|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall has Jacob grown to be when Bella visits him in Chapter 5?
(a) Over 7 feet.
(b) He hasn't grown at all.
(c) He actually shrunk a little.
(d) Over 6 feet.
2. How does Bella get a paper cut on her birthday?
(a) From wrapping paper.
(b) From printing a school essay.
(c) From reading a book.
(d) From opening her mail.
3. Where does Bella wander to after Edward dumps her?
(a) The highway.
(b) All the way to Canada.
(c) The woods.
(d) The next town over.
4. How did Bella get the scar Jacob sees at the movie theater?
(a) From cutting herself.
(b) From tripping and falling down the stairs at school.
(c) From being bitten by a vampire.
(d) From her motorcycle crash.
5. How does Bella feel physically the morning after her birthday party?
(a) Tired but energized.
(b) Sluggish and sore.
(c) Alert and awake.
(d) Like a brand-new person.
6. In the Preface, what awaits Bella that she is glad about?
(a) The "final conclusion to her journey."
(b) The "ultimate kiss of death."
(c) Her "one true love."
(d) Something "bloodthirsty."
7. In the Preface, what is trapping Alice?
(a) The sunlight.
(b) A scary kind of plant.
(c) A chain link fence.
(d) Her own fear of public places.
8. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
(a) Because a similar vampire family lives there.
(b) Because it is as far away from Bella as they can get.
(c) Because they used to live there.
(d) Because it is the vampire capital of the world.
9. What name does Bella call her grandmother?
10. What does Edward's voice (in her head) tell Bella to do about Laurent in the meadow?
(a) Promise him whatever he asks for.
(b) Lie to him.
(c) Pretend to faint.
(d) Sing her secret melody to him.
11. What does Jacob tell Bella he cannot get out of?
(a) He never actually says what he's involved in.
(b) His family obligation for him to marry someone else.
(c) Having to move away from Forks.
(d) His physics exam.
12. By what time must Bella get to the clock tower in the novel's Preface?
(b) High noon.
13. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
(a) Because he was a young vampire and couldn't control himself then.
(b) Because Edward asked him to directly.
(c) Because Edward's mother begged Carlisle to save him.
(d) Because he was too beautiful to let die.
14. What happens the first time Bella tries to ride her motorcycle?
(a) She wants to do it again.
(b) She hears Edward.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) She crashes.
15. Why don't Edward and Bella kiss more often?
(a) Because they both have braces.
(b) Because they haven't told each other they want to.
(c) Because it is hard for them to control themselves.
(d) Because they view each other like a sibling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bella blame for brainwashing Jacob?
2. What does Jacob tell Bella the clutch of a motorcycle is like when he is teaching her how to ride?
3. In the Preface, what does Bella say she feels like she is trapped in?
4. How does Jacob suggest that Bella figure out his secret?
5. What animal in the woods fleetingly reminds Bella of Jacob, after the meeting with Laurent?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)