|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob tell Bella the clutch of a motorcycle is like when he is teaching her how to ride?
(a) A gun trigger.
(b) A softball.
(c) A feather.
(d) A grenade.
2. Who is the first person Bella takes a picture of with the camera she got for her birthday?
3. What does Bella notice about Edward's body while they are kissing?
(a) That he is very, very nervous.
(b) That he is shaking.
(c) That he is cold and hard.
(d) That he seems to be relaxing.
4. Why does Bella invite Jessica to see a zombie movie with her?
(a) Because they have crushes on the main actor.
(b) To prove to her father that she's okay.
(c) Because they both want to see it.
(d) To get out of other plans she had that evening.
5. What birthday gift does Bella receive from her father?
(a) A laptop.
(b) A new backpack.
(c) A new cell phone.
(d) A camera.
6. Why does Bella become fearful of Laurent when she meets him alone in the clearing?
(a) Because he appears to be high on drugs.
(b) Because he threatens to harm Edward.
(c) Because she realizes he wants to attack her.
(d) Because she can tell he is under a trance of some kind.
7. What birthday is Bella celebrating when the book opens?
(a) Her eighteenth.
(b) Her sixteenth.
(c) Her nineteenth.
(d) Her seventeenth.
8. Who does Jacob confess to Bella gives him the creeps?
(a) Jessica Roberts.
(b) Edward Cullen.
(c) Sam Uley.
(d) Billy Grant.
9. What injury does Bella get the first time she rides her motorcycle?
(a) A cut on her head/a concussion.
(b) A burn on her leg from the exhaust pipe.
(c) A broken wrist.
(d) Scrapes all over her legs from falling over.
10. How does Jacob respond to the flu that seems to be going around?
(a) He keeps getting it.
(b) He gets much sicker than everyone else.
(c) His fever is much higher than the others, but he doesn't actually throw up.
(d) He doesn't get as sick as everyone else.
11. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
(a) Because it is as far away from Bella as they can get.
(b) Because a similar vampire family lives there.
(c) Because they used to live there.
(d) Because it is the vampire capital of the world.
12. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
(a) About the same.
(b) In reverse.
(c) Faster than usual.
(d) Slower than usual.
13. Where does Bella see a motorcycle for sale?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) In the parking lot at her job.
(c) In the parking lot of the high school.
(d) At a local motorcycle shop.
14. How does Jacob suggest that Bella figure out his secret?
(a) By guessing.
(b) By doing research online.
(c) By talking to Charlie about their conversation.
(d) By doing research on the internet.
15. Which members of the Cullen family leave town immediately after Bella's birthday party?
(a) Alice and Jasper.
(b) Edward and Alice.
(c) Everyone but Edward.
(d) Edward and Jasper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
2. Why does Bella head to Jacob's house in Chapter 11, "Cult"?
3. What kind of music does Bella put on in Jessica's car as they are driving to the zombie movie?
4. From whom does Bella buy the motorcycles?
5. What gift for her car does Bella receive for her birthday?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)