|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those that ran the polity of science were ____.
2. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
3. Bacon says that ____ is "more precious than anything on earth."
(a) A meeting of the minds.
(b) True understanding.
4. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
5. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Often times the community was controlled by ______ rules.
2. What years did the King serve England?
3. Bacon believes that the human mind easily misuses its ____ in many ways.
4. Bacon begs the King to be a ____ and respecter of the Sciences.
5. Bacon asks the ____ God to grant him the power to help humanity.
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)