Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
2. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
3. Where do Villamizar and the Monkey meet Escobar for his surrender?
4. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
5. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
Essay Topic 1
MedellÃn is known for its slums and high crime rates back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Research crime rates in MedellÃn and your own local area. Compare and contrast the crime rates and how it affects the people who inhabit the areas.
Essay Topic 2
The guards are there to keep the hostages from escaping. However, sometimes the guards show sympathy such as the day they find out about Maruja's birthday or the guard who is moved by Pacho's letter to his wife. Consider these guards and why they are there. What position are the guards in? Why do they do this job when it seems to conflict with their personal feelings?
Essay Topic 3
Choose three hostages and compare and contrast their reactions to the abductions.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)