|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bella think she must become a vampire soon?
2. Who is on the other end of the phone when Jacob makes his rude comment?
3. How does Edward respond when Bella confesses that she put herself in dangerous situations just to hear his voice?
4. What is the Palazzo dei Priori?
5. Why did Edward say he didn't want to be with her anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the large group of human tourists waiting outside the underground room going to be used for?
2. Why does Jacob disappear during Bella's spring break?
3. Why does Bella go cliff diving alone?
4. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
5. According to _New Moon_, what is Saint Marcus Day?
6. Why does Alice return to Forks?
7. Why does the idea of aging bother Bella so much?
8. Why is Jane frustrated when she looks at Bella in the underground room?
9. What is the "fire" that Bella sees streak by the cliffs after she jumps off of them and is heading home?
10. How does Bella misinterpret Jacob's comment that the people hunting for the wolves in the forest will be dead if they aren't careful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The clearing is a location where many significant events happen in Bella's life. Discuss 1) the symbolism of the clearing, 2) what it means to Bella, and 3) what function the clearing plays in the text.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Bella and Edward's craving and desire for each other. Make sure to address why the solution to their desire, while seemingly so simple, is indeed very complicated. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
_Romeo and Juliet_ continually surfaces in _New Moon_ directly (through Edward and Bella's thoughts and actions) and indirectly (through common themes and situations). Compare and contrast the two couples (i.e. Romeo & Juliet and Edward and Bella) and what happens to their relationships in each text.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)