|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What years did the King serve England?
2. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(d) Each other.
3. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
4. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
5. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
2. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
3. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
4. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
5. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)