|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Overall, philosophy was _____ but barren.
2. It is stated that the author believes that men tend to misunderstand their _____.
3. What is a "procemium?"
4. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
5. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
2. Human reasoning is _____.
3. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
4. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
5. Bacon suggests that man should try to focus on their ___ powers.
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)