|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
(a) Stop talking to the majordomo and Damaris.
(b) Stop eating.
(c) Stop taking her medicines.
(d) To yell at the top of her lungs.
2. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
(b) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
(c) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
(d) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
3. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
(a) As if they are prisoners too.
(b) The guards are pretty autonomous.
(c) They guards are given nice suits and fancy watches.
(d) As if they are high in rank.
4. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
(b) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
(c) She starts a diary.
(d) She gives up hope.
5. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
(c) Hearing voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
2. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
3. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
4. Who is retrieved safely through a rescue mission?
5. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)