|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks were the sailors permitted to stay ashore?
2. What was the name of the saint that left the letter behind?
3. The ruler of Bensalem was also known to be a great ____.
4. Other position was held by the island's governor?
5. What was the intended destination?
(b) The West Indies.
6. The author of the letter also supposedly preached in which country?
7. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
8. What was the alternative name for the Peruvians?
9. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
10. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
11. Which of the following countries is not mentioned in the text?
12. This philosopher described Atlantis in the ________.
13. Some of the Islanders believed that man would be willing to discard ____ for a better offer.
14. The Mexicans sailed to which large body of water?
(a) Sea of China.
(b) Black Sea.
(c) Sea of Japan.
15. Which famous philosopher reported the prosperity of Atlantis?
Short Answer Questions
1. The text states that the navigation of the world was smaller than it was in which year?
2. The sick were quarantined for ____ days.
3. How many years after the ascension of Jesus did the Islanders convert to Christianity?
4. Which of the following is not mentioned as being a group with large fleets?
5. The crew was perplexed by the number of _______ use by the islanders.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)