|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Bella to NOT hear Edward's voice as much during her motorcycle rides?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) She got a radio for her helmet.
(c) She has stopped caring so much for Edward.
(d) She has gotten better at it.
2. What name does Bella call her grandmother?
3. Why does Harry go to the hospital?
(a) He broke his ankle.
(b) He is trying to find Dr. Cullen.
(c) He starts going insane.
(d) He is getting his heart checked.
4. Who does Bella blame for brainwashing Jacob?
5. Why are Bella's friends so surprised when she contributes to the conversation about people seeing bears out in the woods?
(a) Because she never gossips.
(b) Because she is so afraid of bears that she usually can't even mention them.
(c) Because she never goes outside to go hiking.
(d) Because she hasn't talked for months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie tell Bella to be careful of when she and Jacob are hiking?
2. How tall has Jacob grown to be when Bella visits him in Chapter 5?
3. Who is the first person Bella takes a picture of with the camera she got for her birthday?
4. Thinking she has failed in her mission, what does Bella says she forfeits in the Preface?
5. How does Jacob suggest that Bella figure out his secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
2. Why does Bella struggle with telling Jacob that people are going to be out trying to hunt the wolves?
3. What deal does Bella make with Jacob about fixing up the motorcycles?
4. Why does Bella not look inside the abandoned Cullen house when she goes to see it?
5. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
6. How does Bella offer to prove to Jacob that she enjoys his company (after he finishes fixing up the motorcycles)?
7. Why does Charlie threaten Bella with being sent back to live with her mother?
8. What time period (past, present, or future) does the Preface take place in?
9. What makes it possible for Carlisle to be a doctor?
10. What exactly is Bella rushing to do in the Preface?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)