|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
(a) Foolish decisions.
2. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
3. What years did the King serve England?
4. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(a) Previous incarnation.
(c) Original condition.
5. What is a "procemium?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
2. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
3. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
4. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
5. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)