|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surname of Sasha's next door neighbor?
2. Waldron used to work for which office?
3. The man says that Sasha was often ______.
4. What is the man's unusual first name?
5. What type of injury did this character receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting held in Leary's office. Who is in attendance?
2. Where does Stone go while waiting to visit the television studio? What are Stone's thoughts?
3. Who is Marvin Herbert Van Fleet? Why is Van Fleet a suspect? What is his alias? Where does the man work?
4. What makes Stone think that there is a leak in the department?
5. What is the result of the search conducted by Stone and Dino?
6. Discuss the situation between Stone and Cary.
7. Discuss Stone's family history and how it affects his personal and professional lives.
8. Who is Ms. Balfour? Why is her appearance important?
9. What does Stone say about his early years with the NYPD?
10. What red flag does Stone discover when reviewing Sasha's documents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is an important part of a mystery, often giving clues to the reader and the story's detective. What are the ways in which Woods uses symbolism in his stories? Give examples of blatant symbolism and more subtle symbolism. Compare and contrast the symbolism used in Woods' mysteries and the mysteries written by another famous author.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of Elaine's on Second Avenue. Why is Elaine's famous? What types of people go to Elaine's? Are Stone and Dino regulars at the restaurant? Who is Elaine Kaufman? Describe Elaine's personality. Describe the relationship between Stone and Elaine. Why is Elaine Kaufman famous? What about Elaine's seems to be a big draw to New Yorkers and tourists alike?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Stone Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington go next? How might Barrington's relationships with Dino, Judge O'Neil, Elaine, and his colleagues change in future books?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)