|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was banned on the island?
2. What name is given to the person in this position?
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(b) The Church.
(c) The public's consciousness.
(d) The Scientific Community.
4. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
5. In which body of water did the ship go astray?
(a) Pacific Ocean
(b) Red Sea.
(c) South Sea.
(d) Atlantic Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
2. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
3. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
4. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
5. The governor told the sailors that the island had been saving money for _____ years.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)