|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
(a) One cut to the throat.
(b) Numerous bullets throughout the trunk of the body.
(c) Hung in public.
(d) Bullets to the head.
2. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
(a) One-on-one conversations with Beatriz to keep focus on reality.
(b) A cigarette as soon as she wakes up to the gloomy mornings.
(c) Two hours of solitude a day.
(d) A time for prayer to the Holy Infant once a day.
3. What occurs as a consequence of the Priscos' execution?
(a) There is an order to kill Marina.
(b) Escobar refuses further negotiations for the time being.
(c) There is an order to retaliate against the police in Medellín.
(d) There is an order to kill Pacho Santos.
4. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
(a) The abductors hijack their news van.
(b) The abductors break into each person's individual home in the middle of night.
(c) Manuel Perez captures them during an interview and hands them over.
(d) The abductors promise them an interview.
5. How do the majordomo and his wife treat Maruja's on her birthday?
(a) They bring champagne and cake to celebrate.
(b) They let her walk outside the enclosed courtyard as a gift.
(c) They give her a cupcake for dessert.
(d) They allow her to write a letter to send to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
2. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
3. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
4. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
5. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)