|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
(b) Foolish decisions.
2. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
3. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
4. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(d) False beliefs.
5. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
2. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
3. What years did the King serve England?
4. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
5. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)