|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
(a) Fresh air time and coffee.
(b) Coffee and cigarettes.
(c) Cigarettes and magazines.
(d) Breakfast and cigarettes.
2. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
(b) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
(c) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
(d) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
3. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
(b) Lifetime imprisonment.
(c) Multiple sentences.
(d) Death penalty.
4. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
(a) They guards are given nice suits and fancy watches.
(b) The guards are pretty autonomous.
(c) As if they are prisoners too.
(d) As if they are high in rank.
5. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(b) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
(c) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
(d) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
2. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
3. How old is Escobar when he is imprisoned?
4. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
5. How does Nydia achieve contact with Escobar?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)