|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
2. Who does Villamizar call for help?
(a) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(b) Julio César, another hostage's family member.
(c) Manuel Perez, a friend of Alberto's.
(d) César Gaviria, the President.
3. How is Diana distracted after her separation from Azucena?
(a) She is told she can write letters to her husband.
(b) She is told she can write apology letters to her crew's families.
(c) She is told she will have an interview with Escobar.
(d) She turns to praying to the Holy Infant.
4. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
(a) Threats to buy into drug traffickers' bribes or be killed.
(b) Let a drug trafficker free or allow his family to be killed.
(c) Uphold the law and send family members to prison or quit the position.
(d) Comply with a law that allows drug traffickers free or overstep their power and imprison them.
5. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
(a) A drug trafficker's ability to leave Colombia.
(b) Escobar's ability to gain office in government.
(c) A drug trafficker's punishment.
(d) Escobar's freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
2. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
3. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
4. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
5. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)