|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
(d) Hearing voices.
2. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
(a) As if they are prisoners too.
(b) They guards are given nice suits and fancy watches.
(c) As if they are high in rank.
(d) The guards are pretty autonomous.
3. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
(a) Escobar's freedom.
(b) Escobar's ability to gain office in government.
(c) A drug trafficker's ability to leave Colombia.
(d) A drug trafficker's punishment.
4. Maruja and Beatriz are soon joined by another hostage. When was this person kidnapped?
(a) The previous week.
(b) The same day.
(c) Three months earlier.
(d) Spring of 1990.
5. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
(a) Azucena's father is in the hospital.
(b) Azucena is having hallucinations.
(c) Azucena believes she is pregnant.
(d) Azucena's wedding anniversary is coming up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first hiding place located?
2. Who does Villamizar call for help?
3. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
4. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
5. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)