|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "procemium?"
2. The author of the letter also supposedly preached in which country?
3. What was left behind after the pillar broke apart?
4. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(d) Starting point.
5. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Be rebuilt.
(b) Question itself.
(c) Process information.
(d) Move forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the island?
2. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
3. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
4. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
5. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)