|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
2. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
(b) Foolish decisions.
3. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
4. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
5. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
6. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
7. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Scientific Community.
(b) The Church.
(d) The public's consciousness.
8. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
9. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(c) Ill formed.
10. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
11. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
12. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(a) Outside influence.
(d) Alternative thought.
13. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
14. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
15. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
2. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
3. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
4. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
5. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)