|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The public's consciousness.
(c) The Church.
(d) The Scientific Community.
2. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
3. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
4. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
5. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
2. What years did the King serve England?
3. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
4. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
5. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)