|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Francisco Santos.
(d) Diana Turbay.
2. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
(b) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(c) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(d) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
3. Where is the first hiding place located?
(a) El Calle.
(b) La Tercera.
(c) La Calera.
(d) La Castellanos.
4. The guards watching Diana and her crew can be described as _____________.
(b) Always calm.
(c) Uneducated farmhands.
(d) Boys and men in poor condition.
5. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
(a) Beatriz figures out their location when she looks out a bathroom window.
(b) The police learn the kidnappers' escape route, so they must leave.
(c) Maruja whispers too loudly that she knows where they may be.
(d) To confuse the women further.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
2. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
3. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
4. Maruja and Beatriz are soon joined by another hostage. When was this person kidnapped?
5. What does Maruja, Marina and Beatriz do to keep hope alive?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)