|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist's husband in Next to Normal?
(a) Dr. Fine.
2. What hard-driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) "A Light in the Dark".
(b) "How Could I Ever Forget".
(c) "Why Stay".
(d) "Didn't I See this Movie".
3. What word (in a dramatic or literary work) refers to a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot?
4. What song does Dan sing as he tidies up in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) "I Am the One".
(b) "I've Been".
(c) "I Miss the Mountains".
(d) "I Dreamed a Dance".
5. What refers to a substance in its carbonate or citrate form used in the treatment or prophylaxis of bipolar disorder or mania?
6. How old is the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
7. In the ending of Act 1, Scene 11, Gabe appears and watches as Diana gives what to Dr. Madden?
(a) Personal belongings.
(b) Consent forms.
(c) A urine sample.
(d) Test results.
8. What song does Diana, Natalie and Gabe sing in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) "Perfect for You".
(b) "Song of Forgetting".
(c) "Superboy and the Invisible Girl".
(d) "You Don't Know".
9. What refers to instructions written into the script of a play, indicating stage actions, movements of performers, or production requirements?
(a) Dance numbers.
(c) Stage directions.
10. What controversial treatment does Dr. Madden suggest for Diana in Act 1, Scene 10?
(b) Medical marijuana.
(c) Electroshock therapy.
11. What is Diana's last name in Next to Normal?
12. Who wrote the music for Next to Normal?
(a) Tom Kitt.
(b) John Robbins.
(c) Edward Holmes.
(d) Matthew Johnson.
13. Next to Normal closed on Broadway after how many regular performances?
14. What does Gabe eventually influence Diana to say in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) "Death, release me."
(b) "I will get better."
(c) "I miss my son."
(d) "I'll die to dance with..."
15. How old does Diana's doctor say Gabe would have been in Act 1, Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug do Natalie and Henry use in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What doctor does Diana go to see in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Dan reminds Diana that Gabe has been dead for how long in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. Dr. Madden appears in Act 1, Scene 10, commenting as he makes a report that Diana has done what?
5. What refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)