|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
2. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(d) The Universe.
3. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
4. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
(d) Scientific inquiry.
5. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
2. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
3. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
4. The sailors offered _____ to the governor; the governor refused.
5. The sailors communicated with the islanders in which language?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)