|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(b) False beliefs.
2. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(d) The Universe.
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Scientific Community.
(c) The public's consciousness.
(d) The Church.
4. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
5. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(b) True understanding.
(d) A meeting of the minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
2. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
3. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
4. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
5. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to cause the wanderers to be confused and lost?
2. Explain the voyage from Peru and the problems encountered by the sailors on that voyage.
3. What did Atlantis, Peru and Mexico have in common at that time? What alternate names are used for these countries?
4. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
5. Define syllogism and the reason Bacon thought it was inferior to complete the task, which is to make men more forward thinking.
6. What was required of the sailors before they were permitted to go ashore?
7. What is said about Atlantis at this point?
8. How did the author describe the Stranger's House?
9. What was the governor's opinion on adultery, pre-marital sex, prostitution and polygamy?
10. What incident most likely caused Atlantic to be destroyed?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)