|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
(a) The fear of execution.
(b) The women in the family.
(c) A sign from the Holy Infant.
(d) The fear of extradition.
2. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
(b) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
(c) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
(d) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
3. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
(a) Diana and her crew are in the middle of a busy city.
(b) Diana and her crew are usually in shacks rather than a house.
(c) Diana and her crew know exactly where they are.
(d) Diana's group is closer to Medellín and not in Bogotá.
4. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
(b) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
(c) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
(d) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
5. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
(a) By her hands.
(b) By her well-known high cheekbones.
(c) By her eyes.
(d) By her teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
2. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
3. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
4. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
5. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)