|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the main plaza in Volterra closed when Alice and Bella try to get there to stop Edward?
(a) Because the werewolves are waiting there, too.
(b) Because they are too late.
(c) Because it is Saint Marcus Day.
(d) Because there has been a terrorist attack of some kind.
2. What rude gesture does Jacob make when he comments on the company (Alice) that Bella has at her house when he stops by on the day of Harry's funeral?
(a) He pretends he is gagging.
(b) He sticks his tongue out.
(c) He wrinkles his nose.
(d) He flips her guest off.
3. What does Bella tell the wolves about Victoria?
(a) That she is trying to kill Bella.
(b) That she really is one of the good vampires.
(c) That she isn't a vampire at all.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. Whose car is outside of Bella's house when she returns home after hearing of Harry's death?
(a) The Cullens'.
(d) Her father's.
5. What does Bella see as she looks back at the cliff she jumped off of when she is heading home?
(b) A flash of fire.
(c) A pack of werewolves.
(d) A witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what play does Edward quote when he sees Bella for the first time in the square?
2. Who does Bella compare Edward and Jacob to?
3. How does Alice respond to seeing Bella walk through the door after the cliff-diving incident?
4. Who saves Bella from drowning during her first attempt at cliff diving?
5. What does Alice realize Edward's actual first plan is for when he arrives in Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jane frustrated when she looks at Bella in the underground room?
2. Why does Bella go cliff diving alone?
3. Why is Edward going to Italy?
4. What does Jacob report about who wins in a vampire/werewolf fight?
5. What character are the Volturi men completely submissive to when Bella and Edward meet them for the first time in the town square?
6. Why does Bella get into even more trouble when she tries to explain where she's been to Charlie?
7. Why does Jacob disappear during Bella's spring break?
8. What causes Edward to realize his mistake in leaving Bella behind in Forks?
9. How does Bella interpret Edward's refusal to kiss her on the lips as he comforts her after the encounter in the underground chamber in Italy?
10. What are the Volturi?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)