|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
(a) He had been Secretary General to the President.
(b) He helps write the drug trafficking laws.
(c) He is responsible for the M-19 downfall.
(d) He is the man that ousted the Virgilio Barco government.
2. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
(a) Santos and Turbay are still in a fervor to find their children.
(b) Santos and Turbay are discouraged.
(c) Santos and Turbay believe their children are already dead.
(d) Santos and Turbay turn to prayer as their only hope.
3. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(b) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(c) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
(d) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
4. Maruja and Beatriz are soon joined by another hostage. When was this person kidnapped?
(a) Spring of 1990.
(b) The previous week.
(c) The same day.
(d) Three months earlier.
5. Where is the first hiding place located?
(a) La Calera.
(b) La Tercera.
(c) El Calle.
(d) La Castellanos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Villamizar call for help?
2. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
3. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
4. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
5. Why is Beatriz a target?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)