|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The text states that the navigation of the world was smaller than it was in which year?
2. Which of the following decayed in the rest of the world?
3. Where were the sailors taken to be given medical treatment?
(a) Salomon's House.
(b) Brethren House.
(c) Fathers House.
(d) Stranger's House.
4. The sailors found great ____ and friendliness among the natives.
5. Which of the following countries is not mentioned in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is given to the person in this position?
2. The King's country was approximately _____ miles in circumference.
3. The people realize that once they got as close as ____ yards they could not move.
4. The ruler of Bensalem was also known to be a great ____.
5. When the pillar of light broke up it turned in to which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the sailors made the request to go ashore? How long did it take for the sailors to get the response?
2. Describe the food brought to the sailors at the Stranger's House.
3. Who arrived on the fourth day? What was his purpose?
4. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
5. Who was King Solamona? Why was he important?
6. What happened the next morning after the sailors settled into their assigned lodgings?
7. What did the governor say about the various cultures and their ships?
8. Discuss the landing at Bensalem.
9. What happened the next day when the governor visited again?
10. What speech was made to the men after they had retrieved all of their goods and sick counterparts from the ship?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)