|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
(a) Azucena believes she is pregnant.
(b) Azucena is having hallucinations.
(c) Azucena's wedding anniversary is coming up.
(d) Azucena's father is in the hospital.
2. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
(a) The German shepherd is trained to bark at her.
(b) The man in black Marina once saw is real to Maruja.
(c) She sees an armed guard right outside.
(d) Two guards now take walks with her instead of just Damaris.
3. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A physical therapist.
(d) A psychotherapist.
4. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
(a) By her well-known high cheekbones.
(b) By her hands.
(c) By her eyes.
(d) By her teeth.
5. After Gaviria's response to the deaths, how do the Extraditables answer?
(a) They will release one hostage.
(b) They request another negotiation.
(c) They will continue with the executions.
(d) They will release all remaining hostages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
2. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
3. What does Maruja, Marina and Beatriz do to keep hope alive?
4. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
5. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)