|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
2. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
3. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(b) Ill formed.
4. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
5. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
6. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
7. Human reasoning is _____.
8. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
9. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
10. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
11. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
12. How many parts are there to the work?
13. What years did the King serve England?
14. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
15. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) Division of Sciences.
(b) History of Philosophy.
(c) The Ladder of the Intellect.
(d) The New Philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
4. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
5. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)