|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bella agree about her choice to jump off the cliff?
2. What vampire does Jacob report has been killed in Chapter 13?
3. How do Alice and Bella get past the second guard in Volterra?
4. How do Alice, Edward, and Bella respond to Aro's invitation to join their family?
5. What does Bella overhear Charlie and Alice talking about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Edward to realize his mistake in leaving Bella behind in Forks?
2. Why doesn't Bella answer Edward's question about getting married?
3. What are the Volturi?
4. Why does Bella get into even more trouble when she tries to explain where she's been to Charlie?
5. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
6. Why does Edward think that Bella is dead?
7. Why does Bella go cliff diving alone?
8. Why does Alice return to Forks?
9. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
10. Why doesn't Bella sleep on the plane back to Seattle from Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jacob and Bella. Make sure to address how it changes over the course of the novel, what it provides for each character, and how it is positive and/or negative for each character. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
The clearing is a location where many significant events happen in Bella's life. Discuss 1) the symbolism of the clearing, 2) what it means to Bella, and 3) what function the clearing plays in the text.
Essay Topic 3
Choose 3 instances of foreshadowing in _New Moon_ and discuss 1) how Meyer foreshadows what is to come, 2) what Meyer foreshadows, and 3) when the thing that is being foreshadowed actually happens.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)