|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone was dismayed when he received a large bill from which of the following?
2. Who in the tenant's family is ill?
3. Stone realizes that he must begin to study for the _____.
4. The bride's father is linked to which organization?
5. What is the name of the news program Stone watches in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What big news does Dino deliver to Stone? What is Stone's reaction?
2. When is the planned rendezvous? What is Stone's reaction?
3. Discuss the scene between Stone and Leary. What decision has Leary made regarding Stone's status as a detective?
4. Discuss the details of Stone's conversation and agreement with Bill Eggers.
5. Discuss the meeting between Stone and Dino. What is the main topic of conversation?
6. Discuss the conversation between Stone and Dr. Garfield. What does Garfield say about Herbert Van Fleet?
7. Describe Stone's first day at Woodman and Weld.
8. What happens with Cary after the video is shot? What is Stone's reaction?
9. Explain the scene in which Stone checks out the executive apartments.
10. Describe the conversation between Stone and Dino.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Out of the blue, Dino announces that he is going to marry Mary Ann Bianchi. Explain the scenario. What is Stone's reaction? Is this a sudden thing, or have Dino and Mary Ann been together for a long time? Who is Mary Ann's father? What is his profession? What is Dino's relationship to the Bianchis? How might the family business interfere with Dino's police work? Does any of this concern Dino? What is Stone's opinion? What do you think will happen next?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Stone Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington go next? How might Barrington's relationships with Dino, Judge O'Neil, Elaine, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
It is obvious that several of the characters in the book are homosexual or bisexual. How does this fact play into the story? Does it matter? Why do some of the characters find it necessary to hide this fact? How does the sexual preference of the characters affect the story and the investigation? Cite various passages in the text that show a character's sexuality and discuss how it is referenced by Woods. Does Stone have any opinion on this issue? Does Dino?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)