|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means lying asleep or as if asleep; inactive, as in sleep; torpid?
2. What new doctor does Diana see in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Dr. Kroeger.
(b) Dr. Madden.
(c) Dr. Fine.
(d) Dr. Ross.
3. What does Diana enter with after dinner in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A birthday cake.
(b) A birthday present.
(c) A book.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
4. How old is the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
5. Who is Diana's pharmacologist in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Dr. Fine.
(b) Dr. Thompson.
(c) Dr. Williams.
(d) Dr. Diaz.
6. What word refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
7. What song does Diana sing about her longing for feeling in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "The Break".
(b) "Everything Else".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "I've Been".
8. Approximately how old was Gabe when he died?
9. Who takes some of Diana's medication in Act 1, Scene 8?
10. Who played the character of Henry in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) J. Robert Spencer.
(b) Aaron Tveit.
(c) Adam Chanler-Berat.
(d) Preston K. Sadleir.
11. Who is the protagonist's husband in Next to Normal?
(c) Dr. Fine.
12. What is Diana's last name in Next to Normal?
13. What word (in a dramatic or literary work) refers to a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot?
14. What song does Henry sing to Natalie in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(b) "I Miss the Mountains".
(c) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(d) "Perfect for You".
15. What hard-driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) "A Light in the Dark".
(b) "Didn't I See this Movie".
(c) "Why Stay".
(d) "How Could I Ever Forget".
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs?
2. Who played the character of Dan in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
3. What is the title of the song sung by Natalie in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What refers to the intentional taking of one's own life?
5. What multi-voiced, rock-textured ensemble number is sung by Diana, Gabe and others in Act 1, Scene 9?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)