|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the prison to approve it before Escobar's surrender?
2. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
3. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
4. What dramatic move does Escobar perform when he meets Pataquiva?
5. Where does Father Herreros start his involvement concerning Escobar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ten hostages are taken by the Extraditables. Some are imprisoned for over 6 months while others are released earlier. Each of their situations is different, but some comparisons are still there. Describe the consequences of imprisonment on a hostage physically and psychologically. Consider the different hostages and how they are treated.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Extraditables. Who are they? Who is their leader? What are they known for? Why are they called the Extraditables? How do they have so much power?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Colombian government as it was in the late 1980s/early 1990s. What type of government was it? How was it enacted? Write about how the government plays into the lives of drug traffickers and narcoterrorism.
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)