|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
(a) Earth's core.
(b) Smallest insect.
(c) Bottom of the sea.
2. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
(a) Foolish decisions.
3. How many parts are there to the work?
4. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
(d) Scientific inquiry.
5. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
2. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
3. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
4. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
5. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)