|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Church.
(b) The Scientific Community.
(d) The public's consciousness.
2. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
(c) Foolish decisions.
3. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
4. Which of the following is not mentioned as being a group with large fleets?
5. The Peruvians navigated which body of water to reach Bensalem?
(a) North Sea.
(b) South Sea.
(c) Yellow Sea.
(d) Red Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
2. The author of the letter also supposedly preached in which country?
3. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
4. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
5. The text states that the navigation of the world was smaller than it was in which year?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)