|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
2. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
3. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
(a) Between a rock and a hard place.
(b) Garbage in, garbage out.
(c) In one ear and out the other.
(d) The pot calling the kettle black.
4. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
5. It is from the _____ of our causes that are planned fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
2. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
3. What adjective is used to describe this particular course of inquiry?
4. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
5. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)