|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2c, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (The Father of Salomon's House).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was responsible for arbitrating disputes?
2. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
3. The Peruvians navigated which body of water to reach Bensalem?
(a) Yellow Sea.
(b) Red Sea.
(c) North Sea.
(d) South Sea.
4. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
5. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(a) The Universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
2. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
3. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
4. What was left behind after the pillar broke apart?
5. How many weeks were the sailors permitted to stay ashore?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)