|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
2. How do Escobar's personal guards view Father Herreros?
3. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
4. What city does Escobar threaten to dynamite?
5. Escobar does not want a firing range at the prison because he believes it is what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the criminals are very religious, including Escobar, the guards, and household owners who threaten the hostages. Write about how a person can live a criminal life and be religious at the same time.
Essay Topic 2
Colombia's drug trafficking has a large following. Explain the appeals and why it has so many willing followers.
Essay Topic 3
Some of the ten hostages are released before others. Write about what it is like for those that are released knowing others remain and what it is like for those that remain knowing others are released before them.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)