|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carlisle able to fix up Bella's injured arm?
(a) Because he wants to keep an eye on her and Edward.
(b) Because he is trying to seduce her.
(c) Because he is a trained surgeon.
(d) Because he wants to inflict more pain on her.
2. Why does Bella take pictures of everyone she knows at school?
(a) For her yearbook class.
(b) So she can remember them after she runs away.
(c) So she can help Edward finally learn everyone's names.
(d) So her dad will think she has friends.
3. What does Bella notice about Edward's body while they are kissing?
(a) That he is very, very nervous.
(b) That he is cold and hard.
(c) That he is shaking.
(d) That he seems to be relaxing.
4. How does Bella feel the clock tower toll in the Preface?
(a) Through the tears that are welled up in her eyes.
(b) In her chest, like a heartbeat.
(c) Like a bolt of lightning through her body.
(d) As vibrating the ground beneath her feet.
5. What does Edward's voice (in her head) tell Bella to do about Laurent in the meadow?
(a) Pretend to faint.
(b) Lie to him.
(c) Promise him whatever he asks for.
(d) Sing her secret melody to him.
6. What birthday gift does Bella receive from her father?
(a) A new cell phone.
(b) A camera.
(c) A new backpack.
(d) A laptop.
7. What gift for her car does Bella receive for her birthday?
(a) A set of chains for the winter.
(b) A new car stereo.
(c) A new set of snow tires.
(d) A car wash.
8. What does Jacob tell Bella about why he has been so hard to reach?
(a) That he has been dating someone else.
(b) That he is involved in something.
(c) That his parents are divorcing so he has been living with his mom.
(d) That he was furious at her for taking him to see such a scary movie.
9. Where does Bella wander to after Edward dumps her?
(a) The highway.
(b) All the way to Canada.
(c) The next town over.
(d) The woods.
10. Where does Bella's mother live?
11. Why does Bella go visit the Cullen house even though she knows they have left town?
(a) To make sure the house is still there.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) To feel connected to Edward.
(d) To make sure she didn't dream up Edward.
12. In the days after her birthday party, why does Bella decide she must run away with Edward?
(a) To no longer have a bad effect on the Cullen family.
(b) Because she is pregnant.
(c) Because her dad would never let them get married.
(d) Because she has secretly become a vampire, too.
13. How does Bella get a paper cut on her birthday?
(a) From printing a school essay.
(b) From opening her mail.
(c) From wrapping paper.
(d) From reading a book.
14. What name does Bella call her grandmother?
15. How does Bella figure out that Jacob is a werewolf?
(a) He tells her.
(b) She overhears some kids at school.
(c) Through a dream.
(d) Through some research at the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Bella bear to watch the zombie movie when it first starts?
2. Who finds Bella after she wanders away, after Edward breaks up with her?
3. What illness does Charlie tell Bella that Jacob might have?
4. Why had Jessica become a bit weary of Bella during the months after Edward broke up with her?
5. Who does Jacob confess to Bella gives him the creeps?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)