|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people approached the boats after the sailors requested medical treatment?
2. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
3. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
4. What was on top of the great pillar of light?
5. What was the intended destination?
(a) The West Indies.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
2. The crew was perplexed by the number of _______ use by the islanders.
3. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
4. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
5. What is a "procemium?"
This section contains 126 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)