|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone tells Cary that he feels like a(n) ____.
2. What does Stone see while walking down the street?
3. What is Morgan's first name?
4. What is the name of Stone's boss?
5. Stone gets the impression that Leary wants to make Hank into a:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens Stone is walking home from Elaine's?
2. Who is Hank Morgan? What is her role in the story at this point?
3. Who is Ms. Balfour? Why is her appearance important?
4. Discuss Stone's family history and how it affects his personal and professional lives.
5. What major issue comes between Stone, Dino and Leary? What is Stone's reaction?
6. Where does Stone go while waiting to visit the television studio? What are Stone's thoughts?
7. What is the result of the search conducted by Stone and Dino?
8. What red flag does Stone discover when reviewing Sasha's documents?
9. Who is Marvin Herbert Van Fleet? Why is Van Fleet a suspect? What is his alias? Where does the man work?
10. Describe in brief the information learned about Sasha's youth.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stone Barrington is a New York City cop by profession; Lieutenant Leary has police work in his veins. Compare and contrast the men's personalities, careers, training, and demeanor. Which is the better cop? Which was most effective in the Nijinsky case? Who was the least effective? Why? What might Barrington and/or Bacchetti done better to resolve the case sooner? Do you think the police will ever know everything about the Nijinsky case, Barron Harkness, Van Fleet and Scoop Berman?
Essay Topic 2
There are quite a few bodies discovered in Van Fleet's secret place. Explain the condition of the bodies. How are the bodies identified? Who provides the identification? Do police check the identities in any other way? Explain. Would it be helpful to check fingerprints? Could the police use dental records for identification? Are the identifications correct? Explain. Would these murders be handled differently than any other murder? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
When Stone is forced to retire from the NYPD, Leary offers no comfort. It is clear that Stone was being forced out because he is more or less an outcast in the department. Write a 750 word essay on this situation. Why is Stone being forced out? Do you think Leary had the doctor's report changed? Why does Stone stick out like a sore thumb? Do people deal with Stone just because of Dino? What does Leary have to say about Stone's cooperation with the other cops and the department as a whole? How would you feel in Stone's place?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)