|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
2. What is one thing that confirms Maruja's thoughts about Marina's ending?
3. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
4. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
5. What city does Escobar threaten to dynamite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research psychological effects on hostages and how it inhibits them from escaping when the opportunity arises. Maruja and Beatriz have an opportunity but decide not to risk it. Pacho has a chance but realizes it a little too late. How do months of imprisonment convince hostages that it is easier to stay put? How does treatment from the guards affect their decision that it is too risky to escape?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three hostages and compare and contrast their reactions to the abductions.
Essay Topic 3
Ten hostages are taken by the Extraditables. Some are imprisoned for over 6 months while others are released earlier. Each of their situations is different, but some comparisons are still there. Describe the consequences of imprisonment on a hostage physically and psychologically. Consider the different hostages and how they are treated.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)