|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
2. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(c) Each other.
3. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
4. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
5. Ultimately, man is nature's _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the ideas of the mind are poorly constructed and ____.
2. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
3. How many parts are there to the work?
4. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
5. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)