|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
(a) Santos and Turbay turn to prayer as their only hope.
(b) Santos and Turbay are discouraged.
(c) Santos and Turbay believe their children are already dead.
(d) Santos and Turbay are still in a fervor to find their children.
2. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
(a) Police brutality.
(b) Fear for their lives if they talk with Nydia.
(c) Unfair punishments for the men in their lives.
(d) Unpredictable behavior seen in Escobar.
3. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Alvaro Diego.
(b) Germán Montoya.
(c) Marìa Santiago.
(d) Marina Montoya.
4. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
(a) Bombings by urban guerrillas.
(b) The Cali cartel bombs the area to create confusion for the Extraditables.
(c) Elite Corps efforts to find the abductors.
(d) The Extraditables bombed numerous police stations.
5. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
(a) He is Escobar's right hand man.
(b) He is the director of "El Tiempo."
(c) He is the leader of the Army of National Liberation.
(d) He is the co-founder of New Liberalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
2. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
3. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
4. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
5. Why is Beatriz a target?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)