|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
2. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
3. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
4. Father Herreros offers additional help to President Gaviria in regards to what other Colombian issue?
5. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
MedellÃn is known for its slums and high crime rates back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Research crime rates in MedellÃn and your own local area. Compare and contrast the crime rates and how it affects the people who inhabit the areas.
Essay Topic 2
Ten hostages are taken by the Extraditables. Some are imprisoned for over 6 months while others are released earlier. Each of their situations is different, but some comparisons are still there. Describe the consequences of imprisonment on a hostage physically and psychologically. Consider the different hostages and how they are treated.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Nydia's story. What is her fight like from the day Diana is captured to the day she learns Diana is in the hospital? Is her fight over when Diana dies?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)