|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Edward give Bella the first time she rides the bike successfully?
2. How does Jacob suggest that Bella figure out his secret?
3. How does Edward end up in Bella's room on the night of her birthday?
4. In the Preface, who does Bella say surrounds her and Alice?
5. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bella decide to head out on her own and hike to the clearing?
2. What reason does Jacob give Bella about why they cannot be friends anymore?
3. What deal does Bella make with Jacob about fixing up the motorcycles?
4. How does Bella offer to prove to Jacob that she enjoys his company (after he finishes fixing up the motorcycles)?
5. Why does Charlie threaten Bella with being sent back to live with her mother?
6. Why is Carlisle able to control himself around Bella when she is bleeding so heavily from her arm?
7. Why does Bella decide to confide in Charlie about her fears that Jacob may have been forced into a cult led by Sam?
8. What special gift does Alice have?
9. What does Edward believe happens to a person's soul when he or she becomes a vampire?
10. After Edward calls off their relationship, what does Bella notice is missing from her room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the relationship between Bella and Edward emotionally healthy? Provide at least 3 examples from the text, with direct quotations, to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Give 3 reasons why Meyer chooses the settings that she does in _New Moon_ and how they contribute to the text. Make sure to address at least 2 different settings.
Essay Topic 3
Choose 3 instances of foreshadowing in _New Moon_ and discuss 1) how Meyer foreshadows what is to come, 2) what Meyer foreshadows, and 3) when the thing that is being foreshadowed actually happens.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)