|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
2. Bacon rejects a certain type of reasoning because it is too _____ and independent of the empirical.
3. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
(a) Earth's core.
(c) Bottom of the sea.
(d) Smallest insect.
4. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
5. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
2. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
3. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
4. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
5. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)