|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
2. What last favor does Escobar ask of Alberto when they depart?
3. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
4. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
5. Escobar does not want a firing range at the prison because he believes it is what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Colombian government as it was in the late 1980s/early 1990s. What type of government was it? How was it enacted? Write about how the government plays into the lives of drug traffickers and narcoterrorism.
Essay Topic 2
Colombia's drug trafficking has a large following. Explain the appeals and why it has so many willing followers.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the criminals are very religious, including Escobar, the guards, and household owners who threaten the hostages. Write about how a person can live a criminal life and be religious at the same time.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)