|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bella compare Edward and Jacob to?
2. Where does Edward confess that he had hidden all of Bella's stuff?
3. Where do the wolves want Bella and Charlie to be while they hunt Victoria?
4. What threatening power does the young vampire girl have?
5. According to Alice, why does Bella smell so bad when she returns from her cliff-diving incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alice return to Forks?
2. According to _New Moon_, what is Saint Marcus Day?
3. Why doesn't Bella sleep on the plane back to Seattle from Italy?
4. Why does Jacob disappear during Bella's spring break?
5. Who does Bella decide to be with romantically -- Edward or Jacob -- after she jumps off the cliff?
6. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
7. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
8. Why did Sam attack Emily and leave the scars on her face?
9. What causes Edward to realize his mistake in leaving Bella behind in Forks?
10. What does Bella think of Emily and Sam's relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point in _New Moon_, Bella decides that she loves Edward and Jacob because love is not rational. Discuss 1) whether or not this is true for Bella and 2) how the truth or falsity of this statement manifests in Bella's relationship with the two boys. Make sure to use examples and citations from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Choose 3 instances of foreshadowing in _New Moon_ and discuss 1) how Meyer foreshadows what is to come, 2) what Meyer foreshadows, and 3) when the thing that is being foreshadowed actually happens.
Essay Topic 3
What function does Bella hearing Edward's voice in her head serve in the text? What does it allow Meyer to do that she, as an author, may not otherwise be able to do within the novel?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)