|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bella storm into the Black house after her dream?
2. How does Bella make it through the square faster in her quest to reach Edward?
3. How does Bella respond to seeing Alice in her house after the cliff-diving incident?
4. Why did Edward say he didn't want to be with her anymore?
5. What kind of car does Alice steal in Italy?
Essay Topic 1
What function does Bella hearing Edward's voice in her head serve in the text? What does it allow Meyer to do that she, as an author, may not otherwise be able to do within the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Although usually only on the periphery, religion makes an appearance several times in _New Moon_. Discuss the role of religion in the novel and the role it plays within the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Jacob and Bella. Make sure to address how it changes over the course of the novel, what it provides for each character, and how it is positive and/or negative for each character. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)