|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(c) Previous incarnation.
(d) Original condition.
2. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
3. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
4. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
5. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(a) A meeting of the minds.
(d) True understanding.
6. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
7. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(a) The Universe.
8. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(b) The past.
9. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
10. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
(b) Easily influenced.
11. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
12. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
13. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(d) Gray matter.
14. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
15. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "procemium?"
2. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
3. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
4. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
5. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)