|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the tickets for that Edward gives Bella for her birthday?
(a) For a trip to Florida.
(b) For dinner and a movie date night.
(c) For a concert for their favorite band.
(d) For a train trip to Canada.
2. What treatment does Bella's injured arm need?
(a) Just a band-aid.
(b) Possibly a skin graft.
(d) A rinse.
3. What does Edward write for Bella for her birthday?
(a) A lullaby.
(b) His biography.
(c) A short story.
(d) A poem.
4. Who asks Bella on her first date after she and Edward break up?
5. How does Bella describe her feet in the Preface?
6. Who does Jacob confess to Bella gives him the creeps?
(a) Jessica Roberts.
(b) Edward Cullen.
(c) Billy Grant.
(d) Sam Uley.
7. What does Bella notice about Jacob as he hugs her goodbye after he sneaks in to see her through her window?
(a) That he has become incredibly strong.
(b) That he felt as cold as Edward.
(c) That he is very hot.
(d) That he gives her the chills.
8. What birthday gift does Bella receive from her mother?
(a) A new sweater.
(b) A gift certificate for a bookstore.
(c) A scrapbook.
(d) A plane ticket home.
9. What animal in the woods fleetingly reminds Bella of Jacob, after the meeting with Laurent?
(a) A bird.
(b) A bear.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wolf.
10. What animals are local hikers surprised to hear are being found in the woods in Chapter 5?
(a) Giant black bears.
(b) Strange, fearless snakes.
(c) Giant spiders.
(d) Swarms of bats.
11. What restaurant do Bella and Jessica head to after seeing the zombie movie?
(b) Burger King.
12. What is Bella's full name?
(a) Bella Swan.
(b) Bella Gardener.
(c) Bella Cullen.
(d) Bella Apstein.
13. Why does Bella take pictures of everyone she knows at school?
(a) So her dad will think she has friends.
(b) So she can remember them after she runs away.
(c) So she can help Edward finally learn everyone's names.
(d) For her yearbook class.
14. What does Edward's voice (in her head) tell Bella to do about Laurent in the meadow?
(a) Promise him whatever he asks for.
(b) Lie to him.
(c) Sing her secret melody to him.
(d) Pretend to faint.
15. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
(a) Because he was a young vampire and couldn't control himself then.
(b) Because he was too beautiful to let die.
(c) Because Edward asked him to directly.
(d) Because Edward's mother begged Carlisle to save him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Bella get the first time she rides her motorcycle?
2. What warning does Edward give Bella the first time she rides the bike successfully?
3. Why don't Edward and Bella kiss more often?
4. Why does Bella invite Jessica to see a zombie movie with her?
5. How tall has Jacob grown to be when Bella visits him in Chapter 5?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)