|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose car is outside of Bella's house when she returns home after hearing of Harry's death?
2. What does Bella tell the wolves about Victoria?
3. What does Bella see as she looks back at the cliff she jumped off of when she is heading home?
4. Why does Emily have scars on one side of her face?
5. Why does Jacob accuse Bella of being a hypocrite?
Essay Topic 1
The clearing is a location where many significant events happen in Bella's life. Discuss 1) the symbolism of the clearing, 2) what it means to Bella, and 3) what function the clearing plays in the text.
Essay Topic 2
List 3 literary devices that Meyer uses to build tension in _New Moon_. Use at least 3 different instances where she builds tension, and use direct quotes and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
What function does Bella hearing Edward's voice in her head serve in the text? What does it allow Meyer to do that she, as an author, may not otherwise be able to do within the novel?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)