|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs?
2. In what year did Next to Normal win the Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
3. Diana's doctor suggests that it is time for her to do what in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) Spend time with her husband.
(b) Clean out Gabe's room.
(c) Call her mother.
(d) Call her father.
4. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
5. What song does Dan sing accompanied with the Voices in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) "So Anyway".
(b) "Better Than Before".
(c) "There's a World".
(d) "It's Gonna Be Good".
6. What word means to compose and perform or deliver without previous preparation; extemporize?
7. Who comments that Dan doesn't truly care about what happened to him or about what is happening to Diana in Act 1, Scene 6?
8. What does Diana make a huge pile of before collapsing on the floor in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What doctor does Diana go to see in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Dr. Thomas.
(b) Dr. Fine.
(c) Dr. Anderson.
(d) Dr. Shwartz.
10. Who claims that he sits behind Natalie in several classes and knows her schedule in Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) Dr. Fine.
(d) Dr. Madden.
11. What refers to a type of affective disorder characterized by euphoric mood, excessive activity and talkativeness, impaired judgment, and sometimes psychotic symptoms, as grandiose delusions?
(b) Manic disorder.
(d) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
12. What is the title of the song sung by Natalie in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "I'm Alive".
(b) "Everything Else".
(c) "Just Another Day".
(d) "I Dreamed a Dance".
13. When did Next to Normal close on Broadway?
(a) March 24, 2009.
(b) January 16, 2011.
(c) September 4, 2008.
(d) June 11, 2010.
14. What is Gabe wearing when he appears in Act 1, Scene 10?
(a) A dress.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) A green robe.
(d) Swim trunks.
15. Who played the character of Gabe in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) J. Robert Spencer.
(b) Louis Hobson.
(c) Asa Somers.
(d) Aaron Tveit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist's husband in Next to Normal?
2. Approximately how old was Gabe when he died?
3. What drug do Natalie and Henry use in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What hard-driving rock tune does Diana sing in Act 1, Scene 11?
5. Where does Henry visit Natalie in Act 1, Scene 9?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)