|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
(a) A series of offers and counteroffers that arrives at nothing.
(b) They never occur because Escobar calls them off.
(c) A counter-offer that leaves families fearing for the hostages' lives.
(d) A series of offers that gives indications of possible release.
2. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Alberto Villamizar.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) Guido Parra.
3. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
(a) Cigarettes and magazines.
(b) Coffee and cigarettes.
(c) Breakfast and cigarettes.
(d) Fresh air time and coffee.
4. The guards watching Diana and her crew can be described as _____________.
(a) Always calm.
(b) Uneducated farmhands.
(c) Boys and men in poor condition.
5. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) Maza Márquez.
(b) President Gaviria.
(c) Diego Montaña Cuéllar.
(d) Rafael Pardo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
2. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
3. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
4. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
5. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)