|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
2. What was the alternative name for the Peruvians?
3. What was the alternative name for the Mexicans?
4. King Solamona was known for having with the following?
5. Which of the following supposedly took its toll on Atlantis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the governor have to say regarding navigation and its changes?
2. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
3. What happened the next morning after the sailors settled into their assigned lodgings?
4. What is said about Atlantis at this point?
5. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
6. Describe the food brought to the sailors at the Stranger's House.
7. Discuss the landing at Bensalem.
8. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
9. What did Atlantis, Peru and Mexico have in common at that time? What alternate names are used for these countries?
10. What happened after the sailors made the request to go ashore? How long did it take for the sailors to get the response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bacon's plan of scientific inquiry was divided into six parts. Give an overview of each part; discuss how it aids in the progression of thought. Also discuss why there are omissions and unfinished parts of the work.
Essay Topic 2
The governor feels very strongly about the rules attached to morality on Bensalem. List some of the rules regarding piety, morality and chastity held by the government of Bensalem. Compare them to the same thoughts in other countries, particularly in Europe. Explain why the governor feels so strongly about this topic.
Essay Topic 3
Write a 750 word essay on King Solamona and the founding and purpose of Salomon's House as it is relayed in the story.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)