|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Solamona believed that the land should be maintained for _____.
2. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
3. Some of the Islanders believed that man would be willing to discard ____ for a better offer.
4. What is the sailor's name for Atlantis?
5. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Observation is the biggest key to developing logic, reason and results. What does Bacon say about observation? What is more important - observation or natural history? Can one work without the other in regards to forming a philosophy? Explain. Examine why Bacon takes issue with observation using the senses. Discuss how Bacon thought observation should be conducted and how the information should be used.
Essay Topic 2
Plato and Aristotle were the two main philosophers referred to by Bacon. All three men are highly revered as brilliant men and philosophers. Compare and contrast Bacon, Plato and Aristotle.
Essay Topic 3
Friedrich Nietzsche had a great deal to say about nature's part in philosophy. Read a biography on Nietzsche to learn about his career, philosophy and thoughts on nature. Compare them to those held by Bacon.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)