|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the tickets for that Edward gives Bella for her birthday?
(a) For a trip to Florida.
(b) For a train trip to Canada.
(c) For dinner and a movie date night.
(d) For a concert for their favorite band.
2. What birthday is Bella celebrating when the book opens?
(a) Her nineteenth.
(b) Her eighteenth.
(c) Her seventeenth.
(d) Her sixteenth.
3. What treatment does Bella's injured arm need?
(b) Just a band-aid.
(c) Possibly a skin graft.
(d) A rinse.
4. How long has Bella's grandmother been dead when the book opens?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twenty-four years.
(d) Twelve years.
5. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
(a) About the same.
(b) Slower than usual.
(c) Faster than usual.
(d) In reverse.
6. Who asks Bella on her first date after she and Edward break up?
7. Who does Bella ask to help her fix up the motorcycles?
8. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
(a) Because a similar vampire family lives there.
(b) Because it is as far away from Bella as they can get.
(c) Because they used to live there.
(d) Because it is the vampire capital of the world.
9. How has Jacob physically changed from when Bella last saw him at the movie theater?
(a) He is much taller and with shorter hair.
(b) He hasn't changed at all.
(c) He has gained a lot of weight.
(d) He almost looks like he's shrunk a bit.
10. How does Billy react to Jacob's concern about the La Push gang and his friend?
(a) That he shouldn't worry.
(b) That he'll mention it to Charlie.
(c) That he's looking into it.
(d) That the police are looking into it.
11. How does Bella figure out that Jacob is a werewolf?
(a) Through some research at the library.
(b) He tells her.
(c) Through a dream.
(d) She overhears some kids at school.
12. What gift for her car does Bella receive for her birthday?
(a) A new set of snow tires.
(b) A set of chains for the winter.
(c) A car wash.
(d) A new car stereo.
13. What does the Cullen family do when they see Bella's cut up arm?
(a) Head outside for some air.
(b) They all attack her at once.
(c) Ask for just one little lick.
(d) Beg her to cover it up.
14. What does Edward's birthday kiss for Bella remind her of?
(a) Desperation from a year or so ago.
(b) The time they spent in the meadow.
(c) How much she likes how he smells.
(d) Death itself.
15. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
(a) Because he was too beautiful to let die.
(b) Because he was a young vampire and couldn't control himself then.
(c) Because Edward's mother begged Carlisle to save him.
(d) Because Edward asked him to directly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Bella get the first time she rides her motorcycle?
2. What illness does Charlie tell Bella that Jacob might have?
3. What name does Bella call her grandmother?
4. Who does Bella invite to the movies?
5. Who gets sick at the movie theater?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)