|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Coya let the king of Bensalem, a wise man named ____.
2. Which of the following countries is not mentioned in the text?
3. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
4. The crew had taken a long enough supplies to last for ___ months.
5. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following supposedly took its toll on Atlantis?
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. The Americans were also a young people, younger than the rest of the world by _____ years.
4. The sailors offered _____ to the governor; the governor refused.
5. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)