|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Van Fleet attempted to join which profession?
2. What major issue is a concern regarding the evidence?
3. What is the name of the bar where Teddy will pick up his money?
4. What is Mrs. Wheeling's first name?
5. What is the name of Stone's downstairs tenant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene at Dino's wedding.
2. Discuss the details of Stone's conversation and agreement with Bill Eggers.
3. What is Stone's next job at Woodman and Weld? Who will help to carry out the orders?
4. When is the planned rendezvous? What is Stone's reaction?
5. What bad news does Stone get after arriving at the house in Turtle Bay?
6. Explain the phone call Stone receives from Herb. What are the circumstances of Herb's arrest?
7. When does Stone see Cary? What is Stone's reaction to their ongoing relationship?
8. Describe Stone's first day at Woodman and Weld.
9. What big news does Dino deliver to Stone? What is Stone's reaction?
10. What happens with Cary after the video is shot? What is Stone's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on news sources. Stone goggles at the speed with which some of the media gets their hands on police information. Reporters tend to use any sources they can to get information for the news. For example, it might be easy for Cary to use her relationship with Barrington to get inside information on the case. What are the most common ways to get information? Who might be used as a source? How could a reporter know if a source is valuable and/or reliable? What is commonly known about reporters protecting their sources? What is the penalty for refusing to reveal one's source? Also discuss professional ethics and how it might be difficult to be in a relationship like the one shared by Cary and Stone.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Stone and Cary. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does either have any ulterior motives regarding the relationship? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Out of the blue, Dino announces that he is going to marry Mary Ann Bianchi. Explain the scenario. What is Stone's reaction? Is this a sudden thing, or have Dino and Mary Ann been together for a long time? Who is Mary Ann's father? What is his profession? What is Dino's relationship to the Bianchis? How might the family business interfere with Dino's police work? Does any of this concern Dino? What is Stone's opinion? What do you think will happen next?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)