|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
2. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She starts a diary.
(b) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
(c) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
(d) She gives up hope.
3. Maruja and Beatriz are soon joined by another hostage. When was this person kidnapped?
(a) The previous week.
(b) Three months earlier.
(c) The same day.
(d) Spring of 1990.
4. Who becomes a strong supporter for Hernando Santos when his son, Francisco Santos, is abducted?
(a) His daughter-in-law.
(b) His other sons.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
5. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
(a) They are angry at the rise in crime.
(b) They look at him as their Robin Hood.
(c) With curiosity but complacency.
(d) They are afraid to say anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
2. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
3. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
4. Father Herreros offers additional help to President Gaviria in regards to what other Colombian issue?
5. What encourages Escobar to continue communiqués with Villamizar?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)