|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
2. How many ships did Bensalem have at this time?
3. This philosopher described Atlantis in the ________.
4. What was the intended destination?
(c) The West Indies.
5. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
2. It is said that the King's greatest act was to found an order called Salomon's House. The house is often referred to as being the ____ foundation on the earth.
3. The Coya let the king of Bensalem, a wise man named ____.
4. How many years after the ascension of Jesus did the Islanders convert to Christianity?
5. Which of the following decayed in the rest of the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the next day when the governor visited again?
2. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
3. What happened after the sailors made the request to go ashore? How long did it take for the sailors to get the response?
4. Who arrived on the fourth day? What was his purpose?
5. What did the governor say about the various cultures and their ships?
6. What speech was made to the men after they had retrieved all of their goods and sick counterparts from the ship?
7. What was the governor's explanation to the sailor's question?
8. What did Atlantis, Peru and Mexico have in common at that time? What alternate names are used for these countries?
9. Why was the governor grateful and amused by the sailor's question?
10. What happened the next morning after the sailors settled into their assigned lodgings?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)