|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
2. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
3. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Move forward.
(b) Process information.
(c) Be rebuilt.
(d) Question itself.
4. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
5. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
6. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(c) The past.
7. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
8. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
9. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(c) Outside influence.
(d) Alternative thought.
10. What is a "procemium?"
11. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
12. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
13. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
14. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
15. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Scientific Community.
(b) The Church.
(c) The public's consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
2. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
3. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
4. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
5. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)