Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
2. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
3. Where do Villamizar and the Monkey meet Escobar for his surrender?
4. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
5. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
The guards are there to keep the hostages from escaping. However, sometimes the guards show sympathy such as the day they find out about Maruja's birthday or the guard who is moved by Pacho's letter to his wife. Consider these guards and why they are there. What position are the guards in? Why do they do this job when it seems to conflict with their personal feelings?
Decree 303 is passed days after Diana's death. The Extraditables get their extension on the capitulation policy. Where does the government stand at this point in time? Who has more control of the situation? Who has given up more at this stage? Who is winning the war between the Extraditables and the government?
Ten hostages are taken by the Extraditables. Some are imprisoned for over 6 months while others are released earlier. Each of their situations is different, but some comparisons are still there. Describe the consequences of imprisonment on a hostage physically and psychologically. Consider the different hostages and how they are treated.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)