|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
2. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
3. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
4. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
5. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
2. This is accomplished through the use of ______.
3. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
4. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
5. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)