|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
(d) Easily influenced.
2. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(a) Gray matter.
3. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(c) Previous incarnation.
(d) Original condition.
4. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
5. How many parts are there to the work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
2. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
3. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
4. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
5. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)