|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Escobar threaten to dynamite?
2. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) They are sympathetic.
(b) They give her extra lentils for lunch.
(c) They tell Maruja to stop whining about it.
(d) They do not acknowledge it.
3. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
(a) New Liberalism.
(b) Virgilio Barco.
4. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Marìa Santiago.
(b) Alvaro Diego.
(c) Marina Montoya.
(d) Germán Montoya.
5. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
(a) Comply with a law that allows drug traffickers free or overstep their power and imprison them.
(b) Threats to buy into drug traffickers' bribes or be killed.
(c) Uphold the law and send family members to prison or quit the position.
(d) Let a drug trafficker free or allow his family to be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
2. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
3. For whom does Maruja work?
4. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
5. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)