|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
(c) Over the counter ibuprofen.
(d) More reading.
2. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
(a) Azucena's wedding anniversary is coming up.
(b) Azucena is having hallucinations.
(c) Azucena believes she is pregnant.
(d) Azucena's father is in the hospital.
3. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
(a) He is thrown out of the car and left behind.
(b) He is hit unconscious.
(c) He is temporarily knocked out with chloroform.
(d) He is shot to death.
4. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(b) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(c) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
(d) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
5. Why is Beatriz a target?
(a) Beatriz's kidnapping is not intentional.
(b) Beatriz is the aunt of the Secretary General.
(c) Beatriz is the wife of a well-known politician.
(d) Beatriz is the mistress of Albert Villamizar, a famous politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
2. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
3. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
4. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
5. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)