|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) They are sympathetic.
(b) They do not acknowledge it.
(c) They tell Maruja to stop whining about it.
(d) They give her extra lentils for lunch.
2. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
(b) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
(c) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
(d) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
3. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A psychotherapist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A physical therapist.
4. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
(a) He is the leader of the Army of National Liberation.
(b) He is the director of "El Tiempo."
(c) He is Escobar's right hand man.
(d) He is the co-founder of New Liberalism.
5. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
(a) Escobar's daughter is taken hostage by the law.
(b) Decree 303.
(c) Nieves and Quintero are able to convince him.
(d) The Ochoa brothers threaten him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
2. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
3. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
4. Why is Beatriz a target?
5. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)