|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following are said to have had no role except for in mechanics?
2. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(d) The past.
3. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
4. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
5. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
2. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
3. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
4. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
5. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)