|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy react to Jacob's concern about the La Push gang and his friend?
2. Who does Jacob confess to Bella gives him the creeps?
3. Where does Bella place all of the pictures she takes with her new camera?
4. Who scratches on Bella's window as she is crying herself to sleep?
5. How does Bella get a paper cut on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Preface, what does Bella imply might be lost if she does not reach her goal?
2. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
3. What special gift does Alice have?
4. How does Bella end up injuring her arm during her birthday party?
5. Why does Bella decide to confide in Charlie about her fears that Jacob may have been forced into a cult led by Sam?
6. Why is Chapter 9 called "Third Wheel"?
7. Why does Bella not look inside the abandoned Cullen house when she goes to see it?
8. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
9. What reason does Jacob give Bella about why they cannot be friends anymore?
10. What remedy does Bella need for the injuries she gets during her first motorcycle ride?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The clearing is a location where many significant events happen in Bella's life. Discuss 1) the symbolism of the clearing, 2) what it means to Bella, and 3) what function the clearing plays in the text.
Essay Topic 2
Although usually only on the periphery, religion makes an appearance several times in _New Moon_. Discuss the role of religion in the novel and the role it plays within the text.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast 2 characters in _New Moon_ and their self-control -- or lack of self-control -- in the story.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)