|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
2. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
(a) A series of offers and counteroffers that arrives at nothing.
(b) A series of offers that gives indications of possible release.
(c) They never occur because Escobar calls them off.
(d) A counter-offer that leaves families fearing for the hostages' lives.
3. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
(a) A thin T-shirt and long pants.
(b) One long sleeve shirt and long pants.
(c) Prisoner's overalls.
(d) Sweat suits.
4. Who becomes a strong supporter for Hernando Santos when his son, Francisco Santos, is abducted?
(a) His daughter-in-law.
(b) His wife.
(c) His other sons.
(d) His brother.
5. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A psychotherapist.
(d) A physical therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
2. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
3. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
4. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
5. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)