|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(a) False beliefs.
2. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
3. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
4. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
5. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(d) Each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
2. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
3. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
4. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
5. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)