|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
(a) To support Escobar's family when he goes to prison.
(b) A personal prison in Itagüí.
(d) A personal talk with President Gaviria.
2. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
(a) They look at him as their Robin Hood.
(b) With curiosity but complacency.
(c) They are afraid to say anything.
(d) They are angry at the rise in crime.
3. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Guido Parra.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) Alberto Villamizar.
4. Why does Escobar reject the law that gives him immunity from his most feared punishment?
(a) He wants non-extradition offered no matter the situation.
(b) He wants to lower maximum imprisonment despite the number of cases.
(c) He wants to rid of the death penalty altogether.
(d) He believes a drug trafficker should only be imprisoned for one sentence.
5. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Diana Turbay.
(d) Francisco Santos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
2. Who is the first person freed?
3. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
4. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
5. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)