|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
(a) Diana and her crew are usually in shacks rather than a house.
(b) Diana and her crew know exactly where they are.
(c) Diana's group is closer to Medellín and not in Bogotá.
(d) Diana and her crew are in the middle of a busy city.
2. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
(a) Pacho's guards are just as harsh.
(b) Pacho's guards are worse than the women's guards.
(c) Pacho's guards are much more informal.
(d) Pacho's guards are hardly present.
3. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
(a) Maruja tells them.
(b) Through a radio announcement.
(c) From a television news report.
(d) Marina tells them.
4. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
(a) Azucena is having hallucinations.
(b) Azucena's wedding anniversary is coming up.
(c) Azucena's father is in the hospital.
(d) Azucena believes she is pregnant.
5. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
(a) A counter-offer that leaves families fearing for the hostages' lives.
(b) They never occur because Escobar calls them off.
(c) A series of offers that gives indications of possible release.
(d) A series of offers and counteroffers that arrives at nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
2. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
3. For whom does Maruja work?
4. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
5. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)