|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Process information.
(b) Question itself.
(c) Move forward.
(d) Be rebuilt.
2. The king sent ____ ship(s) out to the world to gain knowledge.
3. King Solamona believed that the land should be maintained for _____.
4. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
5. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous philosopher reported the prosperity of Atlantis?
2. The Coya let the king of Bensalem, a wise man named ____.
3. What was the intended destination?
4. The sick were quarantined for ____ days.
5. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)