|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stone's first initial?
2. Bonner warns Stone about being in _____.
3. Who is accused of rape?
4. Cary points out which famous New York landmark shortly before sitting down to dinner?
5. Stone is shocked to see which of the following in the video?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the conversation between Stone and Hi. What information does Hi reveal?
2. Who is responsible for the accident? What confession is made to Stone?
3. Explain the scene at Dino's wedding.
4. What happens with Cary after the video is shot? What is Stone's reaction?
5. When does Stone see Cary? What is Stone's reaction to their ongoing relationship?
6. Explain the phone call Stone receives from Herb. What are the circumstances of Herb's arrest?
7. What big news does Dino deliver to Stone? What is Stone's reaction?
8. Explain the exchange between Cary and Stone regarding his retirement.
9. What happens on the night Stone takes a cab from Elaine's? What major incident occurs on the street?
10. Explain the exchange between Stone and Elaine. What disturbing news does Elaine deliver?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Van Fleet. Discuss Van Fleet's past history in regards to psychiatric issues and aberrant behaviors. What would a psychiatrist say about Van Fleet's need to keep the people he murders? Is Van Fleet perverted, mentally ill or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Van Fleet have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 2
Stone believes that Cary married Barron for two reasons. The first is that Barron is wealthy and has a good social standing; the second is that she will never be required to testify against Barron, saving both of them from a great deal of trouble. In the United States, a spouse cannot testify in a case against the other spouse. Why? Write an essay on testifying against a spouse. How might this law affect the Nijinsky case? Is this a smart move on Cary's part? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There seems seems to be a deep friendship and healthy rivalry between Barrington and Bachetti. Describe the relationship between the two men. How long have Barrington and Bachetti known each other? How long have they worked together? Is there relationship more of a friendship or partnership? What do you think will happen now that Barrington is no longer a member of the NYPD? Compare and contrast the professional duties of Barrington and Bachetti.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)