|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
2. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
3. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
4. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
5. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
6. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
7. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
8. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
9. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(c) Alternative thought.
(d) Outside influence.
10. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
11. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(c) Each other.
12. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
13. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
14. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
15. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
2. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
3. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
4. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
5. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)