|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Palazzo dei Priori?
2. Which colleges do Edward and Bella fill out applications for?
3. Where does Edward head when he thinks that Bella is dead?
4. What does Bella think is a bigger concern than Victoria?
5. What does Bella overhear Charlie and Alice talking about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jane frustrated when she looks at Bella in the underground room?
2. What are the Volturi?
3. Why does Edward think that Bella is dead?
4. Why doesn't Bella sleep on the plane back to Seattle from Italy?
5. Why does the idea of aging bother Bella so much?
6. What are the large group of human tourists waiting outside the underground room going to be used for?
7. When Bella overhears Alice and Charlie talking, what does Bella learn about Charlie's concerns for her?
8. Why does Bella go cliff diving alone?
9. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
10. What does Jacob report about who wins in a vampire/werewolf fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although usually only on the periphery, religion makes an appearance several times in _New Moon_. Discuss the role of religion in the novel and the role it plays within the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jacob and Bella. Make sure to address how it changes over the course of the novel, what it provides for each character, and how it is positive and/or negative for each character. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Is the relationship between Bella and Edward emotionally healthy? Provide at least 3 examples from the text, with direct quotations, to support your argument.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)