|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sam and the rest of the La Push gang feel about Jacob hanging out with Bella?
2. Why does Bella storm into the Black house after her dream?
3. What ultimatum does Bella give Charlie about Edward?
4. Who does Edward confess he has been tracking the entire time he has been gone from Forks?
5. Who votes NOT to turn Bella into a vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
2. Why does Bella get into even more trouble when she tries to explain where she's been to Charlie?
3. According to _New Moon_, what is Saint Marcus Day?
4. Why doesn't Bella answer Edward's question about getting married?
5. What is the "fire" that Bella sees streak by the cliffs after she jumps off of them and is heading home?
6. What does Bella think of Emily and Sam's relationship?
7. What causes Edward to realize his mistake in leaving Bella behind in Forks?
8. What are the Volturi?
9. Why is Edward going to Italy?
10. What does Jacob report about who wins in a vampire/werewolf fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give 3 reasons why Meyer chooses the settings that she does in _New Moon_ and how they contribute to the text. Make sure to address at least 2 different settings.
Essay Topic 2
Choose at least 3 dreams that are described in _New Moon_ and analyze the symbolism and/or foreshadowing that is present in each dream.
Essay Topic 3
_Romeo and Juliet_ continually surfaces in _New Moon_ directly (through Edward and Bella's thoughts and actions) and indirectly (through common themes and situations). Compare and contrast the two couples (i.e. Romeo & Juliet and Edward and Bella) and what happens to their relationships in each text.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)