|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mexicans sailed to which large body of water?
2. What is the sailor's name for Atlantis?
3. The Peruvians navigated which body of water to reach Bensalem?
4. It is said that the King's greatest act was to found an order called Salomon's House. The house is often referred to as being the ____ foundation on the earth.
5. Which of the following was not one of the things listed as an item brought back to the island by the sailors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Atlantis, Peru and Mexico have in common at that time? What alternate names are used for these countries?
2. What incident most likely caused Atlantic to be destroyed?
3. Describe the food brought to the sailors at the Stranger's House.
4. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
5. What happened after the sailors made the request to go ashore? How long did it take for the sailors to get the response?
6. What did the governor say about the various cultures and their ships?
7. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
8. Who was King Solamona? Why was he important?
9. What did the governor have to say regarding navigation and its changes?
10. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bacon's plan of scientific inquiry was divided into six parts. Give an overview of each part; discuss how it aids in the progression of thought. Also discuss why there are omissions and unfinished parts of the work.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the journey taken by the sailors. What was the purpose of the journey? Where was the departure point? What was the destination point? What type of ship was used for the voyage? What was the purpose? What were some of the issues faced on the open sea? Do you think that the ship may have been able to stay on course if it had been commanded by someone else? Do you think that the ship would have returned to port if the second set of winds had not pushed them north? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail the main differences between the Christian and Jewish cultures. Do you feel that Bacon's comments were objective? How did Joabin react to Bacon's questions? Where do the Christian and Jewish faiths become most separate? Explain.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)