|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
2. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
3. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(a) False beliefs.
4. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(c) Gray matter.
5. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
Short Answer Questions
1. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
2. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
3. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
4. What is a "procemium?"
5. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)