|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Aro have?
2. What causes Bella to shake with horror after she, Edward, and Alice leave the underground chamber in Italy?
3. What kind of car does Alice steal in Italy?
4. When Bella wakes up after returning from Italy, what emotion does she tell Edward he needs to let go of?
5. Who protects Bella when she is nearly attacked by a werewolf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blood plays a crucial, major role in _New Moon_. Discuss the symbolism of blood within the text and 3 literary devices Meyer uses to convey this meaning.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast 2 characters in _New Moon_ and their self-control -- or lack of self-control -- in the story.
Essay Topic 3
_Romeo and Juliet_ continually surfaces in _New Moon_ directly (through Edward and Bella's thoughts and actions) and indirectly (through common themes and situations). Compare and contrast the two couples (i.e. Romeo & Juliet and Edward and Bella) and what happens to their relationships in each text.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)