|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(d) The past.
2. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
3. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
4. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
5. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
Short Answer Questions
1. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
2. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
4. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
5. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bacon referred to the wisdom of the Greeks? Additionally how does Bacon compare the state of learning to which mythical character?
2. Why did Bacon believed that it was pointless to argue simple human observation?
3. What is the opinion of the average man regarding the advancement of sciences?
4. What is Francis Bacon's main complaint about people realizing their strengths and weaknesses?
5. What are Bacon's thoughts on the advancement of philosophy?
6. Explain the fourth, fifth and sixth parts of the text.
7. What happens to cause the wanderers to be confused and lost?
8. Define syllogism and the reason Bacon thought it was inferior to complete the task, which is to make men more forward thinking.
9. Explain the culture needed for an observer.
10. How did Bacon explain why it was necessary to observe everything?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)