|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that confirms Maruja's thoughts about Marina's ending?
(a) They put Beatriz' hood on with the eyeholes forward instead of backwards.
(b) When Beatriz leaves, the boss is more light-hearted in demeanor.
(c) The guards are not sullen when Beatriz leaves like the day Marina left.
(d) Majordomo offers to return the television when Beatriz leaves.
2. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
(a) Elite Corps efforts to find the abductors.
(b) The Extraditables bombed numerous police stations.
(c) The Cali cartel bombs the area to create confusion for the Extraditables.
(d) Bombings by urban guerrillas.
3. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
(a) They can stand without asking for permission.
(b) They can talk freely in regular voice volumes.
(c) They can go to the bathroom when they wish.
(d) They can request certain meals a few times a week.
4. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) They are sympathetic.
(b) They do not acknowledge it.
(c) They give her extra lentils for lunch.
(d) They tell Maruja to stop whining about it.
5. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(b) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
(c) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
(d) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
2. What sign of mental stress, previously seen in Marina, does Maruja now display?
3. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
4. What does Maruja use to help ease her anxiety during the car ride to the hiding place?
5. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)