|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
(a) Let a drug trafficker free or allow his family to be killed.
(b) Comply with a law that allows drug traffickers free or overstep their power and imprison them.
(c) Uphold the law and send family members to prison or quit the position.
(d) Threats to buy into drug traffickers' bribes or be killed.
2. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
(a) Nieves brothers.
(b) Don Pacho.
(c) The Ochoa brothers.
(d) Priscos brothers.
3. How do the guards discover that it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) Beatriz and Marina sing "Happy Birthday" to Maruja.
(b) Maruja makes a fuss about it.
(c) From one of Maruja's optimistic games.
(d) During a television show by her children.
4. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
(a) Santos and Turbay turn to prayer as their only hope.
(b) Santos and Turbay are discouraged.
(c) Santos and Turbay believe their children are already dead.
(d) Santos and Turbay are still in a fervor to find their children.
5. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
(a) A safe security prison.
(b) Minimum punishment if they turn themselves in.
(d) Political treatment as the guerrillas get them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
2. Maruja and Beatriz are soon joined by another hostage. When was this person kidnapped?
3. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
4. What encourages Escobar to continue communiqués with Villamizar?
5. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)