|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maruja and Beatriz are soon joined by another hostage. When was this person kidnapped?
(a) Three months earlier.
(b) The previous week.
(c) Spring of 1990.
(d) The same day.
2. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
(a) As if they are high in rank.
(b) The guards are pretty autonomous.
(c) As if they are prisoners too.
(d) They guards are given nice suits and fancy watches.
3. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
(a) They will be saved since more people will work to save them.
(c) Worried for her life.
(d) They will be let go soon since she is more important.
4. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
(a) Lack of evidence to convict.
(b) Retaliation from the cartel.
(c) Public safety during the attempts to physically capture any of the terrorists.
(d) Inability to extradite the suspect.
5. Why does Escobar reject the law that gives him immunity from his most feared punishment?
(a) He wants to rid of the death penalty altogether.
(b) He believes a drug trafficker should only be imprisoned for one sentence.
(c) He wants non-extradition offered no matter the situation.
(d) He wants to lower maximum imprisonment despite the number of cases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
2. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
3. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
4. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
5. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)