|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone is dismayed to learn that the man has decided to do which of the following?
2. Van Fleet has an aversion to working with which of the following?
3. How much time does Stone have to study?
4. What was the man's former occupation?
5. Stone's latest home renovation project involved refinishing _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Stone and Dino.
2. When is the planned rendezvous? What is Stone's reaction?
3. Discuss Stone's activities at home after he retires from the NYPD.
4. Discuss the details of Stone's conversation and agreement with Bill Eggers.
5. Explain the scene at Dino's wedding.
6. What does Stone do to lose himself while thinking through his options?
7. Discuss the scene between Stone and Leary. What decision has Leary made regarding Stone's status as a detective?
8. What are the conditions on the night of the job? Why does Stone worry about Teddy?
9. Explain the exchange between Cary and Stone regarding his retirement.
10. Explain the conversation between Stone and Hi. What information does Hi reveal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your own murder mystery based on "New York Dead". Use Barrington as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Stone Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington go next? How might Barrington's relationships with Dino, Judge O'Neil, Elaine, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Stone and Cary. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does either have any ulterior motives regarding the relationship? Explain.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)