|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
2. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
3. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
4. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
5. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following promises to remedy the problem by offering repeatable testable methods of inquiry?
2. Which of the following items is needed to find the systematic order a particular subject?
3. Since the observer is ____, he must look to history for similar observations.
4. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
5. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)