Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
2. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
4. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
5. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to cause the wanderers to be confused and lost?
2. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
3. What did Atlantis, Peru and Mexico have in common at that time? What alternate names are used for these countries?
4. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
5. Define syllogism and the reason Bacon thought it was inferior to complete the task, which is to make men more forward thinking.
6. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
7. What is said about Atlantis at this point?
8. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
9. What was the governor's opinion on adultery, pre-marital sex, prostitution and polygamy?
10. What incident most likely caused Atlantic to be destroyed?
Examine in detail the myriad projects being executed by the Fathers and others at Salomon's House. Choose at least five and compare them to modern day techniques, methods, and experiments.
Bacon has a great deal to say about nature. Nature offers clues to man as to how things work in a logical sense. Should nature be trusted over ideas and/or reason? Explain. What types of clues can man receive from nature? Why does Bacon say that man is nature's servant? Do you believe that man is subject to nature's causes, actions and whims? Explain and give examples of each.
Explain in detail the main differences between the Christian and Jewish cultures. Do you feel that Bacon's comments were objective? How did Joabin react to Bacon's questions? Where do the Christian and Jewish faiths become most separate? Explain.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)