|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character do for a living?
2. The author says he does not believe that Sasha was ____.
3. Leary and Stone agree that Hank seems to be _____.
4. What is Chelsea Barton's profession?
5. What is the surname of Sasha's lawyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cary's recommendation to Stone regarding his job?
2. Who is Ms. Vincent? What does she say about Hank?
3. Who issues the warrant? What bet is made?
4. Where does Stone go while waiting to visit the television studio? What are Stone's thoughts?
5. What is Hank's reaction to being questioned about the money?
6. Why does Stone go to Sasha's apartment? How does he get in to the residence? What does Stone find on the scene?
7. What does Stone learn when he goes to Sasha's apartment? Whose permission must be obtained to get inside? Why?
8. What happens Stone is walking home from Elaine's?
9. Where does Stone begin to interview people regarding Sasha's alleged death?
10. What is the conversation held between Stone and Elaine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are quite a few bodies discovered in Van Fleet's secret place. Explain the condition of the bodies. How are the bodies identified? Who provides the identification? Do police check the identities in any other way? Explain. Would it be helpful to check fingerprints? Could the police use dental records for identification? Are the identifications correct? Explain. Would these murders be handled differently than any other murder? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write your own murder mystery based on "New York Dead". Use Stone Barrington as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Stone and Cary. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does either have any ulterior motives regarding the relationship? Explain.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)