|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the guards discover that it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) From one of Maruja's optimistic games.
(b) Beatriz and Marina sing "Happy Birthday" to Maruja.
(c) During a television show by her children.
(d) Maruja makes a fuss about it.
2. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) They tell Maruja to stop whining about it.
(b) They are sympathetic.
(c) They give her extra lentils for lunch.
(d) They do not acknowledge it.
3. How does Marina spend her New Year's Eve?
(a) Laughing and joking with the guards.
(b) She drinks and tries drugs with the guards.
(c) She dances all night without music.
(d) Quietly in the corner.
4. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
(a) Magazines and television.
(b) Newspapers and magazines.
(c) Radio and newspapers.
(d) Radio and television.
5. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
(b) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(c) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
(d) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
2. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
3. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
4. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
5. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)