|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
2. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(a) False beliefs.
3. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
4. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
5. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
6. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
7. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Church.
(c) The Scientific Community.
(d) The public's consciousness.
8. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
9. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(b) Ill formed.
10. Human reasoning is _____.
11. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(c) Gray matter.
12. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
13. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
14. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
15. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
(a) "The Scientific Method."
(b) "The Great Restoration."
(c) "The Tragic Rebirth."
(d) "The Mighty Revolution."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
2. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
3. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
4. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
5. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)