|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new profession?
2. What type of apartment is supposed to be staked out?
3. What is the name of the bride?
4. Who in the tenant's family is ill?
5. What is the man's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is responsible for the accident? What confession is made to Stone?
2. What big news does Dino deliver to Stone? What is Stone's reaction?
3. Explain the conversation between Stone and Hi. What information does Hi reveal?
4. Discuss Stone's activities at home after he retires from the NYPD.
5. Discuss the meeting between Stone and Dino. What is the main topic of conversation?
6. What does Stone do to lose himself while thinking through his options?
7. Explain the scene in which Stone checks out the executive apartments.
8. Describe Stone's first day at Woodman and Weld.
9. When does Stone see Cary? What is Stone's reaction to their ongoing relationship?
10. What are the conditions on the night of the job? Why does Stone worry about Teddy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are quite a few bodies discovered in Van Fleet's secret place. Explain the condition of the bodies. How are the bodies identified? Who provides the identification? Do police check the identities in any other way? Explain. Would it be helpful to check fingerprints? Could the police use dental records for identification? Are the identifications correct? Explain. Would these murders be handled differently than any other murder? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Van Fleet. Discuss Van Fleet's past history in regards to psychiatric issues and aberrant behaviors. What would a psychiatrist say about Van Fleet's need to keep the people he murders? Is Van Fleet perverted, mentally ill or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Van Fleet have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
Write your own murder mystery based on "New York Dead". Use Stone Barrington as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)