|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
2. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
3. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
4. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Process information.
(b) Question itself.
(c) Be rebuilt.
(d) Move forward.
5. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
2. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
3. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
4. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
5. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
Short Essay Questions
1. What two great expeditions were taken by the sailors of Coya and Tyrambel?
2. Define syllogism and the reason Bacon thought it was inferior to complete the task, which is to make men more forward thinking.
3. What happened after the sailors made the request to go ashore? How long did it take for the sailors to get the response?
4. What did the governor have to say regarding navigation and its changes?
5. Discuss the oath that was required for the sailors to go ashore.
6. How does the author describe the Father and his clothing?
7. What is Francis Bacon's main complaint about people realizing their strengths and weaknesses?
8. Discuss the process used by traditional logicians.
9. What was the governor's advice regarding the sailors' thoughts of America?
10. What did Bacon say when people blame Adam's condemnation on science? What can be learned from the experience?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)