Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the tickets for that Edward gives Bella for her birthday?
2. What birthday is Bella celebrating when the book opens?
3. What treatment does Bella's injured arm need?
4. How long has Bella's grandmother been dead when the book opens?
5. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bella decide to head out on her own and hike to the clearing?
2. Why does Jacob disappear during Bella's spring break?
3. Why does Bella struggle with telling Jacob that people are going to be out trying to hunt the wolves?
4. What makes it possible for Carlisle to be a doctor?
5. Why does Bella get into even more trouble when she tries to explain where she's been to Charlie?
6. Why does Jasper keep his distance from Bella at her birthday party?
7. What deal does Bella make with Jacob about fixing up the motorcycles?
8. What time period (past, present, or future) does the Preface take place in?
9. What reason does Jacob give Bella about why they cannot be friends anymore?
10. How does Bella end up injuring her arm during her birthday party?
_Romeo and Juliet_ continually surfaces in _New Moon_ directly (through Edward and Bella's thoughts and actions) and indirectly (through common themes and situations). Compare and contrast the two couples (i.e. Romeo & Juliet and Edward and Bella) and what happens to their relationships in each text.
Choose at least 3 dreams that are described in _New Moon_ and analyze the symbolism and/or foreshadowing that is present in each dream.
Is the reader supposed to believe that Bella really hears Edward's voice in her head, or is the reader supposed to believe that Bella is hallucinating? Provide at least 3 examples and direct quotations from the text to support your position.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)