|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does President Gaviria do first thing Monday morning after news of the possible release comes out Sunday?
2. Where is Beatriz when Maruja sees her on television?
3. What belief do both Pacho's wife and Escobar follow that influences their outlook of the future?
4. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
5. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
Essay Topic 1
Colombia's drug trafficking has a large following. Explain the appeals and why it has so many willing followers.
Essay Topic 2
When the Extraditables decide to kill the hostages, they list the execution order as Marina, Richard, Beatriz, Maruja, Diana, then Pacho. Why this order? Why have an order at all? How does this order benefit the Extraditables?
Essay Topic 3
Ten hostages are taken by the Extraditables. Some are imprisoned for over 6 months while others are released earlier. Each of their situations is different, but some comparisons are still there. Describe the consequences of imprisonment on a hostage physically and psychologically. Consider the different hostages and how they are treated.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)