|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
(a) Because he was a young vampire and couldn't control himself then.
(b) Because Edward asked him to directly.
(c) Because he was too beautiful to let die.
(d) Because Edward's mother begged Carlisle to save him.
2. In the Preface, who does Bella say surrounds her and Alice?
(a) "Edward in his brilliant glory."
(b) "Idiots unaware of the danger looming over them."
(c) "Freaks like us."
(d) "Extraordinarily dangerous enemies."
3. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
(a) Because they used to live there.
(b) Because a similar vampire family lives there.
(c) Because it is the vampire capital of the world.
(d) Because it is as far away from Bella as they can get.
4. Who does Bella ask to help her fix up the motorcycles?
5. What animals are local hikers surprised to hear are being found in the woods in Chapter 5?
(a) Swarms of bats.
(b) Strange, fearless snakes.
(c) Giant spiders.
(d) Giant black bears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Bella giggle for the first time in months (after Edward has broken up with her)?
2. What gift for her car does Bella receive for her birthday?
3. What does Edward's voice (in her head) tell Bella to do about Laurent in the meadow?
4. Who does Bella see along the side of the road as she drives to Jacob's house?
5. Who drives Bella home after her birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of feeling is overwhelming Bella in the Preface to _New Moon_?
2. What impression does Bella get about her request of Carlisle to be made a vampire?
3. How does Bella end up injuring her arm during her birthday party?
4. Why does Bella become concerned about how Jacob responds to the flu that is going around?
5. After Edward calls off their relationship, what does Bella notice is missing from her room?
6. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
7. Before heading to Bella's birthday party, when does Edward confess to her that he considered suicide?
8. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
9. After her birthday, why does Bella promise herself to stay away from the Cullen family?
10. Why is being sent back to live with her mother more than Bella can bear?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)