|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ships were sent out every ____ years.
2. This philosopher described Atlantis in the ________.
3. The sailors offered _____ to the governor; the governor refused.
4. The crew had taken a long enough supplies to last for ___ months.
5. According to the text, it took ____ years for Atlantis to be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ships did Bensalem have at this time?
2. King Solamona believed that the land should be maintained for _____.
3. Which famous philosopher reported the prosperity of Atlantis?
4. Which of the following was not offered to the sailors at this time?
5. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
2. Discuss the oath that was required for the sailors to go ashore.
3. What happened the next morning after the sailors settled into their assigned lodgings?
4. Who was King Solamona? Why was he important?
5. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
6. What is said about Atlantis at this point?
7. What did the governor say about the various cultures and their ships?
8. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
9. Discuss the landing at Bensalem.
10. What happened after the sailors made the request to go ashore? How long did it take for the sailors to get the response?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)