|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
(a) Marina, Maruja, Beatriz and Francisco Santos.
(b) Diana, Richard, Marina, Maruja, Hero and Francisco.
(c) Diana, Maruja, Marina, Beatriz, Juan, and Richard.
(d) Diana, Marina, Maruja, Beatriz, Richard, and Francisco Santos.
2. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
(a) They are not in a position to give the Extraditables what they want.
(b) There is no one fighting for their husband and son's lives.
(c) Both men suffer from chronic health issues.
(d) The men are known to be hotheads and make further trouble.
3. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
(b) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
(c) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
(d) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
4. What city does Escobar threaten to dynamite?
5. What does Maruja share with the new guards?
(b) Stories about her sons.
(c) The devised codes from her family on radio and television.
(d) Her dream that they will grow up straight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
2. Why does Escobar reject the law that gives him immunity from his most feared punishment?
3. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
4. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
5. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)