|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number of the apartment?
2. What is the name of the bride?
3. Leary refers to the NYPD as a _____.
4. Bonner warns Stone about being in _____.
5. What is the name of the church where Dino gets married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the exchange between Stone and Elaine. What disturbing news does Elaine deliver?
2. Why does Stone go to see Frank Woodman? What is the result of the meeting? What shocking information is delivered?
3. Explain the scene in which Stone checks out the executive apartments.
4. Explain the phone call Stone receives from Herb. What are the circumstances of Herb's arrest?
5. What bad news does Stone get after arriving at the house in Turtle Bay?
6. What is Stone's next job at Woodman and Weld? Who will help to carry out the orders?
7. Explain the conversation between Stone and Hi. What information does Hi reveal?
8. When does Stone see Cary? What is Stone's reaction to their ongoing relationship?
9. Discuss the scene between Stone and Leary. What decision has Leary made regarding Stone's status as a detective?
10. Discuss Stone's activities at home after he retires from the NYPD.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington next? How might Barrington's relationships change in future books? What type of case might Barrington accept next?
Essay Topic 2
When Stone is forced to retire from the NYPD, Leary offers no comfort. It is clear that Stone was being forced out because he is more or less an outcast in the department. Write a 750 word essay on this situation. Why is Stone being forced out? Do you think Leary had the doctor's report changed? Why does Stone stick out like a sore thumb? Do people deal with Stone just because of Dino? What does Leary have to say about Stone's cooperation with the other cops and the department as a whole? How would you feel in Stone's place?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Stone Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington go next? How might Barrington's relationships with Dino, Judge O'Neil, Elaine, and his colleagues change in future books?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)