|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Diana sing about her longing for feeling in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "I Miss the Mountains".
(b) "Everything Else".
(c) "I've Been".
(d) "The Break".
2. How old does Diana's doctor say Gabe would have been in Act 1, Scene 8?
3. What does Diana make a huge pile of before collapsing on the floor in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What song does Diana, Natalie and Gabe sing in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) "Perfect for You".
(b) "You Don't Know".
(c) "Superboy and the Invisible Girl".
(d) "Song of Forgetting".
5. Where does Henry visit Natalie in Act 1, Scene 9?
(a) At a shopping mall.
(b) In an internet cafe.
(c) Backstage at a concert.
(d) At a park.
6. What does Diana enter with after dinner in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A birthday present.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A birthday cake.
(d) A book.
7. What song does Dan sing accompanied with the Voices in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(b) "There's a World".
(c) "So Anyway".
(d) "Better Than Before".
8. From what mental illness does the protagonist of Next to Normal suffer?
(b) Multiple Personality Disorder.
(c) Bipolar Disorder.
9. From what song does the line "things aren't as bizarre as they are" come in Next to Normal?
(b) "A Light in the Dark".
(c) "Who's Crazy".
(d) "I'm Alive".
10. What hard driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) "You Don't Know".
(c) "I Am the One".
(d) "Didn't I See This Movie".
11. What song does Henry sing to Natalie in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "Perfect for You".
(b) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "It's Gonna Be Good".
12. In Act 1, Scene 11, Dr. Madden tries to convince Diana to try the controversial therapy while who attempts to convince her not to try it?
13. Approximately how old was Gabe when he died?
14. What does Gabe eventually influence Diana to say in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) "I will get better."
(b) "Death, release me."
(c) "I miss my son."
(d) "I'll die to dance with..."
15. What new doctor does Diana see in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Dr. Madden.
(b) Dr. Kroeger.
(c) Dr. Ross.
(d) Dr. Fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Diana's doctor sing in Act 1, Scene 9?
2. Who appears and sings along with Dan using no words in Act 1, Scene 11?
3. Who suggests that what Diana is doing is a good idea and that she is brave in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. In what year did Next to Normal win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
5. What word (in a dramatic or literary work) refers to a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)