|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Bella from drowning during her first attempt at cliff diving?
2. How does Charlie react to seeing Alice in his house after Harry dies?
3. What is the one rule that all vampires must follow?
4. What shirt is Edward wearing when Bella sees him for the first time in the square?
5. What rude thing does Jacob say into the phone when he answers the phone at Bella's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bella decide to be with romantically -- Edward or Jacob -- after she jumps off the cliff?
2. Why does Edward not mind filling out college applications with Bella?
3. Why does Bella go cliff diving alone?
4. What does Jacob report about who wins in a vampire/werewolf fight?
5. What is the "fire" that Bella sees streak by the cliffs after she jumps off of them and is heading home?
6. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
7. Why does the idea of aging bother Bella so much?
8. What are the Volturi?
9. Why is Jane frustrated when she looks at Bella in the underground room?
10. When Bella overhears Alice and Charlie talking, what does Bella learn about Charlie's concerns for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although usually only on the periphery, religion makes an appearance several times in _New Moon_. Discuss the role of religion in the novel and the role it plays within the text.
Essay Topic 2
What function does Bella hearing Edward's voice in her head serve in the text? What does it allow Meyer to do that she, as an author, may not otherwise be able to do within the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Bella is continually torn between her love for Edward and her love for Jacob. Write an argument paper with a strong thesis that states which person Bella should choose -- and why.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)