|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
(a) Numerous bullets throughout the trunk of the body.
(b) Hung in public.
(c) Bullets to the head.
(d) One cut to the throat.
2. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
(a) By her teeth.
(b) By her eyes.
(c) By her well-known high cheekbones.
(d) By her hands.
3. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
(a) Diana and her crew know exactly where they are.
(b) Diana and her crew are in the middle of a busy city.
(c) Diana's group is closer to Medellín and not in Bogotá.
(d) Diana and her crew are usually in shacks rather than a house.
4. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
(a) A time for prayer to the Holy Infant once a day.
(b) One-on-one conversations with Beatriz to keep focus on reality.
(c) A cigarette as soon as she wakes up to the gloomy mornings.
(d) Two hours of solitude a day.
5. After Gaviria's response to the deaths, how do the Extraditables answer?
(a) They will release one hostage.
(b) They will release all remaining hostages.
(c) They will continue with the executions.
(d) They request another negotiation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
2. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
3. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
4. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
5. Who exposes Escobar when he attempts to infiltrate the New Liberalism Party?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)