|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to instructions written into the script of a play, indicating stage actions, movements of performers, or production requirements?
(b) Dance numbers.
(d) Stage directions.
2. What is the name of the protagonist's son who died in the musical?
3. What word means to compose and perform or deliver without previous preparation; extemporize?
4. What is the name of the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
5. What was the name of the previous musical to win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama before Next to Normal?
(b) Dinner with Friends.
(c) Anna in the Tropics.
6. How old does Diana's doctor say Gabe would have been in Act 1, Scene 8?
7. Who vents her anger at being the child always disregarded in favor of her parents' concern about her brother in Act 1, Scene 7?
8. In Act 1, Scene 5, Dan sings at work that things have been good at home for what period of time?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
9. Who appears to ask Dan why he didn't take her to the hospital in Act 1, Scene 11?
10. Who played the character of Natalie in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Emma Hunton.
(b) Jennifer Damiano.
(c) Rebecca Hodges.
(d) Alice Ripley.
11. What object is a particular trigger for Diana of memories of Gabe in the narrative?
(a) His urn.
(b) A music box.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A fleece blanket.
12. What is Diana's last name in Next to Normal?
13. What refers to the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs?
14. Who suggests that what Diana is doing is a good idea and that she is brave in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Dr. Fine.
(d) Dr. Madden.
15. What drug do Natalie and Henry use in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What multi-voiced, rock-textured ensemble number is sung by Diana, Gabe and others in Act 1, Scene 9?
2. What does Dan bring Diana a box of in Act 1, Scene 10?
3. What emotional ballad does Dan sing to Diana in Act 1, Scene 11?
4. Who played the character of Dan in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
5. Who played the character of Henry in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)