|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of Mrs. Woodman?
2. The wife will get the house in which prestigious location?
3. Stone realizes that he must begin to study for the _____.
4. Stone was permitted to keep which item?
5. What kind of vehicle does Scoop drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the phone call Stone receives from Herb. What are the circumstances of Herb's arrest?
2. Discuss the meeting between Stone and Dino. What is the main topic of conversation?
3. What is Stone's next job at Woodman and Weld? Who will help to carry out the orders?
4. Discuss the details of Stone's conversation and agreement with Bill Eggers.
5. Explain the conversation between Stone and Hi. What information does Hi reveal?
6. Why does Stone go to see Frank Woodman? What is the result of the meeting? What shocking information is delivered?
7. What bad news does Stone get after arriving at the house in Turtle Bay?
8. What big news does Dino deliver to Stone? What is Stone's reaction?
9. What do you think Eggers and Woodman want with Stone?
10. Who is responsible for the accident? What confession is made to Stone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stone Barrington is a no-nonsense cop turned attorney in Manhattan. Examine Barrington's career. Why do you think Eggers wanted to hire Barrington? Does Barrington have any knowledge of criminal law? How do Eggers and Barrington know each other? Write a complete character description of Stone Barrington. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Van Fleet. Discuss Van Fleet's past history in regards to psychiatric issues and aberrant behaviors. What would a psychiatrist say about Van Fleet's need to keep the people he murders? Is Van Fleet perverted, mentally ill or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Van Fleet have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Stone and Cary. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does either have any ulterior motives regarding the relationship? Explain.
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)