|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
2. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) The pot calling the kettle black.
(b) In one ear and out the other.
(c) Garbage in, garbage out.
(d) Between a rock and a hard place.
3. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
4. How many parts are there to the work?
5. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
6. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
7. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Move forward.
(b) Question itself.
(c) Be rebuilt.
(d) Process information.
8. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
9. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
10. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
11. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
12. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
13. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
14. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
15. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
2. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
3. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
4. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
5. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)