|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
(a) Priscos brothers.
(b) Don Pacho.
(c) Nieves brothers.
(d) The Ochoa brothers.
2. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
(a) A column in "El Tiempo" specifically telling Pacho not to think about it.
(b) A deep conversation with one of the guards.
(c) Rereading a letter he wrote to his wife while imprisoned.
(d) A picture of his family in the paper.
3. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
(a) Hung in public.
(b) One cut to the throat.
(c) Numerous bullets throughout the trunk of the body.
(d) Bullets to the head.
4. Where is Beatriz when Maruja sees her on television?
(a) In Maruja's home.
(b) On Alexandra's program.
(c) In Beatriz's home.
(d) In a public speech with Hernando Santos.
5. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
(a) She thinks he is an understanding man.
(b) She thinks he is cold-hearted.
(c) She believes his decisions are hard on her but good for all.
(d) She believes he is just as dishonorable as Escobar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maruja share with the new guards?
2. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
3. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
4. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
5. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)