|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
2. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
3. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(c) Schools of thought.
4. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
5. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
6. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
(a) Many different.
7. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
(a) Foolish decisions.
8. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
9. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Move forward.
(b) Question itself.
(c) Process information.
(d) Be rebuilt.
10. Human reasoning is _____.
11. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
12. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
13. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
14. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(d) Gray matter.
15. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
2. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
3. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
4. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
5. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)