|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bella describe her feet in the Preface?
2. What name does Bella call her grandmother?
3. What animal in the woods fleetingly reminds Bella of Jacob, after the meeting with Laurent?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bear.
(c) A bird.
(d) A wolf.
4. Why does Bella invite Jessica to see a zombie movie with her?
(a) To prove to her father that she's okay.
(b) Because they both want to see it.
(c) To get out of other plans she had that evening.
(d) Because they have crushes on the main actor.
5. What injury does Bella have as her birthday festivities come to a close in Chapter 1?
(a) A black eye.
(b) Many cuts on her arm.
(c) A vampire bite.
(d) A broken ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bella notice about Edward's body while they are kissing?
2. What birthday gift does Bella receive from her mother?
3. What does Edward's birthday kiss for Bella remind her of?
4. Where does Bella go to celebrate her birthday?
5. Why are Bella's friends so surprised when she contributes to the conversation about people seeing bears out in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special gift does Alice have?
2. Why does Edward think that Bella is dead?
3. Why does the idea of aging bother Bella so much?
4. What remedy does Bella need for the injuries she gets during her first motorcycle ride?
5. How does Bella feel when she reaches the clearing during her hike alone?
6. Why does Jacob disappear during Bella's spring break?
7. What anniversary does Bella think about when she starts to snap out of her funk after Edward leaves her?
8. Why does Bella buy the motorcycles she finds on the side of the road?
9. What is the "fire" that Bella sees streak by the cliffs after she jumps off of them and is heading home?
10. What does Bella think of Emily and Sam's relationship?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)