|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diana do while stating "I miss my life" in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Calls her daughter's cell phone.
(b) Flushes her medicine down the toilet.
(c) Attempts to hang herself.
(d) Overdoses on pills.
2. What refers to a substance in its carbonate or citrate form used in the treatment or prophylaxis of bipolar disorder or mania?
3. When did Next to Normal close on Broadway?
(a) September 4, 2008.
(b) June 11, 2010.
(c) January 16, 2011.
(d) March 24, 2009.
4. Who is the protagonist of Next to Normal?
5. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Henry sing to Natalie in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Next to Normal closed on Broadway after how many regular performances?
3. Who is Diana's pharmacologist in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. Diana reveals what to Dan in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. What refers to a type of affective disorder characterized by euphoric mood, excessive activity and talkativeness, impaired judgment, and sometimes psychotic symptoms, as grandiose delusions?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)