|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon states that people tend lean toward false and hasty ______.
2. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
(c) The past.
3. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
4. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
5. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
2. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
3. Human reasoning is _____.
4. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
5. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)