|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ruler of Bensalem was also known to be a great ____.
2. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
3. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
4. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
5. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(d) False beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
2. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
3. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
4. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
5. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)