|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(d) Each other.
2. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
3. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
4. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
(a) Easily influenced.
5. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
2. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
4. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
5. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)