|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) Division of Sciences.
(b) The New Philosophy.
(c) History of Philosophy.
(d) The Ladder of the Intellect.
2. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
3. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
(d) Many different.
4. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
5. The sick were quarantined for ____ days.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
2. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
3. The work was presented in such a way that it was written in the native tongue for all but which group?
4. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
5. What was left behind after the pillar broke apart?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)