|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Cheater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birthday gift does Bella receive from her mother?
(a) A plane ticket home.
(b) A gift certificate for a bookstore.
(c) A new sweater.
(d) A scrapbook.
2. How long has Bella's grandmother been dead when the book opens?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Twenty-four years.
(d) Six years.
3. How does Bella feel the clock tower toll in the Preface?
(a) As vibrating the ground beneath her feet.
(b) In her chest, like a heartbeat.
(c) Like a bolt of lightning through her body.
(d) Through the tears that are welled up in her eyes.
4. From whom does Bella buy the motorcycles?
(a) A classmate.
(b) Someone from the next town over that she doesn't know.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A teacher.
5. By what time must Bella get to the clock tower in the novel's Preface?
(b) High noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella describe her feet in the Preface?
2. In the days after her birthday party, why does Bella decide she must run away with Edward?
3. What animals are local hikers surprised to hear are being found in the woods in Chapter 5?
4. Why is one of the Cullens trying to convince another family member to go to Denali?
5. In the Preface, who does Bella say surrounds her and Alice?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)