|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't Edward and Bella kiss more often?
(a) Because it is hard for them to control themselves.
(b) Because they haven't told each other they want to.
(c) Because they both have braces.
(d) Because they view each other like a sibling.
2. How long has Bella's grandmother been dead when the book opens?
(a) Twenty-four years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Eighteen years.
3. Why are Bella's friends so surprised when she contributes to the conversation about people seeing bears out in the woods?
(a) Because she hasn't talked for months.
(b) Because she never gossips.
(c) Because she never goes outside to go hiking.
(d) Because she is so afraid of bears that she usually can't even mention them.
4. What does Jacob tell Bella the clutch of a motorcycle is like when he is teaching her how to ride?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A gun trigger.
(c) A feather.
(d) A softball.
5. What injury does Bella get the first time she rides her motorcycle?
(a) A burn on her leg from the exhaust pipe.
(b) A broken wrist.
(c) Scrapes all over her legs from falling over.
(d) A cut on her head/a concussion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bella become fearful of Laurent when she meets him alone in the clearing?
2. What name does Bella call her grandmother?
3. Why does Bella invite Jessica to see a zombie movie with her?
4. What treatment does Bella's injured arm need?
5. How does Bella feel physically the morning after her birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Bella get about her request of Carlisle to be made a vampire?
2. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
3. Why is Carlisle able to control himself around Bella when she is bleeding so heavily from her arm?
4. After Edward calls off their relationship, what does Bella notice is missing from her room?
5. Why does Bella struggle with telling Jacob that people are going to be out trying to hunt the wolves?
6. Before heading to Bella's birthday party, when does Edward confess to her that he considered suicide?
7. Why does Bella decide to confide in Charlie about her fears that Jacob may have been forced into a cult led by Sam?
8. What special gift does Alice have?
9. What does Edward believe happens to a person's soul when he or she becomes a vampire?
10. After her birthday, why does Bella promise herself to stay away from the Cullen family?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)