|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of Next to Normal?
2. In Act 2, Scene 9, Gabe appears, singing that he is "more than" what?
3. What word refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
4. In Act 2, Scene 6, an argument almost erupts between Henry and Natalie, but Henry defuses it by saying he'll come by when to take her to the dance?
(a) The next weekend.
(b) On Wednesday morning.
(c) The following night.
(d) The fifth of the month.
5. How old is the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 10, Diana insists there should be no limit on the amount of time she can be allowed to do what?
2. What song in Act 2, Scene 1 is sung by Diana and Natalie?
3. What refers to the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc., or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences?
4. What multi-voiced, rock-textured ensemble number is sung by Diana, Gabe and others in Act 1, Scene 9?
5. Prior to bringing Next to Normal to Broadway, Brian Yorkey was affiliated with what musical theater group in New York?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)