|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
2. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
3. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
4. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(c) Gray matter.
5. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
2. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
3. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
4. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
5. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
2. According to the text, what is the brief history of the beliefs of the Jews? How did Joabin explain this discrepancy?
3. How did Bacon explain why it was necessary to observe everything?
4. Describe the food brought to the sailors at the Stranger's House.
5. Why did Bacon believed that it was pointless to argue simple human observation?
6. Why did Bacon feel experiments were necessary to prove one's logic?
7. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
8. Who arrived on the fourth day? What was his purpose?
9. What steps has Bacon taken to devote himself wholly to his philosophy and to eliminate distractions from the outside world?
10. What was the governor's explanation to the sailor's question?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)