|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
(a) Beatriz' clothes are tight-fitting.
(b) Their reflections in the mirror.
(c) Damaris is angry Beatriz has to go.
(d) One of the guards cries when Beatriz hugs him goodbye.
2. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
(a) Stop talking to the majordomo and Damaris.
(b) Stop eating.
(c) To yell at the top of her lungs.
(d) Stop taking her medicines.
3. How does Nydia achieve contact with Escobar?
(a) Through Guido Parra.
(b) Through his sister-in-law.
(c) Through the Ochoa brothers.
(d) Through the Ochoa sisters.
4. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
(a) One-on-one conversations with Beatriz to keep focus on reality.
(b) A cigarette as soon as she wakes up to the gloomy mornings.
(c) Two hours of solitude a day.
(d) A time for prayer to the Holy Infant once a day.
5. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
(a) With Damaris' help, have a dinner of meat and potatoes instead of lentils.
(b) Ask Beatriz to bring back devised codes for the radio and television.
(c) Dress up and put on make-up for a release celebration.
(d) With Damaris' help, get Beatriz flowers as a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
2. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
3. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
4. The hostages' living conditions are __________.
5. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)