|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Bella buy the motorcycles?
2. What are the tickets for that Edward gives Bella for her birthday?
3. Why does Charlie NOT respond to Bella's worry about Sam?
4. How does Billy react to Jacob's concern about the La Push gang and his friend?
5. Who protects Bella from Jasper's attack on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie threaten Bella with being sent back to live with her mother?
2. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
3. What does Bella notice about Jacob when he takes his shirt off to stop her head wound from bleeding?
4. Why does Bella buy the motorcycles she finds on the side of the road?
5. Why does Bella struggle with telling Jacob that people are going to be out trying to hunt the wolves?
6. Why does Bella not look inside the abandoned Cullen house when she goes to see it?
7. In the Preface, what does Bella imply might be lost if she does not reach her goal?
8. What impression does Bella get about her request of Carlisle to be made a vampire?
9. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
10. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bella is continually torn between her love for Edward and her love for Jacob. Write an argument paper with a strong thesis that states which person Bella should choose -- and why.
Essay Topic 2
Is the relationship between Bella and Edward emotionally healthy? Provide at least 3 examples from the text, with direct quotations, to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Although usually only on the periphery, religion makes an appearance several times in _New Moon_. Discuss the role of religion in the novel and the role it plays within the text.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)