|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bella compare Edward and Jacob to?
2. Why is the main plaza in Volterra closed when Alice and Bella try to get there to stop Edward?
3. What skill does Aro have?
4. Where does Bella spend most of her spring break?
5. What notable thing does Edward say to Bella on the flight back to Seattle from Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob report about who wins in a vampire/werewolf fight?
2. What causes Edward to realize his mistake in leaving Bella behind in Forks?
3. Why does Edward think that Bella is dead?
4. According to _New Moon_, what is Saint Marcus Day?
5. Why is Jane frustrated when she looks at Bella in the underground room?
6. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
7. Why does Alice return to Forks?
8. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
9. What does Bella think of Emily and Sam's relationship?
10. How does Bella interpret Edward's refusal to kiss her on the lips as he comforts her after the encounter in the underground chamber in Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 characters in _New Moon_ and their self-control -- or lack of self-control -- in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout _New Moon_, Meyer gives very specific titles to the chapters. Choose 5 chapters and discuss why Meyer chooses to name those chapters as she does.
Essay Topic 3
What function does Bella hearing Edward's voice in her head serve in the text? What does it allow Meyer to do that she, as an author, may not otherwise be able to do within the novel?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)