|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leary refers to the NYPD as a _____.
2. Van Fleet is accused of attempting to commit which crime?
3. What does Stone make for dinner?
4. What is the new profession?
5. Where does Stone meet Cary for an impromptu rendezvous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the conversation between Stone and Hi. What information does Hi reveal?
2. Discuss Stone's activities at home after he retires from the NYPD.
3. Discuss the scene between Stone and Leary. What decision has Leary made regarding Stone's status as a detective?
4. What bad news does Stone get after arriving at the house in Turtle Bay?
5. Discuss the conversation between Stone and Dr. Garfield. What does Garfield say about Herbert Van Fleet?
6. What big news does Dino deliver to Stone? What is Stone's reaction?
7. What do you think Eggers and Woodman want with Stone?
8. Discuss the results of Teddy's covert operation. What is Eggers' reaction? What is Stone's reaction?
9. Explain the exchange between Stone and Elaine. What disturbing news does Elaine deliver?
10. Explain the scene in which Stone checks out the executive apartments.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your own murder mystery based on "New York Dead". Use Stone Barrington as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington next? How might Barrington's relationships change in future books? What type of case might Barrington accept next?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Stone Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington go next? How might Barrington's relationships with Dino, Judge O'Neil, Elaine, and his colleagues change in future books?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)