|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Human reasoning is _____.
2. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(b) Outside influence.
(c) Alternative thought.
3. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
4. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
5. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
2. The sailors offered _____ to the governor; the governor refused.
3. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
4. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
5. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)