|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
(c) Foolish decisions.
2. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
3. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
4. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(d) False beliefs.
5. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(a) Schools of thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
2. Human reasoning is _____.
3. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
4. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
5. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)