|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harry Clearwater?
2. What makes Bella giggle for the first time in months (after Edward has broken up with her)?
3. Thinking she has failed in her mission, what does Bella says she forfeits in the Preface?
4. What does Jacob tell Bella the clutch of a motorcycle is like when he is teaching her how to ride?
5. In the Preface, who does Bella say surrounds her and Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chapter 9 called "Third Wheel"?
2. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
3. How does Bella feel when she reaches the clearing during her hike alone?
4. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
5. What are the Volturi?
6. Why does Edward NOT let Bella say goodbye to Alice?
7. What impression does Bella get about her request of Carlisle to be made a vampire?
8. What remedy does Bella need for the injuries she gets during her first motorcycle ride?
9. Why does Bella buy the motorcycles she finds on the side of the road?
10. Why does Edward not mind filling out college applications with Bella?
Essay Topic 1
Is the relationship between Bella and Edward emotionally healthy? Provide at least 3 examples from the text, with direct quotations, to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jacob and Bella. Make sure to address how it changes over the course of the novel, what it provides for each character, and how it is positive and/or negative for each character. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Give 3 reasons why Meyer chooses the settings that she does in _New Moon_ and how they contribute to the text. Make sure to address at least 2 different settings.
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)