|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was manifested in the writings?
(a) Gift of Sight.
(b) Gift of Divinity.
(c) Gift of Tongues.
(d) Gift of Prophecy.
2. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
3. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
(a) Red Sea.
(b) South Sea.
(c) Atlantic Ocean.
(d) Pacific Ocean
4. Other position was held by the island's governor?
5. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailors offered _____ to the governor; the governor refused.
2. How many ships did Bensalem have at this time?
3. What was the intended destination?
4. What was the alternative name for the Mexicans?
5. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
2. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
3. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
4. How did the governor explain the islanders' conversion to Christianity?
5. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
6. What did the governor have to say regarding navigation and its changes?
7. What speech was made to the men after they had retrieved all of their goods and sick counterparts from the ship?
8. Discuss the landing at Bensalem.
9. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
10. What happened after the sailors made the request to go ashore? How long did it take for the sailors to get the response?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)