|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what game does Diana compare the negotiations?
2. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
(a) Records details of her imprisonment.
(b) Talks to the guards.
(c) Watches television all day long.
(d) Looks out a window.
3. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
(a) Secure prison from his enemies.
(b) Multiple sentences issue.
(c) Safety for his family.
(d) Extradition issue.
4. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
(a) Let a drug trafficker free or allow his family to be killed.
(b) Threats to buy into drug traffickers' bribes or be killed.
(c) Comply with a law that allows drug traffickers free or overstep their power and imprison them.
(d) Uphold the law and send family members to prison or quit the position.
5. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
(a) Diana, Maruja, Marina, Beatriz, Juan, and Richard.
(b) Marina, Maruja, Beatriz and Francisco Santos.
(c) Diana, Richard, Marina, Maruja, Hero and Francisco.
(d) Diana, Marina, Maruja, Beatriz, Richard, and Francisco Santos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
2. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
3. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
4. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
5. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)