|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that confirms Maruja's thoughts about Marina's ending?
(a) They put Beatriz' hood on with the eyeholes forward instead of backwards.
(b) Majordomo offers to return the television when Beatriz leaves.
(c) When Beatriz leaves, the boss is more light-hearted in demeanor.
(d) The guards are not sullen when Beatriz leaves like the day Marina left.
2. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
(a) César Gaviria.
(b) The media.
(c) Former president Turbay.
(d) Hernando Santos.
3. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
(a) Watches television all day long.
(b) Looks out a window.
(c) Talks to the guards.
(d) Records details of her imprisonment.
4. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
(a) The fear of extradition.
(b) The women in the family.
(c) A sign from the Holy Infant.
(d) The fear of execution.
5. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
(b) Martha Nieves.
(c) Nydia Quintero.
(d) Angelina Ochoa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
2. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
3. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
4. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
5. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)