|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
(a) The public's consciousness.
(c) The Church.
(d) The Scientific Community.
2. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
(b) The Universe.
3. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
4. Instead, men placed too much focus on their ____.
(a) False beliefs.
5. What is another name for "The Great Instauration?"
(a) "The Scientific Method."
(b) "The Tragic Rebirth."
(c) "The Great Restoration."
(d) "The Mighty Revolution."
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
2. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
3. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
4. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
5. What years did the King serve England?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)