|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was banned on the island?
2. The Coya let the king of Bensalem, a wise man named ____.
3. Which of the following was delivered to the ship by a small greeting party?
(d) Fresh water.
4. The King's country was approximately _____ miles in circumference.
5. It was believed that the Americans were a small and ____ people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is given to the person in this position?
2. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
3. Which of the following countries had laws against immigrants?
4. It is said that the King's greatest act was to found an order called Salomon's House. The house is often referred to as being the ____ foundation on the earth.
5. What was the name of the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the governor have to say regarding navigation and its changes?
2. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
3. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
4. Discuss the oath that was required for the sailors to go ashore.
5. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
6. What speech was made to the men after they had retrieved all of their goods and sick counterparts from the ship?
7. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
8. What was the governor's advice regarding the sailors' thoughts of America?
9. What is said about Atlantis at this point?
10. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)