|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Human reasoning is _____.
2. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
3. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
(c) Each other.
4. Many things may be improved by using instruments of _____.
5. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(b) The Universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
2. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
3. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
4. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
5. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)