|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
2. According to island law, a person must wait at least ____ month(s) between the first interview and marriage.
3. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
4. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
5. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
2. Which of the following was not offered to the sailors at this time?
3. The crew was perplexed by the number of _______ use by the islanders.
4. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
5. How many weeks were the sailors permitted to stay ashore?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)