Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the sailors taken to be given medical treatment?
2. The crew was perplexed by the number of _______ use by the islanders.
3. How many weeks were the sailors permitted to stay ashore?
4. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
5. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
Essay Topic 1
Bacon's plan of scientific inquiry was divided into six parts. Give an overview of each part; discuss how it aids in the progression of thought. Also discuss why there are omissions and unfinished parts of the work.
Essay Topic 2
Friedrich Nietzsche had a great deal to say about nature's part in philosophy. Read a biography on Nietzsche to learn about his career, philosophy and thoughts on nature. Compare them to those held by Bacon.
Essay Topic 3
Bacon sees the debates between philosophers as being relatively useless. Why? What about the debates does not help man move forward? Bacon mentions several schools of thought that could easily spawn heated debates. Examine these topics. Also use references in the text to structure a debate on old logic versus new logic, the wisdom of the ancients versus modern philosophy.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)