|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
2. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
3. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
4. Who goes through a social change from a fearful victim to public star?
5. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The guards are there to keep the hostages from escaping. However, sometimes the guards show sympathy such as the day they find out about Maruja's birthday or the guard who is moved by Pacho's letter to his wife. Consider these guards and why they are there. What position are the guards in? Why do they do this job when it seems to conflict with their personal feelings?
Essay Topic 2
Father Herreros speaks with Escobar, and even though he knows his history as much as the rest of the public, the Father says about Escobar, "Deep down all men are good, although some circumstances can make them evil." Write an essay on whether you agree or disagree and why.
Essay Topic 3
Ten hostages are taken by the Extraditables. Some are imprisoned for over 6 months while others are released earlier. Each of their situations is different, but some comparisons are still there. Describe the consequences of imprisonment on a hostage physically and psychologically. Consider the different hostages and how they are treated.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)