|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
2. The governor informs the sailors that they would use the island's _____ to provide ship repair.
(b) Trade relations.
3. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
(a) Many different.
4. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
5. How many ships did Bensalem have at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
2. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
3. What was left behind after the pillar broke apart?
4. How many people approached the boats after the sailors requested medical treatment?
5. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
This section contains 135 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)