|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(b) Each other.
2. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Question itself.
(b) Process information.
(c) Move forward.
(d) Be rebuilt.
3. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(b) False beliefs.
4. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
5. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
2. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
3. What years did the King serve England?
4. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
5. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
Short Essay Questions
1. What steps has Bacon taken to devote himself wholly to his philosophy and to eliminate distractions from the outside world?
2. Why did Bacon believed that it was pointless to argue simple human observation?
3. Briefly describe the overall purpose and any of the first part title "The Divisions of the Sciences."
4. Discuss the second part of The Great Instauration and Bacon's plan to define and explain it.
5. What is the next step in the work? What tools can be used to accomplish the necessary tasks?
6. What is Bacon's advice to the people who would spend the majority of their time reading books on arts and sciences?
7. How does Bacon referred to the wisdom of the Greeks? Additionally how does Bacon compare the state of learning to which mythical character?
8. What is the opinion of the average man regarding the advancement of sciences?
9. Explain the fourth, fifth and sixth parts of the text.
10. Discuss the process used by traditional logicians.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)