|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2c, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (The Father of Salomon's House).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe their drug stores?
(a) Medicine house.
2. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
3. What was the name of the saint that left the letter behind?
4. The Americans were also a young people, younger than the rest of the world by _____ years.
5. What was the name of the group of sailors that went abroad to collect information?
(a) Knowledge Bringers.
(b) Sailing Librarians.
(c) Merchants of Light.
(d) Soldiers of Invention.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
2. The Mystery Men were also involved in what type of sciences?
3. A great pillar of light was seen by the people of which city?
4. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
5. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)