|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) President Gaviria.
(b) Diego Montaña Cuéllar.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) Maza Márquez.
2. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
(a) Manuel Perez captures them during an interview and hands them over.
(b) The abductors promise them an interview.
(c) The abductors break into each person's individual home in the middle of night.
(d) The abductors hijack their news van.
3. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
(a) Lots of car troubles.
(b) A police checkpoint stops him from going further.
(c) He has to fight his way through a throng of reporters.
(d) His anxiety.
4. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
(a) Two hours of solitude a day.
(b) One-on-one conversations with Beatriz to keep focus on reality.
(c) A cigarette as soon as she wakes up to the gloomy mornings.
(d) A time for prayer to the Holy Infant once a day.
5. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
(a) Julio César Turbay.
(b) César Gaviria.
(c) Belisario Betancur.
(d) Virgilio Barco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
2. From what illness does Maruja suffer a month after her abduction?
3. How does Marina spend her New Year's Eve?
4. To what game does Diana compare the negotiations?
5. How do the majordomo and his wife treat Maruja's on her birthday?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)