|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Alberto Villamizar.
(b) Rafael Pardo.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Guido Parra.
2. How does Marina spend her New Year's Eve?
(a) Quietly in the corner.
(b) She dances all night without music.
(c) She drinks and tries drugs with the guards.
(d) Laughing and joking with the guards.
3. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
(a) A letter from Don Pacho.
(b) A minicasette from Diana.
(c) A gold chain and cross from Diana.
(d) A letter from Diana.
4. What does Maruja use to help ease her anxiety during the car ride to the hiding place?
(c) Cardamom seeds.
(d) Sunflower seeds.
5. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
(a) A counter-offer that leaves families fearing for the hostages' lives.
(b) A series of offers that gives indications of possible release.
(c) They never occur because Escobar calls them off.
(d) A series of offers and counteroffers that arrives at nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
2. From what illness does Maruja suffer a month after her abduction?
3. Why does Escobar reject the law that gives him immunity from his most feared punishment?
4. After Gaviria's response to the deaths, how do the Extraditables answer?
5. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)