|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface, what is trapping Alice?
(a) A chain link fence.
(b) A scary kind of plant.
(c) Her own fear of public places.
(d) The sunlight.
2. Who does Bella see along the side of the road as she drives to Jacob's house?
(d) A large pack of wolves following her.
3. What warning does Edward give Bella the first time she rides the bike successfully?
(a) That he is very angry at her for doing something so dangerous.
(b) That she should come visit him as soon as possible.
(c) That he misses her.
(d) That there is a curve in the road ahead.
4. What illness does Charlie tell Bella that Jacob might have?
(b) Cystic Fibrosis.
5. What is Bella's full name?
(a) Bella Gardener.
(b) Bella Swan.
(c) Bella Apstein.
(d) Bella Cullen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy react to Jacob's concern about the La Push gang and his friend?
2. Thinking she has failed in her mission, what does Bella says she forfeits in the Preface?
3. Who does Bella blame for brainwashing Jacob?
4. In Chapter 7, which friend of Jacob's was recently recruited to the La Push gang?
5. What birthday is Bella celebrating when the book opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
2. How does Bella feel when she reaches the clearing during her hike alone?
3. Why does Bella buy the motorcycles she finds on the side of the road?
4. Why does Charlie threaten Bella with being sent back to live with her mother?
5. What makes it possible for Carlisle to be a doctor?
6. After Edward calls off their relationship, what does Bella notice is missing from her room?
7. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
8. What strange dream does Bella have about Sam Uley?
9. Why does Bella decide to head out on her own and hike to the clearing?
10. In the Preface, what does Bella imply might be lost if she does not reach her goal?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)