|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Beatriz when Maruja sees her on television?
(a) On Alexandra's program.
(b) In a public speech with Hernando Santos.
(c) In Beatriz's home.
(d) In Maruja's home.
2. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
(a) The raid is meant to seize Escobar.
(b) Gaviria orders the operation because of information from anonymous phone calls.
(c) It is by the orders of Maza Márquez.
(d) It is by the orders of Rafael Pardo.
3. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
(b) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
(c) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
(d) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
4. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
(a) Two guards now take walks with her instead of just Damaris.
(b) The German shepherd is trained to bark at her.
(c) The man in black Marina once saw is real to Maruja.
(d) She sees an armed guard right outside.
5. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
(b) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
(c) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
(d) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
2. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
3. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
4. Who is retrieved safely through a rescue mission?
5. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)