|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Bella's grandmother been dead when the book opens?
(a) Six years.
(b) Twenty-four years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Eighteen years.
2. What does Edward make Bella promise him as he is breaking up with her?
(a) To go to college.
(b) To search for him someday in the future.
(c) To never forget him.
(d) To stay out of danger.
3. How does Bella feel the clock tower toll in the Preface?
(a) Like a bolt of lightning through her body.
(b) In her chest, like a heartbeat.
(c) Through the tears that are welled up in her eyes.
(d) As vibrating the ground beneath her feet.
4. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
(a) Because he was too beautiful to let die.
(b) Because Edward asked him to directly.
(c) Because he was a young vampire and couldn't control himself then.
(d) Because Edward's mother begged Carlisle to save him.
5. Where does Bella place all of the pictures she takes with her new camera?
(a) She never gets them developed because she loses the roll of film.
(b) In a digital picture frame.
(c) In a photo box.
(d) In her scrapbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What health concern does Harry have?
2. What birthday is Bella celebrating when the book opens?
3. How does Jacob suggest that Bella figure out his secret?
4. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
5. What does Bella think the fixed-up motorcycles look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange dream does Bella have about Sam Uley?
2. Why does Edward NOT let Bella say goodbye to Alice?
3. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
4. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
5. Why does Jasper keep his distance from Bella at her birthday party?
6. In the Preface, what does Bella imply might be lost if she does not reach her goal?
7. Why does Bella buy the motorcycles she finds on the side of the road?
8. What exactly is Bella rushing to do in the Preface?
9. What makes it possible for Carlisle to be a doctor?
10. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)