|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The guards watching Diana and her crew can be described as _____________.
(b) Uneducated farmhands.
(c) Boys and men in poor condition.
(d) Always calm.
2. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
(b) The least worthy.
(d) Don Pacho's favorite.
3. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
(a) Economic turmoil that makes drug trafficking tempting.
(b) Lack of an effective judicial system.
(c) Corruption within the government.
(d) Politicians fear of assassination, so they never strengthen laws.
4. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
(a) One cut to the throat.
(b) Bullets to the head.
(c) Numerous bullets throughout the trunk of the body.
(d) Hung in public.
5. Who is retrieved safely through a rescue mission?
(a) Diana Turbay.
(b) Maruja and Beatriz.
(c) Francisco Santos.
(d) Richard Becerro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
2. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
3. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
4. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
5. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)