|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
(a) He says he hears them, but they are not factors in the decision.
(b) He respects their call for human rights.
(c) He finds the program selfish for focusing only on the rich and famous.
(d) He tells the producers the program is useless.
2. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
(a) A deep conversation with one of the guards.
(b) A picture of his family in the paper.
(c) A column in "El Tiempo" specifically telling Pacho not to think about it.
(d) Rereading a letter he wrote to his wife while imprisoned.
3. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
(a) The Cali cartel bombs the area to create confusion for the Extraditables.
(b) The Extraditables bombed numerous police stations.
(c) Elite Corps efforts to find the abductors.
(d) Bombings by urban guerrillas.
4. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Alberto Villamizar.
(b) Guido Parra.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Rafael Pardo.
5. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
(a) Maruja whispers too loudly that she knows where they may be.
(b) Beatriz figures out their location when she looks out a bathroom window.
(c) The police learn the kidnappers' escape route, so they must leave.
(d) To confuse the women further.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Father Herreros start his involvement concerning Escobar?
2. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
3. What negotiation does Escobar initiate on his own?
4. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
5. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)