|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
2. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
3. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
4. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
5. Human reasoning is _____.
6. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
7. How many parts are there to the work?
8. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
9. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Process information.
(b) Move forward.
(c) Be rebuilt.
(d) Question itself.
10. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
11. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
12. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
13. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
14. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
15. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(d) Starting point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
2. What years did the King serve England?
3. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
4. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
5. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)