|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(a) Original condition.
(d) Previous incarnation.
2. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(d) Gray matter.
3. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
4. How many parts are there to the work?
5. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
2. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
3. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
4. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
5. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)