|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What years did the King serve England?
2. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
3. What is a "procemium?"
4. Human reasoning is _____.
5. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
2. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
3. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
4. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
5. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the second part of The Great Instauration and Bacon's plan to define and explain it.
2. Define syllogism and the reason Bacon thought it was inferior to complete the task, which is to make men more forward thinking.
3. Explain the third part of the work and its connection to phenomena.
4. Explain the culture needed for an observer.
5. What are Bacon's thoughts on the advancement of philosophy?
6. Why did Bacon feel experiments were necessary to prove one's logic?
7. What steps has Bacon taken to devote himself wholly to his philosophy and to eliminate distractions from the outside world?
8. Why did Bacon believed that it was pointless to argue simple human observation?
9. What is the opinion of the average man regarding the advancement of sciences?
10. Explain the fourth, fifth and sixth parts of the text.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)