|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what time must Bella get to the clock tower in the novel's Preface?
(a) High noon.
2. What animal in the woods fleetingly reminds Bella of Jacob, after the meeting with Laurent?
(a) A bird.
(b) A bear.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wolf.
3. Why does Bella go visit the Cullen house even though she knows they have left town?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) To feel connected to Edward.
(c) To make sure the house is still there.
(d) To make sure she didn't dream up Edward.
4. What birthday gift does Bella receive from her father?
(a) A new cell phone.
(b) A new backpack.
(c) A laptop.
(d) A camera.
5. Why does Bella take pictures of everyone she knows at school?
(a) For her yearbook class.
(b) So her dad will think she has friends.
(c) So she can help Edward finally learn everyone's names.
(d) So she can remember them after she runs away.
6. In the Preface, what awaits Bella that she is glad about?
(a) The "final conclusion to her journey."
(b) Something "bloodthirsty."
(c) Her "one true love."
(d) The "ultimate kiss of death."
7. Who does Jacob confess to Bella gives him the creeps?
(a) Edward Cullen.
(b) Jessica Roberts.
(c) Billy Grant.
(d) Sam Uley.
8. How did Bella get the scar Jacob sees at the movie theater?
(a) From tripping and falling down the stairs at school.
(b) From her motorcycle crash.
(c) From cutting herself.
(d) From being bitten by a vampire.
9. What name does Bella call her grandmother?
10. What does Charlie tell Bella to be careful of when she and Jacob are hiking?
(a) Getting lost in the woods.
(b) The large bears that have been spotted in the area.
(c) The vampires he has heard rumors of.
(d) Jacob making a move on her.
11. Why does Charlie NOT respond to Bella's worry about Sam?
(a) Because they are best friends.
(b) Because he thinks he is a good guy.
(c) Because Sam is Charlie's boss.
(d) Because he has a clean criminal record.
12. How does Bella feel the clock tower toll in the Preface?
(a) Through the tears that are welled up in her eyes.
(b) Like a bolt of lightning through her body.
(c) In her chest, like a heartbeat.
(d) As vibrating the ground beneath her feet.
13. What does Edward's birthday kiss for Bella remind her of?
(a) The time they spent in the meadow.
(b) How much she likes how he smells.
(c) Death itself.
(d) Desperation from a year or so ago.
14. How does Billy react to Jacob's concern about the La Push gang and his friend?
(a) That he's looking into it.
(b) That he'll mention it to Charlie.
(c) That he shouldn't worry.
(d) That the police are looking into it.
15. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
(a) Slower than usual.
(b) About the same.
(c) In reverse.
(d) Faster than usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edward end up in Bella's room on the night of her birthday?
2. How long has Bella's grandmother been dead when the book opens?
3. Who does Bella ask to help her fix up the motorcycles?
4. How does Bella describe her feet in the Preface?
5. What illness does Charlie tell Bella that Jacob might have?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)