|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the text, it took ____ years for Atlantis to be destroyed.
2. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
3. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
4. The crew reported having soft and weak winds for ____ months.
5. The governor told the sailors that the island had been saving money for _____ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
2. Which of the following was delivered to the ship by a small greeting party?
3. The Coya let the king of Bensalem, a wise man named ____.
4. The ships were sent out every ____ years.
5. What is the name of the city merchant that came in contact with the sailor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the governor explain the islanders' conversion to Christianity?
2. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
3. What did the governor say about the various cultures and their ships?
4. Who was King Solamona? Why was he important?
5. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
6. What did the governor have to say regarding navigation and its changes?
7. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
8. What was the governor's explanation to the sailor's question?
9. What speech was made to the men after they had retrieved all of their goods and sick counterparts from the ship?
10. What was the first thing asked of the governor?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)