|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
2. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(a) True understanding.
(c) A meeting of the minds.
3. At the same time, men tend to underestimate their _____.
4. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
(d) Gray matter.
5. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is important that man be able to gather clues from _____.
2. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
3. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
4. The _____ way starts out hard but ends in "open country."
5. It is the ____ of power that caused angels to fall.
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)