|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
2. What years did the King serve England?
3. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) Division of Sciences.
(b) The New Philosophy.
(c) History of Philosophy.
(d) The Ladder of the Intellect.
4. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
5. Human reasoning is _____.
6. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
7. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
8. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
9. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
10. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
11. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
(a) "The Scientific Method."
(b) "The Tragic Rebirth."
(c) "The Great Restoration."
(d) "The Mighty Revolution."
12. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
13. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
14. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
15. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(a) Schools of thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
2. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
3. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
4. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
5. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)