|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the text, the laws made the government seem ignorant and ____.
2. What was the name of the island?
(b) Pago Pago.
3. What is the name of the city merchant that came in contact with the sailor?
4. The king sent ____ ship(s) out to the world to gain knowledge.
5. How many ships did Bensalem have at this time?
6. The sailors communicated with the islanders in which language?
7. Which of the following was banned on the island?
8. Other position was held by the island's governor?
9. How many years after the ascension of Jesus did the Islanders convert to Christianity?
10. According to island law, a person must wait at least ____ month(s) between the first interview and marriage.
11. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
12. The crew reported having soft and weak winds for ____ months.
13. How many weeks were the sailors permitted to stay ashore?
14. The text states that the navigation of the world was smaller than it was in which year?
15. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following decayed in the rest of the world?
2. It was believed that the Americans were a small and ____ people.
3. Which of the following countries is not mentioned in the text?
4. Which of the following was not one of the things listed as an item brought back to the island by the sailors?
5. The Coya let the king of Bensalem, a wise man named ____.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)