|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dramatic move does Escobar perform when he meets Pataquiva?
2. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
3. How do Escobar's personal guards view Father Herreros?
4. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
5. What does the majordomo tell Maruja when he hands her a radio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The President holds office to help protect and do good by the population of his country. President Gaviria is in a dilemma. He wants to fight narcoterrorism long-term, but he is faced with hostages' lives that are presently in danger. How does President Gaviria handle this situation? Why does he make the decisions that he does?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Diana Turbay's character as seen through her past work and time spent in captivity. What words best describe her? What is she like as a person? A journalist?
Essay Topic 3
Negotiations between the Extraditables and the hostages' families are met with hope and failure. Explain how the passage of time affects both sides' ability to negotiate. Do they maintain progress? Is there a lull that disqualifies the negotiating abilities of those involved? Is there an effect on both sides' hopes and demands?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)