|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The governor stated that the sailors would not be permitted to reveal the _______ of their missions.
2. Which of the following was not offered to the sailors at this time?
(a) Ship repair.
(b) Towing assistance.
3. According to the text, the laws made the government seem ignorant and ____.
4. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
5. The sick were quarantined for ____ days.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is said that the King's greatest act was to found an order called Salomon's House. The house is often referred to as being the ____ foundation on the earth.
2. King Solamona believed that the land should be maintained for _____.
3. The governor told the sailors that the island had been saving money for _____ years.
4. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
5. What is the sailor's name for Atlantis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the food brought to the sailors at the Stranger's House.
2. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
3. What speech was made to the men after they had retrieved all of their goods and sick counterparts from the ship?
4. How did the governor explain the islanders' conversion to Christianity?
5. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
6. What was the first thing asked of the governor?
7. What happened after the sailors made the request to go ashore? How long did it take for the sailors to get the response?
8. What did the sailors offer in return for lodgings, food, and medical care? What was the response received by the person in charge?
9. What was the governor's advice regarding the sailors' thoughts of America?
10. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)