|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
2. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
3. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
4. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
5. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
2. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
3. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
4. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
5. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)