|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
(a) Diana and her crew are usually in shacks rather than a house.
(b) Diana and her crew know exactly where they are.
(c) Diana and her crew are in the middle of a busy city.
(d) Diana's group is closer to Medellín and not in Bogotá.
2. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
(a) Decree 3030.
(b) Decree 2047.
(c) National Narcotics Statute of 1985.
(d) Decree 303.
3. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
(a) That Parra is a brilliant negotiator.
(b) That Parra is a crooked opportunist.
(c) That Parra is dangerous for his intelligence of the law.
(d) That Parra is a serious man but with no real direction.
4. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
(a) Diana, Marina, Maruja, Beatriz, Richard, and Francisco Santos.
(b) Diana, Richard, Marina, Maruja, Hero and Francisco.
(c) Marina, Maruja, Beatriz and Francisco Santos.
(d) Diana, Maruja, Marina, Beatriz, Juan, and Richard.
5. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
(a) Inability to extradite the suspect.
(b) Lack of evidence to convict.
(c) Public safety during the attempts to physically capture any of the terrorists.
(d) Retaliation from the cartel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
2. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
3. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
4. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
5. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)