|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one rule that all vampires must follow?
2. What ultimatum does Bella give Charlie about Edward?
3. Where does Edward head when he thinks that Bella is dead?
4. How does Bella get to the Cullen house for the vote on her becoming a vampire?
5. Where does Edward kiss Bella to calm her after the encounter in the underground chamber?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Edward going to Italy?
2. Who does Bella decide to be with romantically -- Edward or Jacob -- after she jumps off the cliff?
3. What character are the Volturi men completely submissive to when Bella and Edward meet them for the first time in the town square?
4. Why does Alice return to Forks?
5. How does Bella misinterpret Jacob's comment that the people hunting for the wolves in the forest will be dead if they aren't careful?
6. What are the large group of human tourists waiting outside the underground room going to be used for?
7. Why did Sam attack Emily and leave the scars on her face?
8. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
9. What are the Volturi?
10. What is the "fire" that Bella sees streak by the cliffs after she jumps off of them and is heading home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Bella and Edward's craving and desire for each other. Make sure to address why the solution to their desire, while seemingly so simple, is indeed very complicated. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
List 3 literary devices that Meyer uses to build tension in _New Moon_. Use at least 3 different instances where she builds tension, and use direct quotes and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
_Romeo and Juliet_ continually surfaces in _New Moon_ directly (through Edward and Bella's thoughts and actions) and indirectly (through common themes and situations). Compare and contrast the two couples (i.e. Romeo & Juliet and Edward and Bella) and what happens to their relationships in each text.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)