|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edward end up in Bella's room on the night of her birthday?
(a) He sneaks up with her.
(b) He can make himself apear instantly in certain places.
(c) He has been waiting for her there all day.
(d) He comes in through her bedroom window.
2. What does Charlie tell Bella to be careful of when she and Jacob are hiking?
(a) The vampires he has heard rumors of.
(b) The large bears that have been spotted in the area.
(c) Jacob making a move on her.
(d) Getting lost in the woods.
3. In the Preface, what awaits Bella that she is glad about?
(a) Her "one true love."
(b) Something "bloodthirsty."
(c) The "final conclusion to her journey."
(d) The "ultimate kiss of death."
4. Where does Edward break up with Bella?
(a) The woods near the Cullen residence.
(b) In their special meadow.
(d) Her own house.
5. In the Preface, how does time pass for Bella?
(a) Faster than usual.
(b) In reverse.
(c) Slower than usual.
(d) About the same.
6. What does Jacob tell Bella he cannot get out of?
(a) His family obligation for him to marry someone else.
(b) He never actually says what he's involved in.
(c) His physics exam.
(d) Having to move away from Forks.
7. How does Bella figure out that Jacob is a werewolf?
(a) Through some research at the library.
(b) He tells her.
(c) Through a dream.
(d) She overhears some kids at school.
8. What birthday is Bella celebrating when the book opens?
(a) Her eighteenth.
(b) Her nineteenth.
(c) Her sixteenth.
(d) Her seventeenth.
9. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
(a) Because he was a young vampire and couldn't control himself then.
(b) Because Edward asked him to directly.
(c) Because he was too beautiful to let die.
(d) Because Edward's mother begged Carlisle to save him.
10. What happens the first time Bella tries to ride her motorcycle?
(a) She wants to do it again.
(b) She crashes.
(c) She hears Edward.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
11. Where does Bella's mother live?
12. In the Preface, what does Bella say she feels like she is trapped in?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A bad movie.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A steel trap.
13. Who drives Bella home after her birthday party?
(d) Bella walks home.
14. What animals are local hikers surprised to hear are being found in the woods in Chapter 5?
(a) Giant black bears.
(b) Giant spiders.
(c) Swarms of bats.
(d) Strange, fearless snakes.
15. How does Bella feel physically the morning after her birthday party?
(a) Sluggish and sore.
(b) Tired but energized.
(c) Like a brand-new person.
(d) Alert and awake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal in the woods fleetingly reminds Bella of Jacob, after the meeting with Laurent?
2. How does Bella get a paper cut on her birthday?
3. How long has Bella's grandmother been dead when the book opens?
4. What does Bella think the fixed-up motorcycles look like?
5. From whom does Bella buy the motorcycles?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)