|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
(a) The police learn the kidnappers' escape route, so they must leave.
(b) To confuse the women further.
(c) Beatriz figures out their location when she looks out a bathroom window.
(d) Maruja whispers too loudly that she knows where they may be.
2. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
(a) He is responsible for the M-19 downfall.
(b) He helps write the drug trafficking laws.
(c) He is the man that ousted the Virgilio Barco government.
(d) He had been Secretary General to the President.
3. For whom does Maruja work?
(b) She is an actress.
(c) Parque Nacional.
(d) National Radio Network.
4. When are Maruja and Beatriz kidnapped?
(a) November 27.
(b) November 7.
(c) October 31.
(d) August 30.
5. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
(b) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
(c) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
(d) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
2. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
3. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
4. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
5. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)