|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
2. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
3. Which of the following is not mentioned as being a group with large fleets?
4. Which famous philosopher reported the prosperity of Atlantis?
5. King Solamona was known for having with the following?
(a) A strong mind.
(b) A good heart.
(c) A keen sense of direction.
(d) An iron will.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Solamona believed that the land should be maintained for _____.
2. It was believed that the Americans were a small and ____ people.
3. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
4. Other position was held by the island's governor?
5. The Mexicans sailed to which large body of water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the food brought to the sailors at the Stranger's House.
2. What happened the next morning after the sailors settled into their assigned lodgings?
3. What did the governor have to say regarding navigation and its changes?
4. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
5. Who was King Solamona? Why was he important?
6. What was the first thing asked of the governor?
7. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
8. Discuss the oath that was required for the sailors to go ashore.
9. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
10. What was the governor's explanation to the sailor's question?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)