|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Bella to cliff dive for the first time?
2. Who is on the other end of the phone when Jacob makes his rude comment?
3. What does Bella tell the wolves about Victoria?
4. Why does Bella storm into the Black house after her dream?
5. What major, romantic gesture almost happens between Jacob and Bella while they are arguing whether or not it is possible for Bella to be friends with both vampires and werewolves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Edward to realize his mistake in leaving Bella behind in Forks?
2. What is the "fire" that Bella sees streak by the cliffs after she jumps off of them and is heading home?
3. Why does Edward not mind filling out college applications with Bella?
4. How does Bella interpret Edward's refusal to kiss her on the lips as he comforts her after the encounter in the underground chamber in Italy?
5. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
6. What does Bella think of Emily and Sam's relationship?
7. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
8. Why did Sam attack Emily and leave the scars on her face?
9. Why is Edward going to Italy?
10. Who does Bella decide to be with romantically -- Edward or Jacob -- after she jumps off the cliff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 characters in _New Moon_ and their self-control -- or lack of self-control -- in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jacob and Bella. Make sure to address how it changes over the course of the novel, what it provides for each character, and how it is positive and/or negative for each character. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Is Bella's hesitancy to get married surprising or not surprising for her character? Using direct quotes from the text, analyze her hesitancy around the topic of marriage and how this hesitancy either goes along with or goes against her character.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)