|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella feel physically the morning after her birthday party?
2. How tall has Jacob grown to be when Bella visits him in Chapter 5?
3. How does Bella figure out that Jacob is a werewolf?
4. Who drives Bella home after her birthday party?
5. Who does Bella blame for brainwashing Jacob?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie threaten Bella with being sent back to live with her mother?
2. Why does Bella decide to head out on her own and hike to the clearing?
3. What remedy does Bella need for the injuries she gets during her first motorcycle ride?
4. After her birthday, why does Bella promise herself to stay away from the Cullen family?
5. Why does Bella not look inside the abandoned Cullen house when she goes to see it?
6. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
7. What exactly is Bella rushing to do in the Preface?
8. How does Bella feel when she reaches the clearing during her hike alone?
9. What anniversary does Bella think about when she starts to snap out of her funk after Edward leaves her?
10. What does Bella notice about Jacob when he takes his shirt off to stop her head wound from bleeding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The clearing is a location where many significant events happen in Bella's life. Discuss 1) the symbolism of the clearing, 2) what it means to Bella, and 3) what function the clearing plays in the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jacob and Bella. Make sure to address how it changes over the course of the novel, what it provides for each character, and how it is positive and/or negative for each character. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Give 3 reasons why Meyer chooses the settings that she does in _New Moon_ and how they contribute to the text. Make sure to address at least 2 different settings.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)