|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the guards discover that it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) From one of Maruja's optimistic games.
(b) Beatriz and Marina sing "Happy Birthday" to Maruja.
(c) Maruja makes a fuss about it.
(d) During a television show by her children.
2. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
(b) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
(c) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
(d) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
3. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
(a) In the city of Bogotá.
(b) In the city of Medellín.
(c) Near the border of Ecuador.
(d) Among the jungle farmlands outside of Medellín.
4. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
(b) When an important futbol game is on.
(c) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
(d) At every 7:30 evening news.
5. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
(b) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
(c) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
(d) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maruja use to help ease her anxiety during the car ride to the hiding place?
2. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
3. How is Diana distracted after her separation from Azucena?
4. Who exposes Escobar when he attempts to infiltrate the New Liberalism Party?
5. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)