|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
(a) Politicians fear of assassination, so they never strengthen laws.
(b) Lack of an effective judicial system.
(c) Economic turmoil that makes drug trafficking tempting.
(d) Corruption within the government.
2. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
(a) A sign from the Holy Infant.
(b) The fear of execution.
(c) The fear of extradition.
(d) The women in the family.
3. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
(a) To use the media to get the public on her side.
(b) To put greater pressure on the president.
(c) To continue her prayers to the Holy Infant.
(d) To prevent an armed rescue at all costs.
4. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
(a) Don Pacho's favorite.
(d) The least worthy.
5. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) Hair similarities.
(c) The up market clothes and well-groomed nails.
(d) Dental records.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
2. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
3. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
4. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
5. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)