|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
2. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(d) Schools of thought.
3. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
4. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(a) The past.
5. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(a) Starting point.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
2. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
3. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
4. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
5. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)