|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
2. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
3. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
4. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
5. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Negotiations between the Extraditables and the hostages' families are met with hope and failure. Explain how the passage of time affects both sides' ability to negotiate. Do they maintain progress? Is there a lull that disqualifies the negotiating abilities of those involved? Is there an effect on both sides' hopes and demands?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Extraditables. Who are they? Who is their leader? What are they known for? Why are they called the Extraditables? How do they have so much power?
Essay Topic 3
Ten hostages are taken by the Extraditables. Some are imprisoned for over 6 months while others are released earlier. Each of their situations is different, but some comparisons are still there. Describe the consequences of imprisonment on a hostage physically and psychologically. Consider the different hostages and how they are treated.
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)