|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maruja share with the new guards?
(a) Stories about her sons.
(b) The devised codes from her family on radio and television.
(d) Her dream that they will grow up straight.
2. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
(a) By her hands.
(b) By her well-known high cheekbones.
(c) By her teeth.
(d) By her eyes.
3. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
(a) The boss seems to detest her whenever he visits.
(b) The guards did not hide their faces before Maruja and Beatriz arrived.
(c) Marina frustrates the women as well as the guards.
(d) The guards treat her the worst.
4. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
(a) A deep conversation with one of the guards.
(b) Rereading a letter he wrote to his wife while imprisoned.
(c) A column in "El Tiempo" specifically telling Pacho not to think about it.
(d) A picture of his family in the paper.
5. The guards watching Diana and her crew can be described as _____________.
(a) Always calm.
(c) Boys and men in poor condition.
(d) Uneducated farmhands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maruja, Marina and Beatriz do to keep hope alive?
2. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
3. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
4. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
5. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)