|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
2. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
3. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
4. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
5. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
2. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
3. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
4. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
5. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bacon explain why it was necessary to observe everything?
2. What is the role of the modern logician? What does Bacon want to change about the process?
3. Why did Bacon believed that it was pointless to argue simple human observation?
4. What is Bacon's advice to the people who would spend the majority of their time reading books on arts and sciences?
5. What was Bacon's way of counteracting the ways of the ancients?
6. How does Bacon referred to the wisdom of the Greeks? Additionally how does Bacon compare the state of learning to which mythical character?
7. Explain the third part of the work and its connection to phenomena.
8. What steps has Bacon taken to devote himself wholly to his philosophy and to eliminate distractions from the outside world?
9. What is the next step in the work? What tools can be used to accomplish the necessary tasks?
10. Discuss the process used by traditional logicians.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)