Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act One, Part 1
1. Describe the central themes in Next to Normal. What does the story of the play revolve around?
2. How is the music used in expressing the inner thoughts of the characters in Act 1?
3. How is the Goodman family portrayed in the first scenes of Act 1?
4. How is Gabe different as a character from the others in Act 1, Scenes 1-3?
5. What do the members of the Goodman family sing about in the song "Just Another Day" in Act 1, Scene...
This section contains 1,085 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)