|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Teddy use to get the attention of the couple?
2. What is the profession of Mr. Weaver?
3. Stone was dismayed when he received a large bill from which of the following?
4. How much time does Stone have to study?
5. Stone is shocked to see which of the following in the video?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the conversation between Stone and Hi. What information does Hi reveal?
2. Discuss the results of Teddy's covert operation. What is Eggers' reaction? What is Stone's reaction?
3. Discuss Stone's activities at home after he retires from the NYPD.
4. Explain the scene at Dino's wedding.
5. When is the planned rendezvous? What is Stone's reaction?
6. Discuss the scene between Stone and Leary. What decision has Leary made regarding Stone's status as a detective?
7. What bad news does Stone get after arriving at the house in Turtle Bay?
8. Describe the conversation between Stone and Dino.
9. Discuss the conversation between Stone and Dr. Garfield. What does Garfield say about Herbert Van Fleet?
10. What is Stone's next job at Woodman and Weld? Who will help to carry out the orders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Martin Herbert Van Fleet. What types of things would Van Fleet be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Van Fleet have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Van Fleet describe how he felt before, during and after each murder?
Essay Topic 2
Stone Barrington is a New York City cop by profession; Lieutenant Leary has police work in his veins. Compare and contrast the men's personalities, careers, training, and demeanor. Which is the better cop? Which was most effective in the Nijinsky case? Who was the least effective? Why? What might Barrington and/or Bacchetti done better to resolve the case sooner? Do you think the police will ever know everything about the Nijinsky case, Barron Harkness, Van Fleet and Scoop Berman?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Stone and Cary. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does either have any ulterior motives regarding the relationship? Explain.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)