|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
2. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
(a) She throws her jewelry at them, thinking it is a burglary.
(b) She spits at the first man and starts running.
(c) She is paralyzed and cannot move.
(d) She attempts to hide on the floor of the car.
3. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
(a) A dead girl lying on the side of the road in Medellín.
(b) The random taxi driver in Medellín works for Escobar.
(c) The size of Escobar's entourage when Luis meets him.
(d) Escobar's message to Luis via Rosalía.
4. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
(b) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
(c) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
(d) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
5. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
(a) Prisoner's overalls.
(b) One long sleeve shirt and long pants.
(c) A thin T-shirt and long pants.
(d) Sweat suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
2. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
3. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
4. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
5. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)