|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what play does Edward quote when he sees Bella for the first time in the square?
2. What does Bella agree about her choice to jump off the cliff?
3. Where does Edward confess that he had hidden all of Bella's stuff?
4. Who does Bella confess to Jacob bit her last year?
5. Why does Jacob refuse to go into Bella's house as he drops her off after they learn about Harry's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bella interpret Edward's refusal to kiss her on the lips as he comforts her after the encounter in the underground chamber in Italy?
2. According to _New Moon_, what is Saint Marcus Day?
3. Why doesn't Bella sleep on the plane back to Seattle from Italy?
4. How does Bella misinterpret Jacob's comment that the people hunting for the wolves in the forest will be dead if they aren't careful?
5. Why does Bella go cliff diving alone?
6. Why does Edward not mind filling out college applications with Bella?
7. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
8. Why is Jane frustrated when she looks at Bella in the underground room?
9. What are the Volturi?
10. Why does Bella get into even more trouble when she tries to explain where she's been to Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although usually only on the periphery, religion makes an appearance several times in _New Moon_. Discuss the role of religion in the novel and the role it plays within the text.
Essay Topic 2
Blood plays a crucial, major role in _New Moon_. Discuss the symbolism of blood within the text and 3 literary devices Meyer uses to convey this meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss 3 benefits and 3 challenges that Meyer, as an author, has by choosing to create characters with the ability to see the future. Use examples and citations from the text to support each argument.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)