|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Everett works for which agency?
2. Who is the strange man at the bar?
3. What item is Stone supposed to pick up from this person?
4. Stone inherited his house from his ____.
5. What type of injury did this character receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Stone's family history and how it affects his personal and professional lives.
2. What large mistake does Stone make while spending the day with Cary?
3. What red flag does Stone discover when reviewing Sasha's documents?
4. Discuss the meeting between Stone, Dino and Lieutenant Leary. What is the most pressing case at the moment?
5. What is Scoop Berman's reply when Stone tells him to leave the crime scene?
6. Describe in brief the information learned about Sasha's youth.
7. Briefly discuss the meeting between Stone and Cary Hilliard.
8. What happens Stone is walking home from Elaine's?
9. Where does Stone go while waiting to visit the television studio? What are Stone's thoughts?
10. Where does Stone begin to interview people regarding Sasha's alleged death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is obvious that several of the characters in the book are homosexual or bisexual. How does this fact play into the story? Does it matter? Why do some of the characters find it necessary to hide this fact? How does the sexual preference of the characters affect the story and the investigation? Cite various passages in the text that show a character's sexuality and discuss how it is referenced by Woods. Does Stone have any opinion on this issue? Does Dino?
Essay Topic 2
Stone believes that Cary married Barron for two reasons. The first is that Barron is wealthy and has a good social standing; the second is that she will never be required to testify against Barron, saving both of them from a great deal of trouble. In the United States, a spouse cannot testify in a case against the other spouse. Why? Write an essay on testifying against a spouse. How might this law affect the Nijinsky case? Is this a smart move on Cary's part? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Stone Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington go next? How might Barrington's relationships with Dino, Judge O'Neil, Elaine, and his colleagues change in future books?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)