|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
2. The Santos family learns Pacho is in the northern part of Bogota. How do they know this?
(a) Pacho talks of clues in a minicassette sent to the family to prove he's alive.
(b) Pacho reads a headline from a local edition newspaper on a minicassette to prove he's alive.
(c) Guido Parra slips during a negotiation with the Notables.
(d) Hernando's friend recognizes Pacho's voice coming from an abandoned house.
3. What is Marina's condition when she is called by the guards to get ready to leave?
(b) Oblivious to the threat of being a hostage.
(c) Ready and waiting.
(d) Full of anticipation of release.
4. Who becomes a strong supporter for Hernando Santos when his son, Francisco Santos, is abducted?
(a) His other sons.
(b) His daughter-in-law.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
5. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
(a) The Extraditables bombed numerous police stations.
(b) The Cali cartel bombs the area to create confusion for the Extraditables.
(c) Elite Corps efforts to find the abductors.
(d) Bombings by urban guerrillas.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
2. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
3. How does don Fabio receive Villamizar's request for help?
4. The attitude shown during days of waiting for Father Herreros and Escobar to meet can be described as __________.
5. What does Marina see the in the laundry area during her nightly walks with Monk?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)