|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what mental illness does the protagonist of Next to Normal suffer?
(a) Multiple Personality Disorder.
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
2. In Act 1, Scene 11, Dr. Madden tries to convince Diana to try the controversial therapy while who attempts to convince her not to try it?
3. What refers to the original form of rock music, basically dependent on a consistently loud and strong beat?
(c) Hard rock.
(d) Heavy metal.
4. What word refers to anything, as an act or event, that serves as a stimulus and initiates or precipitates a reaction or series of reactions?
5. Who played the character of Natalie in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
(a) Alice Ripley.
(b) Rebecca Hodges.
(c) Emma Hunton.
(d) Jennifer Damiano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a type of affective disorder characterized by euphoric mood, excessive activity and talkativeness, impaired judgment, and sometimes psychotic symptoms, as grandiose delusions?
2. What does Henry want to take Natalie to in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. How old is the protagonist's daughter in Next to Normal?
4. What refers to a substance in its carbonate or citrate form used in the treatment or prophylaxis of bipolar disorder or mania?
5. Who played the character of Dr. Fine/Dr. Madden in the original Broadway cast of Next to Normal?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)