|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
(b) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(c) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
(d) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
2. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
(a) Nieves brothers.
(b) Priscos brothers.
(c) The Ochoa brothers.
(d) Don Pacho.
3. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
(a) Francisco Santos.
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Diana Turbay.
(d) Melina Guevara.
4. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
(a) The police learn the kidnappers' escape route, so they must leave.
(b) Beatriz figures out their location when she looks out a bathroom window.
(c) To confuse the women further.
(d) Maruja whispers too loudly that she knows where they may be.
5. How does Beatriz find out about Marina's death?
(a) Beatriz asks for Marina's phone number.
(b) Dr. Guerrero tells Beatriz he is happy she did not end up like Marina.
(c) Beatriz hears it on the evening news.
(d) Beatriz asks her guards in the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the guards discover that it is Maruja's birthday?
2. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
3. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
4. What does Maruja, Marina and Beatriz do to keep hope alive?
5. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)