|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other position was held by the island's governor?
2. Which of the following countries is not mentioned in the text?
3. Which of the following was not one of the things listed as an item brought back to the island by the sailors?
4. The text states that the navigation of the world was smaller than it was in which year?
5. What is the sailor's name for Atlantis?
(a) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the sailors taken to be given medical treatment?
2. How many weeks were the sailors permitted to stay ashore?
3. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
4. How many people approached the boats after the sailors requested medical treatment?
5. This philosopher described Atlantis in the ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the governor say about the various cultures and their ships?
2. What happened the next morning after the sailors settled into their assigned lodgings?
3. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
4. Discuss the oath that was required for the sailors to go ashore.
5. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
6. What was the governor's advice regarding the sailors' thoughts of America?
7. Who arrived on the fourth day? What was his purpose?
8. What happened the next day when the governor visited again?
9. What was the governor's explanation to the sailor's question?
10. How did the governor explain the islanders' conversion to Christianity?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)