|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man's assistant?
2. What do Stone and Dino hope to find at Morgan's house?
3. What is Martin's alias?
4. Who have been the targets of multiple murders in the city?
5. What is the surname of Sasha's lawyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who issues the warrant? What bet is made?
2. What does Stone learn when he goes to Sasha's apartment? Whose permission must be obtained to get inside? Why?
3. What is Van Fleet's alibi for the night Sasha fell from the terrace? What is Van Fleet's reaction to the request for a search of his apartment?
4. What is Cary's recommendation to Stone regarding his job?
5. Who is Hank Morgan? What is her role in the story at this point?
6. Who is Ms. Vincent? What does she say about Hank?
7. What is Scoop Berman's reply when Stone tells him to leave the crime scene?
8. Where does Stone begin to interview people regarding Sasha's alleged death?
9. What red flag does Stone discover when reviewing Sasha's documents?
10. What event occurs on the way from the scene of the fall to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stone Barrington is a New York City cop by profession; Lieutenant Leary has police work in his veins. Compare and contrast the men's personalities, careers, training, and demeanor. Which is the better cop? Which was most effective in the Nijinsky case? Who was the least effective? Why? What might Barrington and/or Bacchetti done better to resolve the case sooner? Do you think the police will ever know everything about the Nijinsky case, Barron Harkness, Van Fleet and Scoop Berman?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of Elaine's on Second Avenue. Why is Elaine's famous? What types of people go to Elaine's? Are Stone and Dino regulars at the restaurant? Who is Elaine Kaufman? Describe Elaine's personality. Describe the relationship between Stone and Elaine. Why is Elaine Kaufman famous? What about Elaine's seems to be a big draw to New Yorkers and tourists alike?
Essay Topic 3
Write your own murder mystery based on "New York Dead". Use Stone Barrington as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)