|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
(a) Secure prison from his enemies.
(b) Multiple sentences issue.
(c) Extradition issue.
(d) Safety for his family.
2. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
(a) Write Escobar a letter.
(b) Ask the majordomo nicely for better treatment.
(c) Take walks to clear her mind.
(d) Write Alberto Villamizar a letter.
3. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
(a) Decree 303.
(b) Nieves and Quintero are able to convince him.
(c) The Ochoa brothers threaten him.
(d) Escobar's daughter is taken hostage by the law.
4. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
(a) Radio and television.
(b) Radio and newspapers.
(c) Magazines and television.
(d) Newspapers and magazines.
5. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
(a) Stop eating.
(b) Stop talking to the majordomo and Damaris.
(c) Stop taking her medicines.
(d) To yell at the top of her lungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
2. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
3. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
4. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
5. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)