|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes through a social change from a fearful victim to public star?
(a) Pacho's wife.
(c) Martha Nieves.
(d) Dr. Guerrero.
2. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
(b) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
(c) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
(d) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
3. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
(a) Two guards now take walks with her instead of just Damaris.
(b) She sees an armed guard right outside.
(c) The man in black Marina once saw is real to Maruja.
(d) The German shepherd is trained to bark at her.
4. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
(a) Virgilio Barco.
(b) Julio César Turbay.
(c) César Gaviria.
(d) Belisario Betancur.
5. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
(a) A personal talk with President Gaviria.
(b) To support Escobar's family when he goes to prison.
(d) A personal prison in Itagüí.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
2. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
3. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
4. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
5. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)