|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
2. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
3. Where do Villamizar and the Monkey meet Escobar for his surrender?
4. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
5. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Diana Turbay's character as seen through her past work and time spent in captivity. What words best describe her? What is she like as a person? A journalist?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the ten hostages are released before others. Write about what it is like for those that are released knowing others remain and what it is like for those that remain knowing others are released before them.
Essay Topic 3
Research psychological effects on hostages and how it inhibits them from escaping when the opportunity arises. Maruja and Beatriz have an opportunity but decide not to risk it. Pacho has a chance but realizes it a little too late. How do months of imprisonment convince hostages that it is easier to stay put? How does treatment from the guards affect their decision that it is too risky to escape?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)