|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marina's condition when she is called by the guards to get ready to leave?
(a) Ready and waiting.
(b) Full of anticipation of release.
(c) Oblivious to the threat of being a hostage.
2. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
(a) Their reflections in the mirror.
(b) Damaris is angry Beatriz has to go.
(c) One of the guards cries when Beatriz hugs him goodbye.
(d) Beatriz' clothes are tight-fitting.
3. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Rafael Pardo.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Alberto Villamizar.
(d) Guido Parra.
4. What encourages Escobar to continue communiqués with Villamizar?
(a) Don Fabio vouches for Villamizar.
(b) Villamizar and President Gaviria are observed as close friends.
(c) Active investigations into the Elite Corps.
(d) Villamizar is a powerful politician in the Constituent Assembly.
5. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) The kidnappers grab the women when they exit the car to enter Maruja's home.
(b) The kidnappers grab the women as they walk to their car after work.
(c) The kidnappers crash into Maruja's car and quickly grab the women.
(d) The kidnappers wait for a red light to whisk the women into another vehicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
2. What does Marina see the in the laundry area during her nightly walks with Monk?
3. What city does Escobar threaten to dynamite?
4. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
5. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)