|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
(a) Hair similarities.
(b) The up market clothes and well-groomed nails.
(c) A tattoo.
(d) Dental records.
2. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
(a) Martha Nieves.
(b) Angelina Ochoa.
(c) Nydia Quintero.
3. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
(a) Minimum punishment if they turn themselves in.
(b) A safe security prison.
(c) Political treatment as the guerrillas get them.
4. In Dr. Guerrero's state with his wife kidnapped, what does he decide to do?
(a) Close his practice for the time being.
(b) Concentrate on his work even more.
(c) Move in with his family for support.
(d) See a psychotherapist.
5. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
(a) Politicians fear of assassination, so they never strengthen laws.
(b) Lack of an effective judicial system.
(c) Economic turmoil that makes drug trafficking tempting.
(d) Corruption within the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
2. Why is Beatriz a target?
3. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
4. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
5. The Santos family learns Pacho is in the northern part of Bogota. How do they know this?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)