|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) They tell Maruja to stop whining about it.
(b) They give her extra lentils for lunch.
(c) They are sympathetic.
(d) They do not acknowledge it.
2. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
(a) A drug trafficker's ability to leave Colombia.
(b) A drug trafficker's punishment.
(c) Escobar's freedom.
(d) Escobar's ability to gain office in government.
3. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A psychotherapist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A physical therapist.
4. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
(a) Magazines and television.
(b) Radio and newspapers.
(c) Radio and television.
(d) Newspapers and magazines.
5. How is Diana distracted after her separation from Azucena?
(a) She is told she can write letters to her husband.
(b) She is told she can write apology letters to her crew's families.
(c) She is told she will have an interview with Escobar.
(d) She turns to praying to the Holy Infant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
2. After the Notables negotiation failure, what news does Pardo give Villamizar to have something to look forward to?
3. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
4. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
5. What does the letter sent from the Extraditables to Turbay and Santos threaten if they do not receive what they want?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)