|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bella returns from Italy, who does she learn has cut off his friendship with her?
2. Why is the main plaza in Volterra closed when Alice and Bella try to get there to stop Edward?
(a) Because there has been a terrorist attack of some kind.
(b) Because it is Saint Marcus Day.
(c) Because the werewolves are waiting there, too.
(d) Because they are too late.
3. What causes Bella to shake with horror after she, Edward, and Alice leave the underground chamber in Italy?
(a) Her fear of what her father will do to her when she gets home.
(b) Her relief at not being burned at the stake.
(c) The sounds of the humans being bitten.
(d) Her guilt over leaving Jacob.
4. What do Edward and Bella talk about during the flight back to Seattle from Italy?
(a) His vampirism.
(c) Not much, since they can't talk in private.
5. Why is Bella not a vampire even though she has been bitten by one?
(a) Because not enough venom got into her blood.
(b) Because Edward sucked the blood out of her.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) No one really knows why.
6. What rude gesture does Jacob make when he comments on the company (Alice) that Bella has at her house when he stops by on the day of Harry's funeral?
(a) He wrinkles his nose.
(b) He sticks his tongue out.
(c) He flips her guest off.
(d) He pretends he is gagging.
7. According to Alice, why does Bella smell so bad when she returns from her cliff-diving incident?
(a) Because she is human and not a vampire.
(b) Because she longs for someone she loves.
(c) Because the water she jumped into was poison.
(d) Because she was hanging around with a werewolf.
8. What does Bella think is a bigger concern than Victoria?
(a) The Volturi.
9. What does Bella agree about her choice to jump off the cliff?
(a) That it will show her friends just how awesome she really is.
(b) That it was very brave.
(c) That it was very stupid.
(d) That she should tell the newspaper about it.
10. From what play does Edward quote when he sees Bella for the first time in the square?
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
11. Why does Bella storm into the Black house after her dream?
(a) To demand her money back.
(b) To attack Billy.
(c) To warn them that people will be hunting wolves.
(d) To attack Charlie.
12. What kind of car does Alice steal in Italy?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A Ferrari.
(c) A Corvette.
(d) A taxi cab.
13. When Bella wakes up after returning from Italy, what emotion does she tell Edward he needs to let go of?
14. Who does Bella compare Edward and Jacob to?
(a) Paris and Romeo from _Romeo and Juliet_.
(b) Charlie and her mom.
(c) Mike and Jessica.
(d) Romeo and Juliet from _Romeo and Juliet_.
15. Whose smart thinking allows Edward, Alice, and Bella to leave the Volturi alive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What major, romantic gesture almost happens between Jacob and Bella while they are arguing whether or not it is possible for Bella to be friends with both vampires and werewolves?
2. What does Bella overhear Charlie and Alice talking about?
3. What rude thing does Jacob say into the phone when he answers the phone at Bella's house?
4. Why does Jacob refuse to go into Bella's house as he drops her off after they learn about Harry's death?
5. Why did Edward say he didn't want to be with her anymore?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)