|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
(a) They are in charge of all the hostages during their imprisonment.
(b) They are the masterminds behind the drug cartel to the U.S.
(c) They are the only ones who know where Escobar resides.
(d) They are accused of assassinations and being the brains behind the current abductions.
2. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
(d) Hearing voices.
3. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
(a) Corruption within the government.
(b) Lack of an effective judicial system.
(c) Politicians fear of assassination, so they never strengthen laws.
(d) Economic turmoil that makes drug trafficking tempting.
4. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
(a) Gaviria orders the operation because of information from anonymous phone calls.
(b) The raid is meant to seize Escobar.
(c) It is by the orders of Maza Márquez.
(d) It is by the orders of Rafael Pardo.
5. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
(a) Her atheism.
(b) Her inability to play Nintendo.
(c) Her judging character.
(d) Her zealous religiousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
2. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
3. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
4. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
5. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)