|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
2. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
3. Which is not one of the parts of the plan?
(a) The New Philosophy.
(b) Division of Sciences.
(c) History of Philosophy.
(d) The Ladder of the Intellect.
4. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
(c) Many different.
5. Human reasoning is _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
2. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
3. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
4. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
5. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)