|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A great pillar of light was seen by the people of which city?
(b) Sao Paulo.
2. The sailors communicated with the islanders in which language?
3. What is a "procemium?"
4. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
5. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
2. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
3. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
4. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
5. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)