|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
2. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
3. Where were the sailors taken to be given medical treatment?
(a) Brethren House.
(b) Stranger's House.
(c) Fathers House.
(d) Salomon's House.
4. Which of the following was banned on the island?
5. Which of the following was not one of the things listed as an item brought back to the island by the sailors?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
2. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
3. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
4. It is said that the King's greatest act was to found an order called Salomon's House. The house is often referred to as being the ____ foundation on the earth.
5. The king sent ____ ship(s) out to the world to gain knowledge.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
2. What happened the next day when the governor visited again?
3. Who arrived on the fourth day? What was his purpose?
4. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
5. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
6. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
7. What was the first thing asked of the governor?
8. Describe the food brought to the sailors at the Stranger's House.
9. Discuss the landing at Bensalem.
10. What was the governor's explanation to the sailor's question?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)