|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
4. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
5. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(c) False beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
2. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
3. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
4. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
5. Human reasoning is _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Bacon says that there is only way out of stagnation. What is it and why is it important?
2. Briefly describe the overall purpose and any of the first part title "The Divisions of the Sciences."
3. Why did Bacon feel experiments were necessary to prove one's logic?
4. The Jews had many similar beliefs as those of the Christians on Bensalem. What does the governor say about those laws?
5. How does the author describe the Father and his clothing?
6. What speech was made to the men after they had retrieved all of their goods and sick counterparts from the ship?
7. How is the Father's chariot described?
8. What are Bacon's thoughts on the advancement of philosophy?
9. Describe some of the things imparted to Bacon by the Father.
10. What was the governor's opinion on adultery, pre-marital sex, prostitution and polygamy?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)