|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
2. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
3. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
4. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
5. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
6. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
7. How many parts are there to the work?
8. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
9. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
10. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Garbage in, garbage out.
(b) The pot calling the kettle black.
(c) In one ear and out the other.
(d) Between a rock and a hard place.
11. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
12. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(d) Ill formed.
13. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
14. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
15. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(a) Original condition.
(b) Previous incarnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "procemium?"
2. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
4. What years did the King serve England?
5. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)