|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
(a) A time for prayer to the Holy Infant once a day.
(b) One-on-one conversations with Beatriz to keep focus on reality.
(c) A cigarette as soon as she wakes up to the gloomy mornings.
(d) Two hours of solitude a day.
2. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
(a) Diana Turbay is dead.
(b) A rescue mission saved Richard.
(c) Marina is dead.
(d) He believes they will survive the situation.
3. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
(a) He helps write the drug trafficking laws.
(b) He had been Secretary General to the President.
(c) He is the man that ousted the Virgilio Barco government.
(d) He is responsible for the M-19 downfall.
4. What opportunity for possible freedom arises when Gorilla is having chest pains?
(a) Maruja and Beatrix have access to submachine guns.
(b) Gorilla asks Maruja to find the majordomo for help.
(c) The second guard asks for the women's help to bring Gorilla to the hospital.
(d) The second guard sends Beatriz to the pharmacy for medicine.
5. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
(b) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(c) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(d) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
2. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
3. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
4. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
5. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)