|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
(a) Pacho's guards are just as harsh.
(b) Pacho's guards are worse than the women's guards.
(c) Pacho's guards are hardly present.
(d) Pacho's guards are much more informal.
2. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
(a) Stop taking her medicines.
(b) Stop talking to the majordomo and Damaris.
(c) Stop eating.
(d) To yell at the top of her lungs.
3. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
(a) Watches television all day long.
(b) Looks out a window.
(c) Talks to the guards.
(d) Records details of her imprisonment.
4. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
(b) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
(c) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
(d) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
5. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
(a) They will be saved since more people will work to save them.
(c) Worried for her life.
(d) They will be let go soon since she is more important.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
2. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
3. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
4. Where is Beatriz when Maruja sees her on television?
5. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)