|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
(b) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
(c) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
(d) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
2. How does Diana die?
(a) She is shot and left behind.
(b) The kidnappers kill her before they flee during the raid.
(c) From a random gunshot wound to her waist.
(d) An Elite Corps member shoots her after mistaking her as one of Escobar's men.
3. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
(a) They guards are given nice suits and fancy watches.
(b) As if they are high in rank.
(c) As if they are prisoners too.
(d) The guards are pretty autonomous.
4. What occurs as a consequence of the Priscos' execution?
(a) There is an order to retaliate against the police in Medellín.
(b) There is an order to kill Marina.
(c) There is an order to kill Pacho Santos.
(d) Escobar refuses further negotiations for the time being.
5. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
(a) They are accused of assassinations and being the brains behind the current abductions.
(b) They are the masterminds behind the drug cartel to the U.S.
(c) They are the only ones who know where Escobar resides.
(d) They are in charge of all the hostages during their imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter sent from the Extraditables to Turbay and Santos threaten if they do not receive what they want?
2. How does don Fabio receive Villamizar's request for help?
3. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
4. When is the first person freed?
5. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)