|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Using the new logic, an observer will give up falsehood and avoid _____.
(a) Alternative thought.
(c) Outside influence.
2. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
3. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
4. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
5. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
Short Answer Questions
1. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
2. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
3. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
4. How many parts are there to the work?
5. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)