|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(a) The Universe.
2. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(c) Gray matter.
3. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(c) Alternative thought.
(d) Outside influence.
4. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
5. What is a "procemium?"
6. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
7. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
8. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
9. What years did the King serve England?
10. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
11. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
12. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
13. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
14. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
15. Human reasoning is _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
2. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
3. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
4. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
5. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)