|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
(a) A drug trafficker's punishment.
(b) Escobar's freedom.
(c) A drug trafficker's ability to leave Colombia.
(d) Escobar's ability to gain office in government.
2. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(b) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
(c) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(d) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
3. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
(b) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
(c) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
(d) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
4. When are Maruja and Beatriz kidnapped?
(a) November 27.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 7.
(d) August 30.
5. The hostages' living conditions are __________.
(a) Bare and sterile.
(c) Filled with cockroaches and rats.
(d) Meticulously clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
2. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
3. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
4. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
5. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)