|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaviria decide to do after the first hostage deaths?
(a) Send a message to Escobar that he will not yield.
(b) Offer non-extradition to all who come forth at any time.
(c) Investigate possibilities of assassinating Escobar.
(d) Change the capitulation policy date in the decree.
2. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
3. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
(a) Elite Corps efforts to find the abductors.
(b) Bombings by urban guerrillas.
(c) The Extraditables bombed numerous police stations.
(d) The Cali cartel bombs the area to create confusion for the Extraditables.
4. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
(a) Beatriz' clothes are tight-fitting.
(b) One of the guards cries when Beatriz hugs him goodbye.
(c) Damaris is angry Beatriz has to go.
(d) Their reflections in the mirror.
5. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
(a) She believes his decisions are hard on her but good for all.
(b) She believes he is just as dishonorable as Escobar.
(c) She thinks he is cold-hearted.
(d) She thinks he is an understanding man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
2. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
3. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
4. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
5. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)