|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
2. What injury does Bella have as her birthday festivities come to a close in Chapter 1?
3. Why can't Bella bear to watch the zombie movie when it first starts?
4. Who scratches on Bella's window as she is crying herself to sleep?
5. What does Bella call her father behind his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bella offer to prove to Jacob that she enjoys his company (after he finishes fixing up the motorcycles)?
2. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
3. How does Bella misinterpret Jacob's comment that the people hunting for the wolves in the forest will be dead if they aren't careful?
4. Why is being sent back to live with her mother more than Bella can bear?
5. What are the large group of human tourists waiting outside the underground room going to be used for?
6. What is the "fire" that Bella sees streak by the cliffs after she jumps off of them and is heading home?
7. When Bella overhears Alice and Charlie talking, what does Bella learn about Charlie's concerns for her?
8. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
9. After Edward calls off their relationship, what does Bella notice is missing from her room?
10. Why does Bella not look inside the abandoned Cullen house when she goes to see it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point in _New Moon_, Bella decides that she loves Edward and Jacob because love is not rational. Discuss 1) whether or not this is true for Bella and 2) how the truth or falsity of this statement manifests in Bella's relationship with the two boys. Make sure to use examples and citations from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Is the relationship between Bella and Edward emotionally healthy? Provide at least 3 examples from the text, with direct quotations, to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Is the reader supposed to believe that Bella really hears Edward's voice in her head, or is the reader supposed to believe that Bella is hallucinating? Provide at least 3 examples and direct quotations from the text to support your position.
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)