|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
2. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
3. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
(d) Easily influenced.
4. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
5. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
6. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
7. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
8. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
9. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(d) Each other.
10. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(b) Outside influence.
(d) Alternative thought.
11. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
(a) Bottom of the sea.
(c) Earth's core.
(d) Smallest insect.
12. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(c) Gray matter.
13. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
14. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
15. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(b) False beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
2. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
3. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
4. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
5. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)