|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
(a) He is thrown out of the car and left behind.
(b) He is hit unconscious.
(c) He is shot to death.
(d) He is temporarily knocked out with chloroform.
2. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
(a) Decree 303.
(b) Decree 2047.
(c) National Narcotics Statute of 1985.
(d) Decree 3030.
3. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
(a) Beatriz figures out their location when she looks out a bathroom window.
(b) The police learn the kidnappers' escape route, so they must leave.
(c) To confuse the women further.
(d) Maruja whispers too loudly that she knows where they may be.
4. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
(a) A series of offers that gives indications of possible release.
(b) A series of offers and counteroffers that arrives at nothing.
(c) A counter-offer that leaves families fearing for the hostages' lives.
(d) They never occur because Escobar calls them off.
5. Why does Escobar reject the law that gives him immunity from his most feared punishment?
(a) He wants to lower maximum imprisonment despite the number of cases.
(b) He wants to rid of the death penalty altogether.
(c) He wants non-extradition offered no matter the situation.
(d) He believes a drug trafficker should only be imprisoned for one sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Maruja work?
2. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
3. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
4. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
5. Who becomes a strong supporter for Hernando Santos when his son, Francisco Santos, is abducted?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)