|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(a) Original condition.
(c) Previous incarnation.
2. Bacon refers to one's powers as being ____ and reasoning.
3. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
4. What is a "procemium?"
5. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
2. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
4. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
5. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)