|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the intended destination?
(c) The West Indies.
2. How many years after the ascension of Jesus did the Islanders convert to Christianity?
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(b) The public's consciousness.
(c) The Scientific Community.
(d) The Church.
4. The people realize that once they got as close as ____ yards they could not move.
5. Where were the sailors taken to be given medical treatment?
(a) Fathers House.
(b) Salomon's House.
(c) Stranger's House.
(d) Brethren House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was banned on the island?
2. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
3. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
4. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
5. Before the sailors were allowed to go ashore, they had to take an oath that they were not ____.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)