|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
2. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
(a) Red Sea.
(b) South Sea.
(c) Pacific Ocean
(d) Atlantic Ocean.
3. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
4. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
5. It is said that the King's greatest act was to found an order called Salomon's House. The house is often referred to as being the ____ foundation on the earth.
(c) Most secretive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
2. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
3. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
4. Which of the following was not offered to the sailors at this time?
5. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)