|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
(a) As if they are high in rank.
(b) They guards are given nice suits and fancy watches.
(c) The guards are pretty autonomous.
(d) As if they are prisoners too.
2. Who becomes a strong supporter for Hernando Santos when his son, Francisco Santos, is abducted?
(a) His other sons.
(b) His daughter-in-law.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
3. To what game does Diana compare the negotiations?
4. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
(a) She thinks he is cold-hearted.
(b) She believes he is just as dishonorable as Escobar.
(c) She thinks he is an understanding man.
(d) She believes his decisions are hard on her but good for all.
5. From what illness does Maruja suffer a month after her abduction?
(c) Heart ailments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maruja use to help ease her anxiety during the car ride to the hiding place?
2. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
3. The Santos family learns Pacho is in the northern part of Bogota. How do they know this?
4. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
5. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)