|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
2. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(a) A meeting of the minds.
(d) True understanding.
3. The first part is referred to as being ______ outlined.
4. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
5. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
2. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
3. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
4. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
5. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)