|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
(a) Gloria Pachón, Beatriz's sister.
(b) Luis Carlos Galán, Beatriz's brother.
(c) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(d) Luis Carlos Galán, Maruja's brother in-law.
2. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A physical therapist.
(c) A psychotherapist.
(d) A doctor.
3. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
(a) Use him as cover in order to survive.
(b) Leave him chained to the bed and leave immediately.
(c) Maintain Pacho alive and with them as they run.
(d) Shoot him three times.
4. After the Notables negotiation failure, what news does Pardo give Villamizar to have something to look forward to?
(a) Nydia has leads on Escobar is location.
(b) Pardo's department receives a minicassette from Maruja.
(c) President Gaviria is putting more forces to work to help negotiate with Parra.
(d) Another decree is being worked on to amend the first rejected one.
5. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
(a) The safety of the Medellín boys in the slums.
(b) Safety of his family when he surrenders.
(c) A prison he is willing to surrender to.
(d) Security of his money while he is imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
2. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
3. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
4. What does the majordomo tell Maruja when he hands her a radio?
5. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)