|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
(a) Marina Montoya.
(b) Melina Guevara.
(c) Francisco Santos.
(d) Diana Turbay.
2. The hostages' living conditions are __________.
(a) Filled with cockroaches and rats.
(c) Bare and sterile.
(d) Meticulously clean.
3. What does Maruja use to help ease her anxiety during the car ride to the hiding place?
(b) Sunflower seeds.
(d) Cardamom seeds.
4. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(b) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(c) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(d) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
5. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
(a) He is the co-founder of New Liberalism.
(b) He is the director of "El Tiempo."
(c) He is the leader of the Army of National Liberation.
(d) He is Escobar's right hand man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
2. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
3. Who does Villamizar call for help?
4. Who exposes Escobar when he attempts to infiltrate the New Liberalism Party?
5. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)