|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Villamizar call for help?
(a) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(b) Julio César, another hostage's family member.
(c) Manuel Perez, a friend of Alberto's.
(d) César Gaviria, the President.
2. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
(a) The abductors break into each person's individual home in the middle of night.
(b) The abductors promise them an interview.
(c) The abductors hijack their news van.
(d) Manuel Perez captures them during an interview and hands them over.
3. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
(b) Virgilio Barco.
(c) New Liberalism.
4. The Santos family learns Pacho is in the northern part of Bogota. How do they know this?
(a) Pacho reads a headline from a local edition newspaper on a minicassette to prove he's alive.
(b) Guido Parra slips during a negotiation with the Notables.
(c) Hernando's friend recognizes Pacho's voice coming from an abandoned house.
(d) Pacho talks of clues in a minicassette sent to the family to prove he's alive.
5. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
(a) Diana and her crew are in the middle of a busy city.
(b) Diana and her crew are usually in shacks rather than a house.
(c) Diana and her crew know exactly where they are.
(d) Diana's group is closer to Medellín and not in Bogotá.
Short Answer Questions
1. The guards watching Diana and her crew can be described as _____________.
2. What does Marina see the in the laundry area during her nightly walks with Monk?
3. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
4. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
5. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)