|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
(a) Death penalty.
(b) Multiple sentences.
(c) Lifetime imprisonment.
2. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Guido Parra.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Alberto Villamizar.
(d) Rafael Pardo.
3. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
(a) Santos and Turbay are discouraged.
(b) Santos and Turbay turn to prayer as their only hope.
(c) Santos and Turbay believe their children are already dead.
(d) Santos and Turbay are still in a fervor to find their children.
4. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
(b) New Liberalism.
(d) Virgilio Barco.
5. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
(a) One-on-one conversations with Beatriz to keep focus on reality.
(b) Two hours of solitude a day.
(c) A time for prayer to the Holy Infant once a day.
(d) A cigarette as soon as she wakes up to the gloomy mornings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marina see the in the laundry area during her nightly walks with Monk?
2. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
3. What sign of mental stress, previously seen in Marina, does Maruja now display?
4. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
5. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)