|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
2. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
3. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
4. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
5. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
6. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
7. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
8. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
9. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
(a) "The Tragic Rebirth."
(b) "The Mighty Revolution."
(c) "The Scientific Method."
(d) "The Great Restoration."
10. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
11. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
12. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
13. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(b) False beliefs.
14. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
15. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
Short Answer Questions
1. What years did the King serve England?
2. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
3. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
4. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
5. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)