|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
2. Why does Bella go visit the Cullen house even though she knows they have left town?
3. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
4. Where does Bella wander to after Edward dumps her?
5. Who does Bella ask to help her fix up the motorcycles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bella struggle with telling Jacob that people are going to be out trying to hunt the wolves?
2. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
3. In the Preface, what does Bella imply might be lost if she does not reach her goal?
4. Why does Bella decide to confide in Charlie about her fears that Jacob may have been forced into a cult led by Sam?
5. What does Edward believe happens to a person's soul when he or she becomes a vampire?
6. What strange dream does Bella have about Sam Uley?
7. Why is Chapter 9 called "Third Wheel"?
8. What impression does Bella get about her request of Carlisle to be made a vampire?
9. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
10. Before heading to Bella's birthday party, when does Edward confess to her that he considered suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What function does Bella hearing Edward's voice in her head serve in the text? What does it allow Meyer to do that she, as an author, may not otherwise be able to do within the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose 3 instances of foreshadowing in _New Moon_ and discuss 1) how Meyer foreshadows what is to come, 2) what Meyer foreshadows, and 3) when the thing that is being foreshadowed actually happens.
Essay Topic 3
Blood plays a crucial, major role in _New Moon_. Discuss the symbolism of blood within the text and 3 literary devices Meyer uses to convey this meaning.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)