|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first hiding place located?
(a) La Calera.
(b) La Tercera.
(c) El Calle.
(d) La Castellanos.
2. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
(a) Hearing voices.
3. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
(a) Escobar's freedom.
(b) A drug trafficker's punishment.
(c) Escobar's ability to gain office in government.
(d) A drug trafficker's ability to leave Colombia.
4. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
(a) Manuel Perez captures them during an interview and hands them over.
(b) The abductors hijack their news van.
(c) The abductors promise them an interview.
(d) The abductors break into each person's individual home in the middle of night.
5. What is one thing that confirms Maruja's thoughts about Marina's ending?
(a) They put Beatriz' hood on with the eyeholes forward instead of backwards.
(b) The guards are not sullen when Beatriz leaves like the day Marina left.
(c) When Beatriz leaves, the boss is more light-hearted in demeanor.
(d) Majordomo offers to return the television when Beatriz leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs as a consequence of the Priscos' execution?
2. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
3. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
4. The hostages' living conditions are __________.
5. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)