|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
2. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
3. Where does Father Herreros start his involvement concerning Escobar?
4. Who goes through a social change from a fearful victim to public star?
5. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The President holds office to help protect and do good by the population of his country. President Gaviria is in a dilemma. He wants to fight narcoterrorism long-term, but he is faced with hostages' lives that are presently in danger. How does President Gaviria handle this situation? Why does he make the decisions that he does?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Colombian government as it was in the late 1980s/early 1990s. What type of government was it? How was it enacted? Write about how the government plays into the lives of drug traffickers and narcoterrorism.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Extraditables. Who are they? Who is their leader? What are they known for? Why are they called the Extraditables? How do they have so much power?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)