|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
2. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
3. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(a) Each other.
4. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
5. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(b) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
2. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
3. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
4. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
5. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Francis Bacon apologize to King James I in his dedication to "The Great Instauration?" What did Bacon say?
2. What is the next step in the work? What tools can be used to accomplish the necessary tasks?
3. How does Bacon referred to the wisdom of the Greeks? Additionally how does Bacon compare the state of learning to which mythical character?
4. How did Bacon explain why it was necessary to observe everything?
5. Explain the third part of the work and its connection to phenomena.
6. What happens to cause the wanderers to be confused and lost?
7. What is the role of the modern logician? What does Bacon want to change about the process?
8. Why did Bacon believed that it was pointless to argue simple human observation?
9. Briefly describe the overall purpose and any of the first part title "The Divisions of the Sciences."
10. What is Bacon's advice to the people who would spend the majority of their time reading books on arts and sciences?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)