|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Stone gives chase?
(a) His knee gives out.
(b) He falls.
(c) Police order him to stop.
(d) He is shot at by the perp.
2. Stone finds a ______ in Sasha's financial records.
(b) Blackmail scheme.
(d) Missing checking account.
3. Stone gets the impression that Leary wants to make Hank into a:
(a) Material witness.
4. The letter informs Stone that it is time to pay which of the following?
(a) Interest payment.
(b) Back taxes.
(c) Blackmail money.
(d) Inheritance tax.
5. John Everett works for which agency?
(d) Bureau of Internal Affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stone sent to see?
2. What grade of detective is Barrington?
3. What is Martin's alias?
4. Who makes a derogatory comment about Martin after the interview?
5. Leary and Stone agree that Hank seems to be _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Scoop Berman's reply when Stone tells him to leave the crime scene?
2. What is the conversation held between Stone and Elaine?
3. Who is Marvin Herbert Van Fleet? Why is Van Fleet a suspect? What is his alias? Where does the man work?
4. What is Van Fleet's alibi for the night Sasha fell from the terrace? What is Van Fleet's reaction to the request for a search of his apartment?
5. What makes Stone think that there is a leak in the department?
6. What large mistake does Stone make while spending the day with Cary?
7. Discuss Stone's family history and how it affects his personal and professional lives.
8. Describe in brief the information learned about Sasha's youth.
9. Describe the meeting held in Leary's office. Who is in attendance?
10. Who is Hank Morgan? What is her role in the story at this point?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)