|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Bella from drowning during her first attempt at cliff diving?
2. What do Edward and Bella talk about during the flight back to Seattle from Italy?
3. Where does Bella spend most of her spring break?
4. What does Bella tell the wolves about Victoria?
5. What rude thing does Jacob say into the phone when he answers the phone at Bella's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacob disappear during Bella's spring break?
2. Why did Sam attack Emily and leave the scars on her face?
3. Why does Bella get into even more trouble when she tries to explain where she's been to Charlie?
4. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
5. What are the large group of human tourists waiting outside the underground room going to be used for?
6. Why does the idea of aging bother Bella so much?
7. What causes Edward to realize his mistake in leaving Bella behind in Forks?
8. Why is Edward going to Italy?
9. Why doesn't Bella answer Edward's question about getting married?
10. How does Bella misinterpret Jacob's comment that the people hunting for the wolves in the forest will be dead if they aren't careful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jacob and Bella. Make sure to address how it changes over the course of the novel, what it provides for each character, and how it is positive and/or negative for each character. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Is the reader supposed to believe that Bella really hears Edward's voice in her head, or is the reader supposed to believe that Bella is hallucinating? Provide at least 3 examples and direct quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Is Bella's hesitancy to get married surprising or not surprising for her character? Using direct quotes from the text, analyze her hesitancy around the topic of marriage and how this hesitancy either goes along with or goes against her character.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)