|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the previous musical to win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama before Next to Normal?
(b) Anna in the Tropics.
(c) Dinner with Friends.
2. What is the title of the song sung by Natalie in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Everything Else".
(b) "Just Another Day".
(c) "I'm Alive".
(d) "I Dreamed a Dance".
3. What hard-driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(b) "Why Stay".
(c) "Didn't I See this Movie".
(d) "A Light in the Dark".
4. Gabe's song in Act 1, Scene 8 is intercut with dialogue between Dan and whom?
(a) Dr. Fine.
5. What new doctor does Diana see in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Dr. Madden.
(b) Dr. Kroeger.
(c) Dr. Ross.
(d) Dr. Fine.
6. What refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
7. Approximately how old was Gabe when he died?
8. In Act 1, Scene 7, Gabe appears and sings with Natalie about "the son of steel and the daughter of" what?
9. Who does Diana say she couldn't hold when she was born in Act 1, Scene 9?
10. Who is the protagonist's husband in Next to Normal?
(b) Dr. Fine.
11. When did Next to Normal close on Broadway?
(a) January 16, 2011.
(b) September 4, 2008.
(c) March 24, 2009.
(d) June 11, 2010.
12. In the ending of Act 1, Scene 11, Gabe appears and watches as Diana gives what to Dr. Madden?
(a) A urine sample.
(b) Personal belongings.
(c) Consent forms.
(d) Test results.
13. What tender ballad does Gabe sing in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) "I've Been".
(b) "I Am the One".
(c) "There's a World".
14. From what mental illness does the protagonist of Next to Normal suffer?
(a) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Multiple Personality Disorder.
15. What style of music does Henry play in Act 1, Scene 3, as Natalie listens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
2. What hard driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 6?
3. In what year did Next to Normal win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
4. What emotional ballad does Dan sing to Diana in Act 1, Scene 11?
5. What word (in a dramatic or literary work) refers to a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)