|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rude gesture does Jacob make when he comments on the company (Alice) that Bella has at her house when he stops by on the day of Harry's funeral?
2. When Bella wakes up after returning from Italy, what emotion does she tell Edward he needs to let go of?
3. When Bella returns from Italy, who does she learn has cut off his friendship with her?
4. How do Alice and Bella get past the second guard in Volterra?
5. Where does Bella spend most of her spring break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss 3 benefits and 3 challenges that Meyer, as an author, has by choosing to create characters with the ability to see the future. Use examples and citations from the text to support each argument.
Essay Topic 2
Is there a point in _New Moon_ where the fantasy aspect, mythical creatures, and series of events become completely unbelievable? If so, discuss the moment when this happens and what 3 things contribute to this shift. If not, discuss at least 3 literary devices (with quotations from the text) that Meyer does to keep the reader engaged in and connected with a novel about fantastical creatures and events.
Essay Topic 3
The clearing is a location where many significant events happen in Bella's life. Discuss 1) the symbolism of the clearing, 2) what it means to Bella, and 3) what function the clearing plays in the text.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)