|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice initially think Edward's first plan is for when he arrives in Italy?
2. According to Alice, why does Bella smell so bad when she returns from her cliff-diving incident?
3. What threatening power does the young vampire girl have?
4. How does Bella get to the Cullen house for the vote on her becoming a vampire?
5. How does Bella make it through the square faster in her quest to reach Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
2. Why does Bella get into even more trouble when she tries to explain where she's been to Charlie?
3. According to _New Moon_, what is Saint Marcus Day?
4. Why is Edward going to Italy?
5. What causes Edward to realize his mistake in leaving Bella behind in Forks?
6. How does Bella interpret Edward's refusal to kiss her on the lips as he comforts her after the encounter in the underground chamber in Italy?
7. Why is Jane frustrated when she looks at Bella in the underground room?
8. Why does Bella go cliff diving alone?
9. Who does Bella decide to be with romantically -- Edward or Jacob -- after she jumps off the cliff?
10. Why does Edward not mind filling out college applications with Bella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bella is continually torn between her love for Edward and her love for Jacob. Write an argument paper with a strong thesis that states which person Bella should choose -- and why.
Essay Topic 2
Choose 3 instances of foreshadowing in _New Moon_ and discuss 1) how Meyer foreshadows what is to come, 2) what Meyer foreshadows, and 3) when the thing that is being foreshadowed actually happens.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast 2 characters in _New Moon_ and their self-control -- or lack of self-control -- in the story.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)