|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who exposes Escobar when he attempts to infiltrate the New Liberalism Party?
(a) Rodrigo lara Bonilla.
(b) Luis Carlos Galán.
(c) Alberto Villamizar.
(d) Manuel Perez.
2. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
(a) She thinks he is an understanding man.
(b) She believes his decisions are hard on her but good for all.
(c) She thinks he is cold-hearted.
(d) She believes he is just as dishonorable as Escobar.
3. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) The kidnappers grab the women as they walk to their car after work.
(b) The kidnappers crash into Maruja's car and quickly grab the women.
(c) The kidnappers wait for a red light to whisk the women into another vehicle.
(d) The kidnappers grab the women when they exit the car to enter Maruja's home.
4. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
(a) Hung in public.
(b) Bullets to the head.
(c) One cut to the throat.
(d) Numerous bullets throughout the trunk of the body.
5. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
(a) Beatriz figures out their location when she looks out a bathroom window.
(b) To confuse the women further.
(c) Maruja whispers too loudly that she knows where they may be.
(d) The police learn the kidnappers' escape route, so they must leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
2. How does Nydia achieve contact with Escobar?
3. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
4. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
5. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)