|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
(a) About the same.
(b) Slower than usual.
(c) Faster than usual.
(d) In reverse.
2. Who is the author of _New Moon_?
(a) Stephanie Mayar.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Stephenie Meyer.
(d) J.K. Rowling.
3. What does the Cullen family do when they see Bella's cut up arm?
(a) Ask for just one little lick.
(b) Head outside for some air.
(c) Beg her to cover it up.
(d) They all attack her at once.
4. Why does Bella invite Jessica to see a zombie movie with her?
(a) To get out of other plans she had that evening.
(b) Because they both want to see it.
(c) Because they have crushes on the main actor.
(d) To prove to her father that she's okay.
5. In the Preface, what does Bella say she feels like she is trapped in?
(a) A steel trap.
(b) A bad movie.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A nightmare.
6. What does Edward write for Bella for her birthday?
(a) His biography.
(b) A poem.
(c) A short story.
(d) A lullaby.
7. What illness does Charlie tell Bella that Jacob might have?
(d) Cystic Fibrosis.
8. What does Bella notice about Edward's body while they are kissing?
(a) That he is cold and hard.
(b) That he is shaking.
(c) That he is very, very nervous.
(d) That he seems to be relaxing.
9. What does Bella call her father behind his back?
(c) Officer Dad.
(d) Mr. Strict.
10. From whom does Bella buy the motorcycles?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A classmate.
(d) Someone from the next town over that she doesn't know.
11. Where does Bella go to celebrate her birthday?
(a) She hides out in her bedroom.
(b) The Cullen household.
(c) Out to dinner with her dad.
(d) Into the forest for some solitude.
12. How long has Bella's grandmother been dead when the book opens?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Twenty-four years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Six years.
13. Why had Jessica become a bit weary of Bella during the months after Edward broke up with her?
(a) Because she refused to speak out loud until Edward returned.
(b) Because she was going crazy with new boyfriends.
(c) Because she was moping all the time.
(d) Because she started moving in on Jessica's boyfriend.
14. How does Bella figure out that Jacob is a werewolf?
(a) She overhears some kids at school.
(b) Through some research at the library.
(c) He tells her.
(d) Through a dream.
15. Why can't Bella bear to watch the zombie movie when it first starts?
(a) Because it's too scary.
(b) Because she forgot her glasses at home.
(c) Because it's a romance.
(d) Because it's so ridiculously stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry go to the hospital?
2. Who scratches on Bella's window as she is crying herself to sleep?
3. Why does Bella become fearful of Laurent when she meets him alone in the clearing?
4. In Chapter 7, which friend of Jacob's was recently recruited to the La Push gang?
5. From whom does Bella need to keep her motorcycle a secret?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)