|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
(a) South Sea.
(b) Pacific Ocean
(c) Atlantic Ocean.
(d) Red Sea.
2. It is written that the sailors were so grateful they felt as if they were among ____.
3. The crew was informed that they would only be permitted to stay for ____ days along the coast.
4. The governor told the sailors that the island had been saving money for _____ years.
5. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
6. The Coya let the king of Bensalem, a wise man named ____.
7. The governor informs the sailors that they would use the island's _____ to provide ship repair.
(a) Trade relations.
8. The Mexicans sailed to which large body of water?
(a) Sea of Japan.
(c) Black Sea.
(d) Sea of China.
9. It was believed that the Americans were a small and ____ people.
10. The King's country was approximately _____ miles in circumference.
11. What was left behind after the pillar broke apart?
12. How many people approached the boats after the sailors requested medical treatment?
13. King Solamona believed that the land should be maintained for _____.
14. The sailors communicated with the islanders in which language?
15. The author of the letter also supposedly preached in which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not offered to the sailors at this time?
2. Which of the following was not one of the things listed as an item brought back to the island by the sailors?
3. The crew was perplexed by the number of _______ use by the islanders.
4. According to island law, a person must wait at least ____ month(s) between the first interview and marriage.
5. The sailors found great ____ and friendliness among the natives.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)