|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
(b) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
(c) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
(d) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
2. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
(a) The safety of the Medellín boys in the slums.
(b) A prison he is willing to surrender to.
(c) Security of his money while he is imprisoned.
(d) Safety of his family when he surrenders.
3. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
(a) A letter from Diana.
(b) A minicasette from Diana.
(c) A letter from Don Pacho.
(d) A gold chain and cross from Diana.
4. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
(a) In the city of Bogotá.
(b) Among the jungle farmlands outside of Medellín.
(c) Near the border of Ecuador.
(d) In the city of Medellín.
5. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
(a) She believes his decisions are hard on her but good for all.
(b) She thinks he is an understanding man.
(c) She believes he is just as dishonorable as Escobar.
(d) She thinks he is cold-hearted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity for possible freedom arises when Gorilla is having chest pains?
2. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
3. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
4. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
5. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)