|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
2. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
(b) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
(c) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
(d) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
3. The Santos family learns Pacho is in the northern part of Bogota. How do they know this?
(a) Guido Parra slips during a negotiation with the Notables.
(b) Pacho talks of clues in a minicassette sent to the family to prove he's alive.
(c) Pacho reads a headline from a local edition newspaper on a minicassette to prove he's alive.
(d) Hernando's friend recognizes Pacho's voice coming from an abandoned house.
4. What opportunity for possible freedom arises when Gorilla is having chest pains?
(a) The second guard sends Beatriz to the pharmacy for medicine.
(b) The second guard asks for the women's help to bring Gorilla to the hospital.
(c) Maruja and Beatrix have access to submachine guns.
(d) Gorilla asks Maruja to find the majordomo for help.
5. What city does Escobar threaten to dynamite?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Beatriz a target?
2. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
3. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
4. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
5. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)