|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaviria decide to do after the first hostage deaths?
(a) Offer non-extradition to all who come forth at any time.
(b) Change the capitulation policy date in the decree.
(c) Investigate possibilities of assassinating Escobar.
(d) Send a message to Escobar that he will not yield.
2. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
(a) Radio and newspapers.
(b) Magazines and television.
(c) Radio and television.
(d) Newspapers and magazines.
3. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
(a) They are the only ones who know where Escobar resides.
(b) They are the masterminds behind the drug cartel to the U.S.
(c) They are in charge of all the hostages during their imprisonment.
(d) They are accused of assassinations and being the brains behind the current abductions.
4. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
(a) The guards are pretty autonomous.
(b) They guards are given nice suits and fancy watches.
(c) As if they are high in rank.
(d) As if they are prisoners too.
5. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
(a) A column in "El Tiempo" specifically telling Pacho not to think about it.
(b) A picture of his family in the paper.
(c) A deep conversation with one of the guards.
(d) Rereading a letter he wrote to his wife while imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
2. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
3. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
4. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
5. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)