|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
2. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
3. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(d) Ill formed.
4. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
5. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
2. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
3. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
4. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
5. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the Father and his clothing?
2. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
3. Who arrived on the fourth day? What was his purpose?
4. Discuss the oath that was required for the sailors to go ashore.
5. What steps has Bacon taken to devote himself wholly to his philosophy and to eliminate distractions from the outside world?
6. What happens to cause the wanderers to be confused and lost?
7. Discuss the process used by traditional logicians.
8. What is the role of the modern logician? What does Bacon want to change about the process?
9. What is Bacon's advice to the people who would spend the majority of their time reading books on arts and sciences?
10. Why did Bacon believed that it was pointless to argue simple human observation?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)