|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
(b) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
(c) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
(d) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
2. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
(b) Virgilio Barco.
(c) New Liberalism.
3. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
(a) Diana, Maruja, Marina, Beatriz, Juan, and Richard.
(b) Diana, Marina, Maruja, Beatriz, Richard, and Francisco Santos.
(c) Diana, Richard, Marina, Maruja, Hero and Francisco.
(d) Marina, Maruja, Beatriz and Francisco Santos.
4. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) They tell Maruja to stop whining about it.
(b) They give her extra lentils for lunch.
(c) They do not acknowledge it.
(d) They are sympathetic.
5. The hostages' living conditions are __________.
(a) Meticulously clean.
(c) Filled with cockroaches and rats.
(d) Bare and sterile.
Short Answer Questions
1. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
2. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
3. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
4. How does Marina spend her New Year's Eve?
5. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)