|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(a) Starting point.
2. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
(a) Easily influenced.
3. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
4. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(b) Schools of thought.
5. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
(a) Smallest insect.
(b) Earth's core.
(c) Bottom of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
2. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
3. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
4. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
5. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)