|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(d) The Universe.
2. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
(b) Earth's core.
(c) Smallest insect.
(d) Bottom of the sea.
3. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
4. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
5. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
2. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
3. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
4. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
5. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)