|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
(a) Gloria Pachón, Beatriz's sister.
(b) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(c) Luis Carlos Galán, Beatriz's brother.
(d) Luis Carlos Galán, Maruja's brother in-law.
2. Who handles the negotiations for Escobar?
(a) Guido Parra Montoya.
(b) Don Pacho.
(c) Juan Gomez.
(d) Manuel Perez.
3. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
(a) Maruja tells them.
(b) Through a radio announcement.
(c) Marina tells them.
(d) From a television news report.
4. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
(a) They never occur because Escobar calls them off.
(b) A series of offers that gives indications of possible release.
(c) A counter-offer that leaves families fearing for the hostages' lives.
(d) A series of offers and counteroffers that arrives at nothing.
5. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) Maza Márquez.
(b) President Gaviria.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) Diego Montaña Cuéllar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter sent from the Extraditables to Turbay and Santos threaten if they do not receive what they want?
2. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
3. Who does Villamizar call for help?
4. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
5. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)