|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries is not mentioned in the text?
2. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
3. The ruler of Bensalem was also known to be a great ____.
4. Which of the following was banned on the island?
5. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the intended destination?
2. The Americans were also a young people, younger than the rest of the world by _____ years.
3. What was left behind after the pillar broke apart?
4. What name is given to the person in this position?
5. The text states that the navigation of the world was smaller than it was in which year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
2. What happened the next day when the governor visited again?
3. Who arrived on the fourth day? What was his purpose?
4. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
5. What was the governor's explanation to the sailor's question?
6. Describe the food brought to the sailors at the Stranger's House.
7. What did Atlantis, Peru and Mexico have in common at that time? What alternate names are used for these countries?
8. Discuss the oath that was required for the sailors to go ashore.
9. What did the governor have to say regarding navigation and its changes?
10. What happened after the sailors made the request to go ashore? How long did it take for the sailors to get the response?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)