|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bella make it through the square faster in her quest to reach Edward?
(a) By yelling "Fire!"
(b) By pushing people over.
(c) By running through a fountain.
(d) By flying.
2. From what play does Edward quote when he sees Bella for the first time in the square?
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
3. What causes Bella to shake with horror after she, Edward, and Alice leave the underground chamber in Italy?
(a) Her relief at not being burned at the stake.
(b) Her guilt over leaving Jacob.
(c) The sounds of the humans being bitten.
(d) Her fear of what her father will do to her when she gets home.
4. What, according to Jacob, are some of the features of a werewolf?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Having a high temperature.
(c) Running as fast as a vampire.
(d) Healing fast.
5. How do Alice and Bella get past the second guard in Volterra?
(a) They flirt with him.
(b) They have a fake pass to get through.
(c) They bribe him.
(d) They drive through the blockade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Alice steal in Italy?
2. Why is Bella not a vampire even though she has been bitten by one?
3. How does Bella get to the Cullen house for the vote on her becoming a vampire?
4. What do Bella and Edward negotiate as he takes her back to her house after the vote?
5. Who acts as the spokesperson for the werewolves to Bella and Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Volturi?
2. Why does Bella go cliff diving alone?
3. According to _New Moon_, what is Saint Marcus Day?
4. What character are the Volturi men completely submissive to when Bella and Edward meet them for the first time in the town square?
5. When Bella overhears Alice and Charlie talking, what does Bella learn about Charlie's concerns for her?
6. What are the large group of human tourists waiting outside the underground room going to be used for?
7. Why doesn't Bella sleep on the plane back to Seattle from Italy?
8. What is the "fire" that Bella sees streak by the cliffs after she jumps off of them and is heading home?
9. How does Bella misinterpret Jacob's comment that the people hunting for the wolves in the forest will be dead if they aren't careful?
10. Why does Alice return to Forks?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)