|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The Church.
(c) The public's consciousness.
(d) The Scientific Community.
2. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(b) False beliefs.
3. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
4. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
5. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(d) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "procemium?"
2. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
3. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
4. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
5. What years did the King serve England?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)