|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
2. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The public's consciousness.
(b) The Scientific Community.
(d) The Church.
4. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
5. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
Short Answer Questions
1. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
2. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
3. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
4. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
5. What is a "procemium?"
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)