|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the days after her birthday party, why does Bella decide she must run away with Edward?
2. Who finds Bella after she wanders away, after Edward breaks up with her?
3. What treatment does Bella's injured arm need?
4. In the Preface, what is trapping Alice?
5. Who is the first person Bella takes a picture of with the camera she got for her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bella notice about Jacob when he takes his shirt off to stop her head wound from bleeding?
2. Why does Bella decide to head out on her own and hike to the clearing?
3. What special gift does Alice have?
4. What anniversary does Bella think about when she starts to snap out of her funk after Edward leaves her?
5. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
6. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
7. How does Bella feel when she reaches the clearing during her hike alone?
8. Why is being sent back to live with her mother more than Bella can bear?
9. What does Edward believe happens to a person's soul when he or she becomes a vampire?
10. What impression does Bella get about her request of Carlisle to be made a vampire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jacob and Bella. Make sure to address how it changes over the course of the novel, what it provides for each character, and how it is positive and/or negative for each character. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Although usually only on the periphery, religion makes an appearance several times in _New Moon_. Discuss the role of religion in the novel and the role it plays within the text.
Essay Topic 3
Choose at least 3 dreams that are described in _New Moon_ and analyze the symbolism and/or foreshadowing that is present in each dream.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)