|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says he does not believe that Sasha was ____.
2. What is the name of the person directly involved in the incident?
3. What is the name of Stone's old lawyer friend?
4. Stone inherited his house from his ____.
5. Who is Stone sent to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe in brief the information learned about Sasha's youth.
2. Discuss the situation between Stone and Cary.
3. Discuss Stone's family history and how it affects his personal and professional lives.
4. Where does Stone begin to interview people regarding Sasha's alleged death?
5. What happens Stone is walking home from Elaine's?
6. What does Stone say about his early years with the NYPD?
7. Describe the meeting held in Leary's office. Who is in attendance?
8. Discuss the meeting between Stone, Dino and Lieutenant Leary. What is the most pressing case at the moment?
9. Where does Stone go while waiting to visit the television studio? What are Stone's thoughts?
10. Why does Stone go to Sasha's apartment? How does he get in to the residence? What does Stone find on the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Barrington. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Barrington next? How might Barrington's relationships change in future books? What type of case might Barrington accept next?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is an important part of a mystery, often giving clues to the reader and the story's detective. What are the ways in which Woods uses symbolism in his stories? Give examples of blatant symbolism and more subtle symbolism. Compare and contrast the symbolism used in Woods' mysteries and the mysteries written by another famous author.
Essay Topic 3
Stone Barrington is a no-nonsense cop turned attorney in Manhattan. Examine Barrington's career. Why do you think Eggers wanted to hire Barrington? Does Barrington have any knowledge of criminal law? How do Eggers and Barrington know each other? Write a complete character description of Stone Barrington. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)