|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(c) Schools of thought.
2. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(c) False beliefs.
3. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(d) Each other.
4. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
5. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
2. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
3. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
4. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
5. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)