|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
(a) A thin T-shirt and long pants.
(b) One long sleeve shirt and long pants.
(c) Sweat suits.
(d) Prisoner's overalls.
2. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
(a) The majordomo pushes her out a window.
(b) She leaves with the children to visit her ailing mother.
(c) She is appalled at the treatment of Maruja.
(d) The guards are too drunk and rowdy for her.
3. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
(a) Coffee and cigarettes.
(b) Fresh air time and coffee.
(c) Breakfast and cigarettes.
(d) Cigarettes and magazines.
4. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
(a) New guards are brought in that know nothing about the past.
(b) The guards stop bringing in the newspapers.
(c) The guards do not allow television and radio for a week.
(d) The guards take away the radio and television.
5. What does the government decide to turn into a prison for Escobar?
(a) An abandoned fort.
(b) An old rehabilitation center for drug addicts.
(c) A convent.
(d) An abandoned prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gloria Pachon and Villamizar ask of the police?
2. The guards watching Diana and her crew can be described as _____________.
3. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
4. In 1991, about how many murders occurs in Medellín each day?
5. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)