|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) The kidnappers grab the women when they exit the car to enter Maruja's home.
(b) The kidnappers grab the women as they walk to their car after work.
(c) The kidnappers crash into Maruja's car and quickly grab the women.
(d) The kidnappers wait for a red light to whisk the women into another vehicle.
2. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
(b) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(c) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(d) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
3. Who does Villamizar call for help?
(a) Manuel Perez, a friend of Alberto's.
(b) Julio César, another hostage's family member.
(c) César Gaviria, the President.
(d) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
4. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
(a) Julio César Turbay.
(b) Virgilio Barco.
(c) César Gaviria.
(d) Belisario Betancur.
5. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
2. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
3. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
4. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
5. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)