|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
(a) Virgilio Barco.
(c) New Liberalism.
2. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
(a) Gloria Pachón, Beatriz's sister.
(b) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(c) Luis Carlos Galán, Maruja's brother in-law.
(d) Luis Carlos Galán, Beatriz's brother.
3. How does Diana die?
(a) She is shot and left behind.
(b) An Elite Corps member shoots her after mistaking her as one of Escobar's men.
(c) The kidnappers kill her before they flee during the raid.
(d) From a random gunshot wound to her waist.
4. How does Escobar receive Father Herreros request to meet?
(a) He tells don Fabio he is anxious but excited to meet the Father.
(b) He sends a communiqué saying he is honored but is unable to meet.
(c) He tells Villamizar to bring the Father to La Loma so they can meet.
(d) Escobar accepts the Father's request at the Father's convenience.
5. What does Gaviria decide to do after the first hostage deaths?
(a) Offer non-extradition to all who come forth at any time.
(b) Send a message to Escobar that he will not yield.
(c) Change the capitulation policy date in the decree.
(d) Investigate possibilities of assassinating Escobar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
2. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
3. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
4. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
5. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)