|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
2. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(b) True understanding.
(d) A meeting of the minds.
3. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
4. What years did the King serve England?
5. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
2. In the end, the two sides ended up arguing over ______.
3. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
4. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
5. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)