|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
2. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
3. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
4. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
5. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
6. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
7. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
8. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) The pot calling the kettle black.
(b) Garbage in, garbage out.
(c) In one ear and out the other.
(d) Between a rock and a hard place.
9. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
10. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Move forward.
(b) Question itself.
(c) Be rebuilt.
(d) Process information.
11. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
12. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
13. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
14. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Scientific Community.
(b) The Church.
(c) The public's consciousness.
15. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(b) False beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
4. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
5. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)