|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The guards watching Diana and her crew can be described as _____________.
(b) Boys and men in poor condition.
(c) Always calm.
(d) Uneducated farmhands.
2. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) They are sympathetic.
(b) They give her extra lentils for lunch.
(c) They tell Maruja to stop whining about it.
(d) They do not acknowledge it.
3. When are Maruja and Beatriz kidnapped?
(a) November 27.
(b) November 7.
(c) August 30.
(d) October 31.
4. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
(a) New guards are brought in that know nothing about the past.
(b) The guards stop bringing in the newspapers.
(c) The guards do not allow television and radio for a week.
(d) The guards take away the radio and television.
5. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
(a) He is thrown out of the car and left behind.
(b) He is hit unconscious.
(c) He is shot to death.
(d) He is temporarily knocked out with chloroform.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the majordomo and his wife treat Maruja's on her birthday?
2. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
3. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
4. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
5. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)