|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
2. Human reasoning is _____.
3. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
4. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
5. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) The pot calling the kettle black.
(b) In one ear and out the other.
(c) Between a rock and a hard place.
(d) Garbage in, garbage out.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
2. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
3. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
4. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
5. What years did the King serve England?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)