|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
(a) In the family cemetery plot.
(b) In a mass grave with other unidentified bodies.
(c) At a cemetery dedicated to martyrs.
(d) In the cemetery for the homeless.
2. The guards watching Diana and her crew can be described as _____________.
(a) Uneducated farmhands.
(b) Always calm.
(c) Boys and men in poor condition.
3. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
(a) The guards treat her the worst.
(b) The guards did not hide their faces before Maruja and Beatriz arrived.
(c) Marina frustrates the women as well as the guards.
(d) The boss seems to detest her whenever he visits.
4. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
(a) Ask the majordomo nicely for better treatment.
(b) Write Escobar a letter.
(c) Write Alberto Villamizar a letter.
(d) Take walks to clear her mind.
5. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
(a) To prevent an armed rescue at all costs.
(b) To continue her prayers to the Holy Infant.
(c) To put greater pressure on the president.
(d) To use the media to get the public on her side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
2. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
3. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
4. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
5. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)