|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Jacob physically changed from when Bella last saw him at the movie theater?
(a) He has gained a lot of weight.
(b) He hasn't changed at all.
(c) He is much taller and with shorter hair.
(d) He almost looks like he's shrunk a bit.
2. What birthday gift does Bella receive from her mother?
(a) A gift certificate for a bookstore.
(b) A scrapbook.
(c) A plane ticket home.
(d) A new sweater.
3. Who drives Bella home after her birthday party?
(d) Bella walks home.
4. What causes Bella to NOT hear Edward's voice as much during her motorcycle rides?
(a) She has stopped caring so much for Edward.
(b) She has gotten better at it.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) She got a radio for her helmet.
5. Why does Bella invite Jessica to see a zombie movie with her?
(a) To get out of other plans she had that evening.
(b) Because they have crushes on the main actor.
(c) Because they both want to see it.
(d) To prove to her father that she's okay.
6. Who does Bella see along the side of the road as she drives to Jacob's house?
(c) A large pack of wolves following her.
7. What gift for her car does Bella receive for her birthday?
(a) A set of chains for the winter.
(b) A car wash.
(c) A new car stereo.
(d) A new set of snow tires.
8. How does Bella feel physically the morning after her birthday party?
(a) Like a brand-new person.
(b) Sluggish and sore.
(c) Tired but energized.
(d) Alert and awake.
9. What does Edward's voice (in her head) tell Bella to do about Laurent in the meadow?
(a) Promise him whatever he asks for.
(b) Sing her secret melody to him.
(c) Lie to him.
(d) Pretend to faint.
10. Where does Bella place all of the pictures she takes with her new camera?
(a) In a photo box.
(b) In a digital picture frame.
(c) In her scrapbook.
(d) She never gets them developed because she loses the roll of film.
11. Why does Charlie NOT respond to Bella's worry about Sam?
(a) Because he has a clean criminal record.
(b) Because he thinks he is a good guy.
(c) Because Sam is Charlie's boss.
(d) Because they are best friends.
12. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
(a) Because it is the vampire capital of the world.
(b) Because a similar vampire family lives there.
(c) Because they used to live there.
(d) Because it is as far away from Bella as they can get.
13. What does Bella notice about Edward's body while they are kissing?
(a) That he is very, very nervous.
(b) That he is shaking.
(c) That he seems to be relaxing.
(d) That he is cold and hard.
14. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
(a) Because Edward's mother begged Carlisle to save him.
(b) Because Edward asked him to directly.
(c) Because he was too beautiful to let die.
(d) Because he was a young vampire and couldn't control himself then.
15. Why had Jessica become a bit weary of Bella during the months after Edward broke up with her?
(a) Because she was going crazy with new boyfriends.
(b) Because she started moving in on Jessica's boyfriend.
(c) Because she refused to speak out loud until Edward returned.
(d) Because she was moping all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the tickets for that Edward gives Bella for her birthday?
2. How did Bella get the scar Jacob sees at the movie theater?
3. Whose voice does Bella hear when she visits the empty Cullen house?
4. As Bella is coming to after being dumped by Edward, what complaint does Charlie get on the phone?
5. What does Bella think the fixed-up motorcycles look like?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)