|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(b) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(c) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(d) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
2. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
(a) Francisco Santos.
(b) Melina Guevara.
(c) Marina Montoya.
(d) Diana Turbay.
3. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
(b) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(c) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
(d) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
4. The hostages' living conditions are __________.
(a) Bare and sterile.
(c) Meticulously clean.
(d) Filled with cockroaches and rats.
5. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
(a) Belisario Betancur.
(b) Virgilio Barco.
(c) César Gaviria.
(d) Julio César Turbay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
2. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
3. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
4. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
5. Where is the first hiding place located?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)