|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
2. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
(b) Many different.
3. What is a "procemium?"
4. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
5. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
6. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
7. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
8. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(a) False beliefs.
9. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(c) Gray matter.
10. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
11. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
12. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
13. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
(b) Foolish decisions.
14. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
15. Human reasoning is _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
2. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
3. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
4. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
5. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)