|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
(b) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
(c) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
(d) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
2. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
(a) A picture of his family in the paper.
(b) Rereading a letter he wrote to his wife while imprisoned.
(c) A column in "El Tiempo" specifically telling Pacho not to think about it.
(d) A deep conversation with one of the guards.
3. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
(a) Safety for his family.
(b) Multiple sentences issue.
(c) Secure prison from his enemies.
(d) Extradition issue.
4. The attitude shown during days of waiting for Father Herreros and Escobar to meet can be described as __________.
(a) Impatient for Escobar.
(b) Relieving for Villamizar.
(c) Impatient for Father Herreros.
(d) Anxious for the Monkey.
5. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
(a) Decree 3030.
(b) National Narcotics Statute of 1985.
(c) Decree 2047.
(d) Decree 303.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
2. How does Escobar receive Father Herreros request to meet?
3. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
4. Who handles the negotiations for Escobar?
5. Maruja and Beatriz are soon joined by another hostage. When was this person kidnapped?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)