Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Great Instauration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bacon believes that the meeting between the two entities must return to its _______.
(c) Original condition.
(d) Previous incarnation.
2. A person's examination of the world should involve true _____.
3. Science descended from debates held by the ______.
4. It is better to try and fail rather than to make _____ on something that cannot work.
(d) Foolish decisions.
5. The ancients looked only to the stars and as such became too focused on ____ and abstract meditation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bacon states that reason can reconstruct human knowledge, science, and ____.
2. If man was able to focus on these powers, he would be able to master which of the following?
3. Francis Bacon believes that it is ____ for him to write the following work.
4. Part of the reason for the movement was to show that the knowledge in _____ was stagnant.
5. The only way out of ____ is to build a plan of inquiry.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)