|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the saint that left the letter behind?
2. Which of the following decayed in the rest of the world?
3. Some of the Islanders believed that man would be willing to discard ____ for a better offer.
4. The work was presented in such a way that it was written in the native tongue for all but which group?
5. According to the text, it took ____ years for Atlantis to be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was banned on the island?
2. A great pillar of light was seen by the people of which city?
3. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
4. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
5. What was left behind after the pillar broke apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the food brought to the sailors at the Stranger's House.
2. What did the governor have to say regarding navigation and its changes?
3. What is said about Atlantis at this point?
4. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
5. What did the governor say about the various cultures and their ships?
6. Who arrived on the fourth day? What was his purpose?
7. What happened the next morning after the sailors settled into their assigned lodgings?
8. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
9. Who was King Solamona? Why was he important?
10. What did Atlantis, Peru and Mexico have in common at that time? What alternate names are used for these countries?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)