|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loses his temper and tries to attack Bella as a werewolf?
2. Why is Bella not a vampire even though she has been bitten by one?
3. What shirt is Edward wearing when Bella sees him for the first time in the square?
4. How do Sam and the rest of the La Push gang feel about Jacob hanging out with Bella?
5. Where does Bella notice that Edward does NOT kiss her after the encounter in the underground chamber?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout _New Moon_, Meyer gives very specific titles to the chapters. Choose 5 chapters and discuss why Meyer chooses to name those chapters as she does.
Essay Topic 2
At one point in _New Moon_, Bella decides that she loves Edward and Jacob because love is not rational. Discuss 1) whether or not this is true for Bella and 2) how the truth or falsity of this statement manifests in Bella's relationship with the two boys. Make sure to use examples and citations from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Bella is continually torn between her love for Edward and her love for Jacob. Write an argument paper with a strong thesis that states which person Bella should choose -- and why.
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)