|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
(a) The German shepherd is trained to bark at her.
(b) The man in black Marina once saw is real to Maruja.
(c) Two guards now take walks with her instead of just Damaris.
(d) She sees an armed guard right outside.
2. What does Gaviria decide to do after the first hostage deaths?
(a) Send a message to Escobar that he will not yield.
(b) Investigate possibilities of assassinating Escobar.
(c) Offer non-extradition to all who come forth at any time.
(d) Change the capitulation policy date in the decree.
3. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
(a) Cigarettes and magazines.
(b) Breakfast and cigarettes.
(c) Fresh air time and coffee.
(d) Coffee and cigarettes.
4. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
(a) Write Escobar a letter.
(b) Write Alberto Villamizar a letter.
(c) Take walks to clear her mind.
(d) Ask the majordomo nicely for better treatment.
5. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
(a) Diana's group is closer to Medellín and not in Bogotá.
(b) Diana and her crew know exactly where they are.
(c) Diana and her crew are in the middle of a busy city.
(d) Diana and her crew are usually in shacks rather than a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
2. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
3. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
4. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
5. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)