|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What negotiation does Escobar initiate on his own?
(a) He wants Villamizar to represent him as his negotiator with the government in exchange for Maruja's release.
(b) He asks don Fabio to speak on his behalf in exchange for money to care for the Ochoa women.
(c) He requests that Hernando publish two texts in exchange for Pacho.
(d) He asks President Gaviria for amnesty for Maruja's and Pacho's release.
2. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
(a) Watches television all day long.
(b) Records details of her imprisonment.
(c) Talks to the guards.
(d) Looks out a window.
3. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
(a) He is the co-founder of New Liberalism.
(b) He is Escobar's right hand man.
(c) He is the director of "El Tiempo."
(d) He is the leader of the Army of National Liberation.
4. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
(b) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
(c) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
(d) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
5. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
(a) A thin T-shirt and long pants.
(b) Sweat suits.
(c) One long sleeve shirt and long pants.
(d) Prisoner's overalls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1991, about how many murders occurs in Medellín each day?
2. After Gaviria's response to the deaths, how do the Extraditables answer?
3. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
4. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
5. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)