|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maruja use to help ease her anxiety during the car ride to the hiding place?
(c) Cardamom seeds.
(d) Sunflower seeds.
2. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
(a) Over the counter ibuprofen.
(d) More reading.
3. Why is Beatriz a target?
(a) Beatriz is the mistress of Albert Villamizar, a famous politician.
(b) Beatriz is the wife of a well-known politician.
(c) Beatriz's kidnapping is not intentional.
(d) Beatriz is the aunt of the Secretary General.
4. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She starts a diary.
(b) She gives up hope.
(c) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
(d) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
5. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
(a) He is the director of "El Tiempo."
(b) He is the leader of the Army of National Liberation.
(c) He is the co-founder of New Liberalism.
(d) He is Escobar's right hand man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
2. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
3. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
4. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
5. When are Maruja and Beatriz kidnapped?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)