|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
2. What belief do both Pacho's wife and Escobar follow that influences their outlook of the future?
3. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
4. What is one thing that confirms Maruja's thoughts about Marina's ending?
5. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Extraditables. Who are they? Who is their leader? What are they known for? Why are they called the Extraditables? How do they have so much power?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the ten hostages are released before others. Write about what it is like for those that are released knowing others remain and what it is like for those that remain knowing others are released before them.
Essay Topic 3
The guards are there to keep the hostages from escaping. However, sometimes the guards show sympathy such as the day they find out about Maruja's birthday or the guard who is moved by Pacho's letter to his wife. Consider these guards and why they are there. What position are the guards in? Why do they do this job when it seems to conflict with their personal feelings?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)