|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cullen family do when they see Bella's cut up arm?
(a) They all attack her at once.
(b) Ask for just one little lick.
(c) Head outside for some air.
(d) Beg her to cover it up.
2. What friends of Jacob does Bella meet while they are working on the motorcycles?
(a) Sam and Mike.
(b) Quil and Embry.
(c) Michellin and Tony.
(d) Aubrey and Christina.
3. What does Bella think the fixed-up motorcycles look like?
(a) A bicycle she had in her childhood.
(b) Real motorcycles now.
(c) Weird objects from the future.
(d) Worse than what they looked like before they were fixed up.
4. Why are Bella's friends so surprised when she contributes to the conversation about people seeing bears out in the woods?
(a) Because she is so afraid of bears that she usually can't even mention them.
(b) Because she never gossips.
(c) Because she hasn't talked for months.
(d) Because she never goes outside to go hiking.
5. Who gets sick at the movie theater?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal in the woods fleetingly reminds Bella of Jacob, after the meeting with Laurent?
2. Why can't Bella bear to watch the zombie movie when it first starts?
3. In the Preface, what does Bella say she feels like she is trapped in?
4. What animals are local hikers surprised to hear are being found in the woods in Chapter 5?
5. What injury does Bella have as her birthday festivities come to a close in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Bella make with Jacob about fixing up the motorcycles?
2. How does Bella end up injuring her arm during her birthday party?
3. What exactly is Bella rushing to do in the Preface?
4. What strange dream does Bella have about Sam Uley?
5. What does Edward believe happens to a person's soul when he or she becomes a vampire?
6. What kind of feeling is overwhelming Bella in the Preface to _New Moon_?
7. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
8. Why does Jasper keep his distance from Bella at her birthday party?
9. Why does Bella decide to head out on her own and hike to the clearing?
10. Why does Bella decide to confide in Charlie about her fears that Jacob may have been forced into a cult led by Sam?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)