|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Coya let the king of Bensalem, a wise man named ____.
2. How many people approached the boats after the sailors requested medical treatment?
3. How many years after the ascension of Jesus did the Islanders convert to Christianity?
4. What was the name of the saint that left the letter behind?
5. The sailors offered _____ to the governor; the governor refused.
6. What was the intended destination?
(c) The West Indies.
7. The author of the letter also supposedly preached in which country?
8. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
9. This philosopher described Atlantis in the ________.
10. Which of the following decayed in the rest of the world?
11. The crew reported having soft and weak winds for ____ months.
12. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
13. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
14. Which of the following supposedly took its toll on Atlantis?
(b) Divine revenge.
(d) The sea.
15. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the text, the laws made the government seem ignorant and ____.
2. Other position was held by the island's governor?
3. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
4. The king sent ____ ship(s) out to the world to gain knowledge.
5. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)