|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Verdict.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bella happy to see Laurent in the clearing after she hikes there alone?
(a) Because he is a familiar face.
(b) Because she thinks Edward might be nearby.
(c) Because she always had a secret crush on him.
(d) Because she is hungry and he is eating a picnic lunch.
2. Why had Jessica become a bit weary of Bella during the months after Edward broke up with her?
(a) Because she was moping all the time.
(b) Because she started moving in on Jessica's boyfriend.
(c) Because she refused to speak out loud until Edward returned.
(d) Because she was going crazy with new boyfriends.
3. What animal in the woods fleetingly reminds Bella of Jacob, after the meeting with Laurent?
(a) A bird.
(b) A bear.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A snake.
4. What major, romantic gesture almost happens between Jacob and Bella while they are arguing whether or not it is possible for Bella to be friends with both vampires and werewolves?
(a) They almost sleep together.
(b) They almost hold hands.
(c) They almost kiss.
(d) They almost say "I love you" to each other.
5. What does Carlisle say about why he turned Edward into a vampire?
(a) Because Edward asked him to directly.
(b) Because Edward's mother begged Carlisle to save him.
(c) Because he was too beautiful to let die.
(d) Because he was a young vampire and couldn't control himself then.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals are local hikers surprised to hear are being found in the woods in Chapter 5?
2. What shirt is Edward wearing when Bella sees him for the first time in the square?
3. Who does Bella blame for brainwashing Jacob?
4. What does Charlie tell Bella to be careful of when she and Jacob are hiking?
5. What does Bella notice about Edward's body while they are kissing?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)