|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Escobar located after he escapes?
2. What last favor does Escobar ask of Alberto when they depart?
3. What belief do both Pacho's wife and Escobar follow that influences their outlook of the future?
4. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
5. What concerns Escobar when watching "God's Minute"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing Nydia's story. What is her fight like from the day Diana is captured to the day she learns Diana is in the hospital? Is her fight over when Diana dies?
Essay Topic 2
Research psychological effects on hostages and how it inhibits them from escaping when the opportunity arises. Maruja and Beatriz have an opportunity but decide not to risk it. Pacho has a chance but realizes it a little too late. How do months of imprisonment convince hostages that it is easier to stay put? How does treatment from the guards affect their decision that it is too risky to escape?
Essay Topic 3
The guards are there to keep the hostages from escaping. However, sometimes the guards show sympathy such as the day they find out about Maruja's birthday or the guard who is moved by Pacho's letter to his wife. Consider these guards and why they are there. What position are the guards in? Why do they do this job when it seems to conflict with their personal feelings?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)