|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In ordinary logic, _____ reigns.
2. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
3. Bacon's goal is to collect particular _______ and then make inferences about general principles.
(c) Schools of thought.
4. The author states that the work is only a beginning that developing this philosophy is starting the real _____ of the human race.
5. The author states that everything should be observed from the _____ to the human body.
(a) Bottom of the sea.
(c) Smallest insect.
(d) Earth's core.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
2. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
4. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
5. What years did the King serve England?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)