|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
(b) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(c) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
(d) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
2. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
(a) A dead girl lying on the side of the road in Medellín.
(b) Escobar's message to Luis via Rosalía.
(c) The random taxi driver in Medellín works for Escobar.
(d) The size of Escobar's entourage when Luis meets him.
3. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
(a) Retaliation from the cartel.
(b) Lack of evidence to convict.
(c) Public safety during the attempts to physically capture any of the terrorists.
(d) Inability to extradite the suspect.
4. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
5. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
(a) Belisario Betancur.
(b) Julio César Turbay.
(c) César Gaviria.
(d) Virgilio Barco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
2. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
3. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
4. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
5. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)