|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
(a) Escobar's message to Luis via Rosalía.
(b) A dead girl lying on the side of the road in Medellín.
(c) The random taxi driver in Medellín works for Escobar.
(d) The size of Escobar's entourage when Luis meets him.
2. After the Notables negotiation failure, what news does Pardo give Villamizar to have something to look forward to?
(a) President Gaviria is putting more forces to work to help negotiate with Parra.
(b) Pardo's department receives a minicassette from Maruja.
(c) Another decree is being worked on to amend the first rejected one.
(d) Nydia has leads on Escobar is location.
3. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
(b) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
(c) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
(d) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
4. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
(a) Politicians fear of assassination, so they never strengthen laws.
(b) Lack of an effective judicial system.
(c) Economic turmoil that makes drug trafficking tempting.
(d) Corruption within the government.
5. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
(a) Decree 303.
(b) Nieves and Quintero are able to convince him.
(c) The Ochoa brothers threaten him.
(d) Escobar's daughter is taken hostage by the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
2. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
3. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
4. How does Beatriz find out about Marina's death?
5. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)