|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Edward allowed to visit the Swan house?
2. How does Harry die?
3. Why does Bella storm into the Black house after her dream?
4. Who acts as the spokesperson for the werewolves to Bella and Edward?
5. What shirt is Edward wearing when Bella sees him for the first time in the square?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bella decide to be with romantically -- Edward or Jacob -- after she jumps off the cliff?
2. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
3. Why is Edward going to Italy?
4. What are the large group of human tourists waiting outside the underground room going to be used for?
5. When Bella overhears Alice and Charlie talking, what does Bella learn about Charlie's concerns for her?
6. What is the "fire" that Bella sees streak by the cliffs after she jumps off of them and is heading home?
7. What character are the Volturi men completely submissive to when Bella and Edward meet them for the first time in the town square?
8. What are the Volturi?
9. Why does the idea of aging bother Bella so much?
10. Why does Edward not mind filling out college applications with Bella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the relationship between Bella and Edward emotionally healthy? Provide at least 3 examples from the text, with direct quotations, to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Is there a point in _New Moon_ where the fantasy aspect, mythical creatures, and series of events become completely unbelievable? If so, discuss the moment when this happens and what 3 things contribute to this shift. If not, discuss at least 3 literary devices (with quotations from the text) that Meyer does to keep the reader engaged in and connected with a novel about fantastical creatures and events.
Essay Topic 3
_Romeo and Juliet_ continually surfaces in _New Moon_ directly (through Edward and Bella's thoughts and actions) and indirectly (through common themes and situations). Compare and contrast the two couples (i.e. Romeo & Juliet and Edward and Bella) and what happens to their relationships in each text.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)