|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what illness does Maruja suffer a month after her abduction?
(a) Heart ailments.
2. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
(a) The guards stop bringing in the newspapers.
(b) The guards take away the radio and television.
(c) New guards are brought in that know nothing about the past.
(d) The guards do not allow television and radio for a week.
3. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
4. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
(a) Unpredictable behavior seen in Escobar.
(b) Unfair punishments for the men in their lives.
(c) Fear for their lives if they talk with Nydia.
(d) Police brutality.
5. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
(a) Ask Beatriz to bring back devised codes for the radio and television.
(b) With Damaris' help, get Beatriz flowers as a gift.
(c) Dress up and put on make-up for a release celebration.
(d) With Damaris' help, have a dinner of meat and potatoes instead of lentils.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
2. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
3. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
4. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
5. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)