|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
(a) Beatriz figures out their location when she looks out a bathroom window.
(b) The police learn the kidnappers' escape route, so they must leave.
(c) To confuse the women further.
(d) Maruja whispers too loudly that she knows where they may be.
2. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
(a) More reading.
(d) Over the counter ibuprofen.
3. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
(a) Diana Turbay.
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Francisco Santos.
(d) Melina Guevara.
4. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
(a) The abductors break into each person's individual home in the middle of night.
(b) The abductors promise them an interview.
(c) The abductors hijack their news van.
(d) Manuel Perez captures them during an interview and hands them over.
5. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
(a) Two hours of solitude a day.
(b) A time for prayer to the Holy Infant once a day.
(c) One-on-one conversations with Beatriz to keep focus on reality.
(d) A cigarette as soon as she wakes up to the gloomy mornings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
2. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
3. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
4. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
5. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)