|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Dan sing as he tidies up in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) "I Dreamed a Dance".
(b) "I Miss the Mountains".
(c) "I Am the One".
(d) "I've Been".
2. What drug does Henry give to Natalie in Act 1, Scene 7?
3. Where does Henry visit Natalie in Act 1, Scene 9?
(a) Backstage at a concert.
(b) At a park.
(c) In an internet cafe.
(d) At a shopping mall.
4. What song does Diana's doctor sing in Act 1, Scene 9?
(a) "Better Than Before".
(b) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(c) "He's Not Here".
(d) "Make up your Mind".
5. What song does Diana sing about her longing for feeling in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) "I Miss the Mountains".
(b) "Everything Else".
(c) "The Break".
(d) "I've Been".
6. Who appears and sings along with Dan using no words in Act 1, Scene 11?
(b) Dr. Fine.
7. What emotional ballad does Dan sing to Diana in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) "Hey #2".
(b) "A Light in the Dark".
(c) "It's Gonna Be Good".
(d) "I'm Alive".
8. What does Diana enter with after dinner in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A book.
(c) A birthday cake.
(d) A birthday present.
9. How old is the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
10. What form of treatment does Diana's doctor begin in the ending of Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) Brain surgery.
(d) Water therapy.
11. What is the title of the song sung by Natalie in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Everything Else".
(b) "I'm Alive".
(c) "Just Another Day".
(d) "I Dreamed a Dance".
12. Who comments that Dan doesn't truly care about what happened to him or about what is happening to Diana in Act 1, Scene 6?
13. In Act 1, Scene 7, Gabe appears and sings with Natalie about "the son of steel and the daughter of" what?
14. Who claims that he sits behind Natalie in several classes and knows her schedule in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Madden.
(c) Dr. Fine.
15. What was the name of the previous musical to win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama before Next to Normal?
(b) Dinner with Friends.
(c) Anna in the Tropics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the intentional taking of one's own life?
2. How old does Diana's doctor say Gabe would have been in Act 1, Scene 8?
3. Who played the character of Dan in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
4. Who does Diana comment was as "high-spirited" as she is when speaking with her new doctor in Act 1, Scene 8?
5. What word means lying asleep or as if asleep; inactive, as in sleep; torpid?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)