|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
(a) She attempts to hide on the floor of the car.
(b) She spits at the first man and starts running.
(c) She throws her jewelry at them, thinking it is a burglary.
(d) She is paralyzed and cannot move.
2. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
(a) As if they are high in rank.
(b) They guards are given nice suits and fancy watches.
(c) As if they are prisoners too.
(d) The guards are pretty autonomous.
3. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Germán Montoya.
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Alvaro Diego.
(d) Marìa Santiago.
4. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
(a) Maruja tells them.
(b) Marina tells them.
(c) From a television news report.
(d) Through a radio announcement.
5. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
2. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
3. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
4. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
5. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)