|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Stone's partner?
2. How many hours does Leary give Stone and Dino to get more evidence?
3. What is the character's favorite restaurant?
4. What is the character's first name?
5. What is the name of the woman spotted at the nightclub the previous evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the search conducted by Stone and Dino?
2. Explain the scene in which Dino interrogates Hank. What is Stone's reaction?
3. Discuss the meeting between Stone, Dino and Lieutenant Leary. What is the most pressing case at the moment?
4. What red flag does Stone discover when reviewing Sasha's documents?
5. What large mistake does Stone make while spending the day with Cary?
6. What happens Stone is walking home from Elaine's?
7. Describe the meeting held in Leary's office. Who is in attendance?
8. Who is Marvin Herbert Van Fleet? Why is Van Fleet a suspect? What is his alias? Where does the man work?
9. What does Stone say about his early years with the NYPD?
10. What makes Stone think that there is a leak in the department?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stone Barrington is a no-nonsense cop turned attorney in Manhattan. Examine Barrington's career. Why do you think Eggers wanted to hire Barrington? Does Barrington have any knowledge of criminal law? How do Eggers and Barrington know each other? Write a complete character description of Stone Barrington. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on news sources. Stone goggles at the speed with which some of the media gets their hands on police information. Reporters tend to use any sources they can to get information for the news. For example, it might be easy for Cary to use her relationship with Barrington to get inside information on the case. What are the most common ways to get information? Who might be used as a source? How could a reporter know if a source is valuable and/or reliable? What is commonly known about reporters protecting their sources? What is the penalty for refusing to reveal one's source? Also discuss professional ethics and how it might be difficult to be in a relationship like the one shared by Cary and Stone.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Stone Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington go next? How might Barrington's relationships with Dino, Judge O'Neil, Elaine, and his colleagues change in future books?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)