|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Escobar does not want a firing range at the prison because he believes it is what?
2. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
3. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
4. The attitude shown during days of waiting for Father Herreros and Escobar to meet can be described as __________.
5. How does don Fabio receive Villamizar's request for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colombia's drug trafficking has a large following. Explain the appeals and why it has so many willing followers.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the criminals are very religious, including Escobar, the guards, and household owners who threaten the hostages. Write about how a person can live a criminal life and be religious at the same time.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Colombian government as it was in the late 1980s/early 1990s. What type of government was it? How was it enacted? Write about how the government plays into the lives of drug traffickers and narcoterrorism.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)