|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the main plaza in Volterra closed when Alice and Bella try to get there to stop Edward?
(a) Because there has been a terrorist attack of some kind.
(b) Because they are too late.
(c) Because it is Saint Marcus Day.
(d) Because the werewolves are waiting there, too.
2. How do Alice and Bella get past the second guard in Volterra?
(a) They flirt with him.
(b) They bribe him.
(c) They have a fake pass to get through.
(d) They drive through the blockade.
3. Why is Bella unable to talk to Jacob when she storms into his house after she realizes he is a werewolf?
(a) Because she is too terrified to get her words out.
(b) Because he isn't there.
(c) Because he is in his wolf form.
(d) Because he is sleeping so peacefully that she doesn't want to wake him up.
4. Why does Emily have scars on one side of her face?
(a) Because she was caught in a house fire.
(b) Because she clawed at herself once while she was a werewolf.
(c) Because Sam attacked her once when he was a werewolf.
(d) Because she was in a really bad car accident.
5. How does Bella respond to seeing Alice in her house after the cliff-diving incident?
(a) She hugs her and starts sobbing.
(b) She is surprised to see her.
(c) She tries to attack her with a wooden stake.
(d) She is speechless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacob accuse of killing people in the forest?
2. What major, romantic gesture almost happens between Jacob and Bella while they are arguing whether or not it is possible for Bella to be friends with both vampires and werewolves?
3. What do Bella and Edward negotiate as he takes her back to her house after the vote?
4. Where does Edward kiss Bella to calm her after the encounter in the underground chamber?
5. Who is Aro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bella sleep on the plane back to Seattle from Italy?
2. What character are the Volturi men completely submissive to when Bella and Edward meet them for the first time in the town square?
3. What treaty do the vampires and the werewolves have with each other in Forks?
4. Why is Edward going to Italy?
5. When Bella overhears Alice and Charlie talking, what does Bella learn about Charlie's concerns for her?
6. What causes Edward to realize his mistake in leaving Bella behind in Forks?
7. Why does Edward think that Bella is dead?
8. How does Bella misinterpret Jacob's comment that the people hunting for the wolves in the forest will be dead if they aren't careful?
9. What does Jacob report about who wins in a vampire/werewolf fight?
10. According to _New Moon_, what is Saint Marcus Day?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)