|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mexicans sailed to which large body of water?
(a) Sea of China.
(b) Black Sea.
(d) Sea of Japan.
2. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
3. King Solamona was known for having with the following?
(a) An iron will.
(b) A good heart.
(c) A strong mind.
(d) A keen sense of direction.
4. A great pillar of light was seen by the people of which city?
(d) Sao Paulo.
5. According to the text, the laws made the government seem ignorant and ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The philosopher had dedicated this particular work to which other famous philosopher?
2. The crew was perplexed by the number of _______ use by the islanders.
3. Which of the following was not one of the things listed as an item brought back to the island by the sailors?
4. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
5. The sailors found great ____ and friendliness among the natives.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the governor say about the various cultures and their ships?
2. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
3. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
4. Discuss the oath that was required for the sailors to go ashore.
5. What was the governor's advice regarding the sailors' thoughts of America?
6. Describe the food brought to the sailors at the Stranger's House.
7. What did Atlantis, Peru and Mexico have in common at that time? What alternate names are used for these countries?
8. What happened after the sailors made the request to go ashore? How long did it take for the sailors to get the response?
9. What happened the next day when the governor visited again?
10. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)