|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the tickets for that Edward gives Bella for her birthday?
(a) For a trip to Florida.
(b) For a train trip to Canada.
(c) For dinner and a movie date night.
(d) For a concert for their favorite band.
2. What birthday is Bella celebrating when the book opens?
(a) Her nineteenth.
(b) Her eighteenth.
(c) Her seventeenth.
(d) Her sixteenth.
3. What treatment does Bella's injured arm need?
(b) Just a band-aid.
(c) Possibly a skin graft.
(d) A rinse.
4. How long has Bella's grandmother been dead when the book opens?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twenty-four years.
(d) Twelve years.
5. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
(a) About the same.
(b) Slower than usual.
(c) Faster than usual.
(d) In reverse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Bella on her first date after she and Edward break up?
2. Who does Bella ask to help her fix up the motorcycles?
3. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
4. How has Jacob physically changed from when Bella last saw him at the movie theater?
5. How does Billy react to Jacob's concern about the La Push gang and his friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bella decide to head out on her own and hike to the clearing?
2. Why does Jacob disappear during Bella's spring break?
3. Why does Bella struggle with telling Jacob that people are going to be out trying to hunt the wolves?
4. What makes it possible for Carlisle to be a doctor?
5. Why does Bella get into even more trouble when she tries to explain where she's been to Charlie?
6. Why does Jasper keep his distance from Bella at her birthday party?
7. What deal does Bella make with Jacob about fixing up the motorcycles?
8. What time period (past, present, or future) does the Preface take place in?
9. What reason does Jacob give Bella about why they cannot be friends anymore?
10. How does Bella end up injuring her arm during her birthday party?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)