|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
(a) Over the counter ibuprofen.
(b) More reading.
2. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
(a) Escobar's daughter is taken hostage by the law.
(b) Decree 303.
(c) The Ochoa brothers threaten him.
(d) Nieves and Quintero are able to convince him.
3. How does Beatriz find out about Marina's death?
(a) Dr. Guerrero tells Beatriz he is happy she did not end up like Marina.
(b) Beatriz hears it on the evening news.
(c) Beatriz asks for Marina's phone number.
(d) Beatriz asks her guards in the car.
4. Who becomes a strong supporter for Hernando Santos when his son, Francisco Santos, is abducted?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter-in-law.
(c) His other sons.
(d) His brother.
5. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
(a) She thinks he is an understanding man.
(b) She believes he is just as dishonorable as Escobar.
(c) She thinks he is cold-hearted.
(d) She believes his decisions are hard on her but good for all.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nydia achieve contact with Escobar?
2. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
3. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
4. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
5. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)