|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1b, The Plan of the Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
2. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
3. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(a) Gray matter.
4. Which of the following often gives ideas that are false because of the lack of information?
5. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
2. The new logic is designed to command active ____.
3. Bacon states that man can only obey _____ causes.
4. What term does Bacon use to describe syllogism?
5. The problem is that common logic also requires more ____.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)