|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the first time Bella tries to ride her motorcycle?
(a) She wants to do it again.
(b) She hears Edward.
(c) She crashes.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. Thinking she has failed in her mission, what does Bella says she forfeits in the Preface?
(a) Her will to live.
(b) Her right to live with her dad in Forks.
(c) Her right to complain.
(d) Her last chance at a free life.
3. Who scratches on Bella's window as she is crying herself to sleep?
4. What does Edward make Bella promise him as he is breaking up with her?
(a) To search for him someday in the future.
(b) To go to college.
(c) To stay out of danger.
(d) To never forget him.
5. Why does Bella head to Jacob's house in Chapter 11, "Cult"?
(a) To drop off some ice cream.
(b) To bring Jacob his homework.
(c) To try to see him.
(d) To confront Billy about a letter that she found.
6. How does Bella feel the clock tower toll in the Preface?
(a) Like a bolt of lightning through her body.
(b) Through the tears that are welled up in her eyes.
(c) As vibrating the ground beneath her feet.
(d) In her chest, like a heartbeat.
7. How does Bella describe her feet in the Preface?
8. In Chapter 7, which friend of Jacob's was recently recruited to the La Push gang?
9. What does Bella notice about Jacob as he hugs her goodbye after he sneaks in to see her through her window?
(a) That he has become incredibly strong.
(b) That he is very hot.
(c) That he felt as cold as Edward.
(d) That he gives her the chills.
10. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
(a) Because he was too beautiful to let die.
(b) Because he was a young vampire and couldn't control himself then.
(c) Because Edward asked him to directly.
(d) Because Edward's mother begged Carlisle to save him.
11. Whose voice does Bella hear when she visits the empty Cullen house?
(a) No one's.
(b) Dr. Cullen's.
12. What friends of Jacob does Bella meet while they are working on the motorcycles?
(a) Aubrey and Christina.
(b) Quil and Embry.
(c) Sam and Mike.
(d) Michellin and Tony.
13. What gift for her car does Bella receive for her birthday?
(a) A new set of snow tires.
(b) A set of chains for the winter.
(c) A car wash.
(d) A new car stereo.
14. What does Bella call her father behind his back?
(c) Officer Dad.
(d) Mr. Strict.
15. What does Jacob tell Bella about why he has been so hard to reach?
(a) That his parents are divorcing so he has been living with his mom.
(b) That he has been dating someone else.
(c) That he is involved in something.
(d) That he was furious at her for taking him to see such a scary movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bella go to celebrate her birthday?
2. Who does Bella ask to help her fix up the motorcycles?
3. Why had Jessica become a bit weary of Bella during the months after Edward broke up with her?
4. Why is Bella happy to see Laurent in the clearing after she hikes there alone?
5. What illness does Charlie tell Bella that Jacob might have?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)