|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob give Bella for Valentine's Day?
(a) A dozen roses.
(b) A box of conversation hearts.
(c) A box of two dozen chocolates.
(d) A new helmet.
2. Why does Bella invite Jessica to see a zombie movie with her?
(a) To get out of other plans she had that evening.
(b) Because they have crushes on the main actor.
(c) To prove to her father that she's okay.
(d) Because they both want to see it.
3. Who is the author of _New Moon_?
(a) Stephanie Mayar.
(b) Stephenie Meyer.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) J.K. Rowling.
4. What does Jacob tell Bella he cannot get out of?
(a) He never actually says what he's involved in.
(b) His family obligation for him to marry someone else.
(c) Having to move away from Forks.
(d) His physics exam.
5. Who does Bella blame for brainwashing Jacob?
6. What birthday gift does Bella receive from her father?
(a) A camera.
(b) A new backpack.
(c) A laptop.
(d) A new cell phone.
7. What warning does Edward give Bella the first time she rides the bike successfully?
(a) That she should come visit him as soon as possible.
(b) That he misses her.
(c) That he is very angry at her for doing something so dangerous.
(d) That there is a curve in the road ahead.
8. Why does Bella head to Jacob's house in Chapter 11, "Cult"?
(a) To bring Jacob his homework.
(b) To drop off some ice cream.
(c) To try to see him.
(d) To confront Billy about a letter that she found.
9. How does Jacob suggest that Bella figure out his secret?
(a) By doing research on the internet.
(b) By doing research online.
(c) By guessing.
(d) By talking to Charlie about their conversation.
10. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
(a) In reverse.
(b) About the same.
(c) Slower than usual.
(d) Faster than usual.
11. Why does Bella take pictures of everyone she knows at school?
(a) For her yearbook class.
(b) So her dad will think she has friends.
(c) So she can help Edward finally learn everyone's names.
(d) So she can remember them after she runs away.
12. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
(a) Because Edward's mother begged Carlisle to save him.
(b) Because he was too beautiful to let die.
(c) Because Edward asked him to directly.
(d) Because he was a young vampire and couldn't control himself then.
13. What does Edward's voice (in her head) tell Bella to do about Laurent in the meadow?
(a) Lie to him.
(b) Promise him whatever he asks for.
(c) Pretend to faint.
(d) Sing her secret melody to him.
14. From whom does Bella need to keep her motorcycle a secret?
(b) Her preacher.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
15. Why don't Edward and Bella kiss more often?
(a) Because they both have braces.
(b) Because it is hard for them to control themselves.
(c) Because they view each other like a sibling.
(d) Because they haven't told each other they want to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
2. How does Billy react to Jacob's concern about the La Push gang and his friend?
3. What illness does Charlie tell Bella that Jacob might have?
4. What birthday is Bella celebrating when the book opens?
5. What birthday gift does Bella receive from her mother?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)