|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(c) Starting point.
2. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Scientific Community.
(b) The Church.
(d) The public's consciousness.
4. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
5. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(a) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
2. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
3. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
4. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
5. The fifth part includes things Bacon had discovered through the ordinary use of ______.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)