|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what time must Bella get to the clock tower in the novel's Preface?
(d) High noon.
2. How does Edward end up in Bella's room on the night of her birthday?
(a) He comes in through her bedroom window.
(b) He sneaks up with her.
(c) He has been waiting for her there all day.
(d) He can make himself apear instantly in certain places.
3. Where does Bella's mother live?
4. What does Bella notice about Jacob as he hugs her goodbye after he sneaks in to see her through her window?
(a) That he felt as cold as Edward.
(b) That he gives her the chills.
(c) That he is very hot.
(d) That he has become incredibly strong.
5. What kind of music does Bella put on in Jessica's car as they are driving to the zombie movie?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella describe her feet in the Preface?
2. What birthday gift does Bella receive from her father?
3. What does Edward write for Bella for her birthday?
4. Which members of the Cullen family leave town immediately after Bella's birthday party?
5. Why are Bella's friends so surprised when she contributes to the conversation about people seeing bears out in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bella notice about Jacob when he takes his shirt off to stop her head wound from bleeding?
2. After her birthday, why does Bella promise herself to stay away from the Cullen family?
3. Why does Charlie threaten Bella with being sent back to live with her mother?
4. Why does Bella decide to head out on her own and hike to the clearing?
5. Why does Bella buy the motorcycles she finds on the side of the road?
6. What exactly is Bella rushing to do in the Preface?
7. What kind of feeling is overwhelming Bella in the Preface to _New Moon_?
8. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
9. Why is Chapter 9 called "Third Wheel"?
10. Why does Bella not look inside the abandoned Cullen house when she goes to see it?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)