|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bella go to celebrate her birthday?
(a) Out to dinner with her dad.
(b) Into the forest for some solitude.
(c) She hides out in her bedroom.
(d) The Cullen household.
2. What treatment does Bella's injured arm need?
(a) Just a band-aid.
(b) Possibly a skin graft.
(c) A rinse.
3. Why are Bella's friends so surprised when she contributes to the conversation about people seeing bears out in the woods?
(a) Because she never goes outside to go hiking.
(b) Because she never gossips.
(c) Because she is so afraid of bears that she usually can't even mention them.
(d) Because she hasn't talked for months.
4. Where does Bella wander to after Edward dumps her?
(a) All the way to Canada.
(b) The highway.
(c) The woods.
(d) The next town over.
5. Who does Bella ask to help her fix up the motorcycles?
6. What does Bella think the fixed-up motorcycles look like?
(a) A bicycle she had in her childhood.
(b) Real motorcycles now.
(c) Worse than what they looked like before they were fixed up.
(d) Weird objects from the future.
7. Why does Bella invite Jessica to see a zombie movie with her?
(a) Because they have crushes on the main actor.
(b) To prove to her father that she's okay.
(c) To get out of other plans she had that evening.
(d) Because they both want to see it.
8. Why does Bella go visit the Cullen house even though she knows they have left town?
(a) To make sure the house is still there.
(b) To feel connected to Edward.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) To make sure she didn't dream up Edward.
9. How does Bella feel physically the morning after her birthday party?
(a) Sluggish and sore.
(b) Tired but energized.
(c) Alert and awake.
(d) Like a brand-new person.
10. Who does Bella see along the side of the road as she drives to Jacob's house?
(d) A large pack of wolves following her.
11. What animal in the woods fleetingly reminds Bella of Jacob, after the meeting with Laurent?
(a) A bird.
(b) A bear.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wolf.
12. Which friends does Jacob say might have a crush on Bella?
13. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
(a) Faster than usual.
(b) About the same.
(c) In reverse.
(d) Slower than usual.
14. Why does Bella take pictures of everyone she knows at school?
(a) So she can help Edward finally learn everyone's names.
(b) So she can remember them after she runs away.
(c) So her dad will think she has friends.
(d) For her yearbook class.
15. Why can't Bella bear to watch the zombie movie when it first starts?
(a) Because it's too scary.
(b) Because she forgot her glasses at home.
(c) Because it's a romance.
(d) Because it's so ridiculously stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Preface, what does Bella say she feels like she is trapped in?
2. What does Bella call her father behind his back?
3. How does Bella feel the clock tower toll in the Preface?
4. From whom does Bella buy the motorcycles?
5. Who gets sick at the movie theater?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)