|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fourth parts of the plan involves the application of _______.
2. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
(a) "The Scientific Method."
(b) "The Great Restoration."
(c) "The Tragic Rebirth."
(d) "The Mighty Revolution."
3. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
4. Bacon lays out a plan for organizing which of the following?
(d) Scientific inquiry.
5. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the philosophers attempt to amend simple human observation with ridiculous _____.
2. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
3. The first part of the work is to equip the intellect to do which of the following?
4. We must avoid our ____if we want to see the pattern of the world..
5. With clear ____, the intellect can become more powerful.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)