|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maruja is to be released, how much advance notice is she given?
2. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
3. Who visits the prison to approve it before Escobar's surrender?
4. What does President Gaviria do first thing Monday morning after news of the possible release comes out Sunday?
5. What is Maruja's reaction to the communiqué concerning her impending release?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Decree 303 is passed days after Diana's death. The Extraditables get their extension on the capitulation policy. Where does the government stand at this point in time? Who has more control of the situation? Who has given up more at this stage? Who is winning the war between the Extraditables and the government?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three hostages and compare and contrast their reactions to the abductions.
Essay Topic 3
Research psychological effects on hostages and how it inhibits them from escaping when the opportunity arises. Maruja and Beatriz have an opportunity but decide not to risk it. Pacho has a chance but realizes it a little too late. How do months of imprisonment convince hostages that it is easier to stay put? How does treatment from the guards affect their decision that it is too risky to escape?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)