|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
2. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
3. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
4. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
(a) Scientific inquiry.
5. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
6. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
7. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(a) Ill formed.
8. Human reasoning is _____.
9. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
10. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(c) The Universe.
11. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
12. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
13. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(b) Schools of thought.
14. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
15. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
2. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
3. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
4. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
5. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)