|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maruja use to help ease her anxiety during the car ride to the hiding place?
(a) Sunflower seeds.
(d) Cardamom seeds.
2. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(a) Francisco Santos.
(b) Diana Turbay.
(c) Marina Montoya.
3. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
(a) Diana's group is closer to Medellín and not in Bogotá.
(b) Diana and her crew are in the middle of a busy city.
(c) Diana and her crew know exactly where they are.
(d) Diana and her crew are usually in shacks rather than a house.
4. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
(b) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
(c) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
(d) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
5. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
(a) To confuse the women further.
(b) Maruja whispers too loudly that she knows where they may be.
(c) Beatriz figures out their location when she looks out a bathroom window.
(d) The police learn the kidnappers' escape route, so they must leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
2. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
3. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
4. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
5. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)