|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
2. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(c) Outside influence.
(d) Alternative thought.
3. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
4. King Solamona was known for having with the following?
(a) An iron will.
(b) A good heart.
(c) A strong mind.
(d) A keen sense of direction.
5. This philosopher described Atlantis in the ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
2. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
3. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
4. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
5. Which of the following was not offered to the sailors at this time?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)