|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Palazzo dei Priori?
2. What does Bella agree about her choice to jump off the cliff?
3. What kind of car does Alice steal in Italy?
4. What do Edward and Bella talk about during the flight back to Seattle from Italy?
5. According to Alice, why does Bella smell so bad when she returns from her cliff-diving incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bella answer Edward's question about getting married?
2. Why is Edward going to Italy?
3. What are the large group of human tourists waiting outside the underground room going to be used for?
4. What causes Edward to realize his mistake in leaving Bella behind in Forks?
5. Why doesn't Bella sleep on the plane back to Seattle from Italy?
6. Why does Jacob disappear during Bella's spring break?
7. How does Bella misinterpret Jacob's comment that the people hunting for the wolves in the forest will be dead if they aren't careful?
8. Why does Alice return to Forks?
9. Why does Edward not mind filling out college applications with Bella?
10. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blood plays a crucial, major role in _New Moon_. Discuss the symbolism of blood within the text and 3 literary devices Meyer uses to convey this meaning.
Essay Topic 2
What function does Bella hearing Edward's voice in her head serve in the text? What does it allow Meyer to do that she, as an author, may not otherwise be able to do within the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Bella is continually torn between her love for Edward and her love for Jacob. Write an argument paper with a strong thesis that states which person Bella should choose -- and why.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)