Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(b) False beliefs.
2. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(d) The Universe.
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Scientific Community.
(c) The public's consciousness.
(d) The Church.
4. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
5. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(b) True understanding.
(d) A meeting of the minds.
6. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
7. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Process information.
(b) Question itself.
(c) Be rebuilt.
(d) Move forward.
8. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
9. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
10. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
11. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
12. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
13. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
14. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
15. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
(a) Smallest insect.
(c) Earth's core.
(d) Bottom of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
2. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
3. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
4. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
5. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)