|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
(a) In the city of Bogotá.
(b) Among the jungle farmlands outside of Medellín.
(c) Near the border of Ecuador.
(d) In the city of Medellín.
2. What surprise do the reporters and Pacho's family get when they see Pacho?
(a) He is in tears despite his known stoicism.
(b) He is more broken in spirit than expected.
(c) He is speechless despite his known loquaciousness.
(d) He is fatter and more spirited than expected.
3. What is Maruja's reaction to the communiqué concerning her impending release?
(a) She is doubtful.
(b) She is in shock.
(c) She does not believe it to be true.
(d) She is ecstatic.
4. What message do the Santos' send Pacho in "El Tiempo" when they hear he will be released soon?
(a) A family picture of Hernando with Pacho's wife and kids.
(b) An article about keeping hope alive.
(c) A picture of Pacho's family in his home with a spot saved for him.
(d) A column about freedom.
5. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
(a) He is hit unconscious.
(b) He is temporarily knocked out with chloroform.
(c) He is thrown out of the car and left behind.
(d) He is shot to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
2. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
3. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
4. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
5. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)