|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
(a) Lack of an effective judicial system.
(b) Economic turmoil that makes drug trafficking tempting.
(c) Politicians fear of assassination, so they never strengthen laws.
(d) Corruption within the government.
2. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
(a) The main captains are to surrender and be imprisoned with him.
(b) They plan to leave the country a day before Escobar's date of surrender.
(c) They are free to go since there is no direct evidence linked to them.
(d) They are tried separately for their crimes.
3. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
(b) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
(c) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
(d) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
4. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
5. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
(a) No one.
(b) Rafael Pardo.
(d) Dr. Guerrero.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
2. What occurs as a consequence of the Priscos' execution?
3. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
4. What does Maruja, Marina and Beatriz do to keep hope alive?
5. How does Nydia achieve contact with Escobar?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)