|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
(c) Ill formed.
2. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
3. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Garbage in, garbage out.
(b) Between a rock and a hard place.
(c) In one ear and out the other.
(d) The pot calling the kettle black.
4. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
5. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of history is ideal to build a foundation for philosophy?
2. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
3. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
4. What years did the King serve England?
5. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)