|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward's voice (in her head) tell Bella to do about Laurent in the meadow?
(a) Lie to him.
(b) Pretend to faint.
(c) Sing her secret melody to him.
(d) Promise him whatever he asks for.
2. In the Preface, what is trapping Alice?
(a) A chain link fence.
(b) A scary kind of plant.
(c) The sunlight.
(d) Her own fear of public places.
3. Who asks Bella on her first date after she and Edward break up?
4. What causes Bella to NOT hear Edward's voice as much during her motorcycle rides?
(a) She has stopped caring so much for Edward.
(b) She has gotten better at it.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) She got a radio for her helmet.
5. Who finds Bella after she wanders away, after Edward breaks up with her?
(a) Sam Uley.
6. Whose voice does Bella hear when she visits the empty Cullen house?
(a) Dr. Cullen's.
(b) No one's.
7. What makes Bella giggle for the first time in months (after Edward has broken up with her)?
(a) Reading a comic book.
(b) Listening to how ridiculous Jessica's stories are.
(c) Having a good, long talk with her dad.
(d) Being hooted at by boys.
8. Where does Bella wander to after Edward dumps her?
(a) The woods.
(b) The next town over.
(c) All the way to Canada.
(d) The highway.
9. Who does Jacob confess to Bella gives him the creeps?
(a) Edward Cullen.
(b) Jessica Roberts.
(c) Billy Grant.
(d) Sam Uley.
10. Which members of the Cullen family leave town immediately after Bella's birthday party?
(a) Everyone but Edward.
(b) Edward and Jasper.
(c) Alice and Jasper.
(d) Edward and Alice.
11. Where does Bella place all of the pictures she takes with her new camera?
(a) In a digital picture frame.
(b) She never gets them developed because she loses the roll of film.
(c) In a photo box.
(d) In her scrapbook.
12. What name does Bella call her grandmother?
13. What health concern does Harry have?
(d) High cholesterol.
14. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
(a) Faster than usual.
(b) About the same.
(c) Slower than usual.
(d) In reverse.
15. How has Jacob physically changed from when Bella last saw him at the movie theater?
(a) He is much taller and with shorter hair.
(b) He has gained a lot of weight.
(c) He almost looks like he's shrunk a bit.
(d) He hasn't changed at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the first time Bella tries to ride her motorcycle?
2. Where does Bella see a motorcycle for sale?
3. What injury does Bella have as her birthday festivities come to a close in Chapter 1?
4. Why can't Bella bear to watch the zombie movie when it first starts?
5. What does Charlie tell Bella to be careful of when she and Jacob are hiking?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)