|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following supposedly took its toll on Atlantis?
(a) The sea.
(c) Divine revenge.
2. How many people approached the boats after the sailors requested medical treatment?
3. The King's country was approximately _____ miles in circumference.
4. The text states that the navigation of the world was smaller than it was in which year?
5. The text or references books of the Bible that had not yet been written such as _____'s epistles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following countries is not mentioned in the text?
2. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
3. What was the name of the island?
4. Some of the Islanders believed that man would be willing to discard ____ for a better offer.
5. What was the name of the saint that left the letter behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What speech was made to the men after they had retrieved all of their goods and sick counterparts from the ship?
2. Who arrived on the fourth day? What was his purpose?
3. How did the governor explain the islanders' conversion to Christianity?
4. What was the first thing asked of the governor?
5. What incident most likely caused Atlantic to be destroyed?
6. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
7. What was the governor's explanation to the sailor's question?
8. What did Atlantis, Peru and Mexico have in common at that time? What alternate names are used for these countries?
9. Discuss the landing at Bensalem.
10. What was the governor's advice regarding the sailors' thoughts of America?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)