|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
2. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(d) False beliefs.
3. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
4. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
5. How many parts are there to the work?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
2. We need methods that can discover causes and deliver philosophy's first:
3. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
4. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
5. Which of the following is the process of reasoning probabilistically?
This section contains 136 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)