Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the sailors taken to be given medical treatment?
2. The crew was perplexed by the number of _______ use by the islanders.
3. How many weeks were the sailors permitted to stay ashore?
4. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
5. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
Essay Topic 1
Write a 750 word essay on King Solamona and the founding and purpose of Salomon's House as it is relayed in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Twenty years after the ascension of Christ, the people of Renfusa saw some unidentified phenomena on the water. Explain the phenomena as much as possible. Could the phenomena be explained using today's scientific methods? Do you believe there was a force field or paralyzing force attached to the phenomena? Could it have been mass hallucination? What was left behind after the light disappeared?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the journey taken by the sailors. What was the purpose of the journey? Where was the departure point? What was the destination point? What type of ship was used for the voyage? What was the purpose? What were some of the issues faced on the open sea? Do you think that the ship may have been able to stay on course if it had been commanded by someone else? Do you think that the ship would have returned to port if the second set of winds had not pushed them north? Explain.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)