|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
2. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(a) Alternative thought.
(d) Outside influence.
3. What years did the King serve England?
4. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
5. How many parts are there to the work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
2. What is a "procemium?"
3. What was the name of the island?
4. The governor stated that the sailors would not be permitted to reveal the _______ of their missions.
5. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)