|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
(a) Diana, Maruja, Marina, Beatriz, Juan, and Richard.
(b) Diana, Richard, Marina, Maruja, Hero and Francisco.
(c) Diana, Marina, Maruja, Beatriz, Richard, and Francisco Santos.
(d) Marina, Maruja, Beatriz and Francisco Santos.
2. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
(a) New Liberalism.
(b) Virgilio Barco.
3. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(b) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(c) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(d) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
4. After the Notables negotiation failure, what news does Pardo give Villamizar to have something to look forward to?
(a) Pardo's department receives a minicassette from Maruja.
(b) Nydia has leads on Escobar is location.
(c) Another decree is being worked on to amend the first rejected one.
(d) President Gaviria is putting more forces to work to help negotiate with Parra.
5. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
(c) Over the counter ibuprofen.
(d) More reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
2. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
3. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
4. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
5. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)