|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) At every 7:30 evening news.
(b) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
(c) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
(d) When an important futbol game is on.
2. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
(a) Records details of her imprisonment.
(b) Talks to the guards.
(c) Watches television all day long.
(d) Looks out a window.
3. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(a) Francisco Santos.
(b) Diana Turbay.
(c) Marina Montoya.
4. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
(b) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
(c) She starts a diary.
(d) She gives up hope.
5. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
(a) As if they are prisoners too.
(b) As if they are high in rank.
(c) The guards are pretty autonomous.
(d) They guards are given nice suits and fancy watches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
2. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
3. Who is retrieved safely through a rescue mission?
4. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
5. Why does Escobar reject the law that gives him immunity from his most feared punishment?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)