|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
2. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
3. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
4. Human reasoning is _____.
5. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
6. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
7. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
8. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(c) False beliefs.
9. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
10. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(a) Outside influence.
(b) Alternative thought.
11. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
12. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
(a) "The Tragic Rebirth."
(b) "The Scientific Method."
(c) "The Mighty Revolution."
(d) "The Great Restoration."
13. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
14. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
15. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
2. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
3. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
4. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
5. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)