Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
2. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
3. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
4. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) The pot calling the kettle black.
(b) Garbage in, garbage out.
(c) In one ear and out the other.
(d) Between a rock and a hard place.
5. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
6. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Move forward.
(b) Question itself.
(c) Be rebuilt.
(d) Process information.
7. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
8. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(a) Ill formed.
9. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(c) Starting point.
10. What is a "procemium?"
11. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
12. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
13. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(a) Each other.
14. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
15. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
2. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
3. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
4. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
5. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)