|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
2. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
3. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
4. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
5. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
2. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
3. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
4. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
5. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)