|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) The kidnappers grab the women when they exit the car to enter Maruja's home.
(b) The kidnappers wait for a red light to whisk the women into another vehicle.
(c) The kidnappers crash into Maruja's car and quickly grab the women.
(d) The kidnappers grab the women as they walk to their car after work.
2. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
(a) Santos and Turbay believe their children are already dead.
(b) Santos and Turbay are discouraged.
(c) Santos and Turbay are still in a fervor to find their children.
(d) Santos and Turbay turn to prayer as their only hope.
3. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Diana Turbay.
(d) Francisco Santos.
4. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She starts a diary.
(b) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
(c) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
(d) She gives up hope.
5. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
(a) Fresh air time and coffee.
(b) Cigarettes and magazines.
(c) Breakfast and cigarettes.
(d) Coffee and cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
2. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
3. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
4. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
5. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)