|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
(a) Two hostages will be released.
(b) Escobar is done with negotiations.
(c) Two hostages will be killed.
(d) One hostage will be released in exchange for their spouse.
2. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
(a) Dress up and put on make-up for a release celebration.
(b) Ask Beatriz to bring back devised codes for the radio and television.
(c) With Damaris' help, get Beatriz flowers as a gift.
(d) With Damaris' help, have a dinner of meat and potatoes instead of lentils.
3. The Santos family learns Pacho is in the northern part of Bogota. How do they know this?
(a) Hernando's friend recognizes Pacho's voice coming from an abandoned house.
(b) Guido Parra slips during a negotiation with the Notables.
(c) Pacho reads a headline from a local edition newspaper on a minicassette to prove he's alive.
(d) Pacho talks of clues in a minicassette sent to the family to prove he's alive.
4. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
(a) Cigarettes and magazines.
(b) Fresh air time and coffee.
(c) Coffee and cigarettes.
(d) Breakfast and cigarettes.
5. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
(a) One long sleeve shirt and long pants.
(b) Sweat suits.
(c) A thin T-shirt and long pants.
(d) Prisoner's overalls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
2. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
3. How does Nydia achieve contact with Escobar?
4. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
5. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)