|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
(b) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(c) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(d) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
2. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
(a) That Parra is a serious man but with no real direction.
(b) That Parra is a brilliant negotiator.
(c) That Parra is dangerous for his intelligence of the law.
(d) That Parra is a crooked opportunist.
3. In Dr. Guerrero's state with his wife kidnapped, what does he decide to do?
(a) See a psychotherapist.
(b) Concentrate on his work even more.
(c) Move in with his family for support.
(d) Close his practice for the time being.
4. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
(b) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
(c) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(d) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
5. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
(a) A time for prayer to the Holy Infant once a day.
(b) A cigarette as soon as she wakes up to the gloomy mornings.
(c) One-on-one conversations with Beatriz to keep focus on reality.
(d) Two hours of solitude a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter sent from the Extraditables to Turbay and Santos threaten if they do not receive what they want?
2. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
3. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
4. Why does Escobar reject the law that gives him immunity from his most feared punishment?
5. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)