|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(b) Starting point.
2. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
3. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
4. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
5. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(c) True understanding.
(d) A meeting of the minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
2. Human reasoning is _____.
3. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
4. What years did the King serve England?
5. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)