|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bella meet Jacob after she realizes he's a werewolf?
(a) At her house.
(b) At the beach.
(c) In the clearing.
(d) At school.
2. Why is Bella unable to talk to Jacob when she storms into his house after she realizes he is a werewolf?
(a) Because he is in his wolf form.
(b) Because he is sleeping so peacefully that she doesn't want to wake him up.
(c) Because he isn't there.
(d) Because she is too terrified to get her words out.
3. How do Alice and Bella get past the first guard in Volterra?
(a) They bribe him.
(b) They have a fake pass to get through.
(c) They flirt with him.
(d) They drive through the blockade.
4. What does Bella overhear Charlie and Alice talking about?
(a) Edward's new girlfriend.
(b) That Charlie is secretly a vampire, too.
(c) That Charlie is going to lose his job.
(d) Bella's emotional breakdown.
5. What does Alice initially think Edward's first plan is for when he arrives in Italy?
(a) To ask the Volturi to kill him.
(b) To try to lure Bella there and away from her father.
(c) To kill himself by going into the sun.
(d) To try to kill the head of the Volturi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rude gesture does Jacob make when he comments on the company (Alice) that Bella has at her house when he stops by on the day of Harry's funeral?
2. How does Alice respond to seeing Bella walk through the door after the cliff-diving incident?
3. According to Alice, why does Bella smell so bad when she returns from her cliff-diving incident?
4. What is the name of the young girl that all of the Volturi seem to cower to?
5. Why is Bella not a vampire even though she has been bitten by one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bella answer Edward's question about getting married?
2. Why does the idea of aging bother Bella so much?
3. What does Jacob report about who wins in a vampire/werewolf fight?
4. Why does Bella go cliff diving alone?
5. How does Bella interpret Edward's refusal to kiss her on the lips as he comforts her after the encounter in the underground chamber in Italy?
6. Why does Edward not mind filling out college applications with Bella?
7. Why is Edward going to Italy?
8. Why does Edward think that Bella is dead?
9. How does Edward react when he sees Bella for the first time in the square in Italy?
10. Why doesn't Bella sleep on the plane back to Seattle from Italy?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)