|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
2. Which of the following supposedly took its toll on Atlantis?
(b) Divine revenge.
(c) The sea.
3. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
4. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
5. The king sent ____ ship(s) out to the world to gain knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. The work was presented in such a way that it was written in the native tongue for all but which group?
2. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
3. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
4. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
5. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)