|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ruler of Bensalem was also known to be a great ____.
2. Which of the following countries is not mentioned in the text?
3. It is said that the King's greatest act was to found an order called Salomon's House. The house is often referred to as being the ____ foundation on the earth.
(d) Most secretive.
4. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
5. The text or references books of the Bible that had not yet been written such as _____'s epistles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
2. It was believed that the Americans were a small and ____ people.
3. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
4. Other position was held by the island's governor?
5. The crew had taken a long enough supplies to last for ___ months.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the governor's explanation to the sailor's question?
2. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
3. How did the governor explain the islanders' conversion to Christianity?
4. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
5. Who arrived on the fourth day? What was his purpose?
6. Discuss the oath that was required for the sailors to go ashore.
7. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
8. What speech was made to the men after they had retrieved all of their goods and sick counterparts from the ship?
9. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
10. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)