|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
2. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
3. This philosopher described Atlantis in the ________.
4. The king sent ____ ship(s) out to the world to gain knowledge.
5. The sailors communicated with the islanders in which language?
Short Answer Questions
1. The text or references books of the Bible that had not yet been written such as _____'s epistles.
2. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
3. The Mexicans sailed to which large body of water?
4. What was the alternative name for the Peruvians?
5. The governor told the sailors that the island had been saving money for _____ years.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
2. What did the governor say about the various cultures and their ships?
3. What happened the next morning after the sailors settled into their assigned lodgings?
4. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
5. What did the governor have to say regarding navigation and its changes?
6. Who was King Solamona? Why was he important?
7. Discuss the oath that was required for the sailors to go ashore.
8. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
9. How did the governor explain the islanders' conversion to Christianity?
10. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)