|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bella notice about Edward's body while they are kissing?
(a) That he seems to be relaxing.
(b) That he is shaking.
(c) That he is cold and hard.
(d) That he is very, very nervous.
2. What health concern does Harry have?
(b) High cholesterol.
3. From whom does Bella need to keep her motorcycle a secret?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her preacher.
(c) Her father.
4. What is Bella's full name?
(a) Bella Apstein.
(b) Bella Swan.
(c) Bella Gardener.
(d) Bella Cullen.
5. What injury does Bella have as her birthday festivities come to a close in Chapter 1?
(a) Many cuts on her arm.
(b) A black eye.
(c) A broken ankle.
(d) A vampire bite.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy react to Jacob's concern about the La Push gang and his friend?
2. What birthday is Bella celebrating when the book opens?
3. What treatment does Bella's injured arm need?
4. What does Edward make Bella promise him as he is breaking up with her?
5. Who protects Bella from Jasper's attack on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is preventing Jacob from telling Bella his big secret?
2. Why does Bella decide to head out on her own and hike to the clearing?
3. What kind of feeling is overwhelming Bella in the Preface to _New Moon_?
4. Before heading to Bella's birthday party, when does Edward confess to her that he considered suicide?
5. What time period (past, present, or future) does the Preface take place in?
6. What reason does Jacob give Bella about why they cannot be friends anymore?
7. What strange dream does Bella have about Sam Uley?
8. Why is Carlisle able to control himself around Bella when she is bleeding so heavily from her arm?
9. What sensation does Bella get when she is back in her room after Edward calls of their relationship?
10. How does Bella offer to prove to Jacob that she enjoys his company (after he finishes fixing up the motorcycles)?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)