|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
(a) He had been Secretary General to the President.
(b) He is responsible for the M-19 downfall.
(c) He is the man that ousted the Virgilio Barco government.
(d) He helps write the drug trafficking laws.
2. Who becomes a strong supporter for Hernando Santos when his son, Francisco Santos, is abducted?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter-in-law.
(c) His brother.
(d) His other sons.
3. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
(b) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
(c) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
(d) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
4. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
(a) They can talk freely in regular voice volumes.
(b) They can go to the bathroom when they wish.
(c) They can stand without asking for permission.
(d) They can request certain meals a few times a week.
5. When is the first person freed?
(a) November 22.
(b) December 12.
(c) November 26.
(d) December 7.
Short Answer Questions
1. The feelings of the kidnappers during the abduction can be described as __________.
2. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
3. For whom does Maruja work?
4. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
5. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)