|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Bella to shake with horror after she, Edward, and Alice leave the underground chamber in Italy?
2. Which colleges do Edward and Bella fill out applications for?
3. Where does Bella spend most of her spring break?
4. Why is the main plaza in Volterra closed when Alice and Bella try to get there to stop Edward?
5. How does Charlie react to seeing Alice in his house after Harry dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alice return to Forks?
2. Why doesn't Bella sleep on the plane back to Seattle from Italy?
3. According to _New Moon_, what is Saint Marcus Day?
4. What is the "fire" that Bella sees streak by the cliffs after she jumps off of them and is heading home?
5. What character are the Volturi men completely submissive to when Bella and Edward meet them for the first time in the town square?
6. Why is Edward going to Italy?
7. Why does Bella get into even more trouble when she tries to explain where she's been to Charlie?
8. What are the Volturi?
9. Why did Sam attack Emily and leave the scars on her face?
10. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point in _New Moon_, Bella decides that she loves Edward and Jacob because love is not rational. Discuss 1) whether or not this is true for Bella and 2) how the truth or falsity of this statement manifests in Bella's relationship with the two boys. Make sure to use examples and citations from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Is the reader supposed to believe that Bella really hears Edward's voice in her head, or is the reader supposed to believe that Bella is hallucinating? Provide at least 3 examples and direct quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Give 3 reasons why Meyer chooses the settings that she does in _New Moon_ and how they contribute to the text. Make sure to address at least 2 different settings.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)