|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Everett works for which agency?
2. What is the name of the writer of the article on Sasha?
3. The man says he thinks Martin is ____.
4. Stone makes an appointment to interview ____ at the television station.
5. Where do the pair go to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene in which Dino interrogates Hank. What is Stone's reaction?
2. Why does Stone go to Sasha's apartment? How does he get in to the residence? What does Stone find on the scene?
3. What happens Stone is walking home from Elaine's?
4. Briefly discuss the meeting between Stone and Cary Hilliard.
5. What does Stone learn when he goes to Sasha's apartment? Whose permission must be obtained to get inside? Why?
6. Where does Stone begin to interview people regarding Sasha's alleged death?
7. What is Van Fleet's alibi for the night Sasha fell from the terrace? What is Van Fleet's reaction to the request for a search of his apartment?
8. What red flag does Stone discover when reviewing Sasha's documents?
9. Who is Marvin Herbert Van Fleet? Why is Van Fleet a suspect? What is his alias? Where does the man work?
10. What is Cary's recommendation to Stone regarding his job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your own murder mystery based on "New York Dead". Use Barrington as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of Elaine's on Second Avenue. Why is Elaine's famous? What types of people go to Elaine's? Are Stone and Dino regulars at the restaurant? Who is Elaine Kaufman? Describe Elaine's personality. Describe the relationship between Stone and Elaine. Why is Elaine Kaufman famous? What about Elaine's seems to be a big draw to New Yorkers and tourists alike?
Essay Topic 3
Write your own murder mystery based on "New York Dead". Use Stone Barrington as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)