|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the bruises under Edward's eyes indicate?
2. What rude thing does Jacob say into the phone when he answers the phone at Bella's house?
3. What, according to Jacob, are some of the features of a werewolf?
4. Who does Edward confess he has been tracking the entire time he has been gone from Forks?
5. When is Edward allowed to visit the Swan house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bella decide to be with romantically -- Edward or Jacob -- after she jumps off the cliff?
2. Why doesn't Bella answer Edward's question about getting married?
3. How does Bella misinterpret Jacob's comment that the people hunting for the wolves in the forest will be dead if they aren't careful?
4. According to _New Moon_, what is Saint Marcus Day?
5. When Bella overhears Alice and Charlie talking, what does Bella learn about Charlie's concerns for her?
6. What are the large group of human tourists waiting outside the underground room going to be used for?
7. Why did Sam attack Emily and leave the scars on her face?
8. Why doesn't Bella sleep on the plane back to Seattle from Italy?
9. Why is Jane frustrated when she looks at Bella in the underground room?
10. What are the Volturi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bella is continually torn between her love for Edward and her love for Jacob. Write an argument paper with a strong thesis that states which person Bella should choose -- and why.
Essay Topic 2
The clearing is a location where many significant events happen in Bella's life. Discuss 1) the symbolism of the clearing, 2) what it means to Bella, and 3) what function the clearing plays in the text.
Essay Topic 3
Although usually only on the periphery, religion makes an appearance several times in _New Moon_. Discuss the role of religion in the novel and the role it plays within the text.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)