|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
2. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
3. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(a) Previous incarnation.
(d) Original condition.
4. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
5. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
6. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
7. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
8. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(a) Alternative thought.
(c) Outside influence.
9. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
10. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
11. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
12. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
13. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
14. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
15. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
(c) Scientific inquiry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
2. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
3. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
4. How many parts are there to the work?
5. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)