|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Bella to NOT hear Edward's voice as much during her motorcycle rides?
(a) She got a radio for her helmet.
(b) She has stopped caring so much for Edward.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) She has gotten better at it.
2. Who is the first person Bella takes a picture of with the camera she got for her birthday?
3. In the Preface, who does Bella say surrounds her and Alice?
(a) "Idiots unaware of the danger looming over them."
(b) "Edward in his brilliant glory."
(c) "Freaks like us."
(d) "Extraordinarily dangerous enemies."
4. What does Edward's birthday kiss for Bella remind her of?
(a) How much she likes how he smells.
(b) The time they spent in the meadow.
(c) Death itself.
(d) Desperation from a year or so ago.
5. Why is Bella happy to see Laurent in the clearing after she hikes there alone?
(a) Because she thinks Edward might be nearby.
(b) Because she is hungry and he is eating a picnic lunch.
(c) Because she always had a secret crush on him.
(d) Because he is a familiar face.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella feel physically the morning after her birthday party?
2. Who plays the background music on a CD that Edward gives Bella?
3. What gift for her car does Bella receive for her birthday?
4. Why does Harry go to the hospital?
5. How does Bella get a paper cut on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Preface, what does Bella imply might be lost if she does not reach her goal?
2. How does Bella end up injuring her arm during her birthday party?
3. Why does Charlie threaten Bella with being sent back to live with her mother?
4. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
5. Why does Bella buy the motorcycles she finds on the side of the road?
6. What remedy does Bella need for the injuries she gets during her first motorcycle ride?
7. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
8. What does Edward believe happens to a person's soul when he or she becomes a vampire?
9. After Edward calls off their relationship, what does Bella notice is missing from her room?
10. Why is being sent back to live with her mother more than Bella can bear?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)