|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
2. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
3. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(c) False beliefs.
4. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(a) Outside influence.
(d) Alternative thought.
5. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
2. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
3. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
4. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
5. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
This section contains 132 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)