Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the tickets for that Edward gives Bella for her birthday?
2. What birthday is Bella celebrating when the book opens?
3. What treatment does Bella's injured arm need?
4. How long has Bella's grandmother been dead when the book opens?
5. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bella decide to head out on her own and hike to the clearing?
2. Why does Jacob disappear during Bella's spring break?
3. Why does Bella struggle with telling Jacob that people are going to be out trying to hunt the wolves?
4. What makes it possible for Carlisle to be a doctor?
5. Why does Bella get into even more trouble when she tries to explain where she's been to Charlie?
6. Why does Jasper keep his distance from Bella at her birthday party?
7. What deal does Bella make with Jacob about fixing up the motorcycles?
8. What time period (past, present, or future) does the Preface take place in?
9. What reason does Jacob give Bella about why they cannot be friends anymore?
10. How does Bella end up injuring her arm during her birthday party?
The clearing is a location where many significant events happen in Bella's life. Discuss 1) the symbolism of the clearing, 2) what it means to Bella, and 3) what function the clearing plays in the text.
Discuss 3 benefits and 3 challenges that Meyer, as an author, has by choosing to create characters with the ability to see the future. Use examples and citations from the text to support each argument.
Discuss the relationship between Jacob and Bella. Make sure to address how it changes over the course of the novel, what it provides for each character, and how it is positive and/or negative for each character. Additionally, make sure to use quotations directly from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)