(a) "Just Another Day".
(b) "Who's Crazy".
(c) "Everything Else".
(d) "Perfect for You".
9. Who suggests that what Diana is doing is a good idea and that she is brave in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Dr. Madden.
(d) Dr. Fine.
10. What lightly textured waltz tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(b) "Song of Forgetting".
(c) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(d) "Didn't I See This Movie".
11. What refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
12. In Act 1, Scene 2, music plays a classical sounding piano part with some light orchestral accompaniment in the style of what composer?
13. What does Diana enter with after dinner in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A birthday cake.
(b) A birthday present.
(c) A book.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
14. Dan reminds Diana that Gabe has been dead for how long in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 22 years.
15. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tender ballad does Gabe sing in Act 1, Scene 10?
2. What does Dan bring Diana a box of in Act 1, Scene 10?
3. What form of treatment does Diana's doctor begin in the ending of Act 1, Scene 8?
4. What song does Henry sing to Natalie in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What refers to the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)