|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(a) Marina Montoya.
(c) Francisco Santos.
(d) Diana Turbay.
2. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
(a) She thinks he is cold-hearted.
(b) She believes his decisions are hard on her but good for all.
(c) She thinks he is an understanding man.
(d) She believes he is just as dishonorable as Escobar.
3. What does Marina see the in the laundry area during her nightly walks with Monk?
(a) A man in black watching her.
(b) Monk's mask as a skull.
(c) A ghost.
(d) The German Shepherd with a devilish grin on her.
4. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
(a) Hearing voices.
5. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
(a) A series of offers that gives indications of possible release.
(b) A counter-offer that leaves families fearing for the hostages' lives.
(c) A series of offers and counteroffers that arrives at nothing.
(d) They never occur because Escobar calls them off.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
2. In 1991, about how many murders occurs in Medellín each day?
3. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
4. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
5. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)