|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
2. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
3. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
4. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
5. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(c) Ill formed.
6. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
7. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
8. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(d) Each other.
9. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(a) Gray matter.
10. How many parts are there to the work?
11. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
12. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
13. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) Division of Sciences.
(b) The New Philosophy.
(c) History of Philosophy.
(d) The Ladder of the Intellect.
14. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(a) True understanding.
(d) A meeting of the minds.
15. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
Short Answer Questions
1. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
2. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
3. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
4. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
5. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)