|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
2. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
3. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(c) The Universe.
4. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(b) Starting point.
5. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
2. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
3. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
4. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
5. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)