|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shirt is Edward wearing when Bella sees him for the first time in the square?
(a) A ridiculous-looking Hawaiian flower shirt.
(b) A shirt she gave him for his birthday.
(c) His favorite shirt from high school.
(d) No shirt at all.
2. What is the one rule that all vampires must follow?
(a) Not to bite anyone under the age of 18.
(b) To only marry and have children with other vampires.
(c) Not to let anyone know about vampires.
(d) Not to bite any innocent people.
3. Why does Jacob refuse to go into Bella's house as he drops her off after they learn about Harry's death?
(a) Because he doesn't want to upset her father.
(b) Because he can smell a vampire inside.
(c) Because he is too dirty for her spotless house.
(d) Because he says he is afraid he will never leave if he goes inside.
4. Where does Edward kiss Bella to calm her after the encounter in the underground chamber?
(a) Her hands.
(b) He doesn't kiss her at all for fear of biting her.
(c) Her lips.
(d) Her face and hair.
5. Why is the main plaza in Volterra closed when Alice and Bella try to get there to stop Edward?
(a) Because they are too late.
(b) Because there has been a terrorist attack of some kind.
(c) Because the werewolves are waiting there, too.
(d) Because it is Saint Marcus Day.
6. What does Alice realize Edward's actual first plan is for when he arrives in Italy?
(a) To rob a bank so he could have money to support Bella.
(b) To bite someone in the city and expose the vampires.
(c) To marry his other girlfriend.
(d) To go into hiding in the Italian sewer system.
7. Where does Edward confess that he had hidden all of Bella's stuff?
(a) In the floorboards of her room.
(b) In a box in the meadow they went to once.
(c) In the old Cullen house.
(d) In her closet.
8. What ultimatum does Bella give Charlie about Edward?
(a) That Charlie better let Edward move in or she will move out.
(b) That she and Edward are a package deal.
(c) That Charlie better talk to him or Bella will call the police.
(d) That Charlie better become a vampire, too.
9. Why does Bella think she must become a vampire soon?
(a) Because the Volturi are expecting it.
(b) Because she can't bear to be the odd person out anymore.
(c) Because she is afraid of falling in love with Jacob more otherwise.
(d) Because she can only do so until she turns 19.
10. Who does Bella compare Edward and Jacob to?
(a) Charlie and her mom.
(b) Paris and Romeo from _Romeo and Juliet_.
(c) Romeo and Juliet from _Romeo and Juliet_.
(d) Mike and Jessica.
11. What does Bella overhear Charlie and Alice talking about?
(a) That Charlie is secretly a vampire, too.
(b) Bella's emotional breakdown.
(c) That Charlie is going to lose his job.
(d) Edward's new girlfriend.
12. What do Bella and Edward negotiate as he takes her back to her house after the vote?
(a) If and when they will get married.
(b) When she will become a vampire.
(c) Who will turn her into a vampire.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
13. Who votes NOT to turn Bella into a vampire?
(a) Carlisle and Edward.
(b) Rosalie and Edward.
(c) Rosalie and Alice.
(d) Alice and Carlisle.
14. Whose smart thinking allows Edward, Alice, and Bella to leave the Volturi alive?
15. What does Bella see as she looks back at the cliff she jumped off of when she is heading home?
(b) A flash of fire.
(c) A witch.
(d) A pack of werewolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Edward and Bella talk about during the flight back to Seattle from Italy?
2. How does Alice respond to seeing Bella walk through the door after the cliff-diving incident?
3. Who protects Bella when she is nearly attacked by a werewolf?
4. What does Alice initially think Edward's first plan is for when he arrives in Italy?
5. Why is Bella not a vampire even though she has been bitten by one?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)