|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Preface, who does Bella say surrounds her and Alice?
2. In Chapter 7, which friend of Jacob's was recently recruited to the La Push gang?
3. Who does Bella blame for brainwashing Jacob?
4. Why does Bella invite Jessica to see a zombie movie with her?
5. In the Preface, what is trapping Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bella end up injuring her arm during her birthday party?
2. Why is Chapter 9 called "Third Wheel"?
3. What special gift does Alice have?
4. Why does Bella buy the motorcycles she finds on the side of the road?
5. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
6. How does Bella offer to prove to Jacob that she enjoys his company (after he finishes fixing up the motorcycles)?
7. What remedy does Bella need for the injuries she gets during her first motorcycle ride?
8. Why is Carlisle able to control himself around Bella when she is bleeding so heavily from her arm?
9. What deal does Bella make with Jacob about fixing up the motorcycles?
10. How does Bella feel when she reaches the clearing during her hike alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss 3 benefits and 3 challenges that Meyer, as an author, has by choosing to create characters with the ability to see the future. Use examples and citations from the text to support each argument.
Essay Topic 2
Bella is continually torn between her love for Edward and her love for Jacob. Write an argument paper with a strong thesis that states which person Bella should choose -- and why.
Essay Topic 3
List 3 literary devices that Meyer uses to build tension in _New Moon_. Use at least 3 different instances where she builds tension, and use direct quotes and examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)