|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sick were quarantined for ____ days.
2. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) The pot calling the kettle black.
(b) Between a rock and a hard place.
(c) Garbage in, garbage out.
(d) In one ear and out the other.
3. What was the name of the island?
(a) Pago Pago.
4. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Church.
(c) The Scientific Community.
(d) The public's consciousness.
5. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(b) Schools of thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
2. In the beginning of the work, sailors departed from which country?
3. How many days did it take from the time the sailors spotted land until they reached a port?
4. How many parts are there to the work?
5. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)