|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Bella takes a picture of with the camera she got for her birthday?
2. What animal in the woods fleetingly reminds Bella of Jacob, after the meeting with Laurent?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bird.
3. Why can't Bella bear to watch the zombie movie when it first starts?
(a) Because it's a romance.
(b) Because it's so ridiculously stupid.
(c) Because it's too scary.
(d) Because she forgot her glasses at home.
4. How does Jacob suggest that Bella figure out his secret?
(a) By guessing.
(b) By talking to Charlie about their conversation.
(c) By doing research on the internet.
(d) By doing research online.
5. Where does Bella see a motorcycle for sale?
(a) In the parking lot at her job.
(b) At a local motorcycle shop.
(c) In the parking lot of the high school.
(d) On the side of the road.
6. In the days after her birthday party, why does Bella decide she must run away with Edward?
(a) To no longer have a bad effect on the Cullen family.
(b) Because she has secretly become a vampire, too.
(c) Because her dad would never let them get married.
(d) Because she is pregnant.
7. How does Billy react to Jacob's concern about the La Push gang and his friend?
(a) That he'll mention it to Charlie.
(b) That he's looking into it.
(c) That the police are looking into it.
(d) That he shouldn't worry.
8. Thinking she has failed in her mission, what does Bella says she forfeits in the Preface?
(a) Her will to live.
(b) Her last chance at a free life.
(c) Her right to complain.
(d) Her right to live with her dad in Forks.
9. What illness does Charlie tell Bella that Jacob might have?
(b) Cystic Fibrosis.
10. In the Preface, who does Bella say surrounds her and Alice?
(a) "Idiots unaware of the danger looming over them."
(b) "Freaks like us."
(c) "Extraordinarily dangerous enemies."
(d) "Edward in his brilliant glory."
11. What does Charlie tell Bella to be careful of when she and Jacob are hiking?
(a) The vampires he has heard rumors of.
(b) Getting lost in the woods.
(c) Jacob making a move on her.
(d) The large bears that have been spotted in the area.
12. As Bella is coming to after being dumped by Edward, what complaint does Charlie get on the phone?
(a) That someone pulled the fire alarm at the high school.
(b) That there are wolves running wild in town.
(c) That Bella caused a scene at the grocery store.
(d) That there are bonfires at the Quileute reservation.
13. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
(a) Because it is as far away from Bella as they can get.
(b) Because it is the vampire capital of the world.
(c) Because a similar vampire family lives there.
(d) Because they used to live there.
14. What does Edward make Bella promise him as he is breaking up with her?
(a) To stay out of danger.
(b) To go to college.
(c) To search for him someday in the future.
(d) To never forget him.
15. What does Jacob tell Bella the clutch of a motorcycle is like when he is teaching her how to ride?
(a) A gun trigger.
(b) A softball.
(c) A grenade.
(d) A feather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward's birthday kiss for Bella remind her of?
2. What does Edward's voice (in her head) tell Bella to do about Laurent in the meadow?
3. How did Bella get the scar Jacob sees at the movie theater?
4. How has Jacob physically changed from when Bella last saw him at the movie theater?
5. Who plays the background music on a CD that Edward gives Bella?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)