|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Human reasoning is _____.
2. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(c) The Universe.
3. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
4. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
(a) "The Mighty Revolution."
(b) "The Scientific Method."
(c) "The Tragic Rebirth."
(d) "The Great Restoration."
5. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(a) A meeting of the minds.
(c) True understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
2. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
3. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
4. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
5. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)