|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Garbage in, garbage out.
(b) The pot calling the kettle black.
(c) Between a rock and a hard place.
(d) In one ear and out the other.
2. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
3. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
4. Human reasoning is _____.
5. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(d) The Universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
2. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
3. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
4. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
5. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)