|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Peruvians navigated which body of water to reach Bensalem?
(a) South Sea.
(b) North Sea.
(c) Yellow Sea.
(d) Red Sea.
2. The ships were sent out every ____ years.
3. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(c) The past.
4. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) History of Philosophy.
(b) The New Philosophy.
(c) The Ladder of the Intellect.
(d) Division of Sciences.
5. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
2. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
3. How many of the sailors were sick and required medical attention?
4. The text states that the navigation of the world was smaller than it was in which year?
5. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)