|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
2. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
3. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(b) Outside influence.
(d) Alternative thought.
4. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
5. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
6. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
7. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
8. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
9. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(a) Original condition.
(c) Previous incarnation.
10. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(c) Gray matter.
11. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
12. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
13. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
14. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(b) False beliefs.
15. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
Short Answer Questions
1. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
2. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
3. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
4. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
5. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)