|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the guards discover that it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) During a television show by her children.
(b) Beatriz and Marina sing "Happy Birthday" to Maruja.
(c) From one of Maruja's optimistic games.
(d) Maruja makes a fuss about it.
2. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Marìa Santiago.
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Germán Montoya.
(d) Alvaro Diego.
3. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
(a) Escobar's daughter is taken hostage by the law.
(b) Nieves and Quintero are able to convince him.
(c) The Ochoa brothers threaten him.
(d) Decree 303.
4. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(b) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(c) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
(d) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
5. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
(a) It is by the orders of Maza Márquez.
(b) It is by the orders of Rafael Pardo.
(c) The raid is meant to seize Escobar.
(d) Gaviria orders the operation because of information from anonymous phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
2. How do the majordomo and his wife treat Maruja's on her birthday?
3. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
4. What does the letter sent from the Extraditables to Turbay and Santos threaten if they do not receive what they want?
5. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)