|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(a) Gray matter.
2. What name is given to the person in this position?
3. How many ships did Bensalem have at this time?
4. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
5. Which of the following countries is not mentioned in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
2. The ruler of Bensalem was also known to be a great ____.
3. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
4. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
5. The text states that the navigation of the world was smaller than it was in which year?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)