|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mysteriously arrives at Villamizar's door after life has seemingly returned to normal?
2. How does don Fabio receive Villamizar's request for help?
3. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
4. What last favor does Escobar ask of Alberto when they depart?
5. What city does Escobar threaten to dynamite?
Essay Topic 1
The guards are there to keep the hostages from escaping. However, sometimes the guards show sympathy such as the day they find out about Maruja's birthday or the guard who is moved by Pacho's letter to his wife. Consider these guards and why they are there. What position are the guards in? Why do they do this job when it seems to conflict with their personal feelings?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the criminals are very religious, including Escobar, the guards, and household owners who threaten the hostages. Write about how a person can live a criminal life and be religious at the same time.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Diana Turbay's character as seen through her past work and time spent in captivity. What words best describe her? What is she like as a person? A journalist?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)