|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
2. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
3. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
4. What do the nicer guards ask of Maruja when she leaves?
5. When Maruja is to be released, how much advance notice is she given?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the Extraditables decide to kill the hostages, they list the execution order as Marina, Richard, Beatriz, Maruja, Diana, then Pacho. Why this order? Why have an order at all? How does this order benefit the Extraditables?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the ten hostages are released before others. Write about what it is like for those that are released knowing others remain and what it is like for those that remain knowing others are released before them.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the negotiations between Guido Parra and the hostages' families. What is Parra's motivation? How does he overstep his boundaries?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)