|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
2. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
3. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
4. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
5. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(d) Gray matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
2. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
3. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
4. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
5. Human reasoning is _____.
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)