|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
(a) Lack of an effective judicial system.
(b) Corruption within the government.
(c) Economic turmoil that makes drug trafficking tempting.
(d) Politicians fear of assassination, so they never strengthen laws.
2. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
(a) Looks out a window.
(b) Records details of her imprisonment.
(c) Talks to the guards.
(d) Watches television all day long.
3. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(b) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
(c) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(d) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
4. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
(a) Itagüí prison.
(c) Don Fabio's home.
(d) Martha Nieves' home.
5. What does Maruja, Marina and Beatriz do to keep hope alive?
(a) They visualize their release.
(b) They pretend they are at Maruja's apartment.
(c) They play games with the guards.
(d) They share good memories with one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
2. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
3. To what game does Diana compare the negotiations?
4. What sign of mental stress, previously seen in Marina, does Maruja now display?
5. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)