|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sailors offered _____ to the governor; the governor refused.
2. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
3. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Garbage in, garbage out.
(b) In one ear and out the other.
(c) The pot calling the kettle black.
(d) Between a rock and a hard place.
4. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(b) False beliefs.
5. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was delivered to the ship by a small greeting party?
2. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
3. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
4. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
5. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)