|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
2. Which of the following was delivered to the ship by a small greeting party?
(d) Fresh water.
3. Some of the Islanders believed that man would be willing to discard ____ for a better offer.
4. According to island law, a person must wait at least ____ month(s) between the first interview and marriage.
5. What was the alternative name for the Peruvians?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
4. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
5. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)