|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Stone into a meeting?
2. What is the name of Hank's neighbor?
3. The issue with the financial records concerns $_______.
4. What is Morgan's first name?
5. The man says that Sasha was often ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ms. Balfour? Why is her appearance important?
2. What is Cary's recommendation to Stone regarding his job?
3. What is Scoop Berman's reply when Stone tells him to leave the crime scene?
4. Who is Hi Barker? What does he know about Sasha Nijinsky? What deal is struck between Stone and Barker?
5. Explain the scene in which Dino interrogates Hank. What is Stone's reaction?
6. What is the result of the search conducted by Stone and Dino?
7. What does Stone learn when he goes to Sasha's apartment? Whose permission must be obtained to get inside? Why?
8. What large mistake does Stone make while spending the day with Cary?
9. What is Van Fleet's alibi for the night Sasha fell from the terrace? What is Van Fleet's reaction to the request for a search of his apartment?
10. Why does Stone go to Sasha's apartment? How does he get in to the residence? What does Stone find on the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Stone Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington go next? How might Barrington's relationships with Dino, Judge O'Neil, Elaine, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 2
Stone Barrington is a no-nonsense cop turned attorney in Manhattan. Examine Barrington's career. Why do you think Eggers wanted to hire Barrington? Does Barrington have any knowledge of criminal law? How do Eggers and Barrington know each other? Write a complete character description of Stone Barrington. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Out of the blue, Dino announces that he is going to marry Mary Ann Bianchi. Explain the scenario. What is Stone's reaction? Is this a sudden thing, or have Dino and Mary Ann been together for a long time? Who is Mary Ann's father? What is his profession? What is Dino's relationship to the Bianchis? How might the family business interfere with Dino's police work? Does any of this concern Dino? What is Stone's opinion? What do you think will happen next?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)