|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2b, New Atlantis, a Work Unfinished (Conversation with Governor continued, Conversation with Joabim).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
2. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
3. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(b) Alternative thought.
(d) Outside influence.
4. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
5. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
2. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
3. The Peruvians navigated which body of water to reach Bensalem?
4. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
5. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)