|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) The kidnappers wait for a red light to whisk the women into another vehicle.
(b) The kidnappers grab the women as they walk to their car after work.
(c) The kidnappers crash into Maruja's car and quickly grab the women.
(d) The kidnappers grab the women when they exit the car to enter Maruja's home.
2. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
(b) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(c) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
(d) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
3. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(b) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
(c) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(d) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
4. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
(a) More reading.
(b) Over the counter ibuprofen.
5. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
(a) The men are known to be hotheads and make further trouble.
(b) Both men suffer from chronic health issues.
(c) There is no one fighting for their husband and son's lives.
(d) They are not in a position to give the Extraditables what they want.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exposes Escobar when he attempts to infiltrate the New Liberalism Party?
2. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
3. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
4. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
5. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)