|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other position was held by the island's governor?
2. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
3. What was left behind after the pillar broke apart?
4. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
5. The governor stated that the sailors would not be permitted to reveal the _______ of their missions.
6. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
7. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
8. Who was responsible for arbitrating disputes?
9. Which of the following was not offered to the sailors at this time?
(b) Ship repair.
(d) Towing assistance.
10. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
(a) South Sea.
(b) Red Sea.
(c) Pacific Ocean
(d) Atlantic Ocean.
11. Which of the following was banned on the island?
12. According to the text, it took ____ years for Atlantis to be destroyed.
13. According to the text, the laws made the government seem ignorant and ____.
14. What was the name of the island?
(d) Pago Pago.
15. How many ships did Bensalem have at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks were the sailors permitted to stay ashore?
2. The King's country was approximately _____ miles in circumference.
3. The governor informs the sailors that they would use the island's _____ to provide ship repair.
4. This philosopher described Atlantis in the ________.
5. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)