|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella describe her feet in the Preface?
2. From whom does Bella need to keep her motorcycle a secret?
3. In Chapter 7, which friend of Jacob's was recently recruited to the La Push gang?
4. Why does Charlie NOT respond to Bella's worry about Sam?
5. What does Jacob tell Bella he cannot get out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
2. What does Bella notice about Jacob when he takes his shirt off to stop her head wound from bleeding?
3. What exactly is Bella rushing to do in the Preface?
4. What time period (past, present, or future) does the Preface take place in?
5. What anniversary does Bella think about when she starts to snap out of her funk after Edward leaves her?
6. Why does Charlie threaten Bella with being sent back to live with her mother?
7. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
8. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
9. Why is Carlisle able to control himself around Bella when she is bleeding so heavily from her arm?
10. In the Preface, what does Bella imply might be lost if she does not reach her goal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout _New Moon_, Meyer gives very specific titles to the chapters. Choose 5 chapters and discuss why Meyer chooses to name those chapters as she does.
Essay Topic 2
Blood plays a crucial, major role in _New Moon_. Discuss the symbolism of blood within the text and 3 literary devices Meyer uses to convey this meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Is the reader supposed to believe that Bella really hears Edward's voice in her head, or is the reader supposed to believe that Bella is hallucinating? Provide at least 3 examples and direct quotations from the text to support your position.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)