Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, New Atlantis, A Work Unfinished (Introduction, Discovery of Bensalem, Meeting with Governor).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon went to work for which King of England?
2. Other forms of thinking may start out being easier but will most likely end up in ____ places.
(b) Many different.
3. What was the intended destination?
(a) The West Indies.
4. Bacon states that a new logic has a different _____ from the old logic.
(a) Starting point.
5. What was the total number of sailors on the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Biblical person was condemned for illicit moral knowledge?
2. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
3. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
4. The sixth part refers to the _______ course of inquiry.
5. The name of the island means "offspring of ____, safety and completeness" in Hebrew.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)