|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
(a) Uphold the law and send family members to prison or quit the position.
(b) Threats to buy into drug traffickers' bribes or be killed.
(c) Let a drug trafficker free or allow his family to be killed.
(d) Comply with a law that allows drug traffickers free or overstep their power and imprison them.
2. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
3. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
(a) Lack of an effective judicial system.
(b) Economic turmoil that makes drug trafficking tempting.
(c) Corruption within the government.
(d) Politicians fear of assassination, so they never strengthen laws.
4. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
(a) He is the co-founder of New Liberalism.
(b) He is Escobar's right hand man.
(c) He is the leader of the Army of National Liberation.
(d) He is the director of "El Tiempo."
5. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
(b) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(c) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(d) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marina spend her New Year's Eve?
2. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
3. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
4. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
5. To what game does Diana compare the negotiations?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)