|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
2. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
3. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(a) Original condition.
(d) Previous incarnation.
4. What years did the King serve England?
5. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
6. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
7. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
8. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
9. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
(b) Many different.
10. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(b) Each other.
11. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
12. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
13. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
14. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
15. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
2. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
3. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
4. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
5. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)