|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
(a) Process information.
(b) Question itself.
(c) Be rebuilt.
(d) Move forward.
2. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) The pot calling the kettle black.
(b) Between a rock and a hard place.
(c) In one ear and out the other.
(d) Garbage in, garbage out.
3. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
4. Bacon believed that common sense established _____ certain degrees of assurance.
5. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
2. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
3. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
4. The modern ____ goes first from the senses to general propositions.
5. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)