|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government decide to turn into a prison for Escobar?
2. When Maruja is to be released, how much advance notice is she given?
3. When is the selected day for Maruja's and Pacho's release?
4. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
5. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
MedellÃn is known for its slums and high crime rates back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Research crime rates in MedellÃn and your own local area. Compare and contrast the crime rates and how it affects the people who inhabit the areas.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the ten hostages are released before others. Write about what it is like for those that are released knowing others remain and what it is like for those that remain knowing others are released before them.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the negotiations between Guido Parra and the hostages' families. What is Parra's motivation? How does he overstep his boundaries?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)