|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was believed that the Americans were a small and ____ people.
2. A great pillar of light was seen by the people of which city?
(a) Sao Paulo.
3. The sailors offered _____ to the governor; the governor refused.
4. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
(a) Atlantic Ocean.
(b) South Sea.
(c) Pacific Ocean
(d) Red Sea.
5. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to island law, a person must wait at least ____ month(s) between the first interview and marriage.
2. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
3. The governor told the sailors that the island had been saving money for _____ years.
4. Which of the following was not one of the things listed as an item brought back to the island by the sailors?
5. The governor stated that the sailors would not be permitted to reveal the _______ of their missions.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the next day when the governor visited again?
2. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
3. What was the governor's explanation to the sailor's question?
4. What speech was made to the men after they had retrieved all of their goods and sick counterparts from the ship?
5. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
6. What did Atlantis, Peru and Mexico have in common at that time? What alternate names are used for these countries?
7. Discuss the landing at Bensalem.
8. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
9. What was the governor's advice regarding the sailors' thoughts of America?
10. What happened the next morning after the sailors settled into their assigned lodgings?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)