|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man says that Sasha was often ______.
2. What is Martin's alias?
3. What is the name of Stone's partner?
4. What did Sasha intend to do with the money?
5. Van Fleet lives above what type of business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the meeting between Stone and Cary Hilliard.
2. What is Cary's recommendation to Stone regarding his job?
3. Discuss Stone's family history and how it affects his personal and professional lives.
4. What makes Stone think that there is a leak in the department?
5. Describe in brief the information learned about Sasha's youth.
6. Who is Ms. Vincent? What does she say about Hank?
7. Discuss the situation between Stone and Cary.
8. What is Hank's reaction to being questioned about the money?
9. What does Stone learn when he goes to Sasha's apartment? Whose permission must be obtained to get inside? Why?
10. What does Stone say about his early years with the NYPD?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington next? How might Barrington's relationships change in future books? What type of case might Barrington accept next?
Essay Topic 2
It is obvious that several of the characters in the book are homosexual or bisexual. How does this fact play into the story? Does it matter? Why do some of the characters find it necessary to hide this fact? How does the sexual preference of the characters affect the story and the investigation? Cite various passages in the text that show a character's sexuality and discuss how it is referenced by Woods. Does Stone have any opinion on this issue? Does Dino?
Essay Topic 3
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Van Fleet. Discuss Van Fleet's past history in regards to psychiatric issues and aberrant behaviors. What would a psychiatrist say about Van Fleet's need to keep the people he murders? Is Van Fleet perverted, mentally ill or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Van Fleet have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)