|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bella become fearful of Laurent when she meets him alone in the clearing?
2. How has Jacob physically changed from when Bella last saw him at the movie theater?
3. What treatment does Bella's injured arm need?
4. Why does Bella go visit the Cullen house even though she knows they have left town?
5. What does Jacob tell Bella the clutch of a motorcycle is like when he is teaching her how to ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Bella get about her request of Carlisle to be made a vampire?
2. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
3. What does Bella notice about Jacob when he takes his shirt off to stop her head wound from bleeding?
4. How does Bella feel when she reaches the clearing during her hike alone?
5. What anniversary does Bella think about when she starts to snap out of her funk after Edward leaves her?
6. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
7. Why does Bella buy the motorcycles she finds on the side of the road?
8. Before heading to Bella's birthday party, when does Edward confess to her that he considered suicide?
9. What makes it possible for Carlisle to be a doctor?
10. What exactly is Bella rushing to do in the Preface?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least 3 dreams that are described in _New Moon_ and analyze the symbolism and/or foreshadowing that is present in each dream.
Essay Topic 2
Is the relationship between Bella and Edward emotionally healthy? Provide at least 3 examples from the text, with direct quotations, to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
_Romeo and Juliet_ continually surfaces in _New Moon_ directly (through Edward and Bella's thoughts and actions) and indirectly (through common themes and situations). Compare and contrast the two couples (i.e. Romeo & Juliet and Edward and Bella) and what happens to their relationships in each text.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)