|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what time must Bella get to the clock tower in the novel's Preface?
(d) High noon.
2. What does Jacob tell Bella about why he has been so hard to reach?
(a) That he was furious at her for taking him to see such a scary movie.
(b) That he is involved in something.
(c) That his parents are divorcing so he has been living with his mom.
(d) That he has been dating someone else.
3. Why does Charlie NOT respond to Bella's worry about Sam?
(a) Because they are best friends.
(b) Because Sam is Charlie's boss.
(c) Because he thinks he is a good guy.
(d) Because he has a clean criminal record.
4. Why don't Edward and Bella kiss more often?
(a) Because they view each other like a sibling.
(b) Because it is hard for them to control themselves.
(c) Because they both have braces.
(d) Because they haven't told each other they want to.
5. How does Edward end up in Bella's room on the night of her birthday?
(a) He comes in through her bedroom window.
(b) He has been waiting for her there all day.
(c) He sneaks up with her.
(d) He can make himself apear instantly in certain places.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bella see a motorcycle for sale?
2. Why is Bella happy to see Laurent in the clearing after she hikes there alone?
3. What causes Bella to NOT hear Edward's voice as much during her motorcycle rides?
4. How does Bella get a paper cut on her birthday?
5. What name does Bella call her grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exactly is Bella rushing to do in the Preface?
2. Why does Edward NOT let Bella say goodbye to Alice?
3. What anniversary does Bella think about when she starts to snap out of her funk after Edward leaves her?
4. Before heading to Bella's birthday party, when does Edward confess to her that he considered suicide?
5. How does Bella offer to prove to Jacob that she enjoys his company (after he finishes fixing up the motorcycles)?
6. What reason does Jacob give Bella about why they cannot be friends anymore?
7. What remedy does Bella need for the injuries she gets during her first motorcycle ride?
8. What does Bella notice about Jacob when he takes his shirt off to stop her head wound from bleeding?
9. Why does Bella struggle with telling Jacob that people are going to be out trying to hunt the wolves?
10. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)